AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 27 August 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Find the organization which organized the virtual Indo-Japan business forum (August 2020).
1) Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
2) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
3) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
4) Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
5) None of the AboveAnswer-1) Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
Karnataka Chief Minister B. S. Yediyurappa addressed a virtual Indo-Japan business forum organised by the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC). The Chief Minister also signed a Japan-India Start-up Initiative to promote start-ups in the State.The Government of Karnataka has set up a 519 acres Japanese Industrial Township at Vasanthanarasapura near Tumakuru to enable more Japanese investments in the state. Odisha’s Industries Minister D S Mishra participated in the event.He announced that the state had attracted investors from Japan, the state government offered 3.53 square kilometer industry ready land near Bhubaneswar.
- Which continent was declared wild polio free by World Health organization in August 2020?
2) South America
5) EuropeAnswer-4) Africa
The African Continent was declared free of wild polio by the independent body, the Africa Regional Certification Commission(ARCC), which is responsible for certifying the eradication of wild poliovirus in the World Health Organization (WHO) African Region.The Poliovirus is now found only in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- What is the projected growth rate of India for 2020-21 as per Reserve Bank of India’s annual report 2019-20?
5) -0.7%Answer-2) -4.5%
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released its Annual Report for 2019-20. It is Report of the Central Board of Directors on the working of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for the year ended June 30, 2020 submitted to the Central Government in terms of Section 53(2) of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 In the report, RBI projected that India’s growth at minus (-) 4.5% for 2020-21. It will be (-) 3.7% in the single hit scenario and (-) 7.3% in the double hit scenario in FY2020-21. On the global front, the growth is projected at (-) 6.0% in the single hit scenario and (-) 7.6% in the double hit scenario in FY20-21.
- Which bank has launched one stop business solution named,‘Omni collect’ in India?
1) DBS Bank
2) Barclays Bank
3) HSBC India
4) Deutsche Bank
5) Citi BankAnswer-3) HSBC India
HSBC India has launched Omni Collect, a one-stop solution in India. It supports businesses to offer multiple payment options on a single platform. It is designed for businesses to easily collect payments through various digital methods, thereby allowing them to easily adapt to the changes in consumer spending.Advanced Travel Partners International (ATPI) is the 1st client of HSBC India to go live with this solution and has started to receive payments through the online payment gateway.
- Find the bank which has introduced ‘Liberty Savings Account’ for the Indian youth.
1) HDFC Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) IDBI Bank
4) Yes Bank
5) Axis BankAnswer-5) Axis Bank
Axis Bank, India’s third-largest private sector bank, has introduced ‘Liberty Savings Account’ for the Indian Youth, to address the ever changing lifestyle needs of young and digitally interested Indians. It offers a complimentary hospital cash insurance cover of uptoRs 20,000 per year, which covers hospital expenses incurred under COVID -19, which makes this a 1st of its kind savings account to cover the pandemic.
- How many percentage was the increase in number of bank fraud cases (1 lakh or above) in FY20?
5) 25%Answer-3) 28%
As per the RBI annual report FY19-20, bank frauds of Rs1,00,000 and above have more than doubled in value to Rs 1.85 trillion in FY20, with the number of such cases increasing 28% in the same period.
- Which organization has decided to dissolve the Banking Codes and Standards Board of India (BCSBI)?
1) Forward Market Commission of India
2) Reserve Bank of India
3) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
4) Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority
5) Securities and Exchange Board of IndiaAnswer-2) Reserve Bank of India
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to dissolve the Banking Codes and Standards Board of India (BCSBI) which was set up in February 2006 as an independent and autonomous body for formulating codes of conduct to be adopted by banks voluntarily for ensuring fair treatment of customers. BCSBI, in collaboration with the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA), has evolved two codes – Code of Bank’s Commitment to Customers and the Code of Bank’s Commitment to Micro and Small Enterprises. The nodal department for BCSBI is CEPD (Consumer Education and Protection Department).
- Greenko Energies signed MoU with which public sector company to explore renewable energy power supply solution and energy storage?
1) Damodar Valley Corporation
2) BokaroKodarmaMaithon Transmission Company
3) Akaltara Power
4) Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals
5) NTPC VidyutVyapar NigamAnswer-5) NTPC VidyutVyapar Nigam
Greenko Energies Private Limited, Hyderabad based energy solution provider entered into a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with NTPC VidyutVyapar Nigam(NVVN), a wholly-owned subsidiary of NTPC limited to explore renewable energy power supply solution and energy storage.
- The UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited (UTIITSL) has signed MoU with which agency to provide print services of e-Cards for AB-PMJAY beneficiaries?
