AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 27 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs March 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 27 March 2021
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In March 2021, India & Pakistan held the 116th Joint Meeting under the Indus Water Treaty (IWT) in New Delhi, where Pakistan raised objections on the 1000MW Pakal Dul Hydro Electric Project that is built over __________ river.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Marusudar
India & Pakistan held the 116th Meeting of Permanent Indus Commission (PIC) under the Indus Water Treaty (IWT) in New Delhi from March, 2021. Indian side was led by Pradeep Kumar Saxena. The last meeting under IWT took place in Lahore in August, 2018.
· Pakistan raised objections over the designs of 2 Hydroelectric projects in J&K – Pakal Dul Hydro Electric Project & Lower Kalnai Project.
· Pakal Dul Hydro Electric Project (1, 000 MW) is proposed on the Marusudar river, a tributary of the Chenab river, in Kishtwar district in J&K.
- Where is the ‘Fiyavathi Home for Vulnerable Children’ located, which was renovated with financial assistance from Indian Government?
5) Sri Lanka
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Maldives
On March 24, 2021, Maldives Ministry of Gender, Family and Social Services inaugurated the renovated ‘Fiyavathi Home for Vulnerable Children’ in Hulhumale that houses over 110 children. A Cash grant of ~ 1.9 Million Maldivian Rufiyaa (MVR) was allocated by Indian Government for the completion of this project.
- What % of stocks can be issued through open offerings by the companies listed under the Innovators Growth Platform (IGP) as per the recent (in Mar’21) amendment made by SEBI?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) 49%
In March 2021, SEBI introduced many relaxations to the framework of Innovators Growth Platform (IGP) to help start-ups. It also made amendments to SEBI regulations such as Delisting of Equity Shares and Alternative Investment Funds.
· For a company to be listed on IGP, 25% of its pre-issue capital need to be held by institutional investors for at least 2 years. This time period has been reduced to 1 year.
· Now, Companies listed under IGP can make open offers in stocks up to 49% which was previously limited to 25%.
- Which NBFC signed a Loan agreement (in Mar’21) with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for a loan worth 10 bn Japanese Yen for Green financing projects?
1) Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd
2) Power Finance Corporation Ltd
3) Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd
4) HDB Financial Services Ltd
5) Tata Cleantech Capital Ltd
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Tata Cleantech Capital Ltd
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) signed a Loan agreement for a maximum amount of 10 Billion Japanese Yen (~ INR 660 Crore) with Tata Cleantech Capital Ltd (TCCL), a Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) for offering loans to Indian firms focussing on Clean Energy Projects.
· The loan will support TCCL to reduce the impact of climate change by offering green finance, which will contribute to decrease India’s Green House Gas (GHG) emission.
- Who was the recipient of the “Vyas Samman 2020” award?
1) Mamta Kalia
2) Surinder Verma
3) Sharad Pagare
4) Leeladhar Jagudi
5) Nasira Sharma
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Sharad Pagare
Hindi writer, Professor “Sharad Pagare” from Madhya Pradesh was conferred with the prestigious “Vyas Samman 2020” for his historic novel “Patliputru ki Samragi”.
· Vyas Samman is annually awarded since 1991, for outstanding literature works in Hindi.
· It also provides a cash price of Rs. 4 lakhs to the recipient.
- Which Ministry recently (in Mar’21) introduced 2 technological initiatives: Central Scrutiny Centre (CSC) & IEPFA Mobile app?
1) Ministry of Finance
2) Ministry of Science and Technology
3) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
4) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
5) Ministry of Defence
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
Nirmala Sitharaman virtually launched 2 Tech-enabled initiatives of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) – Central Scrutiny Centre (CSC) & Mobile app of IEPFA (Investor Education & Protection Fund Authority). They aim to strengthen the Prime Minister’s vision of ‘Digitally Empowered India’.
Central Scrutiny Centre (CSC) – For Scrutinizing Straight Through Process (STP) Forms filed by the corporates on the MCA 21 registry.
IEPFA’s (Investor Education & Protection Fund Authority) Mobile App – For enhancing Financial literacy among Investors.
- Which animal was recently (in Mar’21) listed as Critically Endangered in the IUCN Red List?
1) Red Panda
2) African Wild Dog
3) Large Indian Civet
4) Spotted Hyena
5) African Forest Elephant
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) African Forest Elephant
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) has listed the African Elephants: African forest elephant (Loxodonta cyclotis) as Critically Endangered and the African Savanna Elephant (Loxodonta africana) as Endangered in the IUCN Red List.
· Due to extreme Poaching, the population of African Forest Elephants fell by 86% in the last 31 years & African Savanna Elephants fell by 60% in the last 50 years.
- Who won the Gold medal in the P4 – mixed 50m Pistol SH1 event in the World Shooting Para Sport World Cup by setting the new World Record score?
1) Manish Narwal
3) Sidhartha Babu
4) Rahul Jakhar
5) Rastko Jokic
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Manish Narwal
India bagged 7 medals (2 Gold, 1 Silver & 4 Bronze) & finished at 3rd Position in the 2021 World Shooting Para Sport World Cup held at Al Ain, UAE in March, 2021.
India’s Singhraj won the Gold Medal in the P1 Men’s 10m Air Pistol SH1.
India’s Manish Narwal clinched Gold Medal in the P4 mixed 50m Pistol SH1. He set a new World Record (WR) by finishing with 229.1 points, breaking the previous WR of Serbia’s Rastko Jokic (228.6).
- Who authored the book, “Indians: A Brief History of a Civilization”?
1) Ravinder Singh
2) Namit Arora
3) Ashwin Sanghi
4) Amish Tripathi
5) Jeet Thayil
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Namit Arora
Namit Arora has authored a book “Indians: A Brief History of a Civilization”. The book features 5 chapters on travelers like Megasthenes, Faxian, Xuanzan and Yijing, Alberuni a, Marco Polo, and Francois Bernier.
· Namit Arora previously authored – The Lottery of Birth, a collection of essays, Love and Loathing in Silicon Valley(Novel).
- Where is the “Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy Airport” located, that recently (in Mar’21) got inaugurated by Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri?
1) Andhra Pradesh
2) Tamil Nadu
4) Madhya Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Andhra Pradesh
In March, 2019 Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State for Civil Aviation inaugurated the Kurnool Airport, Oravackal in Andhra Pradesh over a virtual ceremony. The Airport was named as “Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy airport”. This is the 6th Airport of Andhra Pradesh.
· Under Regional Connectivity Scheme – Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik (RCS-UDAN) the flight operations will commence from 28th March 2021.