AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 27 November 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- In November 2021, The Ministry of Jal Shakti launched ‘River Cities Alliance’ for Sustainable Management of Urban Rivers which was organized by ________ & National Mission for Clean Ganga.
1) Confederation of Indian Industry
2) Centre for Policy Research
3) Institute of Economic Growth
4) National Institute of Disaster Management
5) National Institute of Urban AffairsAnswer-5) National Institute of Urban Affairs
National Mission for Clean Ganga & National Institute of Urban Affairs jointly organised a first-of-its-kind River Cities Alliance (RCA) ceremony in New Delhi.
• The core objective of River Cities Alliance (RCA) is to provide the member cities with a platform to discuss and exchange information on aspects that are vital for sustainable management of urban rivers.
- In November 2021, Indian Air Force received 2 Mirage 2000 aircraft & inducted them to the Gwalior air base. The Aircrafts were bought from which country?
5) AustraliaAnswer-2) France
The Indian Air Force (IAF) received 2 Mirage 2000 aircrafts from France at Gwalior air base as a major boost to the fighter jet fleet of IAF amid border tensions with China and Pakistan.
• The aircraft will be upgraded to the latest standard as part of the ongoing Mirage upgrade deal with the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.
Note – The Mirage upgrade deal was signed in 2011 between the France and India was signed for enhancing the capabilities of these 51 aircraft
- The 3-day Shillong Cherry Blossom Festival 2021 was held in 2 venues in Meghalaya, where the 1st edition of “Shillong Cherry Blossom Literary Festival” was conducted at?
1) Thadlaskein Lake
2) Nako Lake
3) Umiam Lake
4) Dal Lake
5) Ward’s LakeAnswer-5) Ward’s Lake
The three day Shillong Cherry Blossom Festival 2021 inaugurated by Chief Minister (CM) of Meghalaya, Conrad K Sangma and Ambassador of Japan to India, Satoshi Suzuki. The festival is held in two venues, Ward’s Lake and Polo Grounds in Meghalaya.
i. Ward’s Lake will host the celebrations of the 1st edition of literary festival – “Shillong Cherry Blossom Literary Festival-1st Edition”, and the Polo Grounds will host musical performances, fashion shows and other events.
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the 41st session of UNESCO General Conference 2021 that was held at Paris, France?
A) Ambassador Zohour Alaoui, Permanent Delegate of Morocco to UNESCO was elected as the President of the 41st session of the General Conference.
B) During the event Recommendations on the Ethics of Artificial Intelligence & Open Science were adopted.
C) UNESCO celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Man and the Biosphere Programme (MAB), which was launched in 1971.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & CAnswer-5) Only B & C
Ambassador Santiago Irazabal Mourão, Permanent Delegate of Brazil to UNESCO is the President of the 41st session of the General Conference.
• During the event Recommendation on the Ethics of Artificial Intelligence(AI) & Open Science were adopted.
• UNESCO celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Man and the Biosphere Programme (MAB) on November 17, 2021.
- Who got reelected as Director-General of UNESCO with 155 Votes at the 41st session of UNESCO General Conference in Paris, France?
1) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
2) Audrey Azoulay
3) Henrietta H. Fore
4) David Malpass
5) Christine LagardeAnswer-2) Audrey Azoulay
Audrey Azoulay was reelected for a 2nd mandate as Director-General of UNESCO. She won the 2nd mandate at the 41st session of the General Conference with 155 votes out of a total of 169 ballots cast.
- Which was the “Collins Dictionary word” of the year 2021?
2) Non-Fungible Token
5) VaxAnswer-2) Non-Fungible Token
The Collins Dictionary has selected the term ‘NFT’, the short for ‘Non-Fungible Token’, as the word of the year 2021.
NFT word of 2021:
i. NFT was chosen as the word of the year 2021 since the use of the abbreviation has increased by more than 11000% in 2021.
ii. NFT is one of the 3 tech-based words to make it to Collins’ new words list.
- Who got elected as an Asian delegate to the Executive Committee of the Interpol in November 2021?
1) Alok Verma
2) Praveen Sinha
3) Subodh Kumar Jaiswal
4) Rishi Kumar Shukla
5) Rakesh AsthanaAnswer-2) Praveen Sinha
India’s Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) special director Praveen Sinha elected as the delegate for Asia in the Executive Panel/committee of the Interpol.
• CBI represents India in Interpol to ensure the widest possible assistance between criminal police authorities to prevent crimes.
- National Milk Day is commemorated every year in India on November 26 to Mark the birth Anniversary of whom?
1) Arun Krishnan
2) Verghese Kurien
3) Vishal Tewari
4) Durgesh Patel
5) MS SwaminathanAnswer-2) Verghese Kurien
National Milk Day is annually observed across India on 26th November to mark the birth anniversary of Dr Verghese Kurien, India’s ‘Father of White Revolution’.
• The National Milk Day 2021 marks the 100th Birth anniversary of Verghese Kurien, who was also fondly known as the Milk Man of India.
• Ministry for Animal Husbandry and Dairying presented the first-ever National Gopal Ratna Awards on 26th November 2021
- What are the points that are correct with respect to Constitution day ?
A) Constitution day is observed across India on 26th November to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India on 26th November 1949.
B) The Constituent Assembly of India met for the first time on 9th December 1946 under the presidency of Dr B.R. Ambedkar.
C) In 2015, The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment made the first ever observance of the 26th November of Constitution Day
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only A & CAnswer-5) Only A & C
Constitution day is observed across India on 26th November to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India on 26th November 1949.
The Constituent Assembly of India met for the first time on 9th December 1946 under the Presidency of Sachchidananda Sinha.
In 2015, The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment made the first ever observance of the 26th November of Constitution Day.
- The Union Minister of Power & Renewable Energy laid the foundation stone (in Nov’21) for 1500 MW Capacity of Solar Power parks in which state?
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) GujaratAnswer-3) Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh (MP) Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Union Minister for Power and New and Renewable Energy, RK Singh laid the foundation stone for 1500 MW capacity solar power parks in Madhya Pradesh.
• The CM also launched the ‘Urja Saksharta Abhiyan’ (USHA), a mass campaign on how to stop the wastage of electricity.