1) Central Drugs Laboratory
2) Rural Health Training Centre
3) National Centre for Disease Control
4) National Health Authority
5) Central Health Education BureauAnswer-4) National Health Authority
UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited (UTIITSL) has signed Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with the National Health Authority (NHA) to provide printing services(through its branches and PSAs), support the beneficiary identification(i.e., fill up online validation process) and verification process in issuing e-cards to beneficiaries under the Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan ArogyaYojana (AB-PMJAY).
- The Power Grid Corporation (POWERGRID) signed MoU with TATA Memorial Centre (TMC) – Advanced Centre for Treatment Research & Education in Cancer (ACTREC) for the construction of “POWERGRID OT Complex” at which city?
3) Navi Mumbai
5) IndoreAnswer-3) Navi Mumbai
The Power Grid Corporation (POWERGRID), an enterprise under the government of India signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with TATA Memorial Centre (TMC) – Advanced Centre for Treatment Research & Education in Cancer (ACTREC), under the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) for the construction of “POWERGRID OT Complex” a modular operation theatre complex in Navi Mumbai.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has signed agreement with which institute to set up the first of its kind innovation cum incubation center for the promotion of space research?
1) Aryabhatta Knowledge Institute of Science and Technology
2) Birla Institute of Technology
3) Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology
4) Sri Venkateshwara University
5) None of the AboveAnswer-3) Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology (VSSUT), Burla, Odisha, a technical institute, to set up the first of its kind innovation cum incubation centre, VSSUT Space Innovation Centre(VSSSIC) in India to promote space research.
- Which state government has signed MoU with M3M Foundation to enable students to get into government jobs?
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) GoaAnswer-3) Haryana
Haryana employment department signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with M3M Foundation, the philanthropic arm of M3M Group to facilitate students’ online preparation, training and mentoring for entrance examinations of government jobs. The MoU was signed by Seema Kaushik, Director, Department of Employment, Government of Haryana and Dr. PayalKanodia, Trustee, M3M Foundation at Haryana Niwas in Chandigarh in the presence of DushyantChautala, Haryana deputy chief minister. The MoU is in line with the vision of the Haryana government to link 1 lakh candidates to government jobs within and outside the state in the next 2 years. The MoU is valid for 18 months.
- Which public sector company has won Swacchta Hi Seva (Cleanliness is Service) 2019 award?
1) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
2) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
3) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
4) NLC India Limited
5) Coal India LimitedAnswer-4) NLC India Limited
NLC India Limited (NLCIL) bagged the Swacchta Hi Seva (Cleanliness is Service) 2019 award for transforming the Neyveli Township into a plastic-free, clean and green campus.
- Which edition of India-Vietnam joint commission meeting was held recently?
5) 17thAnswer-5) 17th
The 17th meeting of the India-Vietnam Joint Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific and Technological Cooperation was held virtually which was co-chaired by India’s External Affairs Minister SubrahmanyamJaishankar and his Vietnamese counterpart Pham Binh Minh. The focus of the meet was to review the recent developments in India-Vietnam Comprehensive Strategic Partnership and to put forth measures and orientations for cooperation in the new period, towards the 50th anniversary of the bilateral diplomatic ties (January 26, 1972-2022).India-Vietnam signed the following Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs): Cooperation between SushmaSwaraj Institute of Foreign Service (SSIFS), New Delhi and Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam (DAV), Hanoi. MoU between National Maritime Foundation, New Delhi and Scientific Research Institute of Sea and Islands, Hanoi.
- Name the state which ranked top in overall ranking in Export Preparedness Index (EPI) 2020 released by NITI Aayog in partnership with Institute of competitiveness.
1) Tamil Nadu
5) RajasthanAnswer-4) Gujarat
NITI Aayog in partnership with Institute of Competitiveness released the Export Preparedness Index (EPI) 2020, this is the first report to examine export preparedness and performance of the states of India. Gujarat was identified as the top performing state in the category of Coastal state and also topped the Overall rankings.Top 5 in Overall rankings:
Rank State Export Preparedness State Category 1 Gujarat 75.19 Coastal 2 Maharashtra 75.14 Coastal 3 Tamil Nadu 64.93 Coastal 4 Rajasthan 62.59 Landlocked 5 Odisha 58.23 Coastal
- The women from which state has ranked topped in the list of loan beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) as on March 31, 2020?
2) Tamil Nadu
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-2) Tamil Nadu
In accordance with the data provided by the Ministry of Finance to the Rajya Sabha, as of March 31, 2020, women in Tamil Nadu topped the list of loan benefits under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) by availing Rs 58,227 crore loan. They are followed by women in West Bengal (Rs 55,232 crore), Karnataka (Rs 47,714 crore), Bihar (Rs 44,879 crore) and Maharashtra (Rs 42,000 crore).
- Find the company which has developed ‘Vendor Performance Evaluation System’ to establish a transparent and comprehensive performance rating system.
