AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 26 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
Date-Wise Current Affairs March 2020 PDF(Content & Q&A) for Paid Users – Click Here to Know More
Questions Based on Current Affairs 26 March 2020
- Which is the 1st Indian state that launches assessment tool partnered with Innovaccer Inc. for COVID-19.
5) KeralaAnswer-1) Goa
Goa health minister Vishwajit Rane launched Test Yourself Goa, a self-assessment tool for COVID-19 to help people identify if they are infected by the virus without visiting a doctor or hospital. Goa has partnered with Innovaccer Inc, a United States (US)-based healthcare data analytics company, to launch the tool.
- Which Indian state government launched the “Mo Jeeban (My Life) Programme” to keep everyone safe in the state due to the dangerous spread of the virus.
5) West BengalAnswer-2) Odisha
Odisha Chief Minister (CM) Naveen Patnaik launched “Mo Jeeban (My Life) Programme” and urged people to take a pledge to stay indoors.The programme was launched due to the Coronavirus (COVID- 19) outbreak.
- Mayiladuthurai has become the 38th district of which Indian state?
1) Andhra Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
5) KarnatakaAnswer-3) Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister(CM) EdappadiPalaniswamy announced at the Legislative Assembly that Nagapattinam district will be bifurcated and a new district (38th) will be formed with its headquarters at Mayiladuthurai.
- Name the Indian state which becomes 1st state to impose curfew after lockdown fails.
4) Tamil Nadu
5) KeralaAnswer-1) Punjab
After the lockdown became ineffective, Punjab Chief Minister (CM) Captain Amarinder Singh has ordered an indefinite curfew across the state. With this, it becomes the 1st state in the country to take drastic measure to stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). After Punjab,the Chandigarh Union Territory (UT) Administration has also imposed curfew in the city to check the spread of virus.
- The IRSDC with support from Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation is developing a 1st of its kind “Form Based Codes” for the development of railway land. Where is the HQ of IRSDC located?
2) New Delhi
5) ChennaiAnswer-2) New Delhi
Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Limited (IRSDC) with support from Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation is developing a 1st of its kind “Form Based Codes” for the development of railway land.
- The Union Labour Minister has directed state/UT governments to pay 3.5 Cr construction workers from _______ construction cess collected by the Labour Welfare Boards.
1) 69,000 Cr
2) 58,000 Cr
3) 49,000 Cr
4) 37,000 Cr
5) 52,000 CrAnswer-5) 52,000 Cr
Amid the impact on the construction sector due to Coronavirus epidemic, Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar, the Union Minister of State (Mos) for Labour and Employment, has issued an advisory under Section 60 of the Building and Other Construction Workers (BOCW) Act, 1996 to all the state and UT (Union Territory) governments to provide financial aid to nearly 3.5 crore construction workers from Rs 52,000-crore construction cess collected by the Labour Welfare Boards.
- How much has been allocated for Health care by central government to combat COVID-19.
1) 10,000 Cr
2) 5,000 Cr
3) 15,000 Cr
4) 20,000 Cr
5) 25,000 CrAnswer-3) 15,000 Cr
For quick set, up health infrastructure to deal with the pandemic, Centre has allocated 15,000 crores for the purchase of personal protection equipment for healthcare workers, increasing the number of beds, testing kits, setting up testing laboratories and quarantine centres, and training of professionals to combat the disease.
- Under which scheme, the COVID-19 is tested and treated in India?
1) AamAadmiBima Yojana
2) Central Government Health Scheme
3) BhamashahSwasthyaBima Yojana
4) Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
5) Karunya Health SchemeAnswer-4) Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
Amid the growing outbreak of Corona virus (COVID-19) in India, National Health Authority (NHA), which is responsible for the implementation of the Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJA) has to bring the cost of testing and treatment of corona virus infection under the ambit of this scheme.
- Name the world organisation which has launched “Global Network Resiliency Platform” to remain safer and stronger during COVID-19 crisis.
1) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
2) International Development Association
3) International Telecommunications Union
4) International Monetary Fund
5) World Economic ForumAnswer-3) International Telecommunications Union
The International Telecommunications Union (ITU) launched a “Global Network Resiliency Platform” to help global networks remain “safer, stronger and more connected” during the COVID-19 crisis.
- The WHO has initiated the main trial of ‘Solidarity’ promising drugs that may cure COVID-19. Which among the following drugs are part of the trial?
2) Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine
3) Combination of lopinavir and ritonavir
4) Ritonavir/lopinavir plus interferon-beta
5) All of the AboveAnswer-5) All of the Above
In accordance with the Science Magazine report, on March 24, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) has started a mega trial namely “Solidarity” of four most promising drugs that may cure the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The trial consists of study, testing, and development of antidote against coronavirus through four most promising therapies which are as follows:Remdesivir, Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, Combination of lopinavir and ritonavir, Ritonavir/lopinavir plus interferon-beta.
- Name the Small Finance Bank which along with NPCI launched UPI QR-based loan instalment payment facility.
1) Ujjivan SFB
2) AU SFB
3) Jana SFB
4) Capital SFB
5) Suryoday SFBAnswer-3) Jana SFB
Jana Small Finance Bank (SFB),a leading digitized bank in partnership with National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI), has launched a UPI QR-based loan instalment payment facility to its existing 40 lakh plus customers & 5crore micro finance agencies.
- How much has been advanced by RBI for variable rate repo action to March 26 from March 30?
1) 20.000 Cr
2) 30,000 Cr
3) 25,000 Cr
4) 10,000 Cr
5) 15,000 CrAnswer-3) 25,000 Cr
Now-a-days Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is taking important measures to ensure standard operations to maintain liquidity flow in the disrupted conditions caused by Covid-19 (Coronavirus). As a part of these measures, RBI has advanced its first of the two Rs 25,000 crore variable rate repo auctions to March 26, 2020 from March 30. It will provide flexibility to the banking system in year-end liquidity management. It should be noted that RBI was going to maketwo such auctions of Rs25,000 crore each on March 30 and March 31 to address the additional demand for liquidity. There is no change in the auction scheduled for March 31, 2020.
