AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 27 & 28 August 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs August 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- In which state/UT India’s first Artificial Intelligence (AI) school was inaugurated in August 2023?
2) Andhra Pradesh
5) MaharashtraAnswer-1) Kerala
On 22nd August 2023, Former President of India Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated India’s first Artificial Intelligence (AI) school at Santhigiri Vidyabhavan in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
i. AI School was created by iLearning Engines (ILE) of the United States of America(USA) in collaboration with Vedhik eSchool which was managed by a committee of veteran professionals including former Chief Secretaries, DGPs and Vice Chancellors.
ii. AI School facility will be initially available to students from classes 8 to 12. The curriculum and methodology are designed in compliance with the National School Accreditation Standards, which are based on the New National Education Policy (NEP 2020).
- In which city, the Group of Twenty (G20) Trade and Investment Minister’s Meeting (TIMM) was held in August 2023?
1) Gandhinagar, Gujarat
2) Mumbai, Maharashtra
3) Jaipur, Rajasthan
4) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
5) Patna, BiharAnswer-3) Jaipur, Rajasthan
The Group of Twenty (G20) Trade and Investment Minister’s Meeting (TIMM) was held under the India’s G20 Presidency at the Pink City of India i.e. Jaipur in Rajasthan.
• The meeting was led by Union Minister Piyush Goyal, Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI).
• The meeting concluded with the finalisation and adoption of G20 Trade and Investment Outcome Document and Chair’s Summary.
i. First deliverable involves High-Level Principles for digitalizing trade documents, encompassing 10 principles guiding effective transition to paperless trade with emphasis on security, interoperability, and inclusivity.
ii. A Jaipur Call for Action was issued to improve MSMEs’ (Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises) information access, with plans for the International Trade Center (ITC), Geneva, Switzerland to upgrade its Global Trade Helpdesk, addressing MSMEs’ information gaps with the consultation from United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and World Trade Organization (WTO).
- In August 2023, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) increased the upper limit for offline transactions to Rs _________ from Rs 200.
1) Rs 300
2) Rs 600
3) Rs 800
4) Rs 500
5) Rs 400Answer-4) Rs 500
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) increased the upper limit for offline transactions to Rs 500 from Rs 200 w.e.f. August 24, 2023, following its announcement during the bi-monthly policy review on August 10, 2023.
i. However, the overall limit is retained at Rs 2000 to contain the risks associated with relaxation of two-factor authentication.
ii. The information for the same was provided by RBI under Section 10 (2) read with Section 18 of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 (Act 51 of 2007)/PSS Act.
iii. PSOs/PSPs are entities authorized by the RBI to operate payment systems enabling transactions between payers and beneficiaries.
- Name the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) that has recently (in August ‘23) partnered with HSBC to support Innovation-led Green Hydrogen production.
1) IIT Roorkee
2) IIT Guwahati
3) IIT Kanpur
4) IIT Madras
5) IIT BombayAnswer-5) IIT Bombay
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, (Mumbai) Maharashtra has partnered with HSBC to pursue technological advancements towards making green hydrogen production more efficient, cost-effective, and scalable.
• This partnership will help boost the Indian government’s National Green Hydrogen Mission (NGHM) focused on providing policy support towards achieving global leadership in green hydrogen transition.
• This partnership was unveiled by Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Ministry of Finance at Delhi on August 24, 2023.
- In August 2023, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) sanctioned the Scheme of Voluntary Amalgamation of Akola Merchant Co-operative Bank Limited with ______________ (Co.operative Banks).
1) Cosmos Cooperative Bank Limited
2) Bharat Co-operative Bank Limited
3) Jalgaon Peoples Co-operative Bank Limited
4) Shamrao Vithal Co-operative Bank Limited
5) Kalupur Commercial Cooperative Bank LimitedAnswer-3) Jalgaon Peoples Co-operative Bank Limited
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) sanctioned the Scheme of Voluntary Amalgamation of Akola (Maharashtra) based Akola Merchant Co-operative Bank Limited with Jalgaon (Maharashtra) based The Jalgaon Peoples Co-operative Bank Limited. Both of the banks are Urban Co.operative Banks(UCB).
i. The authority is granted under Sub-Section (4) of Section 44A read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
ii. After Amalgamation:
• The Scheme of Amalgamation will come into force with effect from 28th August, 2023.
• Following the amalgamation, the branches of Akola Merchant Co-operative Bank Ltd., will function as branches of The Jalgaon Peoples Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Which Payments Bank has recently (in August ‘23) collaborated with Frontier Markets and the Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth to launch ‘She Leads Bharat: Udyam’?
