AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 26 October 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs October 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- In which city, India ‘s first Nano Di-Ammonia Phosphate (DAP–Liquid) plant was recently (in Oct ‘23) inaugurated by the Union Minister of Home Affairs Amit Shah?
1) Pune, Maharashtra
2) Panipat, Haryana
3) Jaipur, Rajasthan
4) Gandhinagar, Gujarat
5) Bhubaneswar, OdishaAnswer-4) Gandhinagar, Gujarat
On October 24, 2023, India‘s first Nano Di-Ammonia Phosphate (DAP–Liquid) plant was inaugurated by the Union Minister Amit Shah, Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) at Kalol in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
It was set up by Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) at a cost of Rs 300 crore.
The development of the plant is on the lines of Aatmnirbhar Bharat vision of Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi.
The Union Minister also attended an event in Sanand where he launched various developmental projects worth Rs 289 crore.
Note- This is the second IFFCO plant in Gujarat. In May 2022, PM inaugurated IFFCO’s world’s first Nano Urea Liquid in Kalol.
- According to the State Bank of India (SBI) research paper titled “PM SVANidhi: Strengthening the Country’s Social Fabric by Empowering Grassroot Market Mavericks” in October 2023, ___________ of the beneficiaries of the PM SVANidhi scheme are from the Non-General Category.
5) 50%Answer- 3) 75%
According to the State Bank of India (SBI) research paper titled “PM SVANidhi: Strengthening the Country’s Social Fabric by Empowering Grassroot Market Mavericks” 75% of the beneficiaries of the PM SVANidhi scheme are from the non-general category.
The research was carried out by Soumya Kanti Ghosh, the Group Chief Economic Advisor of SBI.
The report says that 75% of beneficiaries come from non-general categories with
44% of the beneficiaries belong to the Other Backward Class(OBC) category.
22% of the total disbursement of the scheme benefitted people from Scheduled Castes(SC) and Scheduled Tribes(ST).
i. Pradhan Mantri Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi(PM SVANidh), is a micro-credit scheme launched by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) in 2020. The scheme aims to provide working capital loans to street vendors.
- According to the “International Migration Outlook: 2023” published by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) in October 2023, India has retained its position as the top country of origin for new migrants to the member countries of OECD in 2021 for the ________ consecutive year.
5) 6thAnswer-2) 2nd
According to the “International Migration Outlook: 2023” published by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), for the 2nd consecutive year, India has retained its position as the top country of origin for new migrants to the member countries of OECD in 2021.
More than 407,000 people (excluding students) have migrated from India to OECD countries in 2021. This accounts to around 7.5% of the total migration flow. This was 86% higher than 220,000 Indians in 2020.
China is ranked 2nd with 227,000 new migrants followed by Romania (215,000); Ukraine (189,000); and Germany(119,000).
- Name the bank that has recently (in Oct ‘23) entered into a partnership with National E-Governance Services Limited (NeSL) to issue its inaugural electronic Bank Guarantee (e-BG).
1) YES Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) Kotak Mahindra Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) Axis BankAnswer-3) Kotak Mahindra Bank
Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited(KMBL) has entered into a partnership with National E-Governance Services Limited (NeSL) to issue its inaugural electronic Bank Guarantee (e-BG) through the platform of KMBL.
i. This partnership will enable KMBL to digitize the entire process of issuing and managing Bank Guarantees, which will significantly reduce the turnaround time(TAT) and eliminate the need for paper-based documentation.
ii. NeSL’s Digital Documents Execution (DDE) technology will give real-time access to e-BG.
- According to Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) released by the Standard & Poor (S&P) Global Market Intelligence in October 2023, India will become Asia’s second-largest economy by ________ (year) with a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of USD 7.3 trillion.
5) 2030Answer-5) 2030
According to Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) data of Standard & Poor (S&P) Global Market Intelligence, India will become Asia’s second-largest economy by 2030 with a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of USD 7.3 trillion. India will also become the world’s third-largest economy.
PMI also forecasted that India’s GDP will grow at 6.2-6.3% in the financial year 2023-24 (FY23-24).
i. Top Economies(of the world):
The United States of America(USA) is the world’s largest economy with a GDP of USD 25.5 trillion.
This is followed by China, Japan, and Germany in second, third, and fourth respectively (largest economy) with a GDP of USD 18 Trillion, USD 4.2 trillion, and USD 4 trillion respectively.
ii. Fifth Largest Economy:
India overtook the United Kingdom(UK) and became the fifth-largest economy in the world with a GDP of USD 3.7 trillion.
India is also Asia’s third largest economy after China and Japan.
- Which company has recently (in Oct ‘23) received its 2nd Type certification from Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) for its agricultural drones?
1) Garuda Aerospace Pvt Ltd
2) Paras Aerospace Pvt. Ltd
3) Dhaksha Unmanned Systems Pvt. Ltd
4) Thanos Technologies Pvt. Ltd
5) TechEagle Pvt. LtdAnswer-2) Paras Aerospace Pvt. Ltd
Mumbai(Maharashtra)-based Paras Aerospace Private Limited, a subsidiary of Paras Defence & Space Technologies Limited, has received its 2nd Type certification from Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) for its agricultural drones – “Paras-Agricopter V2.1”. The certification is issued for the MEDIUM Drone Category.
This will allow Paras Aerospace to honour its existing contracts for “Paras-Agricopter V2.1”.
This will also enable Paras to explore new opportunities in the agricultural drone industry.
Previously in April 2023, Paras Aerospace received a “Type Certificate” from DGCA for its Agri Drone “Paras-Agricopter”.
- Name the Indian Cricket Player who has been recently (in Oct ‘23) appointed as the brand ambassador of Lay’s.
1) Virat Kohli
2) Suresh Raina
3) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
4) Shubman Gill
5) Rishabh PantAnswer-3) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (MS Dhoni), Former captain of the Indian Cricket Team, has been appointed as the brand ambassador of PepsiCo India’s potato chips brand Lay’s.
i. As the brand ambassador, he will feature on the ‘No Lay’s, No Game’ campaign of Lay’s and promote the match-viewing experience with Lay’s chips.
ii. The ‘No Lay’s No Game’ is a global campaign associated with football icons Thierry Henry(France) and Lionel Messi(Argentina).
- Which country’s army has recently (in Oct ‘23) conducted a training launch of the Ghauri Weapon System to test the operational and technical readiness of Army Strategic Forces Command (ASFC)?
3) United Arab Emirates
5) PakistanAnswer-5) Pakistan
Pakistan Army successfully conducted a training launch of the Ghauri Weapon System, a medium-range, road-mobile, ballistic missile system indigenously developed by Pakistan, to test the operational and technical readiness of Army Strategic Forces Command (ASFC).
The launch was witnessed by Lieutenant General Muhammad Shahbaz Khan Commander ASFC, senior officers from the strategic forces, scientists, and engineers of the strategic organisation.
The Ghauri Weapon System is capable of carrying both conventional and nuclear warheads and has a reported range of approximately 1,300 to 1,500 kilometers.
The missile system aims to strengthen deterrence and enhance strategic stability in the region through “the operationalization of Full Spectrum Deterrence in the overall construct of Credible Minimum Deterrence”.
The test aimed to revalidate the design and technical parameters of the system including the advanced post-separation attitude correction system for anti- ballistic missile defense (BMD) and an advanced terminal and mid-course navigation system.
- The ________ Raising Day of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) observed across the globe on 24th October 2023.
5) 60thAnswer-4) 62nd
Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) Raising day is annually celebrated on 24th October to mark the establishment of the ITBP, a Central Armed Police Force functioning under the Ministry of Home Affairs(MHA), in 1962.
The day also honour the dedication of the ITBP in safeguarding the security of borders of India and promoting a sense of security among the people living in border areas.
24th October 2023 marks the observance of the 62nd ITBP Raising Day.
i. ITBP was established on October 24, 1962, to reorganise the intelligence and security arrangements along the Indo-Tibetan border. It was raised in the aftermath of the 1962 Chinese aggression.
Initially, the force commenced with the sanction of only 4 Battalions and operated under the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Act, 1949.
.In 1992, the ITBP Force Act was passed by Parliament, leading to the framing of corresponding rules in 1994.
The Crest of the ITBP showed a national emblem, i.e. Ashoka’s Lion Capital, mounted on the Chakra crossed by 2 loaded rifles depicting the valor and readiness of the Force.
- The United Nations (UN)’s Disarmament Week 2023 is being observed across the globe from ___________, 2023.
1) 21st to 27th October
2) 24th to 30th October
3) 22nd to 28th October
4) 25 to 31st October
5) 23rd to 19th OctoberAnswer-2) 24th to 30th October
The United Nations (UN)’s Disarmament Week is annually observed across the globe in the week starting on 24 October, the anniversary of the founding of the UN, to spread awareness of disarmament initiatives that have been historically used by countries throughout the world to establish international peace and security.
The UN Disarmament Week 2023 is observed from 24-30 October, 2023.
The annual event of Disarmament Week is organized by the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA).
i. UNODA, the UN’s Disarmament body established in January 1998 as the Department for Disarmament Affairs.