1) Gas Authority of India Limited
2) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
3) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
4) National Highways Authority of India
5) Chennai Petroleum Corporation LimitedAnswer-4) National Highways Authority of India
The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has developed the ‘Vendor Performance Evaluation System’ to establish a transparent and comprehensive performance rating system for its consultants, contractors and concessionaires. The portal-based objective assessment of vendors was initiated to track the vendor performance for various NHAI projects.
- PoulomiGhatak who announced retirement recently is associated with which sport?
4) Table Tennis
5) HockeyAnswer-4) Table Tennis
One of the most successful Indian Table Tennis players PoulomiGhatak announced her retirement from the sport at the age of 37. The Kolkata born PoulomiGhatak is a seven-time National Champion. She Won the Junior National Championship thrice and the Senior National Championship seven times, held in between 1998 and 2016.
- Who has become 1st fast bowler to take 600 wickets in international test cricket?
1) Stuart Broad
2) James Anderson
3) Glenn McGrath
4) Dale Steyn
5) Ishant SharmaAnswer-2) James Anderson
England pacer James Anderson,38-year-old,has become the first fast bowler in history to take 600 Test wickets in the third Test against Pakistan at the Ageas Bowl in Southampton,England, who is only the fourth bowler in the test cricket to join the 600-Plus Club with the three legendary spinners Sri Lankan MuttiahMuralitharan(800), Australian Shane Warne(708) and Indian Anil Kumble(619).
- Sophia Popov who is in news recently is associated with which sport?
5) GolfAnswer-5) Golf
World number 304 Sophia Popov became the first female golfer from Germany to capture a major title after winning the Women’s British Open by two strokes at Royal Troon in Scotland.
- ‘Cricket Drona’, a book on renowned coach VasudevJagannathParanjpe was written by whom?
2) Anand Vasu
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
‘Cricket Drona’ a book on one of India’s most renowned cricket coaches, VasudevJagannathParanjpe will be released on September 2, 2020. The Book is written by VasudevParanjpe’s son and current national selector JatinParanjpe along with Cricket Journalist Anand Vasu and published by Penguin.
- The world water week 2020 (World Water Week at Home) was observed between August 24-28 with the theme ___________.
1) ‘Water and Climate change: Accelerating Action’
2) ‘Water and waste: reduce and reuse’
3) ‘Water, Ecosystems and Human Development’
4) ‘Water for society – including all’
5) ‘Water and Jobs’Answer-1) ‘Water and Climate change: Accelerating Action’
The World Water Week of the year 2020 is observed as the World Water Week at Home (WWWeek at Home) from 24rd August 2020 to 28th August 2020.The World Water Week, organized by Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) has been annually celebrated as the most influential, innovative and dynamic movement for transforming the global water issues. The World Water Week has been celebrated and organized since 1991. The World Water Week of the year 2019 was observed from 25th August 2019 to 30th August 2019. The theme of WWWeek at Home 2020 is ‘Water and Climate change: Accelerating Action’.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Sileru river originates in which state?
1) Himachal Pradesh
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) GujaratAnswer-3) Andhra Pradesh
A rare fish called Mahseer (scientific name Tor) was sighted and fished out from the upper part of Sileru river, by a team of researchers from the Department of Zoology, Andhra University, on Monday. This fish is listed under the endangered category by IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature). Mahseer, as commonly called, is normally found in the Himalayan region in the rivers running through the cooler climes of Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Nepal and Bhutan. But it is rare to find it in this part of the country, as per the Professor D.E. Babu, whose team spotted the fish.Sileru River is a tributary of Sabari River. It originates in Andhra Pradesh and also flows through Odisha before merging with Sabari.
- Bhashan Char is the island located in which country?
5) MauritiusAnswer-1) Bangladesh
The Bangladesh government is planning to begin the relocation of Rohingyas to the newly built facility at Bhashan Char island after the monsoon season. The move is aimed at giving the refugee community from Myanmar a better place for living.Bhasan Char, also known as Char Piya, is an island in SandwipUpazila, Bangladesh.
- Kaiga Atomic Power Station is located in which state?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
5) ChhattisgarhAnswer-3) Karnataka
The Kaiga Atomic Power Station is located in the Uttara Kannada district of Karnataka. It is operated by state-run Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL).
- Kalesar National Park is located in which state?
5) BiharAnswer-1) Haryana
Kalesar National Park and adjacent Kalesar Wildlife Sanctuary are protected areas in Yamunanagar district of Haryana state in India, 122 kilometres from Chandigarh.
- What is the capital of Vietnam?
4) Phnom Penh
5) BangkokAnswer-3) Hanoi
The capital and currency of Vietnam are Hanoi and Vietnamese Dong respectively.