AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 26 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- What is the % increase in TB patients in 2019 when compared to 2018 as per “India TB Report 2020” released by Central TB Division of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare?
5) 11%Answer-4) 14%
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare’s (MoHFW) Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan and its Minister of State (MoS), Ashwini Kumar Choubey launched the Annual “India TB (Tuberculosis) Report 2020” through a virtual event which is released by Central TB Division (CTD), MoHFW. The salient feature of 2020 report is that for the first time CTD introduced a quarterly ranking on TB elimination efforts by all the states and UTs. In accordance with the report, there were around 24.04 lakh TB patients in 2019, a 14% increase in as compared to the year 2018.
- Which is the best performing state (more than 50 lakh population) in controlling TB as per “India TB (Tuberculosis) Report 2020”?
1) Tamil Nadu
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) Himachal PradeshAnswer-3) Gujarat
Rank State Larger states with more than 50 lakh population 1 Gujarat 2 Andhra Pradesh 3 Himachal Pradesh
- Which organization has partnered with International Transport Forum of OECD to launch decarbonizing transport project in India?
1) Finance Commission
2) Reserve Bank of India
3) NITI Aayog
4) National Development Council
5) None of theseAnswer-3) NITI Aayog
The NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog and the International Transport Forum(ITF) of OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) launched the ‘Decarbonizing Transport in Engineering Economies’ (DTEE) project in India.
- Union minister Jitendra Singh has inaugurated” Puneja Bridge” & “Devika Bridge” constructed by BRO. Both the bridges located in which state/UT?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
2) Jammu & Kashmir
5) GoaAnswer-2) Jammu & Kashmir
Union Minister of State (MoS) (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space Jitendra Singh inaugurated”Puneja Bridge” in Doda district and “Devika Bridge” in Udhampur district in Jammu & Kashmir over a virtual platform.
- Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship along with which company jointly launched free digital learning platforms ‘SkillsBuild Reignite’ and ‘SkillsBuild Innovation Camp’.
5) InfosysAnswer-1) IBM
Directorate General of Training (DGT), under the aegis of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and Technology giant IBM (International Business Machines Corporation) India Private Limited,have jointly launched free digital learning platforms ‘SkillsBuild Reignite’ and ‘SkillsBuild Innovation Camp’ to provide more new resources to job seekers and business owners in India through BharatSkills learning platform (https://bharatskills.gov.in) of DGT.
- The Cabinet has also approved 2% interest subvention scheme to all Shishu loan accounts under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY). The scheme will be implemented by which organization?
1) Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank)
2) Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
3) National Housing Bank (NHB)
4) Industrial Finance Corporation of India (IFCI)
5) India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL)Answer-2) Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
The Cabinet has also approved a scheme for interest subvention of 2% for a period of 12 months to all Shishu loan accounts under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) to eligible borrowers w.e.f. June 01, 2020 till May 31, 2021. The estimated cost of the Scheme is approximately Rs 1,542 crore and will be implemented through the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI).
- In accordance with cabinet approval the urban and multi-state cooperative banks will function under the supervision of which organization?
1) Finance Commission (FC)
2) National Institution for Transforming India(NITI) Aayog
3) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
4) National Development Council (NDC)
5) Central Social Welfare Board (CSWB)Answer-3) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
The Cabinet has approved an ordinance to bring nearly 1,482 urban and 58 multi state cooperative banks under the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) supervision. Therefore, RBI’s power applied to scheduled banks, will now apply for cooperative banks as well. This information has been revealed by Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar.
- Who is the chairman of the commission formulated under Article 340 of the constitution to examine the issue of Sub-categorization of OBCs?
1) D. P. Singh
3) G. Rohini
4) Vivek Joshi
5) NK SinghAnswer-3) G. Rohini
Cabinet has approved the further extension of the term of the Commission formulated under Article 340 of the constitution to examine the issue of Sub-categorization of Other Backward Classes (OBCs), by 6 months i.e. upto January 31, 2021 from earlier July 31, 2020.In October 2017, the commission was instituted under the chairmanship of Justice (Retd.) G. Rohini.
- The cabinet has recently (June 2020) approved participation of private parties in which sector?
5) MSMEAnswer-4) Space
In a major reform, the Union Cabinet has approved the participation of the private sector in the entire range of space activities, including planetary exploration missions. This information has been revealed by Minister of State (MoS) for Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) Jitendra Singh. The Department of Space comes under the PMO. As a part of this approval, the newly-created Indian National Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre (IN-SPACe) will guide private enterprise participation in space activities and the use of the country’s space infrastructure. Also, the Public Sector Enterprise (PSE) ‘New Space India Limited (NSIL)’ will endeavour to re-orient space activities from a ‘supply driven’ model to a ‘demand driven’ model, to ensure optimum utilization of our space assets.
- Which organization released report titled “Inclusion and Education: All Means All”?
5) WHOAnswer-3) UNESCO
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization’s (UNESCO) Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report Team launched its 2020 Report on “Inclusion and Education: All Means All”, assessing the progress towards the Sustainable Developments Goal 4 on education and other SDG agendas related to education.
- Which country will take over presidency of FATF from July 2020 for a year?
5) FranceAnswer-1) Germany
Financial Action Task Force(FATF) in its 3rd and final plenary meeting under the Chinese Presidency of Xiangmin Liu over a virtual platform, retained Pakistan on the grey list till October 2020, for failing to prosecute and penalize terrorist financing in the country before the deadline fixed by FATF. Note: Germany will take over the presidency of the FATF from July, 2020 for a year.
- MukhyamantriMatru Pushti Uphaar scheme was launched by which state?
5) SikkimAnswer-2) Tripura
Tripura government has launched MukhyamantriMatru Pushti Uphaar scheme to provide nutrition kits to pregnant and lactating women. The scheme is a part of the state’s efforts to fight malnutrition and maternal mortality. The scheme was announced by state Minister for Social Welfare and Social Education Santana Chakma.
- Which state government has launched KapuNestham scheme to provide financial support to women of Kapu community?
1) Tamil Nadu
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) Himachal PradeshAnswer-4) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the KapuNestham scheme to provide financial support of Rs 75000/- (Rs 15000/- per annum) to women of Kapu community. The objective of the scheme is to financially empower Kapu women by enhancing their livelihood and living standards with financial assistance.
- “KumharSashaktikaran Yojana” is the scheme launched by which organization?
1) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development(NABARD)
2) National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC)
3) Small Industries Development Bank of India(SIDBI)
4) Khadi and Village Industries Commission(KVIC)
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Khadi and Village Industries Commission(KVIC)
The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) recently launched its flagship “KumharSashaktikaran Yojana” in Rajasthan’s Pokhran, where India conducted its first nuclear test, to restore the lost glory of the pottery site.
- What will be the GDP of India in 2020 as per estimation of International Monetary Fund (IMF)?
5) -3.9%Answer-4) -4.5%
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) in the June 2020 update “A Crisis Like No Other, An Uncertain Recovery” of its flagship World Economic Outlook (WEO), has predicted that the Indian economy will have a big 4.5 % contraction in 2020 and it will come down to a historic low.At the same time, the IMF has reported a global growth rate of negative 4.9 % in 2020,which is 1.9 % points lower than the estimate made in April 2020 World Economic Outlook (WEO) forecast. For 2021, growth rate is expected to be 5.4 %.
- Which country has awarded Project Management Consultancy (PMC) Contract of 500 MW Solar Park to NTPC?
1) Ivory Coast
5) MaliAnswer-5) Mali
The Republic of Mali awarded the Project Management Consultancy (PMC) contract for the development of a 500 MW solar park in Mali to NTPC Limited (formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited).
- Who among the following was named as ambassadors for the 45th edition of Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) 2020?
