AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 27 October 2022 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- In October 2022, which of the following Lakshadweep beaches received the “Blue Flag” Tag?
1) Kadmat Beach
2) Minicoy Thundi Beach
3) Kavaratti Beach
4) Both 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-4) Both 1 & 2
The two Indian beaches, Minicoy Thundi Beach and Kadmat Beach, both in Lakshadweep have been accorded with the globally recognized and the coveted International eco-label ‘Blue Flag’. They comply with all the 33 criteria as mandated by the Foundation for Environment Education (FEE) in Denmark.
i. With this certification, India’s total number of beaches under the Blue Flag reached 12.
ii. The information for the same was provided by Union Minister Bhupender Yadav, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC).
- In October 2022, India’s first solar-powered village ‘Modhera’ became India’s first net-zero energy community.
Modhera village is situated in which state?
1) Madhya Pradesh
5) GujaratAnswer-5) Gujarat
India’s first solar-powered village Modhera in the Mehsana district of Gujarat has become India’s first ‘net-zero’ energy community by meeting its 100% energy requirements using onsite solar power.
• This was achieved as a result of Project Suryagram (Sun Village).
i. As a part of the project, 1 kilowatt(KW) of solar panels were installed on the roof of every household in Modhera in 2 phases.
ii. The project made Modhera India’s first 24×7 solar-powered villages.
- Which country’s Navy has recently (in Oct ‘22) conducted the 2nd edition of the Tri-Services HADR (Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief) Exercise, ‘Tiger Triumph 2022′, along with the Indian Navy at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh?
4) United States
5) FranceAnswer-4) United States
The 2nd edition of India-United States (US) Tri-Services HADR (Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief) Exercise, ‘Tiger Triumph 2022’ was held at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh (AP) between the Indian Navy (IN) and US Navy. It was held in line with the growing strategic cooperation between the two countries.
i. The first Tiger Triumph exercise was held in 2019 in Visakhapatnam. It is the first tri-services exercise between the US and India.
- In October 2022, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) granted the Aerodrome Licence to Mopa Airport in _________.
1) West Bengal
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer-4) Goa
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) grants the Aerodrome Licence to Mopa Airport in Goa to commence flight operations.
i. Goa is the 1st Indian city-state to have 2 airports that will soon see regular commercial flights.
- As per the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)’s NDC Synthesis Report 2022, the climate plans of governments around the world are still insufficient to keep global warming to______, as mandated by the 2015 Paris Agreement.
5) 3.2°CAnswer-2) 1.5°C
The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) in its ‘NDC Synthesis Report 2022’, issued a warning that the climate plans of governments around the world are still insufficient to keep global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius (1.5°C), as mandated by the 2015 Paris Agreement.
i. According to the report, the combined climate pledges of the 193 parties to the Paris Agreement could put the world on course for about 2.5°C of warming by the end of the century.
ii. The report estimates that, compared to 2010 levels, current commitments will result in a rise in emissions of 10.6% by 2030.
iii. The UNFCCC report on Long-Term Low-Emission Development Strategies, which was also published, examined how various nations intended to achieve net-zero emissions by or about 2050.
- As per the World Energy Outlook 2022, released by the International Energy Agency (IEA) in October 2022, Global Emissions are expected to peak in ________.
5) 2030Answer-3) 2050
According to the World Energy Outlook 2022, released by the International Energy Agency (IEA), global emissions will reach their peak in 2025 as rising energy prices brought on by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine encourage investment in Renewable Energy sources.
i. Global emissions reach their peak before 2025 and drop to 31.5 Gigatonnes (Gt) of Carbon dioxide (CO2) in 2030, which is roughly 15% less than in the Scenario of Stated Policies (STEPS).
ii. The IEA predicts that global Renewable Energy investment would increase by more than 50% from 2020 levels to USD 2 trillion per year by 2030.
- Which organisation’s report stated (in Oct ‘22) that every child across the globe will be exposed to severe heat waves by 2050?
1) United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
2) United Nations Environment Programme
3) United Nations Children’s Fund
4) United Nations Human Settlement Programme
5) World Health OrganizationAnswer-3) United Nations Children’s Fund
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) report titled “The coldest year of the rest of their lives: Protecting children from the escalating impacts of heatwaves”, estimates that by 2050, every child (over 2 billion) across the globe will be exposed to more frequent, longer lasting, and more severe heat waves up from 24% of children in 2020. This is an increase of around 1.5 billion children.
i. At present, around 559 million children across the globe are exposed to high heatwave frequency.
Note: For the first time, this report provides estimates on how many children are exposed to 4 measures of heatwaves, now and in forecasts for 2050
- As per the report published by OAG Aviation Worldwide Limited in October 2022, Delhi Airport from India has been named the world’s _______ busiest global airport by seats, while Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport from ______ ranked 1st in the list.
1) 10th; United States of America
2) 5th; Germany
3) 10th; United Kingdom
4) 5th; United States of America
5) 3rd; United KingdomAnswer- 1) 10th; United States of America
According to the report published by OAG Aviation Worldwide Limited in October 2022, Delhi Airport also known as Indira Gandhi International Airport or IGI Airport in New Delhi, Delhi has been named the world’s 10th busiest global airport by seats.
i. In October 2022, Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America (USA) remained the world’s busiest airport followed by Atlanta, Dubai International and Tokyo International Airport (Haneda Airport) secured the 2nd and 3rd rank respectively.
ii. According to the OAG report, Dubai International is the busiest international airport followed by London Heathrow Airport.
iii. In a different report, OAG stated that Mumbai to Delhi is among the global top 10 busiest domestic airline routes (ranked 9th) and Mumbai to Dubai is among the Global top 10 Busiest International Airline routes (ranked 9th).
- Name the bank that has recently (in Oct ‘22) launched six digital transformation initiatives under its “Project WAVE (World of Advanced Virtual Experience)”.
1) Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Indian Bank
4) Union Bank of India
5) Canara BankAnswer-3) Indian Bank
The Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) Indian Bank launched six digital transformation initiatives under its ‘Project WAVE (World of Advance Virtual Experience)’.
i. Indian Bank has tied-up with Universal Sompo General Insurance for providing online two and three-wheeler insurance, and health insurance through its mobile banking app IndOASIS. This will enable bank’s customers to access and buy general insurance products digitally, anytime, and anywhere.
- In October 2022, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) approved the launch of Bima Sugam, an online marketplace for All Insurance needs, with effect from __________.
1) 1st January 2023
2) 1st February 2023
3) 1st March 2023
4) 1st November 2022
5) 1st December 2022Answer-1) 1st January 2023
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) approved the launch of Bima Sugam, an online marketplace that will house all companies selling life and non-life insurance on a single platform w.e.f. January 1, 2023.
i. The key stakeholders in Bima Sugam are going to be Life Insurance Council (30%), General Insurance Council at (30%), Online PSBs-Public Sector Banks (35%) and Brokers Association (5%).
ii. IRDAI has offered more flexibility to general insurance companies in designing and pricing of products under miscellaneous segments and allowed them to launch these in the market without prior regulatory approval.
• Earlier, the products with a sum assured above Rs 5 crore can be launched without prior approval of IRDAI but regulatory approval before launching products with sum assured up to Rs 5 crore was required
• Now, IRDAI said that it has extended the ‘Use and File’ procedure, i.e. launching insurance products without prior approval, to all categories.