AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 26 September 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs September 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- In which state, the First edition of ‘Bharatiya Prakash Sthamb Utsav’ or ‘Indian Lighthouse Festival’ was held in September 2023?
5) West BengalAnswer-2) Goa
The First edition of ‘Bharatiya Prakash Sthamb Utsav’ or ‘Indian Lighthouse Festival’, the 3 day long event to promote Lighthouses as Tourist Destinations was held in Goa from 23rd to 25th September 2023.
i. The festival was inaugurated by Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (MoPSW) at Fort Aguada in Panjim, Goa on 23rd September 2023.
ii. This festival was celebrated across all the lighthouses in India to promote historic spots i.e. Lighthouses as tourist destinations. It also highlights the invaluable role of lighthouses in the coastal regions.
iii. The Central Government has selected 75 Lighthouses for the same. This transformation will be done under the campaign ‘Lighthouse Heritage Tourism’.
- Name the Indian Naval Ship (INS) that has recently (in Sept ‘23) participated in the 1st India-Indonesia-Australia Trilateral Maritime Exercise.
1) INS Shivalik
2) INS Satpura
3) INS Sahyadri
4) INS Trishul
5) INS TalwarAnswer-3) INS Sahyadri
From September 21-22, 2023, the first trilateral Maritime Partnership Exercise was held between the Indian Navy (IN), Royal Australian Navy (RAN) and Indonesian Navy where India was represented by warship Indian Naval Ship (INS) Sahyadri which is mission deployed in the Indo-Pacific.
i. INS Sahyadri is an indigenously built warship of the Indian Navy which was deployed in the Indo-Pacific region.
ii. INS Sahyadri is the third ship of the indigenously designed and built Project-17 class multirole stealth frigates. It was built at Mazagon Dock Ltd, Mumbai, Maharashtra and is commanded by Capt Rajan Kapoor.
- As per the Monthly Economic Review – August 2023 released by the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance in September 2023, India’s real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth was retained at __________ for the Financial Year 2023-24 (FY24).
5) 6.9%Answer-1) 6.5%
The Monthly Economic Review – August 2023 released by the Department of Economic Affairs under the Ministry of Finance, has retained its estimate for India’s real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth for the Financial Year 2023-24 (FY24) at 6.5%.
i. The risks to the growth outlook were offset by the bright spots in corporate profitability, private sector capital formation, bank credit growth, and activity in the construction sector.
ii. High domestic demand for consumption and investment hiked the GDP growth rate in the first quarter(Q1) of FY 24 (April-June 2023).
iii. High-Frequency Indicators(HFIs) suggest that the second quarter(Q2) of FY24 (July-September 2023) is shaping up well
- Which of the following Villages has/have been selected as the Best Tourism Village of India 2023 by the Ministry of Tourism(MoT) in September 2023?
1) Kiriteshwari in West Bengal
2) Biswanath Ghat in Assam
3) Lachung in Sikkim
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer-4) Both 1 & 2
Assam Chief Minister(CM) Himanta Biswa Sarma announced that the Union Ministry of Tourism(MoT) has selected Biswanath Ghat(also known as Gupta Kashi) of Sonitpur district of Assam as the Best Tourism Village of India 2023.
MoT has also selected Kiriteshwari village in the Murshidabad district of West Bengal as the Best Tourism Village of India.
The villages were selected from amongst 791 applications from 31 States and Union Territories(UTs).
Biswanath Ghat is known for cultural amalgamation and spiritual and religious sites like Gangmou Than and Nagsankar temple.
Kiriteshwari, located near Bhagirathi River, houses the Kiriteshwari temple, one of India’s 51 Shaktipeethas.
- Who has been recently (in Sept ‘23) appointed as the Vice-President (Market Solutions) of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for a period of 3 years?
1) Jayanth Kumar
2) Atish Mathur
3) Bhargav Dasgupta
4) Ajay Kumar
5) Praveen SharmaAnswer- 3) Bhargav Dasgupta
On September 22, 2023, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) appointed Bhargav Dasgupta as Vice-President (Market Solutions) for a period of 3 years.
i. Prior to this appointment, He was serving as the Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co. Ltd since 2009.
ii. He has resigned from the post of MD & CEO of ICICI Lombard. His tenure as MD & CEO was set to end in April 2024.
- Which company has recently (in Sept ‘23) appointed Banmali Agrawala as the New Chairman?
1) Mahindra Aerospace Limited
2) Tata Advanced Systems Limited
3) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
4) Bharat Electronics Limited
5) Bharat Heavy Electricals LimitedAnswer-2) Tata Advanced Systems Limited
Banmali Agrawala has been appointed as the New Chairman of Tata Advanced Systems Limited (TASL), the aerospace and defense solutions division and wholly owned subsidiary of TATA Sons, the holding company of TATA Group.
i. Prior to the appointment, he was serving as the Senior Advisor at Tata Sons and Chairman of Tata Electronics Private Limited (TEPL).
ii. He succeeds Vijay Singh who has retired from the post. He was serving as the Chairman of TASL since 2018 and he is also serving as the Vice-Chairman of TATA Trust.
- In which country, a group of archaeologists has recently (in September ‘23) discovered evidence of the world’s oldest wooden structure, dating back 476,000 years ago?
5) ZambiaAnswer-5) Zambia
A group of archaeologists has discovered evidence of the world’s oldest wooden structure, “a pair of interlocking logs connected by a notch” that date to 476,000 years ago at an archaeological site of Kalambo Falls, Africa’s 2nd-highest waterfall on the Kalombo River in Zambia.
i. The findings of this structure were published in the journal ‘Nature’ on 20 September 2023.
ii. Kalambo Falls on the Kalambo River is a 235-metre single-drop waterfall on the border of Zambia with the Rukwa Region of Tanzania at the edge of Lake Tanganyika.
iii. This falls was inscribed into the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization’s (UNESCO) World Heritage site in 2009.
- Name the country that has recently (in September ‘23) unveiled its new 5th generation main battle tank (MBT), the Merkava Mark 5/“Barak, which translates to “lightning” in Hebrew.
1) United Arab Emirates
5) IndonesiaAnswer-4) Israel
The Israeli Defense Ministry and Israel Defense Forces(IDF) unveiled its new 5th generation main battle tank (MBT), the Merkava Mark 5, also known as “Barak,” which translates to “lightning” in Hebrew. The Merkava 5 is the refined version of the Merkava IV.
i. The tank underwent five years of development.
ii. The Barak tank was developed jointly by the Defense Ministry’s Armored Vehicles Directorate and the IDF’s Ground Forces and Armored Corps.
iii. The first models of the tank were delivered to the 52nd Armored Battalion of the 401st Brigade.
- Name the personality who has recently (in Sept ‘23) won the IndianOil Grand Prix of India (Inaugural Edition of the MotoGP Bharat 2023) held at Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
1) Marco Bezzecchi
2) Jorge Martin
3) Fabio Quartararo
4) Pedro Acosta
5) Ayumu SasakiAnswer-1) Marco Bezzecchi
Italy’s Marco Bezzecchi of Mooney VR46 Racing team won the IndianOil Grand Prix of India 2023 (MotoGP Bharat 2023) held at the Buddh International Circuit(BIC), Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
i. Jorge Martin(Spain) of Prima Pramac Racing and Fabio Quartararo ((France) of Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP finished second and third place respectively.
ii. The inaugural edition of the MotoGP India Grand Prix was held from 22nd to 24th September 2023. This is the 1st time a motor racing event was hosted by India since the 2013 Formula 1 Indian Grand Prix.
iii. Kadai Yaseen Ahamed was the only Indian rider at the MotoGP Bharat 2023. He made his debut competing in the Moto3 level at MotoGP Bharat 2023.
He has become the second Indian after S Sarath Kumar to participate in a MotoGP.
iv. India Grand Prix 2023 was the 13th out of 20 races in the 2023 FIM MotoGP World Championship (MotoGP)
- When was World Rivers Day (WRD) 2023 observed across the globe?
1) 21st September 2023
2) 24th September 2023
3) 22nd September 2023
4) 25th September 2023
5) 23rd September 2023Answer-2) 24th September 2023
World Rivers Day (WRD) is annually observed across the globe on the 4th Sunday of September to promote awareness about the importance of rivers and aims to encourage the improved protection of all rivers around the world.
World Rivers Day (WRD) 2023 was observed on 24th September 2023.
WRD 2022 was observed on 25 September 2022 and WRD 2024 will be observed on 22 September 2024.
That first WRD was observed in 2005 and was celebrated across 12 countries.
i. To commemorate the WRD 2023, WRD organised a series of events such as paddling trips down major rivers, river conferences, online panel events, and various new projects like riverside plantings and habitat restoration projects have been launched.
ii. A campaign for the “Rights of Rivers” and the launching of “Adopt a Rivers” programs were also organised.