1) Priyanka Chopra
2) Deepika Padukone
3) Anurag Kashyap
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)Answer-5) Both 1) and 3)
Actor Priyanka Chopra and Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap named among the 50 ambassadors for the 45th edition of Toronto International Film Festival(TIFF) 2020, which is to be held virtually. The festival will take place from September 10-19 with physical screenings and drive-ins, digital screenings, virtual red carpets, press conferences and industry talks. This is the 1st time TIFF will launch a digital platform for the festival, offering new opportunities to connect with audiences beyond Toronto. TIFF has partnered with Shift72 to develop the online platform.
- Who has become the 1st female president of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) in 233-years (with effect from October 1, 2021)?
1) Heather Knight
2) Kate Cross
3) Clare Connor
4) Georgia Elwiss
5) Katherine BruntAnswer-3) Clare Connor
Former England Women Cricket Captain Clare Connor(43-year-old), an all-rounder, becomes the 1st female president of Marylebone Cricket Club(MCC) in 233 years. Her tenure will begin on October 1, 2021, and will end on September 30, 2022. She will succeed Kumar Sangakkara.
- Sanjay Kumar was appointed as the chief secretary of which state?
5) KeralaAnswer-2) Maharashtra
Maharashtra government has appointed the current Additional Chief Secretary, Sanjay Kumar as its Chief Secretary. He will take up the charge on July 1. He will succeed Ajoy Mehta who will retire on 30 June. Ajoy Mehta has been named as the Principal Advisor to the Chief Minister(CM) Uddhav Thackeray & will take this position on July 1.
- KK Shailaja who was honored by UN on Public Service Day (June 23) is the health minister of which state?
1) Tamil Nadu
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-2) Kerala
The United Nations gave recognition to the achievement of the state in fighting Covid-19 on its Public Service Day, celebrated on June 23. Health Minister KK Shailaja (Kerala’s health secretary) was the lone speaker from the country to speak about the strategies adopted by the state.
- Which country has hosted RIC Foreign Minister-level virtual conference (Indian delegation attended by EAM Jaishankar)?
5) BangladeshAnswer-4) Russia
Russia-India-China (RIC) Foreign Minister-level virtual conference was held following the cross border clash between Indian and Chinese troops in Galwan Valley in Ladakh on June 15, 2020, where India lost 20 Army personnel. It was the biggest ever confrontation between the two sides after a gap of 45 years. The conference was hosted by Moscow, Russia. From Indian side, External Affairs Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar participated in the meet. Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov were the other two participants of the conference.
- Which is India’s 1st airport to get an indigenously-developed Aviation Weather Monitoring System (AWMS)?
1) Biju Patnaik International Airport
2) Kempegowda International Airport
3) Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
4) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
5) Veer Savarkar International AirportAnswer-2) Kempegowda International Airport
Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru(KIAB/ BLR Airport) becomes the 1st airport in India to get an indigenously-developed Aviation Weather Monitoring System (AWMS) at both ends of the runway. AWMS is installed by Bangalore International Airport(BIAL). The technology is developed by Bengaluru-based CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL).
- Find the world’s 1st country which used drone mounted ULV sprayer for locust control.
5) UAEAnswer-1) India
Under the Make in India initiative the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers’ Welfare (DAC&FW) has initiated to develop a vehicle mounted ultra-low volume (ULV) sprayer for locust control to reduce the limitations of importing equipment. Note: India is to be the first country in the world to control desert locusts using drones.
- When was International day of seafarer observed annually?
1) June 24
2) June 27
3) June 25
4) June 23
5) June 26Answer-3) June 25
The International Day of the Seafarer is observed annually on June 25 as a tribute to the Seafarers and sailors who are essential to global trade and transport. The day aims to raise awareness about the dangers of sea travel, like piracy. This year marks the 10th edition.To support the campaign, a webinar on the theme “Seafarers are key workers: Essential to shipping, essential to the world”.
- World Vitiligo Day was observed every year on ________.
