AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 26 May 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
Our Current Affairs March 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- In May 2022, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) launched the 8th edition of Swachh Survekshan 2023 (SS 2023) under Swachh Bharat Mission Urban 2.0 with the Theme of ______.
1) Valuing cleanliness
2) Plastic Waste-free India
3) Clean India
4) Waste to Wealth
5) Garbage free IndiaAnswer-4) Waste to Wealth
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) launched the 8th edition of Swachh Survekshan 2023 (SS 2023) under Swachh Bharat Mission Urban 2.0 (SBMU 2.0). It is an annual cleanliness survey with the theme of “Waste to Wealth” for garbage free cities.
i. The SS 2023 would be in-line with the vision Garbage free cities, as enumerated in SBMU 2.0 launched on 1st October 2021. The theme of SS 2023 is also aligned to SBMU 2.0’s commitment of promoting circularity in waste management, which is one of key objectives under the Mission.
- The Foreign Investment Facilitation Portal (FIF Portal) completes five years since the Abolition of Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) on 24th May 2017.
The FIF Portal under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Finance
2) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
3) Ministry of Home Affairs
4) Ministry of External Affairs
5) Ministry of Corporate AffairsAnswer-2) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
The Foreign Investment Facilitation Portal (FIF Portal), under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, has turned five years since its inception by abolishing the erstwhile Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) on 24th May 2017.
i. So far 853 Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) proposals have been disposed of through the FIF Portal.
ii. The FIF Portal is an online single window portal, responsible for processing of FDI in India.
- Which bank recently (in May’22) partnered with Mahagram to enhance the digital payments ecosystem?
1) YES Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) IndusInd Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) ICICI BankAnswer- 3) IndusInd Bank
Mahagram, a rural financial technology (FinTech) company that connects neighbourhood merchants to banking services, has teamed up with IndusInd Bank to improve India’s digital payments ecosystem.
i. In the current fiscal year (2022–23), the partnership intends to enroll 15 million (1.5 crore) small merchants to the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) Quick Response (QR).
ii. The partnership will aid in increasing financial inclusion, promoting socio-economic development, reducing the risks of a shadow economy, and hastening the transition to a cashless society.
- Which company recently (as of May’22) surpassed Apple Inc. to become the world’s most valuable company?
1) Tesla, Inc
2) Saudi Aramco
3) Alphabet Inc.
5) Microsoft CorporationAnswer-2) Saudi Aramco
Oil giant Saudi Aramco has surpassed Apple Inc. to become the world’s most valuable company due to the recent surge in oil prices.
i. Aramco traded near its highest level on record with a market capitalization of about USD 2.43 trillion, surpassing that of Apple for the first time since 2020. Apple Inc. fell 5.2% to close at USD 146.50 per share, giving it a valuation of USD 2.37 trillion.
- Who recently (in May ’22) received the Bangla Academy Award for the “Kabita Bitan” book?
1) Mamata Banerjee
2) Samaresh Majumdar
3) Ratna Rashid Banerjee
4) Taslima Nasrin
5) Debesh RoyAnswer- 1) Mamata Banerjee
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee received the Bangla Academy Award for her ‘relentless literary pursuit’. The award was presented for her book “Kabita Bitan”, which pays tribute to the best writers of West Bengal and the book contains a collection of over 900 poems.
i. The Bangla Academy Award was introduced in 2022 by Sahitya Akademi and the book, ‘Kabita Bitan’, was released at the 2020 International Kolkata Book Fair.
ii. The Award was received by state Education Minister Bratya Basu on behalf of Mamata Banerjee.
- Who was recently (in May ’22) elected as the Director-General (DG) of the World Health Organisation (WHO) for a 5-year term?
1) QU Dongyu
2) Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
3) Kristalina Georgieva
4) Margaret Chan
5) Anders NordströmAnswer-2) Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
The World Health Organisation (WHO) member states has re-elected Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus for a second 5-year term as the Director-General (DG) of WHO. His new mandate as DG will officially commence on August 16 2022. His re-election was confirmed during the 75th World Health Assembly (WHA) in Geneva, Switzerland.
i. Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus was first elected as DG of WHO in 2017 and he is an Ethiopian public health researcher and first African to hold the DG post.
ii. As per the World Health Assembly rules and procedures a Director-General can be re-appointed only once.
- Name the personality who was recently (in May ’22) appointed as the Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of IndiGo with the effect from 1st October 2022.
1) Viraj Mehta
2) Rahul Bhatia
3) Ronojoy Dutta
4) Rohini Bhatia
5) Pieter ElbersAnswer- 5) Pieter Elbers
IndiGo, India’s largest domestic carrier has appointed Pieter Elbers as its new Chief Executive Officer(CEO). His appointment subjected to regulatory approvals will be effective from on or before October 1, 2022.
i. He will replace incumbent Ronojoy Dutta(71-year-old) who has decided to retire on 30th September 2022.
ii. Pieter Elbers, hailing from Schiedam, The Netherlands, has served as the President and CEO of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and he is also a member of the Executive committee of the Air France – KLM Group.
- In May 2022, GIC Private Limited acquired a ________ stake in Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail (ABFRL) for Rs 2,195 crore.
5) 7.2%Answer- 1) 7.5%
GIC Private Limited, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, is acquiring a 7.5% equity stake in Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail (ABFRL) for Rs 2,195 crore. GIC will invest Rs.770 crore at first stage, while the remaining cost of Rs. 1,425 crore would be done within 18 months. After the investment, Aditya Birla Group will hold a controlling stake of 51.9% in the company.
i. GIC Private Limited acts as the Singapore Government’s fund manager and was established by the Government of Singapore in 1981 to manage Singapore’s foreign reserves.
ii. The company aims to preserve and enhance the international purchasing power of the reserves.
- Who authored the book, Listen to Your Heart: The London Adventure?
1) Kiran Desai
2) Vikram Seth
3) Sudha Murty
4) Ruskin Bond
5) Arundhati RoyAnswer-4) Ruskin Bond
A new book titled “Listen to Your Heart: The London Adventure” authored by Ruskin Bond, was published by Penguin Random House India (PRHI) on Ruskin Bond’s 88th birthday (19th May 2022).
i. Ruskin Bond, India’s famous Children’s book author and his Awards are: Sahitya Akademi Award for English writing in India in 1993, Padma Shri in 1999 and Padma Bhushan in 2014, Delhi government’s Lifetime Achievement Award in 2012.
Note- Ruskin Bond’s First Book – The Room on the Roof.
- What is the theme of World Thyroid Day 2022 that was observed around the globe on 25th May 2022?
1) Thyroid and Brave
2) It’s not you. It’s your thyroid
3) Thyroid and Communication
4) Mother-Baby Iodine
5) Close the care gapAnswer-3) Thyroid and Communication
World Thyroid Day 2022 was observed across the globe on 25th May 2022 with the theme of “Thyroid and Communication”.
i. The day was observed to create awareness about the vital roles of the thyroid and to educate the general public on the treatment and prevention of thyroid diseases. Blue paisley ribbon is the international symbol of thyroid awareness.
ii. The International Thyroid Awareness Week is annually observed across the globe on the 4th Week of May and the International Thyroid Awareness Week 2022 is observed from 25th to 31st May.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification