AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 27 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Over which river is the World’s Highest Rail Bridge built, that is expected to be completed by 2021?
The works on ‘Chenab Bridge’ which is set to be the World’s Highest Rail Bridge are expected to be completed by the end of 2021. The bridge is 1.315 Kms long with 17 spans and is being constructed at a height of 359 metres over the River Chenab which is 35 metres higher than the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France. To connect Kashmir with Rest of India, Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla Rail Link (USBRL) Project, a 272 Kms long railway link is being built at a cost of INR 28, 000 Crore under the Northern Railway Zone planned to be completed by 2022.
- Which Ministry launched the “City Innovation Exchange (CiX) platform”, to engage innovators across India to provide innovative solutions for the pressing challenges faced in cities?
1) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
2) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
3) Ministry of Science and Technology
4) Ministry of Education
5) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
Answer-2) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
On February 25, 2021 Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) launched the City Innovation Exchange (CiX) platform at an online event. The platform through an ‘open innovation’ process engages with innovators across the national ecosystem to design innovative solutions for the pressing challenges of the cities.
Minister of State MoHUA (Independent Charge) – Hardeep Singh Puri (Constituency – UP)
- Which type of cargo is allowed for transportation through National Waterways-1 & 2, as per the MoU signed (in Feb’21) between Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) and MOL (Asia Oceania) Pte. Ltd?
1) Medical apparatus
2) Bio Fertilizers
3) Electrical machinery & equipment
4) Aluminum & Automobile
5) Liquefied Natural Gas
Answer-5) Liquefied Natural Gas
On February 25, 2021 The Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with MOL (Asia Oceania) Pte. Ltd to transport Liquefied Natural Gas(LPG) through barges on National Waterways-1 and National Waterways-2. LPG is a clean cargo with no leaks and spillage because the products are handled by pipelines in a fully closed loop.
- How many sites were selected in the Phase-IV of ‘Swachh Iconic Places (SIP)’ for transforming into ‘Swachh Tourist Destinations’?
Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti has selected 12 iconic sites which will be transformed into ‘Swachh Tourist Destinations’ under Phase-IV of ‘Swachh Iconic Places (SIP)’ initiative of Swachh Bharat Mission Gramin (SBM-G). Already 30 Sites across India have been selected under the Phase I, II & III of the ‘SIP’ initiative.
Union Minister of Jal Shakti– Gajendra Singh Shekhawat (Constituency – Jodhpur, Rajasthan)
- Where was the NAVDEX 21 (Naval Defence Exhibition) & IDEX 21 (International Defence Exhibition) held, that saw the participation of Indian Navy’s INS ‘Pralaya’?
1) Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, Sri Lanka
2) Abu Dhabi, UAE
3) Jakarta, Indonesia
4) Cannes, France
5) Brussels, Belgium
Answer-2) Abu Dhabi, UAE
Indian Navy Ship (INS) ‘Pralaya’ participated in NAVDEX 21 (Naval Defence Exhibition) & IDEX 21 (International Defence Exhibition) held at Abu Dhabi, UAE from February 2021. IDEX 21 is the only International Defence Exhibition and conference in the MENA (Middle East & North Africa) region. The Inaugural edition of Bilateral Naval Exercise ‘GULF STAR – 1’ between Indian Navy & UAE Navy took place in March, 2018. The next edition of the exercise will be conducted in 2021.
- In which country Omega Seiki Pvt Ltd is planning (as of Feb’21) to set up an Electric Vehicle(EV) manufacturing unit, making it the 1st Indian EV company to invest in International market?
1) Sri Lanka
Omega Seiki Pvt Ltd has announced that it will set up an Electric Vehicle(EV) manufacturing facility, known as OSM-Bangladesh near Dhaka in Bangladesh with investment of Rs 100 crore. This will be the 1st project of any Indian EV company in international markets. Currently, Omega Seiki Mobility has 2 manufacturing plants in India, located at IMT Faridabad and IMT Manesar, Haryana.
- What is the Nomenclature given to IRDAI’s new Standard Personal Accident Insurance Product, that was launched in February 2021?
1) Jan Suraksha Laghu Bima
2) Fasal Bima Yojana
3) Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
4) Saral Suraksha Bima
5) Sampoorna Suraksha Bima
Answer-4) Saral Suraksha Bima
On February 25, 2021 The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) issued guidelines on Standard Personal Accident Insurance Product under the provisions of Insurance Act, 1938. IRDAI has directed all the general and Health Insurers to offer this product from April 1, 2021. The nomenclature of the product will be ‘Saral Suraksha Bima’, succeeded by name of insurance company. Under the product, the minimum sum insured will be Rs.2.5 lakhs and maximum sum insured will be Rs.1 Crore.
- Which state/ UT became the 1st in India to launch “Carbon Watch”, to monitor Carbon footprint?
4) New Delhi
Chandigarh, the joint capital of Punjab and Haryana became the first state/UT to launch “Carbon Watch”, a mobile application to assess the carbon footprint of individual users. The application was developed by the Department of Environment and Forest, Union Territory (UT) of Chandigarh. The application collects data form its users to evaluate the carbon foot print of the individual.
- What is the maximum permissible limit for contactless payments?
1) Rs. 2000
2) Rs. 10,000
3) Rs. 50,000
4) Rs. 15000
5) Rs. 5000
Answer-5) Rs. 5000
The Reserve Bank of India has hiked the limit for contactless payments from ₹2,000 to ₹5,000 effective from January 1, 2021.
- Which state govt. (in Feb’21) signed an MoU with SIDBI to set up a project management unit (PMU) for developing its MSME ecosystem?
4) Tamil Nadu
5) Andhra Pradesh
Answer-5) Andhra Pradesh
On 25th February 2021, the Small Industries Development Bank of India(SIDBI), signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Andhra Pradesh(AP) to develop the micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) ecosystem in AP. SIDBI will set up a project management unit (PMU) which will design schemes and programme in the areas like equity support, interest subvention resolution of stressed MSME and supporting MSME entrepreneurs.