AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 27 April 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
Our Current Affairs March 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- In April 2022, _______ became India’s 1st Carbon-Neutral Panchayat with the inauguration of a 500 KW Solar Power Plant.
1) Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
2) Mandawa, Rajasthan
3) Amreli, Gujarat
4) Palli, Jammu & Kashmir
5) Bejjur, Andhra PradeshAnswer- 4) Palli, Jammu & Kashmir
Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi inaugurated the 500 KW solar power plant at Palli Village in Samba District, Jammu and Kashmir (J&K), during his visit to Palli Gram Panchayat on the occasion of 13th National Panchayati Raj Day (24th April 2022). With this inauguration, Palli becomes India’s first carbon-neutral Panchayat.
i. The project was completed at a cost of Rs 2.75 crore and it was installed in a record time of around 2-3 weeks and the electricity generated by the plant will be distributed to the village which has a daily demand of 2,000 units.
ii. PM Modi has laid the foundation stones for the 850 MW Ratle Hydroelectric Project and 540 MW Kwar Hydroelectric project which will be constructed on the Chenab river in Kishtwar District.
- According to the Trends in World Military Expenditure, 2021 report released by SIPRI in April 2022, India’s Military spending is _____ Highest in the World while _____ tops.
1) 4th; US
2) 3rd; China
3) 5th; Russia
4) 3rd; US
5) 4th; ChinaAnswer- 4) 3rd; US
In accordance with the Sweden based think-tank Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) report, titled ‘Trends in World Military Expenditure, 2021‘, India’s military spending of $76.6 billion is 3rd highest in the world. While the United States (US) tops the list followed by China (2nd) .
i. The report’s data is based upon the updated SIPRI Military Expenditure Database, which provides military spending data by country for the years 1949–2021.
ii. The five largest spenders in 2021 were the US, China, India, the UK (United Kingdom) and Russia, together accounting for 62% of expenditure.
- Who recently (in April’22) became the Prime Minister (PM) of Slovenia?
1) Janez Jansa
2) Marjan Sarec
3) Miro Cerar
4) Alenka Bratusek
5) Robert GolobAnswer-5) Robert Golob
The Liberal Freedom Movement Party’s Robert Golob defeated three-time Prime Minister (PM) Janez Janša belonging to Slovenian Democratic Party (SDS) in the Slovenian Parliamentary Elections held on April 24, 2022.
i. The Freedom Movement Party which won 40 seats out of 90 seats in the Slovenian Parliament will form a coalition with the Social Democratic Party with 7 seats and the Left Party to form Government, creating a broad coalition of left-leaning parties.
- Tesla co-founder & World’s richest person, Elon Musk recently (in April’22) acquired Twitter Inc. for _____________.
1) $11 billion
2) $55 billion
3) $44 billion
4) $22 billion
5) $33 billionAnswer-3) $44 billion
Tesla co-founder and World’s richest person (as of April 26, 2022) Elon Musk has acquired social networking service Twitter Inc. for approximately $44 billion with shares valued at $54.20. Now the company will be held privately.
i. It was created by Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone, and Evan Williams in March 2006, and was launched in July 2006.
ii. The Current Twitter CEO is Parag Agrawal.
- On 19th April 2022, the Indian Navy tested Brahmos supersonic cruise missile from ____________.
1) INS Surat
2) INS Delhi
3) INS Kolkata
4) INS Kochi
5) INS MumbaiAnswer-2) INS Delhi
On April 19, 2022, Indian Navy successfully test-fired a BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from the guided-missile destroyer Indian Navy Ship (INS) Delhi.
i. On the same day, the Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully tested a BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from a frontline fighter jet Sukhoi Su30 MkI on the eastern seaboard on the same day.
ii. On March 5, 2022, the Indian Navy successfully test-fired an advanced version of the Brahmos supersonic cruise missile in the Indian Ocean from the stealth destroyer INS Chennai.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the 35th Edition of Asian Wrestling Championships 2022 held in April 2022?
A) India secured a total of 17 medals at the Asian Wrestling Championships 2022 held at Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
B) In Asian Wrestling Championships 2022, Ravi Kumar Dahiya is the only gold medalist representing India in the men’s 57kg freestyle category and became the 1 st Indian to win 3 consecutive Asian Wrestling Championship titles.
C) India ranks 3rd in the 2022 Asian Wrestling Championships Medals list while Iran tops the list with 21 medals overall.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only A & B
4) Only B & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-3) Only A & B
India secured a total of 17 medals at the Asian Wrestling Championships 2022 (1-Gold, 5-Silver, 11-Bronze medals).
i. Ravi Kumar Dahiya is the only gold medalist representing India in the men’s 57kg freestyle category and became the first Indian to win three consecutive Asian Wrestling Championship titles.
ii. India ranks 5th in the 2022 Asian Wrestling Championships Medals list while Japan tops the list with 21 medals overall. (depending on the Gold medal).
- James Dringwell Rymbai recently (in April 22) passed away. He is the former Chief Minister of which state?
5) TripuraAnswer-1) Meghalaya
The former Chief Minister (CM) of Meghalaya, James Dringwell Rymbai, died at the age of 88 on April 21, 2022.
i. In 1993, 1998, and 2003, he won three consecutive terms as MLA from the Jirag assembly constituency in Meghalaya’s Ri-Bhoi district and in 1993, he was elected to the Meghalaya Assembly as the speaker.
ii. In 2006, James Dringwell Rymbai was elected Chief Minister of Meghalaya and served until March 2007.
- Who authored the book, “Chinese Spies: From Chairman Mao to Xi Jinping”?
1) Zorawar Daulet Singh
2) Iqbal Chand Malhotra
3) Bertil Lintner
4) Roger Faligot
5) Probal DasguptaAnswer-4) Roger Faligot
HarperCollins India has published a new book titled “Chinese Spies: From Chairman Mao to Xi Jinping” authored by French journalist Roger Faligot and translated by writer, editor and translator, Natasha Lehrer.
i. The foreword of the book is written by Vikram Sood, the former head of the Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW), India’s foreign intelligence agency.
ii. The book ‘Chinese Spies’ was originally published in French in 2008 and later translated into English from the updated 4th edition by Natasha Lehrer.
- The United Nations(UN)’s International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day 2022 was observed across the globe on 26th April 2022 to commemorate the ____ anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant disaster.
5) 44thAnswer- 1) 36th
The United Nations(UN)’s International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day is annually observed across the globe on 26th April to commemorate the anniversary of the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear power plant disaster, one of the most serious nuclear accidents in history.
i. 26th April 2022 marks the 36th anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear reactor disaster that took place on 26th April 1986.
ii. The 1st-ever International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day was observed on 26th April 2017.
- What is the theme of World Intellectual Property Day 2022 that was observed across the globe on 26th April, 2022?
1) Taking your ideas to the market
2) Reach for Gold: IP and Sports
3) Powering change: Women in innovation and creativity
4) Innovate for a Green Future
5) IP and Youth: Innovating for a Better FutureAnswer-5) IP and Youth: Innovating for a Better Future
World Intellectual Property Day (World IP Day) 2022 was observed across the world on 26th April 2022 with the theme of World Intellectual Property Day 2022 is “IP and Youth: Innovating for a Better Future” to inform the general public about the role of Intellectual Property(IP) rights in encouraging innovation and creativity and to increase the general understanding of IP.
i. The first-ever World IP Day was observed on 26th April 2001 and 26th April was chosen to mark the day on which the WIPO Convention came into existence in 1970.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification