AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 30 December 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Where was the Operational Control Centre (OCC) for Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (EDFC) recently inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi, on December, 2020?
1) Guwahati, Assam
2) Siliguri, West Bengal
3) Prayagraj, UttarPradesh
4) Chandigarh, Punjab
5) Nagpur, Maharashtra
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Prayagraj, UttarPradesh
On December 29, 2020, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated 2 Railway projects for the Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (EDFC) namely the 351-Kms long New Bhaupur-New Khurja section in Uttar Pradesh (UP) which has been built at a cost of INR 5, 750 crores and Operational Control Centre (OCC) at Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh. It is expected to be one of the largest control centres in the world. The OCC will be the Command Centre of the entire route length of EDFC. It will be one of the largest structures of its type and will be equipped with modern interiors, ergonomic design & best-in-class acoustics.
- Between which states were the 100th Kisan Rail flagged off virtually by PM Modi?
1) Madhya Pradesh – Jharkhand
2) Telangana – Madhya Pradesh
3) Gujarat – Rajasthan
4) Punjab – Maharashtra
5) Maharashtra – West Bengal
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Maharashtra – West Bengal
On December 28, 2020, PM virtually flagged off the 100th ‘Kisan Rail’ from Sangola (Maharashtra) – Shalimar (West Bengal). The Government of India has extended a 50% subsidy on transportation of fruits & vegetables. The 1st Kisan Rail was introduced from Devlali (Maharashtra) – Danapur (Bihar) on August 7, 2020. It was extended up to Muzaffarpur in Uttar Pradesh.
- Where did President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurate INS Khukri Memorial?
1) Diu & Daman
5) Dadra and Nagar Haveli
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Diu & Daman
President of India Ram Nath Kovind visited Diu Town in the Union Territory (UT) of Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu from December 25-28, 2020. During the visit, he laid Foundation stone & Inaugurated many developmental projects, including the inauguration of the INS (Indian Navy Ship) Khukri Memorial. INS Khukri is Indian Navy’s only warship to be lost in a war to date.
- Which is India’s 1st city to have fulfilled 100% of its energy needs during the day with solar energy?
4) New Delhi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Diu
President of India Ram Nath Kovind visited Diu Town in the Union Territory (UT) of Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu from December 25-28, 2020. On his address, he highlighted – Diu city is the 1st City in India which has fulfilled 100% of its energy needs during the day with solar energy; All 3 districts of the Union Territory were declared ‘Open Defecation Free’ in 2017; Daman & Diu was ranked 1st in the ‘Swachh Survekshan’ of 2019.
- How many Blue Flag certified beaches are there in India as of December, 2020?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) 8
On December 28, 2020 India hoisted ‘Blue Flags’ on its 8 beaches. Blue Flag certification is an eco-label given by Foundation for Environment Education, Denmark for beaches which meets its stringent environmental, educational, safety-related and access-related criteria. The label signifies India’s efforts to safeguard its coastal region. In October, 2020 India became the First Country to be awarded the Coveted International Blue Flag certification for 8 beaches in one attempt.
- Which organisation recently launched the Integrated Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) & mobile application for downloading Unique Medical IDentity Card (UMID), on December, 2020?
1) India Post
3) Indian Railways
4) Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Indian Railways
On December 28, 2020, Indian Railways (IR) launched the Integrated Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) & mobile application for downloading Unique Medical IDentity Card (UMID) in 5 units of South Central Railways & 2 units of Northern Railways. Vinod Kumar Yadav, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Railways Board launched the services. HMIS has been developed by IR in collaboration with RailTel Corporation Limited.
- Which state cabinet approved the Dharma Swatantrya (Religious Freedom) Bill, 2020 to outlaw marriages with sole motive of religious conversion?
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) Madhya Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Madhya Pradesh
On December 26, 2020, Madhya Pradesh (MP) cabinet headed by Shivraj Singh Chouhan approved the Dharma Swatantrya (Religious Freedom) Bill, 2020. The aim of the bill is to outlaw marriages which take place with a sole motive of religious conversions. It will now be placed in the MP state assembly for discussion & passage.
- Which organisation released the ‘Foreign Direct Investment Trends and Outlook in Asia and the Pacific 2020/21’ report on December, 2020?
1) International Labour Organization
2) UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
3) UN Industrial Development Organization
4) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
5) Asian Development Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
According to the report ‘Foreign Direct Investment Trends and Outlook in Asia and the Pacific 2020/21’ released by the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UN ESCAP), India has accounted for 77% of total Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflows to South & South-West Asian sub region receiving about USD 51 Billion in 2019. The majority of the FDI in India were in the fields of Information & Communications Technology (ICT) & Construction sector.
- External Affairs Minister (EAM) S.Jaishankar visited Ahmed bin Ali FIFA Stadium during his Qatar visit on December 27-28, 2020. Which Indian company partnered with Al Balagh Trading & Contracting to build Ahmed bin Ali FIFA Stadium?
1) Tata Projects
2) GMR Group
3) JMC Projects
4) L&T Construction
5) Hindustan Construction Company
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) L&T Construction
External Affairs Minister S.Jaishankar on his 2 day visit to Qatar on December 27-28, 2020, visited the Ahmed bin Ali FIFA Stadium (popularly known as Al Rayyan Stadium) situated at Al Rayyan. The Stadium is one of the venues for 2022 FIFA World Cup set to be held in Qatar. The stadium has been built by Indian company Larsen & Toubro (L&T) along with Qatari partners Al Balagh Trading & Contracting.
- Which bank became the 1st to collaborate with Google Pay to issue FASTag through Unified Payments Interface (UPI) on its payments app?
1) ICICI Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) Canara Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) UCO Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) ICICI Bank
On December 28, 2020 ICICI Bank collaborated with Google Pay to issue FASTag through Unified Payments Interface (UPI) on the payments app. This allows Google Pay users to order, track and recharge ICICI Bank FASTag digitally on the payments platform. With this partnership, ICICI Bank FASTag is now available on Google Pay. ICICI Bank, with this collaboration becomes the 1st bank to partner with Google Pay to issue FASTag.
- IRDAI issued an exposure draft on guidelines for standard ______ policies to be offered by every general insurer and stand-alone health insurer from April 1, 2021.
1) Vehicle Insurance
2) Unit-linked Insurance
4) Health Insurance
5) Travel Insurance
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Travel Insurance
On December 28, 2020 The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India(IRDAI) issued an exposure draft on guidelines for standard travel insurance policies that is to be offered from April 1, 2021 by every general insurer and stand-alone health insurer. IRDAI has asked all the stakeholders to comment/suggest on this exposure draft by 6th January, 2021. As per the exposure draft, insurers can launch 5 standard travel insurance plan variants under domestic travel and 4 plan variants under overseas category.
- Which Small Finance institution partnered with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Ltd to offer customised need and goal-based life insurance solutions for customers of ICICI Prudential Life?
1) Capital Small Finance Bank
2) AU Small Finance Bank
3) Janalakshmi Small Finance Bank
4) Equitas Small Finance Bank
5) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) AU Small Finance Bank
On December 28, 2020 AU Small Finance Bank Ltd has partnered with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Ltd to offer customised need and goal-based life insurance solutions of ICICI Prudential Life to its customers. The partnership will enhance the customer experience and help the customers to plan for better financial security.
- Which is the world’s 1st crypto bank launched in India as a Joint Venture(JV) between Cashaa and United Multistate credit co-operative society?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Unicas
On December 28, 2020 ‘Unicas’, world’s first crypto bank was launched as a Joint Venture(JV) between Cashaa and United Multistate credit co-operative society. This bank allows users to transact in cryptocurrency and fiat from one account to another. It will provide banking services for both fiat and crypto assets. This JV allows Cashaa to access regulatory licenses, physical branches, and overall banking Infrastructure of United Multistate Co-Op Society.
- Which Small Finance Bank recently got approval from SEBI to make Initial Public Offering (IPO) on BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty, as of December, 2020?
1) Equitas Small Finance Bank
2) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
3) Jana Small Finance Bank
4) Suryoday Small Finance Bank
5) AU Small Finance Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Suryoday Small Finance Bank
On December 28, 2020 Suryoday Small Finance Bank(SFB) received approval from Securities and Exchanges Board of India (SEBI) to float its Initial Public Offering (IPO). The shares of the SFB are expected to be listed on BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty, The IPO will consist of a fresh issue of 1,15,95,000 shares and also offers a sale of up to 84,66,796 shares by the existing shareholders.
- Who became the first female president of Softball Federation of India on December, 2020?
1) Pooja Parkhe
2) Rana Gurmeet Singh Sodhi
3) Neetal Narang
4) Pravin Anaokar
5) L.R Maurya
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Neetal Narang
Neetal Narang becomes first female president of Softball Federation of India Narang, in her previous role as vice president of the Softball Federation of India had made valuable contribution towards the upliftment of the sport. Narang will succeed Rana Gurmit Singh Sodhi, who was elected as the life-time president.
- Name the Rajya Sabha MP who jointly won the “Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay New India Foundation(NIF) Book Prize 2020” alongside Prof Amit Ahuja?
1) Jairam Ramesh
2) Raghuram Rajan
3) P. Chidambaram
4) Nayanjot Lahiri
5) Shashi Tharoor
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Jairam Ramesh
Jairam Ramesh, Rajya Sabha MP & Former Union Minister for his book ‘A Chequered Brilliance: The Many Lives of V.K. Krishna Menon’ and Associate Prof Amit Ahuja, for his book ‘Mobilizing the Marginalized: Ethnic Parties without Ethnic Movements’ jointly won Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay New India Foundation(NIF) Book Prize 2020.
- What was the theme of 16th annual Mother Teresa Memorial Awards(MTMA) for Social Justice, awarded on December, 2020?
1) Compassion Beyond Borders
2) Celebrate Her, Protect Her, Empower Her
3) Stop the Pandemic: Safety and Health at Work Can Save Lives
4) Recognizing Social Crusaders for their Humanitarian Work
5) Celebrating Compassion in Times of Covid
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Celebrating Compassion in Times of Covid
On 27th December 2020, the Harmony Foundation hosted the 16th annual Mother Teresa Memorial Awards(MTMA) for Social Justice and felicitated the winners of the 2020 MTMA for Social Justice. The awards were presented to honour the acts of compassion of the unsung heroes for their contribution in the time of global pandemic. The theme of the MTMA for Social Justice 2020 is “Celebrating Compassion in Times of Covid”.
- The Gender Park in partnership with United Nations (UN) Women will organize the 2nd edition of International conference on Gender Equality (ICGE-II) on February, 2021, Where is the Gender Park located?
1) Uttar Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Kerala
The Gender Park (an initiative of Kerala Government) in partnership with United Nations (UN) Women will organize the 2nd edition of International conference on Gender Equality (ICGE-II) at Gender Parks Kozhikode campus in February, 2021. The conference will be 3-days long and the theme of the event will be ‘Gender in Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Social Business: The Mediating Role of Empowerment’. The event will take place in a partially-digital format due to the Pandemic. The 1st edition ICGE was hosted by the Gender Park in November, 2015.
- Which bank recently signed an agreement with Myclassboard Educational Solutions Pvt Ltd(MESPL) to acquire 9.09% of its stake, on December, 2020?
1) ICICI Bank
2) Indian Overseas Bank
3) Canara Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) UCO Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) ICICI Bank
On December 28, 2020 ICICI Bank entered into an agreement with Myclassboard Educational Solutions Pvt Ltd(MESPL) to acquire 9.09% stake in MESPL through acquisition of 100 equity shares and 104,890 Cumulative Compulsorily Convertible Preference Shares on fully diluted basis. The acquisition happens for a cash consideration of Rs 4.5 crore.