- India Invest has launched “The Invest India Business Immunity Platform” to minimise the impacts & crisis in business due to COVID-19. It comes under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Women and Child Development
2) Ministry of Health and Family welfare
3) Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer’s welfare
4) Ministry of Finance
5) Ministry of Commerce and IndustryAnswer- 5) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Invest India, India’s national Investment Promotion & Facilitation Agency, under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI), launched “The Invest India Business Immunity Platform” to minimise the impacts & crisis in business due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The platform was hosted on the Invest India website, providing the latest initiative of the State and Central Governments.
- The Central government has raised the threshold for invoking insolvency under IBC from 1 lakh to __________.
1) 10 Lakh
2) 1 Crore
3) 25 Crore
4) 50 Crore
5) 5 CroreAnswer-2) 1 Crore
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC): The existing threshold of default hiked to Rs1 crore from Rs 1 Lakh under section 4 of the IBC 2016to protect MSMEs (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises).
- Iqbal Singh Bains has been appointed as the Chief Secretary of which state?
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) HaryanaAnswer-4) Madhya Pradesh
Iqbal Singh Bains was appointed as Madhya Pradesh (MP) Chief Secretary by the newly-sworn Chief Minister (CM) Shivraj Singh Chouhan of the state. He was the successor of CS M Gopal Reddy.
- Name the COVID-19 self-screening Bot, which was the product of Microsoft’s Azure Healthcare and US CDC foundation.
5) ClaraAnswer-5) Clara
The US (United States) Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) partnered with CDC Foundation and Microsoft’s Azure healthcare bot service has introduced an AI (Artificial Intelligence) based bot named “Clara” [the coronavirus self-checker]. The bot is currently available in the US on the CDS website.
- Name the virus other than COVID-19 which cause death in Yunnan province of China.
1) Norwalk virus
2) Ebola virus
3) Hanta virus
4) Mega virus
5) Dengue virusAnswer-3) Hanta virus
After a deadly Coronavirus, now a death has been reported in China’s Yunnan province due to Hantavirus infection, a virus spread from rodents. Rodents are a type of small mammal with sharp front teeth which include mouse, squirrel, or beaver, hamster etc. However, this is not a new virus and it does not spread from person to person.After a deadly Coronavirus, now a death has been reported As per United States’ (US) Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC),Hantavirusis spread mainly by rodents and can cause hantavirus pulmonary syndrome (HPS), and haemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS) to the infected person. China’s Yunnan province due to Hantavirus infection, a virus spread from rodents. Rodents are a type of small mammal with sharp front teeth which include mouse, squirrel, or beaver, hamster etc. However, this is not a new virus and it does not spread from person to person.
- The Tokyo Olympics was postponed for 2021 (1st time in 124yrs because of virus) by International Olympics Committee (IOC). Who is the present president of IOC?
1) Shinzo Abe
2) Jacques Rogge
3) Nita Ambani
4) Llewellyn Smith
5) Thomas BachAnswer-5) Thomas Bach
Japan ‘s Prime Minister (PM) Shinzo Abe and the President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Thomas Bach have agreed to postpone the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games for a year due to the worldwide coronavirus pandemic. Now the Tokyo Olympics, which is scheduled on July 24 – August 9, 2020 will take place in 2021 and the new dates will be announced later.This is the first time in the Olympics’ 124-year history that it has been postponed due to virus, because earlier the Olympic Games have been canceled only because of world war.
- Name the person who authored the book “Missing in Action: The Prisoners Who Never Came Back”.
1) Meghna Pant
2) Meena Kandasamy
3) ChanderSuta Dogra
4) Palash Krishna Mehrotra
5) Ira TrivediAnswer-3) ChanderSuta Dogra
Senior Journalist ChanderSuta Dogra launched her 2nd book- “Missing in Action: The Prisoners Who Never Came Back” relies on de-classified records of the Ministry of External Affairs & other sources. It is published by Harpercollins.
- Alberto AleandroUderzo the co-creater of Asterix cartoon passed away recently. He belongs to which country?
5) DenmarkAnswer-1) France
Alberto AleandroUderzo, French comic book artist, scriptwriter, the co-creator and illustrator of the “Asterix and Obelix” comics passed away at the age of 92 in Neuilly-sur-Seine, France. He was born on April 25, 1927 in Fismes, France.
- When was the International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade celebrated every year?
1) March 23
2) March 18
3) March 15
4) March 12
5) March 25Answer-5) March 25
The International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade observed annually on March 25 to honour and remember those who suffered & died at the hands of brutal slavery system.The 2020 Theme of the day is “Confronting Slavery’s Legacy of Racism Together”
- The International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members is observed every year on __________.
1) March 25
2) April 17
3) May 22
4) July 28
5) August 29Answer-1) March 25
The International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members is observed every year on March 25 by the United Nations (UN).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The ‘L’ in SLF denotes? Answer-Liquidity
Standing Liquidity Facility (SLF)
- Where is the HQ of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) located? Answer-New Delhi
- Who is the present Director of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)? Answer-Dr. Balram Bhargava
- Where is the HQ of International Telecommunication Union (ITU) located? Answer-Geneva, Switzerland
- Kuril Islands is in which country? Answer-Russia
Recently, Tsunami warnings after magnitude 7.8 quake strikes near Russia’s Kuril Islands.
- Where is the HQ of Jana Small finance bank located? Answer-Bengaluru, Karnataka
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]