AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 26 October 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 –Click Here to Download the APP
- Which Ministry recently (in Oct’21) notified ‘Indian Telegraph Right of Way (Amendment) Rules, 2021’?
1) Ministry of Finance
2) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
3) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
4) Ministry of Road Transport & Highways
5) Ministry of Communications
Answer-5) Ministry of Communications
The Department of Telecom, Ministry of Communication notified ‘Indian Telegraph Right of Way (Amendment) Rules, 2021’ to ease the rollout of communications networks by fixing nominal one-time fee at Rs 1,000 per kilometer.
i. It will have a uniform procedure for establishment of Overground Telegraph Line.
- Who became the 1st black woman to be awarded 2021’s ‘Peace Prize of the German Book Trade’?
1) Octavia Butler
2) Safia Elhillo
3) Nikki Giovanni
4) Yaa Gyasi
5) Tsitsi Dangarembga
Answer-5) Tsitsi Dangarembga
Association of German book publishers and booksellers, awarded the 2021 Peace Prize of the German Book Trade to the Zimbabwean author and a filmmaker Tsitsi Dangarembga for a “new Enlightenment”. Dangarembga is the first black woman to win the German Peace Prize.
- Identify the Country that recently (in Oct’21) successfully tested hypersonic missile technology that can fly more than 5 times the speed of sound.
The United States of America (USA) tested hypersonic weapon component prototypes at a NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) facility in Wallops, Virginia.
i. Hypersonic missiles can fly more than 5 times the speed of sound or about 3,853 miles per hour (6,200 kph).
- Name the Racing Driver who won the ‘Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix 2021’.
1) Valtteri Bottas
2) Sergio Perez
3) Max Verstappen
4) Sebastian Vettel
5) Lewis Hamilton
Answer-3) Max Verstappen
Belgian-Dutch Racing driver, Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing-Honda) won the 2021 United States Grand Prix (officially known as the Formula 1 Aramco United States Grand Prix 2021) by defeating Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) of the United Kingdom.
- Who became the 1st Frenchman to win the ‘MotoGP World Championship’?
1) Christian Sarron
2) Olivier Jacque
3) Jorge Lorenzo
4) Fabio Quartararo
5) Pol Espargaro
Answer-– 4) Fabio Quartararo
Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP’s Team, Fabio Quartararo became the ‘2021 FIM MotoGP World Championship’, by winning the 2021 Emilia Romagna motorcycle Grand Prix.
i. Fabio Quartararo became the 1stFrenchman to win the MotoGP World Championship.
- Who authored the book titled “Kamala Harris: Phenomenal Woman”?
1) P Sainath
2) Megha Rajagopalan
3) Chidanand Rajghatta
4) R Giridharan
5) Harsha Bhogle
Answer-3) Chidanand Rajghatta
Renowned journalist and writer Chidanand Rajghatta authored a new book “Kamala Harris: Phenomenal Woman”, a biography of Kamala Harris, the first women Vice President of the United States of America(USA).
• The Horse That Flew: How India’s Silicon Gurus Spread Their Wings
• IlliberalIndia: Gauri Lankesh and the Age of Unreason.
- ‘United Nations(UN) Day’ is annually observed across the globe on ___________ to mark the establishment of the UN in __________.
1) 22nd October; 1945
2) 22nd October; 1955
3) 24th October; 1945
4) 24th October; 1955
5) 26th October; 1945
Answer-3) 24th October; 1945
The United Nations(UN) Day is annually observed across the globe on 24th October to mark the anniversary of the establishment of the UN in 1945. The concert was held on 21st October 2021 under the theme “Building Back Together for Peace and Prosperity”.
About the United Nations(UN):
Secretary-General– António Guterres
Member states– 193
- Which of the following point(s) are Correct with respect to ‘World Polio Day’?
A) World Polio Day is annually observed across the globe on October 26th.
B) This day marks the birth anniversary of ‘Jonas Salk’ who developed the first successful polio vaccines.
C) The theme of 2021’s World Polio Day is “Stories of Progress: Past and Present”.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Both A & B
5) Both A & C
Answer-2) Only B
i. World Polio Day is annually observed across the globe on October 24th to create awareness about the importance of the efforts to eradicate poliomyelitis (polio).
ii. This day marks the birth anniversary of ‘Jonas Salk’ who developed the first successful polio vaccines.
iii. Theme of 2021 – “One Day. One Focus: Ending Polio – delivering on our promise of a polio-free world!”
- Which Railway Station was renamed to ‘Ayodhya Cantt’ by the Uttar Pradesh government?
1) Mughalsarai Railway Station
2) Sultanpur Railway Junction
3) Muzaffarpur Railway Junction
4) Faizabad Railway Junction
5) Gorakhpur Railway Junction
Answer-4) Faizabad Railway Junction
The Uttar Pradesh (UP) government approved the proposal to change the name of Faizabad railway junction to Ayodhya Cantt (Cantonment). In 2018, the UP government renamed the districts Faizabad and Allahabad into Ayodhya and Prayagraj.
i. In 2017, the central government approved its proposal to rename the Mughalsarai railway station as the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya station.
- Who coined the name, ‘United Nations’?
1) Harry S. Truman
2) Charles de Gaulle
3) Albert Lebrun
4) Franklin D. Roosevelt
5) Winston Churchill
Answer-4) Franklin D. Roosevelt
The name “United Nations”, coined by United States 32nd President Franklin D. Roosevelt.