1) Airtel Payments Bank
2) Jio Payments Bank
3) India Post Payments Bank
4) Paytm Payments Bank
5) Fino Payments BankAnswer-1) Airtel Payments Bank
Frontier Markets, a Social Commerce Platform, in collaboration with Airtel Payments Bank and the Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth launched an initiative ‘She Leads Bharat: Udyam’ . The announcement was made at the 1st edition of Asia Inclusive Growth Forum.
• The initiative aims to elevate 1,00,000 women-owned small businesses in Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
i. Frontier Markets will implement the program and utilize its team of Saral Jeevan Sahelis, who are women entrepreneurs. Their role involves identifying and enrolling women-owned small businesses onto the Meri-Saheli platform.
- Name the company that recently (in August ‘23) launched India’s first Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC)-focused venture platform for start-up founders.
1) Sequoia Capital
2) Accel Partners
3) Matrix Partners
4) Antler India
5) Helion Venture PartnersAnswer-4) Antler India
Antler India, a Venture Capital (VC) firm launched India’s first Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC)-focussed venture platform to provide resources, an expert network, community, and capital to start-up founders building on ONDC.
i. The platform aims to increase talent density and enable opportunities on ONDC and is also set to democratise e-commerce in India. It will also support pre-team and pre-idea founders to build on ONDC.
ii. The platform has been created in partnership with Nandan Nilekani, Co-founder and Chairman of the Infosys Board; Foundation for Interoperability in Digital Economy (FIDE) (Beckn Protocol), and ONDC.
- Which company, along with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has recently (in August ‘23) launched the international Crew-7 astronaut mission to the International Space Station (ISS)?
1) Blue Origin
2) Space Exploration Technologies Corporation
3) Boeing Company
4) Lockheed Martin Corporation
5) RoscosmosAnswer-2) Space Exploration Technologies Corporation
On 26th August 2023, Space Exploration Technologies Corporation (SpaceX) and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) successfully launched the international Crew-7 astronaut mission to the International Space Station (ISS).
• The agency’s SpaceX Crew-7 mission is the seventh commercial crew rotation mission for NASA.
i. The 4 astronauts of the Crew-7 mission lifted off atop a brand-new SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center (KSC) in Florida, the United States of America (USA).
ii. The Crew-7 team will ride on the SpaceX Crew Dragon capsule, Endurance, which is a trained spaceflight that previously completed missions as part of SpaceX’s Crew-3 and Crew-5 missions to the ISS.
iii. The journey from Earth to the ISS is estimated to take nearly 30 hours.
- In August 2023, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi declared that _____________ of every year will be observed as “National Space Day” in India to commemorate the soft landing of Chandrayaan 3 on the Moon.
1) 25th August
2) 22nd August
3) 24th August
4) 26th August
5) 23rd AugustAnswer-5) 23rd August
On 26th August 2023, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi declared that 23rd August of every year will be observed as “National Space Day” in India to commemorate the soft landing of Chandrayaan 3 on the Moon.
• The announcement was made while addressing the team of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Scientists at the ISRO Telemetry Tracking & Command Network Mission Control Complex (ISTRAC) in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
• The day will celebrate the spirit of Science, Technology, and Innovation, and inspire younger generations to get involved in the field of science, technology, and space.
i. The successful 3rd lunar mission has made India the 1st nation to reach near the Moon’s South Pole and the 4th to land a spacecraft on the lunar surface.
ii. PM Narendra Modi also announced that the spot, where the moon lander of Chandrayaan-3, landed on the lunar surface will be known as ‘Shivshakti’ Point. He also announced that the point on the Moon where Chandrayaan-2 crash landed in 2019 will be called ‘Tiranga Point‘.
- Which state government has recently (in August ‘23) launched MODI (Most Outstanding District Initiative), to reward the cleanest district?
1) Madhya Pradesh
5) West BengalAnswer-3) Assam
On 25th August 2023, the Assam cabinet in its 100th meeting chaired by Himanta Biswa Sarma, Chief Minister(CM) of Assam, launched MODI (Most Outstanding District Initiative), to reward the cleanest district.
• This Clean district drive will boost solid waste management and sanitation.
i. The detailed guidelines of the initiative will be issued during the Conference of District commissioners which will be held on 27th August 2023.
ii. The most outstanding district will be awarded Rs 100 crore towards infrastructure development and the results will be declared by the first week of April 2024.
- In which state/UT India’s first Artificial Intelligence (AI) school was inaugurated in August 2023?