AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 27 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which Indian hockey stadium was renamed as “Olympian Balbir Singh Senior International Hockey Stadium” to mark the contribution of India’s 3 time Olympics champion Balbir Singh Senior?
1) Raipur International Hockey Stadium
2) Vidarbha Hockey Association Stadium
3) Kalinga Stadium
4) Bangalore Hockey Stadium
5) Mohali International Hockey Stadium
Answer-5) Mohali International Hockey Stadium
The Government of Punjab has officially renamed the Mohali International Hockey Stadium Sector 63 phase 9, Mohali, Punjab, after the 3 time Olympics champion, Padma Shri Balbir Singh Senior. The stadium will be officially known as Olympian Balbir Singh Senior International Hockey Stadium.
- India opened up imports of 3 pulses – Tur, Moong & Urad, by amending them from restricted to open category. Which Ministry is responsible for the amending the rules?
1) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
2) Ministry of External Affairs
3) Ministry of Finance
4) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
5) Ministry of Home Affairs
Answer-4) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
The government of India has opened up the import of pulses like tur (arhar), moong and urad pulses as the Ministry of Commerce has amended the import coverage of these 3 pulses by transferring them from restricted to open category.
- Which country launched “UNITE AWARE”, a new mobile app for improving the safety & security of the UN Peacekeeping Force?
India will launch ‘UNITE AWARE’, a mobile tech platform for the United Nations Peacekeepers to improve their safety and security in the line of duty. It will be launched during India’s United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Presidency term in August 2021.
i.UNITED AWARE will increase the situational awareness of the peacekeepers by providing terrain-related information.
- Which country signed an MoU with WHO to set-up the 1st WHO BioHub Facility for rapid genome sharing of viruses & pathogens?
World Health Organization (WHO), and Switzerland signed an MoU to launch the first WHO BioHub Facility as part of the WHO BioHub System during the 74th World Health Assembly in Geneva, Switzerland. The facility will allow the rapid sharing of viruses and other pathogens genomes between laboratories and global partners.
Director-General – Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
- Which bank (in May’21) implemented TransUnion’s Onboarding solution for digitising onboarding of its credit card customers?
1) YES Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) ICICI Bank
5) Axis Bank
Answer-1) YES Bank
YES Bank digitises onboarding of credit card customers by implementing TransUnion’s Onboarding Solution. This solution will enable YES BANK to onboard its credit card customers seamlessly, efficiently, and quickly.
About YES Bank:
MD & CEO – Prashant Kumar
Tagline– Experience our Expertise
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- “Pockets” became the 1st in India in the Digital Wallet sector to link e-Wallet with UPI network. The Digital Wallet “Pockets” belongs to which bank?
1) HDFC Bank
2) City Union Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) State Bank of India
5) ICICI Bank
Answer-5) ICICI Bank
In collaboration with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), ICICI Bank has launched a facility for linking a Unified Payments Interface (UPI) ID with its digital wallet, ‘Pockets’ and became the 1st one in the industry to link e-wallet with UPI Network.
- Who was appointed (in May’21) as the Director of Central Bureau of Investigation(CBI)?
1) Radha Vinod Raju
2) Arvind Kumar
3) Subodh Kumar Jaiswal
4) Samant Goel
5) Rakesh Asthana
Answer-3) Subodh Kumar Jaiswal
The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet has appointed Subodh Kumar Jaiswal as the Director of Central Bureau of Investigation(CBI) for a period of 2 years from the date of assumption of charge.
- FIFA World Cup winning footballer, Sami Khedira, retired from international football. Which country did he represent?
Germany’s 2014 FIFA World Cup-winner Sami Khedira announced retirement, He began his football career at VfB Stuttgart and won the Bundesliga title in 2007.
- Vesak Day or Buddha Purnima is annually celebrated across the globe on the full moon day of the Hindu Month Vaisakha. Buddha Purnima marks which event of Buddha’s life?
2) Great Renunciation
4) First Sermon
Vesak Day also known as Buddha Purnima, the birth anniversary of Lord Gautama Buddha, the founder of Buddhism, is annually celebrated across the globe on the full moon day of the Hindu Month Vaisakha.
Buddha Purnima 2021 falls on 26th May 2021.
- MPEDA was established as a statutory body under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
2) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
3) Ministry of Jal Shakti
4) Ministry of Commerce & Industry
5) Ministry of Science and Technology
Answer- 4) Ministry of Commerce & Industry
The Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) is a statutory body that was established in 1972 under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry for promotion of export of marine products from India