- Which was India’s 1st conjugate vaccine to treat Pneumonia that was recently launched by Health Minister Harsh Vardhan, on December, 2020?
3) Pneumovax 23
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Pneumosil
On December 28, 2020, Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan virtually launched India’s 1st Indigenous Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV) – ‘Pneumosil’ to treat pneumonia. The vaccine has been developed by Serum Institute of India Private Limited (SIIPL) in collaboration with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Who received the Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award in the 2020 ATP Awards?
1) Dominic Thiem
2) Novak Djokovic
3) Rafael Nadal
4) Daniil Medvedev
5) Roger Federer
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Rafael Nadal
World No. 2 Rafael Nadal has been selected by fellow players as the winner of the Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award in the 2020 ATP Awards. The Spaniard receives this honour for a third straight year and fourth time overall (2010, 2018-2020) for his fair play, professionalism and integrity on and off the court.
- Who authored the book “Element of Quantitative Genetics A Conceptual Approach” that was released by Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh?
1) Stuti Sharma
2) S.K. Gupta
4) Koteshwar Rao
5) Sanjeev Kumar
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Stuti Sharma
On 27th December 2020, Chief Minister(CM) of Madhya Pradesh(MP) Shivraj Singh Chouhan released the book titled “Element of Quantitative Genetics” authored by Prof. Dr. Stuti Sharma of Jawaharlal Nehru Agricultural University, Jabalpur, MP. Manoranjan Vishwas is the co-author of the book.
- In which sport does late Mir Sajjad Ali represent India?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Football
On December 23, 2020 Mir Sajjad Ali, Former Indian international footballer, passed away at the age of 66. He is a resident of Zeba Bagh in Asif Nagar, Hyderabad, Telangana.He played for BDL in the local league. In 1977, he was selected to play for India, he also played for East Bengal and Mohammedan Sporting.
- What was the New feature that got added to My FASTag mobile app by National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), on December, 2020?
1) Add Money to Wallet
2) Wallet Balance Status
3) Check Balance Status using Vehicle Number
4) Color Code for Wallet Balance Status
5) UPI based Recharge Facility
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Check Balance Status using Vehicle Number
With FASTag becoming mandatory on toll plazas from 1st January 2021 and to ensure its smooth implementation, The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has updated its Mobile App My FASTag App’ with a new feature to Check Balance Status’ by simply entering the vehicle number.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the Headquarters of International Court of Arbitration located?
1) Paris, France
2) The Hague, Netherland
3) Rome, Italy
4) Madrid, Spain
5) Berlin, Germany
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Paris, France
The Headquarters of International Court of Arbitration is located at Paris, France.
- Who was the present CEO of Tesla, on December, 2020?
1) Jack Ma
2) Bill Gates
3) Elon Musk
4) Warren Buffett
5) Jeff Bezos
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Elon Musk
Elon Musk is the founder, CEO of Tesla as of December, 2020. Recently, Elon Musk replaced Bill Gates to become the 2nd richest person in the world.
- Which stadium was renamed Arun Jaitley Stadium ?
1) Wankhede Stadium
2) Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium
3) HPCA Stadium
4) Eden Gardens
5) Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium
Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium was renamed into Arun Jaitley Stadium at New Delhi to honor the former Finance Minister of India. On December, 2020, Home Minister Amit Shah unveiled the statue of Arun Jaitley in the stadium.
- Who was the Lt.Governor & Administrator of Diu and Daman as of December, 2020?
1) Dineshwar Sharma
2) Devendra Kumar Joshi
3) Praful Khoda Patel
4) Syed Asif Ibrahim
5) Anil Sinha
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Praful Khoda Patel
Praful Khoda Patel was the Administrator of Diu and Daman and Dadra and Nagar Haveli Union Territories as of December, 2020.
- When was the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) established?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) 1999
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) was established in 1999.