AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 27 & 28 November 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which Entity released a compendium titled “Mitigation & Management of Covid-19- Practices from India’s States & Union Territories”?
1) Competition Commission of India (CCI)
2) Confederation of Indian Industries (CII)
3) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
4) National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog
5) None of the above
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog
The National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog released a compendium titled “Mitigation & Management of Covid-19- Practices from India’s States & Union Territories”. It was released by NITI Aayog Member Dr Vinod K Paul, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Amitabh Kant and Additional Secretary Dr Rakesh Sarwal. The report contains information about various initiatives implemented by states, districts, and cities in India for containing and managing the Covid-19 outbreak. The focus of the report is to learn from each other practices for tackling the pandemic.
- Where the Song Dam drinking water project is to be set up (Fund allocation of Rs. 1100 crore)?
1) Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
2) Dehradun, Uttarakhand
3) Kevadia, Gujarat
4) Vadodara, Gujarat
5) Amarkantak, Madhya Prdaesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Dehradun, Uttarakhand
The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has announced a Fund allocation of Rs. 1100 crore towards the construction of Song Dam drinking water project in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. This project is aimed at providing 24 hours drinking water to the city of Dehradun and will help the revival of River Rispana a tributary of River Son. The dam is about 148 m high and has the capability to generate power up to 6 MW.
- Which Ministry is set to launch ‘Deep Ocean Mission’ in the next 3-4 months that envisages underwater exploration of minerals, energy and marine diversity?
1) Ministry of Jal Shakti
2) Ministry of Earth Sciences
3) Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways
4) Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change
5) Ministry of Energy & Coal Mining
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Ministry of Earth Sciences
The Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) is all set to launch an ambitious ‘Deep Ocean Mission’ in the next 3-4 months that envisages underwater exploration of minerals, energy and marine diversity and also enhance India’s presence in the Indian Ocean. Its expected outlay is over Rs 4,000 crore. The information regarding the mission was provided by MoES secretary, Dr. Madhavan Nair Rajeevan.
- Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare virtually inaugurated the ________ Farmer Producer Organizations (FPO) Programs of National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Limited (NAFED) under the “Formation & Promotion of 10,000 FPOs” Scheme in 5 states.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Honey
Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare virtually inaugurated the Honey Farmer Producer Organizations (FPO) Programs of National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Limited (NAFED) under the “Formation & Promotion of 10,000 FPOs” Scheme in 5 states. The areas covered under the Honey FPO programme are, Sundarbans in West Bengal, East Champaran in Bihar, Mathura in Uttar Pradesh, Morena in Madhya Pradesh and Bharatpur in Rajasthan.
- Which Public Sector Company becomes 1st company to market CBG (Compressed Bio Gas) from 10 retail outlets spread across Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and Gujarat, under the brand name Indi Green?
1) Bharat Petroleum
2) Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
3) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
4) Indian Oil Corporation
5) GAIL India Ltd (formerly known as Gas Authority of India Limited)
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Indian Oil Corporation
Indian Oil R&D Centre has developed robust technology on Bio-methanation and has signed MoU with the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India as a technology provider for the upcoming CBG (Compressed Bio Gas) Plants. Production of CBG would increase the green energy mix, reduce import dependence, create employment & reduce pollution. CBG will also help in realizing Hon’ble PM’s vision of boosting farmers’ income said Chairman of IOCL Shri Shrikant Madhav Vaidya during the signing of MOU with Petroleum Ministry for CBG projects. Indian Oil is the first company to market Compressed Bio-Gas from 10 retail outlets spread across Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and Gujarat, under the brand name Indi Green.
- Kia Motors India has announced that it is offering complete contactless, paperless aftersales and personalized vehicle service ownership. Where is the headquarters of Kia Motors India located?
1) Andhra Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
5) New Delhi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) New Delhi
Kia Motors India has announced that it is offering complete contactless, paperless aftersales and personalized vehicle service ownership. As part of this ‘Advanced Pick and Drop’ programme, the company will provide a no contact pick-up and drop service and live vehicle tracking in a paperless process. Kia Motors India is also launching ‘My Convenience’ service initiative, which it claims offers personalized vehicle maintenance to its customers.
Kia Motors India Private Limited (Headquartered in New Delhi) is a subsidiary of Kia Motors for its operations in India. The company was founded on 19 May 2017 following an announcement of the construction of a new 536-acre manufacturing facility in Anantapur District, Andhra Pradesh.
Kia Motors is a South Korean multinational automotive manufacturer headquartered in Seoul. It is South Korea’s second-largest automobile manufacturer following the Hyundai Motor Company, with sales of over 2.8 million vehicles in 2019.
- Which Country has has successfully test-fired Tsirkon hypersonic cruise missile for the 2nd time?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Russia
Russia has successfully test-fired Tsirkon hypersonic cruise missile (for the 2nd time). The test was carried out by frigate Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union Gorshkov from the White Sea against a target in the Barents Sea. It successfully hit a sea target at a distance of 450 km (Kilometres), at a speed of over Mach 8.
- How Many members does the United State Senate consist of?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) 100
The Constitution of United States prescribes that the Senate be composed of two senators from each State (therefore, the Senate currently has 100 Members) and that a senator must be at least thirty years of age, have been a citizen of the United States for nine years, and, when elected, be a resident of the State from which he or she is chosen. A senator’s term of office is six years and approximately one-third of the total membership of the Senate is elected every two years.
- The United Nations has adopted a resolution calling (November 2020) for the urgent solution of the Crisis?
1) Environment Crisis
2) Syria Conflict
5) Rohingya crisis
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Rohingya crisis
The United Nations has adopted a resolution calling for the urgent solution of the Rohingya crisis. The resolution tabled by the Organisation of Islamic Countries (OIC) and European Union (EU) was adopted by a majority of 132 countries voting in favour, 9 against and 31 abstentions. The resolution called for specific action on the part of Myanmar to address the root cause of the Rohingya crisis including granting them citizenship and ensuring safe and sustainable return to their homes by creating a conducive environment. The resolution appreciated the government of Bangladesh for the humanitarian act of providing shelter to the displaced Rohingyas. It called upon other countries to support Bangladesh in its humanitarian effort.
- Which Bank has launched SMS Pay functionality on PoS (Point of Sale) Terminals in partnership with Worldline?
1) Axis Bank
2) Yes Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) IDFC First Bank
5) ICICI Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Yes Bank
YES Bank in partnership with Worldline launched SMS Pay functionality on PoS(Point of Sale) Terminals. This allows merchants to accept contactless and remote payments from their customers and also enables customers to transact safely. SMS Pay provides an alternative channel of payment acceptance for the merchants at zero incremental cost.
- Razorpay partnered with which Financial Services Corporation to launch the 1st of its kind card, ‘RazorpayX Corporate Cards’ for Indian entrepreneurs?
3) American Express
5) None of the Above
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Visa
Razorpay in partnership with Visa launched the 1st of its kind card, ‘RazorpayX Corporate Cards’ for Indian entrepreneurs. The card provides business owners with access to secure payments and financing and improved cash flows. The bank-issued cards help to provide relief and stabilize the financial operations of the business owners of startups and SMEs (Small and Medium sized Eneterprises) who are severely affected by COVID-19 pandemic.
- State Bank of India (SBI) reported what per cent year-on-year (YoY) rise in net profit for the quarter ended September at Rs 4,574.16 crore?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) 51.9%
State Bank of India (SBI) reported a 51.9 per cent year-on-year (YoY) rise in net profit for the quarter ended September at Rs 4,574.16 crore. The bank had reported a net profit of Rs 3,011.73 crore in the same quarter a year ago. The bank’s net interest income (NII) for the quarter rose 14.56 per cent to Rs 28,181 crore, while net interest margins (NIMs) came in at 3.34 per cent, compared with 3.22 per cent a year ago. The bank’s gross NPAs came in at 5.28 per cent against 5.44 per cent in the preceding quarter and 7.19 per cent in the same quarter a year ago. Net NPAs for the quarter stood at 1.59 per cent against 1.86 per cent in the June quarter and 2.79 per cent a year ago.
- What is the minimum investment amount for a CD (Certificate of Deposit) to be issued?
1) 50 Thousands
2) 1 Lakh
3) 2 Lakh
4) 5 Lakh
5) 10 Lakh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) 1 Lakh
Certificate of Deposit or CD is a fixed-income financial instrument governed under the Reserve Bank and India (RBI) issued in a dematerialized form. The amount at payout is assured from the beginning. A CD can be issued by any All-India Financial Institution or Scheduled Commercial Bank. Like a fixed deposit (FD), a CD’s purpose is to denote in writing that you have deposited money in a bank for a fixed period and that bank will pay you interest on it based on the amount and duration of your deposit. CDs are freely negotiable while FDs are not.
