AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 26 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Union Cabinet approved (in Feb’21) the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme with an outlay of Rs 15,000 crore for the pharmaceuticals, on a move to increase exports. What is India’s rank globally in pharmaceutical production?
5) 2ndAnswer-4) 3rd
On February 24, 2021, the Union Cabinet chaired by PM Modi approved the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme with an outlay of Rs 15,000 crore for the pharmaceuticals and with Rs 7,350 crore for IT (Information Technology) hardware. PLI scheme for pharmaceuticals is aimed at Production of high-value products and increase in exports with the outlay for 9 years. India ranks 3rd worldwide for production by volume and 14th by value. Globally it is the largest provider of Generic Medicines.
- Which country hosted the 2021’s BRICS Financial Cooperation Meeting?
5) South AfricaAnswer-3) India
On February 24, 2021, India hosted the meeting of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) finance and central bank deputies. Notably it is the 1st meeting on the BRICS Financial Cooperation under India Chairship in 2021. India assumed the chairship of 2021 coinciding with 15th anniversary of BRICS. Theme for BRICS-2021: BRICS @ 15: Intra-BRICS Cooperation for Continuity, Consolidation and Consensus
- Which of the following tool is used by SEBI in case of a near zero and negative pricing situation for any of its commodities (especially, crude oil)?
1) Sebi COmplaints REdress System (SCORES)
2) Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE)
3) External Commercial Borrowing (ECB)
4) Alternate Risk Management Framework (ARMF)
5) Electronic Clearing System (ECS)Answer-4) Alternate Risk Management Framework (ARMF)
In order to strengthen the risk management framework, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) will introduce pre-expiry margins on cash settled contracts with effect from April 1, 2021. These will be applicable on certain commodities under the Alternate Risk Management Framework (ARMF). ARMF shall be applicable in such cases of near zero and negative prices for any underlying commodities/futures (especially, crude oil).
- Which organisation(s) partnered (in Feb’21) with Social Alpha to set up, Swavalamban Divyangjan Assistive Tech Market Access (ATMA) fund?
1) Industrial Investment Bank of India
2) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
3) Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
4) Only 1 & 2
5) Only 1 & 3Answer-3) Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
Social Alpha, a multistage innovation curation and venture development platform has partnered with Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to set up the Swavalamban Divyangjan Assistive Tech Market Access (ATMA) fund, a Social Impact fund. It is a 1st of its kind inclusion fund that offers financial grants to Social Alpha-incubated startups that work in the Assistive Technology (AT) for persons with disabilities. The fund will finance upto 50% of product price for the initial users.
- Recently (in Feb’21), Mohamed Bazoum was elected as the President of __________.
5) GuineaAnswer-3) Niger
On 23rd February 2021, Mohamed Bazoum, of Nigerien Party for Democracy and Socialism, the ruling party of Niger was declared as the winner of the parliamentary run off held on 21st February 2021. He is set to succeed the outgoing President Mahamadou Issoufou who is voluntarily stepping down after two 5 year terms.
- Who was appointed (in Feb’21) as the Chairman of 6th National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC)?
1) Vijay Sampla
2) Thawar Chand Gehlot
3) Ram Katheria
4) George Baker
5) Ghayorul HasanAnswer-1) Vijay Sampla
Former Union Minister Vijay Sampla assumed charge as chairman of 6th National Commission for Scheduled Castes(NCSC) in New Delhi, Delhi. National Commission for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes was replaced by two separate Commissions namely- (i) NCSC (ii) National Commission for Scheduled Tribes (NCST).
- Who was appointed as the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)’s Goodwill Ambassador (in Feb’21)?
1) Alisson Becker
2) Marianna V. Vardinoyannis
3) Millie Bobby Brown
4) Natalia Vodianova
5) Lilly SinghAnswer- 4) Natalia Vodianova
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the UN’s sexual and reproductive health agency, has appointed Russian supermodel, Natalia Vodianova as its new Goodwill Ambassador to tackle stigma and advance women’s health. She has teamed up with UNFPA over the past 3 years to launch a series of “Let’s Talk” events worldwide.
- Which state govt. announced (in Feb’21) the creation of a separate Department for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship in ITIs and polytechnic colleges?
3) Tamil Nadu
5) KarnatakaAnswer-4) Bihar
Deputy Chief Minister (CM) of Bihar Tarkishore Prasad, who holds the finance portfolio, presented his maiden Rs 2,18,302.70 crore revenue-surplus state budget of Bihar for FY22. Notably, No New Taxes were imposed, aiming to make the state investor friendly. In the budget, the state announced creation of a separate Department for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship in ITIs (Industrial Training Institutes) and polytechnic colleges.
- World Champion sprinter, Hima Das was appointed as the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) of _________.
2) New Delhi
5) Arunachal PradeshAnswer-4) Assam
The Government of Assam has appointed World Champion sprinter Hima Das, nicknamed ‘Dhing Express’ as the Deputy Superintendent of Police(DSP) in Assam. The decision of the appointment was taken during the Cabinet meeting chaired by CM Sarbananda Sonowal in February 2021.
- Which Article of the Indian Constitution deals with National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC)?
1) Article 338
2) Article 312
3) Article 343
4) Article 340
5) Article 325Answer-1) Article 338
Article 338 of the Indian constitution deals with National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC) and Article 338 A deals with National Commission for Scheduled Tribes (NCST).