1) 28th June
2) 26th June
3) 30th June
4) 27th June
5) 25th JuneAnswer-5) 25th June
25th June of every year is observed as World Vitiligo Day as a campaign to raise awareness about vitiligo and to recognize the challenges, bullying, social neglect and psychological trauma faced by the people who have this disease.
- Which ministry along with Indian red cross launched “eBloodServices” mobile app?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Finance
3) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
4) Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
5) Ministry of Minority AffairsAnswer-3) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
In order to save the needy from anemia in the midst of the coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic, Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan has launched ‘eBloodServices ‘mobile app developed by the ERaktkosh team of C-DAC (Development of Advanced Computing) India for easy access to blood needed for transfusion. The mobile app is an initiative of the Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) with the aim of ‘Safe blood saves lives’ will be available in entire Delhi-NCR initially.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Ambubachi Mela is the annual Hindu mela held at which state?
1) Tamil Nadu
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-4) Assam
Ambubachi Mela is an annual fair organised at Guwahati’s (Assam) Kamakhya Temple.Ambubachi, the festival marking the annual ‘menstruation’ of the presiding Goddess, began at the Kamakhya temple on June 22 without mendicants, hermits and devotees for the first time in almost 500 years.
- The ‘Friendship Peak’ on PirPanjal range is located in which state?
1) Jammu & Kashmir
3) Himachal Pradesh
4) Arunachal Pradesh
5) LadakhAnswer-3) Himachal Pradesh
Kieren D’Souza is a tired man. Only a few days ago, he finished a gruelling 5,289-metre trail run on the PirPanjal mountain range in Himachal Pradesh. While most climbers take around six days to scale ‘Friendship Peak’, Kieren did it in just under 12 hours.
- Which is the world’s highest salt water lake?
1) Great Salt Lake
2) Baikal Lake
3) Erie Lake
4) Victoria Lake
5) Pangong LakeAnswer-5) Pangong Lake
Pangong Lake (which is in news recently due to India-China face-off) lies cradled between India (at Ladakh) and China is situated at an altitude of almost 4,350m above sea level, this blue water body is the world’s highest saltwater lake.
- Shyok river is located in which state/UT?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
2) Jammu & Kashmir
5) GoaAnswer-2) Jammu & Kashmir
Shyok River, river of the Kashmir region, in the northern part of the Indian subcontinent. It rises in the Karakoram Range in the Indian-administered Jammu and Kashmir state. The Galwan valley refers to the land that sits between steep mountains that buffet the Galwan River. The river has its source in Aksai Chin, on China’s side of the LAC, and it flows from the east to Ladakh, where it meets the Shyok river on India’s side of the LAC. The valley is strategically located between Ladakh in the west and Aksai Chin in the east, which is currently controlled by China as part of its Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. At its western end are the Shyok river and the Darbuk-Shyok-Daulet Beg Oldie (DSDBO) road. Its eastern mouth lies not far from China’s vital Xinjiang Tibet road, now called the G219 highway.
- The Union cabinet has recently declared the Kushinagar airport as International airport. The Kushinagar airport is located in which state?
1) Tamil Nadu
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-3) Uttar Pradesh
The Union Cabinet has given its assent for the declaration of airport in Uttar Pradesh’s (UP) Kushinagar as an international airport. The reason behind this move is to provide improved connectivity to Kushinagar, an important Buddhist pilgrimage site, located in the north-eastern part of UP. The town has pilgrimage sites in Lumbini, Shravasti, Kapilvastu nearby it. A little farther, it has sites in Sarnath and Gaya. It is to be noted that Gautama Buddha attained Mahaparinirvana after his death at Kushinagar. A 3-km-long runway strip has already been made. Now, even a big aircraft of Airbus can land at the airport.
- ‘NIKSAY’ is the patient management system for control of which disease?
5) Swine fluAnswer-2) Tuberculosis
NI-KSHAY-(Ni=End, Kshay=TB), a web enabled patient management system for TB control under the NTEP is developed and maintained by the CTD in collaboration with the National Informatics Centre (NIC), and the World Health Organization (WHO) Country office for India.