CDs can be issued in India for a minimum deposit of INR 1 lakh and in subsequent multiples of it.
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has been included in which Schedule to the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Second
India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has been included in the Second Schedule to the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934, and thus made a scheduled bank. Scheduled banks are those the meet certain conditions set by the RBI and enjoy certain privileges over non-scheduled banks, such as the ability to borrow money from the RBI for banking, and to become a member of a clearing house. Section 42 of The Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 says that for a bank to be included in the Second Schedule, it must have a paid-up capital and reserve of an aggregate value of not less than Rs 5 lakh; and satisfy the RBI that its affairs are not being conducted in a manner detrimental to the interests of its depositors.
- SEBI enhanced the penalty of Rs 1 crore against 3 rating agencies ICRA, CARE and India Ratings & Research for their lapses in giving credit rating to non- convertible debentures to which company?
1) Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS) Limited
2) HDB Financial Services Limited
3) India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL)
4) Both 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 1) Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS) Limited
Markets regulator Sebi enhanced the penalty amount to Rs 1 crore each on three rating agencies, ICRA, CARE and India Ratings, in connection with lapses on their parts while assigning credit rating to the non-convertible debentures of Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS) Limited.
The case relates to the default by IL&FS and its subsidiary IL&FS Financial Services on their obligations in respect of commercial paper (CP), inter-corporate deposits (ICDs) as well as on interest payments related to non-convertible debentures (NCDs). The lapses on the side of ICRA, CARE and India Ratings while rating the securities of IL&FS and its subsidiary IL& FS Financial Services (IFIN) have resulted in real and severe financial loss to investors.
- Which Country signed a MoU with India for cooperation and strengthening of technological, scientific and management capabilities in the field of Environment protection and biodiversity conservation on November 26, 2020?
3) New Zealand
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Finland
On November 26, 2020, India and Finland signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for cooperation and strengthening of technological, scientific and management capabilities in the field of Environment protection and biodiversity conservation. It was virtually signed by Union Minister Prakash Keshav Javadekar, Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) and Krista Mikkonen, Minister of the Environment and Climate Change, Government of Finland.
- Which Country has committed a partnership with India for lowering carbon and pollution levels in future during a digital conference of the India-led International Solar Alliance (ISA) held on November 27, 2020?
1) United States
2) United Kingdom
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Israel
A digital conference of the India-led International Solar Alliance (ISA) was held on November 27, 2020 where Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has committed his partnership with India for lowering carbon and pollution levels in future. He expressed his confidence that in Israel solar energy would constitute over 25% by 2030.
- India has signed a MoU with which group of countries in the field of physical culture and sports (November 2020)?
1) G 20
2) G 77
5) European Nations
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) BRICS
The Central Government has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) countries on cooperation in the field of physical culture and sports. It was appraised by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) for strengthening of bilateral relations with BRICS member countries.
This MoU will expand the Cooperation between five countries in expanding knowledge and expertise in the area of sports science, sports medicine, coaching techniques etc. This cooperation will further improve the performance of sportspersons in international tournaments.
- Which country has signed a MoU with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) for the Accounting, Financial and Audit Knowledge Base improvment?
2) New Zealand
5) United States
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 4) Netherlands
The Union Cabinet also approved the signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and the Vereniging van Register controllers (VRC), the Netherlands for strengthening and development of the Accounting, Financial and Audit Knowledge Base between the Netherlands and India.
This MoU will help in generating greater employment opportunities for Indian Chartered Accountants (CAs).
- Which State Government has signed a Letter of Understanding (LoU) with the United Nations (UN)’s World Food Programme (WFP) to achieve food and nutritional security goals?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Rajasthan
The United Nations (UN)’s World Food Programme (WFP) signed a Letter of Understanding (LoU) with the Government of Rajasthan for the proposed participation to achieve food and nutritional security goals. The WFP signed the LoU with the Department of Women and Child Development, School Education, Rural Development and Tribal Regional Development departments to achieve the targets of food and nutritional security by taking required support from these departments.
- Which Firm signed a MoU with the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG) for setting up 500 compressed biogas (CBG) projects across India?
1) TATA Solar
2) JBM Renewables
3) Avaada Energy
4) Vikram Solar
5) JSW Energy
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) JBM Renewables
JBM Renewables, a firm of JBM Group has inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG) for setting up 500 compressed biogas (CBG) projects across India. JBM Renewables has been shortlisted and is among the four companies that have been identified by the government for the biogas programme. It will work jointly with MoPNG on the SATAT (Sustainable Alternative towards Affordable Transportation) programme.
- Which company has received an INR 405 crore work order from the National Capital Region Transport Corporation Limited (NCRTC) for Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor?
1) Larsen & Tubro (L&T)
2) Afcons Infrastructures Ltd
3) Ircon International Ltd
4) Gammon India Ltd
5) Hindustan Construction Company
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Ircon International Ltd
State-owned engineering and construction firm Ircon International Ltd has received an INR 405 crore work order from the National Capital Region Transport Corporation Limited (NCRTC) for Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor. Ircon International has also received INR 318 crore for designing, supplying, installing, testing and commissioning of receiving sub-stations and associated works on viaduct and tunnel from Sarai Kale Khan to Duhai for Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor of NCRTC, Ircon International said in a BSE filing. The tenure for its execution is 50 months. Ircon International, under the administrative control of Railways Ministry, is a leading construction company having presence in several states of India, foreign Countries.
- The Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council signed a MoU with which Cricket Academy to develop budding cricketers for the national and international level at a professional level?
1) MS Dhoni Cricket Academy
2) Madan Lal Cricket Academy
3) Suresh Raina Cricket Academy
4) Sehwag Cricket Academy
5) Vengsarkar Cricket Academy
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 3) Suresh Raina Cricket Academy
The Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Suresh Raina Cricket Academy to develop budding cricketers of J&K for the national and international level with comprehensive training programme at a professional level. The MoU was signed in the presence of Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha and World Cup-winner Raina. The MoU shall run for a period of one year and is renewable.
- Roch Marc Christian Kaboré won the 2nd term as the President of which African Country?
2) Burkina Faso
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Burkina Faso
Roch Marc Christian Kaboré (63 years old) of People’s Movement for Progress (MPP) party, won the 2nd term as the President of Burkina Faso by winning the 2020 presidential elections. He won the election with around 58% of the vote which is 1.6 million votes of 3 million casts, with turnout at 50%. He will serve another 5 years as the President of Burkina Faso.
- Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the International Cricket Council (ICC)?
1) Shashank Manohar
2) Manu Sawhney
3) Imran Khwaja
4) Greg Barclay
5) Stephen Flemming
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Greg Barclay
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has named New Zealand’s Greg Barclay as its new independent chairman to succeed Shashank Manohar. He defeated Imran Khwaja in the second round of voting. Imran Khwaja was serving as the Interim chairman after Shashank Manohar stepped down from the post in July 2020. Greg Barclay is the second-ever head of ICC from New Zealand after Alan Isaac president from 2012-14.
- Who appoints the Solicitor General of India?
2) Prime Minister
3) Vice President
4) Council of Minister
5) Lok Sabha Speaker
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 1) President
The Appointments Committee of the Union Cabinet approved the re-appointment of senior advocate K.K. Venugopal (15th Attorney General of India) as Attorney General of India for a year, whose 3 year tenure ends on June 30, 2020 and senior advocate Tushar Mehta as Solicitor General for a period of three years. The Solicitor General of India is subordinate to the Attorney General for India. Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) recommends the appointment and President officially appoints the Solicitor General.
- Name the India’s official entry for the International Feature Film category at the 93rd Academy Awards or 2021 Oscars?
1) Gully Boy
5) Soorarai Pottru (Hail the Warrior)
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Jallikattu
A Malayalam film “Jallikattu” directed by Lijo Jose Pellissery, has been selected as India’s official entry for the International Feature Film category at the 93rd Academy Awards or 2021 Oscars. It was unanimously chosen from 27 entries across Hindi, Marathi and other languages by the 14-member jury headed by Rahul Rawail, Chairman, Jury Board, Film Federation of India (FFI).
- Who has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize 2021 for their contribution in establishing diplomatic relations between the two countries?
1) Benjamin Netanyahu
2) Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
3) Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud,
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 1 & 3
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 4) Both 1 & 2
Israeli Prime Minister (PM) Benjamin Netanyahu and Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan have been nominated for Nobel Peace Prize 2021 for their contribution in establishing diplomatic relations between the two countries. Signing of Peace Agreement between UAE, Israel and Bahrain was also reason behind their nomination.
- PM Narendra Modi chaired the 33rd PRAGATI Interaction. Expand the term PRAGATI.
1) Pro-Active Governance And Total Implementation
2) Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation
3) Pro-Active Governance And Total Interpretation
4) Pro-Accurate Governance And Timely Implementation
5) Pre Requisite Accurate Governance And Timely Implementation
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation
Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi chaired the 33rd PRAGATI (Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation) meeting which reviewed the multiple projects, grievances and programmes in the presence of concerned Secretaries of the Union Government and Chief Secretaries of the State Governments. The projects that reviewed were of the Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH), Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and Ministry of Power. These projects worth Rs 1.41 lakh crore, were related to 10 states and union territories (UTs).
- Which edition of the Meeting of the Joint Trade Committee between India and Myanmar (November 2020) was co chaired by Piyush Goyal, Indian Minister of Commerce and Industry virtually?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) 7th
Piyush Goyal, Indian Minister of Commerce and Industry along with Dr. Than Myint, Union Minister for Ministry of Commerce, Myanmar co-chaired the 7th Meeting of the Joint Trade Committee between India and Myanmar Virtually. Both the country examined multiple sector ranging from trade, investment, banking, connectivity, oil, gas, capacity building and upgradation of border infrastructure during the meeting.
- Who has become 2nd richest person with a total net worth of USD 140 Billion as per the Bloomberg Billionaires Index?
1) Mukesh Ambani
2) Jeff Bezos
3) Bill Gates
4) Elon Musk
5) Bernard Arnault
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Elon Musk
The Bloomberg Billionaires Index ranked Elon Musk, co-founder & CEO of Tesla as the world’s 2nd richest person with a total net worth of USD 140 Billion surpassing Bill Gates(USD 129 Billion), co-founder of Microsoft. Elon Musk is also the CEO of Space Exploration Technologies Corp. (SpaceX). Jeff Bezos is ranked in 1st position with a net worth of USD 187 Billion. Mukesh Ambani, chairman of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) ranked in 10th position with a net worth of USD 74.4 Billion. The Bloomberg Billionaires Index is a daily ranking of the world’s richest people.
- Bulgarian player Aleksandrina Naydenova for life and fined her $150,000 for match-fixing offenses. The player belongs to which sport?
2) Weight Lifting
3) Table Tennis
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Tennis
The Tennis Integrity Unit has banned Bulgarian player Aleksandrina Naydenova for life and fined her $150,000 for match-fixing offenses. The 28-year-old Naydenova, whose highest WTA singles ranking was 218, had been provisionally suspended Dec. 27 last year prior to a disciplinary hearing. The sanction means that Naydenova is permanently prohibited from playing in or attending any tennis event authorized or sanctioned by the governing bodies of tennis.
- Central government has approved the draft scheme of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for amalgamation of which Bank with DBS Bank India Ltd. (DBIL)?
1) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
2) Karur Vysa Bank
3) Yes Bank
4) Punjab & Maharashtra Co-operative (PMC) Bank
5) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
The Central government has approved the draft scheme of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for amalgamation of the capital starved Lakshmi Vilas Bank Ltd. (LVB) with DBS Bank India Ltd. (DBIL). This decision has been taken on RBI’s application under section 45 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 to protect the interest of 20 lakh depositors and protect the services of 4,000 employees by maintaining financial and banking stability.
RBI also appointed Thothala Narayanaswamy (T.N.) Manoharan, a former Non Executive Chairman of Canara Bank, as Administrator of LVB.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the 2,480.92 crore foreign direct investment (FDI) in ATC Telecom Infrastructure Pvt Ltd. (ATC India) by ______________.
1) ATC Singapore
2) ATC UAE
3) ATC Australia
4) ATC New Zealand
5) ATC Malaysia
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 1) ATC Singapore
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the 2,480.92 crore foreign direct investment (FDI) in ATC Telecom Infrastructure Pvt Ltd. (ATC India) by M/s. ATC Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (ATC Singapore). This has been approved for acquisition of 12.32% of the equity share capital (on a fully diluted basis) of ATC Telecom Infrastructure Private Limited by ATC Asia Pacific PTE Limited. Now the cumulative FDI of ATC Asia Pacific PTE Limited (ATC Singapore) into ATC Telecom Infrastructure Private Limited (ATC India) will be Rs. 5417.2 crore in financial years 2018-19 to 2020-21.
- Name the Financial Services Company that will acquire 19.9% stake in Renaissance Investment Solutions ARC (Asset Reconstruction Company) Private Ltd for Rs 49,87,500?
1) Mahindra Finance Ltd
2) Sundaram Finance Ltd
3) Star Financial Services
4) HDB Financial Services Ltd
5) HDFC (Housing Development Finance Corporation) Ltd
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) HDFC (Housing Development Finance Corporation) Ltd
HDFC (Housing Development Finance Corporation) Ltd will acquire 19.9% stake in Renaissance Investment Solutions ARC (Asset Reconstruction Company) Private Ltd for Rs 49,87,500. In this regard, HDFC Ltd signed agreements with Renaissance Investment Solutions ARC for investments. Government or regulatory approvals are not required for this investment. Renaissance Investment has to get the approval from Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to commence the business of asset reconstruction.
- Which Small Finance Bank sold 35 lakh shares or 4.46% in mortgage financier Aavas Financiers Ltd for INR 530 crore in an open market transaction (November 2020)?
1) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
2) AU Small Finance Bank
3) Capital Small Finance Bank
4) Equitas Small Finance Bank
5) Utkarsh Small Finance Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) AU Small Finance Bank
Jaipur based AU Small Finance Bank Ltd sold 35 lakh shares or 4.46% in mortgage financier Aavas Financiers Ltd for INR 530 crore in an open market transaction. Nomura India Investment Fund Mother Fund, SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd bought 1.15% and 0.84% stake in Aavas Financiers Ltd for INR 136.35 crore and INR 99.99 crore respectively. Aavas Financiers, earlier known as AU Housing Finance was sold to private equity firms Kedaara Capital and Partners Group by its parent AU Small Finance Bank in 2016.
- Which hospital has acquired Columbia Asia Hospitals for Rs 2,100 crore in an all-cash deal?
1) Apollo Hospitals
2) Fortis Hospitals
3) Manipal Hospitals
4) Care Hospitals
5) Command Hospitals
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Manipal Hospitals
Bengaluru based Manipal Hospitals has acquired Columbia Asia Hospitals for Rs 2,100 crore in an all-cash deal. It will help the Bengaluru-based chain, led by billionaire Ranjan Pai, to expand its presence in the north and east of the country, and make it the second biggest in terms of hospital beds. Apollo Hospitals is India’s largest hospital chain with 10,261 beds. Manipal & Colombia together will have 7,200 beds.
- Indian Navy (IN) hosted the SIMBEX-20(27th edition) from 23 to 25 November 2020 in Andaman Sea in a “non-contact, at sea only” format amid COVID-19. SIMBEX is a naval exercise of Indian Navy with which country?
1) Sri Lanka
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Singapore
Indian Navy (IN) hosted the 27th edition of India – Singapore Bilateral Maritime Exercise SIMBEX-20 from 23 to 25 November 2020 in Andaman Sea in a “non-contact, at sea only” format amid COVID-19. It is an annual exercise between IN and Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN). The Indian Navy was represented by INS (Indian Naval Ship) Rana with its integral Chetak helicopter in addition to INS Kamorta, INS Karmuk, Submarine INS Sindhuraj and P8I maritime reconnaissance aircraft.
- Who authored the book on the life and ideals of Sri Guru Nanak Dev the founder of Sikhism, launched by PM Narendra Modi in November 2020?
1) Kartar Singh
2) Kirpal Singh
3) GBS Sindhu
4) VN Thapar
5) Neha Dwivedi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Kirpal Singh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a book on the life and ideals of Sri Guru Nanak Dev the founder of Sikhism, India’s fourth largest religion. The book was written by Chandigarh based writer Kirpal Singh and released on the presence of Minister of Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi. The Adi Granth, its first rendition, was compiled by the fifth Guru Arjan Singh. The Guru Granth Sahib, is the final rendition is the Holly books of Sikhism.
- Who authored the book (Autobiography) titled ‘Simply Fly: A Deccan Odyssey’?
1) G.R. Gopinath
2) Vinay Sitapati
3) Francesca Marino
4) Abhijeet Gupta
5) Ruskin Bond
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) G.R. Gopinath
‘Simply Fly: A Deccan Odyssey’ is the awe-inspiring story of Captain G.R. Gopinath. This autobiography narrates in gritty detail Captain Gopinath’s incredible journey: quitting the Indian Army in the late 1970s with a princely gratuity of Rs 6500, going back to his farm land inundated by the river, converting a piece of barren land to set up a farm for ecologically sustainable silkworm rearing, winning the Rolex award for it, his loves and passions, his extraordinary determination to launch an airline (which touched a crazy market cap of US$ 1.1 billion in less than four years ), in the process rewriting aviation history.
- Faqir Chand Kohli, known as the father of Indian Information Technology (IT) industries passed away recently. He was the founder and first CEO of which IT Company?
2) HCL Technologies
4) Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
The founder and first CEO of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Faqir Chand Kohli, known as the father of Indian Information Technology (IT) industries died at the age of 96. He was known for transforming the IT industry of the country, for pioneering the Technology revolution in the country to build a $100 billion IT industry in India. As the CEO of TCS he brought IBM to India as part of Tata-IBM deal in 1991 for hardware manufacturing. Mr. Kohli joined Tata Electric company in 1951, later Founded TCS alongside J.R.D Tata and become the Director of the company in 1970. For his contribution towards Indian IT Industries he was awarded Padma Bhushan, third highest civilian award in 2002.
- Former Footballer Diego Armando Maradona passed away recently. He was from which Country?
5) South Africa
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Argentina
Former Argentina Football Player & FIFA World Cup Winner, Diego Armando Maradona passed away at the age of 60 due to heart attack in Buenos Aires, Argentina.He was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Under his captaincy, Argentina’s National Football Team won the FIFA World Cup that held in Mexico against West Germany in the year 1986. He won the Golden Ball Award in the FIFA World Cup 1986 Match.
- Anele Ngcongca, a renowned footballer (defender) passed away in a car crash recently. He was from which Country?
5) South Africa
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) South Africa
Anele Ngcongca, a former South Africa defender (Footballer) who played for the host team at the 2010 World Cup, died in a car crash. Ngcongca played for South Africa from 2009-16. He made 53 appearances for Bafana and was a member of the team when South Africa hosted the 2010 World Cup. He also played for Belgian club Genk for nearly a decade from 2007-16, winning a league title and the Belgian Cup twice. Ngcongca was on loan at Kwazulu-Natal-based club AmaZulu at the time of his death.
- 71st Constitution day or Samvidhan Divas of India was observed on which day?
1) January 25
2) October 26
3) November 26
4) November 28
5) November 27
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) November 26
The Constitution day or Samvidhan Divas is observed annually on November 26 since 2015 to mark the adoption of the Indian Constitution by the Constituent Assembly on this day in 1949. The Constitution then came into force on January 26, 1950. The year 2020 marked the 71st Constitution Day.
- Which day was observed as National Milk Day (99th Birth Anniversary of Dr Verghese Kurien) in India?
1) November 25
2) November 24
3) November 26
4) November 28
5) November 27
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) November 26
National Milk Day is annually celebrated across India on 26th November to celebrate the importance of milk in the life of humans. The day honours the birth anniversary of padma awardee Dr Verghese Kurien, who is known as the Milkman of India and Father of India’s White Revolution. The National Milk Day 2020 marks the 99th Birth Anniversary of Dr Verghese Kurien.
- When the World Investor Week (WIW) is celebrated by IOSCO (International Organization of Securities Commissions) across the globe with SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) as the national coordinator?
1) November 20-26
2) November 23-29
3) November 12-18
4) November 17-23
5) November 05-11
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 2) November 23-29
Every year, the World Investor Week (WIW) is celebrated the world over, under the aegis of IOSCO (International Organization of Securities Commissions), the global body of securities regulators, in order to give further impetus to the various investor education and awareness initiatives. World Investor Week is a global campaign to raise awareness about the importance of investor education and protection and to highlight the investor education and protection initiatives of securities regulators.
SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) is the national coordinator for the WIW in India, which will be celebrated this time from November 23-29.
- Where was “National Portal for Transgender Persons” e-launched and “Garima Greh: A Shelter Home for Transgender Persons” was e-inaugurated by Union Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (MoSJE) in November 2020?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) Vadodara, Gujarat
3) Patna, Bihar
4) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
5) Bengaluru, Karnataka
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Vadodara, Gujarat
Union Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (MoSJE) has e-launched a “National Portal for Transgender Persons” and e-inaugurated a “Garima Greh: A Shelter Home for Transgender Persons” in Vadodara, Gujarat. The portal has been launched on the lines of Notification of Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Rules, 2020 released on September, 29 2020 to provide pan India online applying facility of a Certificate and Identity card (I-Card) to transgender persons without visiting office or any physical interface.
- Indian Railway has launched a completely digitized online Human Resource Management System (HRMS). Who is the Chairman & CEO of Railway Board?
1) Vikas Kumar Yadav
2) Piyush Goyal
3) Suresh Prabhu
4) Vinod Kumar Yadav
5) Shashank Maohar
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Vinod Kumar Yadav
On the lines of Minister’s (PM) Narendra Modi vision of digitally empowered society and knowledge economy, Indian Railway has launched a completely digitized online Human Resource Management System (HRMS) on November 27, 2020 to improve the efficiency and productivity of Railway system & also employee satisfaction. In this regard, Vinod Kumar Yadav, Chairman & CEO, Railway Board has launched following modules of HRMS & User depot useful for railway employees and pensioners via video conferencing.
- Which Company launched a new app called the “Task Mate” which offers certain amount to the users on the completion of the task provided by it?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 4) Google
Google has launched a new application called Task Mate in India. Through the new application, the company will provide small random tasks to users and once the task is complete, the application will pay a certain amount to the user. The application is available on the Google Play Store for users to install. The app is in beta mode currently (November 2020) and can be activated through invitation codes only. Google also has another application called Rewards, which allows the user to earn money by answering survey questions. However, the currency on that app can only be availed as Google Play balance.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the headquarters of The National Dairy Development Board?
1) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
2) Anand, Gujarat
3) Jaipur, Rajasthan
4) Udaipur, Rajasthan
5) Surat, Gujarat
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 2) Anand, Gujarat
The National Dairy Development Board is an institution of national importance set up by an Act of Parliament of India. The main office is in Anand, Gujarat with regional offices throughout the country.
- Who is the Prime Minister of Finland?
1) Jacinda Arten
2) Sanna Marine
3) Aung San Suu Kyi
4) Katrín Jakobsdóttir
5) Mette Frederiksen
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 2) Sanna Marine
Sanna Mirella Marin is a Finnish politician who has been Prime Minister of Finland since 10 December 2019. A member of the Social Democratic Party, she has been a member of the Parliament of Finland since 2015. Marin is the third female Prime Minister of Finland and the youngest prime minister in Finland’s History
- When did The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2019 come into effect?
1) October 10, 2019
2) December 10, 2019
3) January 10, 2019
4) January 10, 2020
5) April 1, 2020
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) January 10, 2020
The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2019 is an act of the Parliament of India enacted with the main purpose of safeguarding the rights of transgender people, their welfare, and other matters related to them. It came into effect on January 10, 2020 to ensure welfare of Transgender persons and to make them a part of mainstream of the Society.
- Where is the Hirakud Dam (Longest dam in India) located?
3) Madhya Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Odisha
Hirakud Dam is built across the Mahanadi River, about 15 kilometres from Sambalpur in the state of Odisha in India. Behind the dam extends a lake, Hirakud Reservoir, 55 km long. It is one of the first major multipurpose river valley projects started after India’s independence.
- Who is the Chairman of National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd (NAFED)?
1) Bijender Singh
2) Sanjeev Kumar Chadha
3) Ajay Tyagi
4) Sunil Arora
5) Rishi Shukla
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Bijender Singh
National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd (NAFED) is an apex organization of marketing cooperatives for agricultural produce in India. It was founded on the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi on 2 October 1958 to promote the trade of agricultural produce and forest resources across the nation. It is registered under Multi State Co-operative Societies Act. NAFED is now one of the largest procurement as well as marketing agencies for agricultural products in India. With its headquarters in New Delhi, NAFED has four regional offices at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata, apart from 28 zonal offices in capitals of states and important cities.
Bijender Singh is the Chairman whereas Sanjeev Kumar Chadha is Managing Director of NAFED.
- Which National Park has been declared as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve on October 29th 2020?
1) Pench National Park (Madhya Pradesh)
2) Panna National Park (Madhya Pradesh)
3) Bandhavgarh National Park (Madhya Pradesh)
4) Kanha National Park (Madhya Pradesh)
5) Sanjay National Park (Madhya Pradesh)
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Panna National Park (Madhya Pradesh)
International Coordinating Council (ICC) of UNESCO’s (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) Man and the Biosphere (MAB) programme included three new Biosphere Reservers; they are Panna Biosphere Reserve (Madhya Pradesh) in India, Fuvahmulah Biosphere Reserve (Maldives) and Addu Atoll Biosphere Reserve (Maldives) to UNESCO’s World Network of Biosphere Reserves.
The MAB-ICC which met online from 27-28th October, 2020 approved these additions.