AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 26 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which of the following organisation conducted (in Aug’ 21) 3rd Edition of the annual Counter Terrorism Exercise named ‘Gandiv’?
1) Border Security Force
2) National Security Guard
3) Central Reserve Police Force
4) Bureau of Police Research and Development
5) Sashastra Seema Bal
Answer-2) National Security Guard
The 3rd Edition of the annual Counter Terrorism Exercise named ‘Gandiv’ was being conducted by the National Security Guard across National Capital Region (NCR), Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh & Gujarat.
i. It aimed to validate the planning parameters in the event of a terrorist attack, hijack of an Aircraft or hostage situation.
About National Security Guard (NSG):
Founded – 1986
Director General – M A Ganapathy
- In August 2021, Government of India launched ‘SAMRIDH’ programme to support 300 ____________ enabled Startups to create 100 unicorns by providing mentorship & seed funds of upto Rs 40 lakh.
2) Renewable Energy
3) Defense Technology
4) Information Technology
Answer-4) Information Technology
Government of India launched Startup Accelerator of Meity for Product Innovation, Development & Growth (SAMRIDH) programme to support 300 Information Technology (IT) enabled Startups to create 100 unicorns by providing mentorship & seed funds of upto Rs 40 lakh and mentorship for 6 months.
i. Meity Startup Hub had partnered with MergerDomo, a fundraising & startup advisory platform to Strengthen startup ecosystem in India.
- Where was the Centre for Research & Innovation in ‘Artificial Intelligence’ recently (in Aug ’21) inaugurated as a result of the collaboration between Honeywell Technology & Japan International Cooperation Agency?
1) IIT Madras
2) IIT Bombay
3) Delhi University
4) IISc Bangalore
5) IIT Hyderabad
Answer-5) IIT Hyderabad
Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister of Education had virtually inaugurated the Centre for Research and Innovation in Artificial Intelligence established at the IIT-Hyderabad in collaboration with the Japan International Cooperation Agency and Honeywell Technology Solutions.
- Which organization recently (in Aug’ 21) made ‘Green Steel’ produced with 100% fossil-free hydrogen that is used in ‘Volvo AB’ as a trial run?
1) Tata Steel
5) Hyundai Steel
Sweden’s green steel venture HYBRIT made ‘Green Steel’ produced with 100% fossil-free hydrogen, to its truck-manufacturer Volvo AB (Aktiebolaget Volvo) as a trial run. HYBRIT stands for Hydrogen Breakthrough Ironmaking Technology.
- As per 4th ‘Safe Cities Index 2021’ released by the Economist Intelligence Unit, New Delhi is placed at ___________position while ____________was listed as world’s safest city.
1) 48th; Copenhagen
2) 48th; Toronto
3) 50th; Copenhagen
4) 50th; Toronto
5) 52nd; Singapore
Answer- 1) 48th; Copenhagen
New Delhi (48th) and Mumbai (50th) found place in 4th Safe Cities Index 2021 of 60 global cities, released by the Economist Intelligence Unit. The index report is titled as ‘Safe Cities Index 2021- New expectations demand a new coherence’.
i. The list was topped by Denmark’s capital Copenhagen as the world’s safest city.
- Who virtually chaired the 11th meeting of the BRICS High Representatives Responsible for National Security?
1) Raj Nath Singh
2) Ajit Doval
3) Bipin Rawat
4) Karambir Singh
5) Krishnaswamy Natarajan
Answer-2) Ajit Doval
Ajit Doval, Indian National Security Adviser(NSA), virtually chaired the 11th meeting of the BRICS (Brazil, Russia,India,China,South Africa) High Representatives Responsible for National Security.
i. The main focus was the developmental processes in Afghanistan, Iran,West Asia and the Gulf.
- Which Small Finance Bank (SFB) recently (in Aug’ 21) partnered with FREO to launch a zero-balance savings account named ‘Freo Save’?
1) ESAF SFB
2) Fincare SFB
3) A U SFB
4) Janalakshmi SFB
5) Equitas SFB
Answer-5) Equitas SFB
FREO, India’s 1st credit-led Neobank, made a partnership with Equitas Small Finance Bank and launched a zero-balance savings account named ‘Freo Save’ for its customers. Neobank is a kind of digital bank without any branches.
About Equitas Small Finance Bank Ltd:
Headquarters – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
MD and CEO – Vasudevan Pathangi Narasimhan (P N)
Tagline – It’s Fun Banking
- Which company (in Aug’ 21) became the first Indian Renewable Energy company to get listed on the NASDAQ?
1) Power Grid Corporation of India
2) Solar Energy Corporation of India
3) ReNew Power
4) Adani Green Energy
5) Tata Power Solar Systems
Answer-3) ReNew Power
ReNew Power, India’s largest renewable energy company, became the first Indian renewable energy company to get listed on the NASDAQ following the merger with RMG Acquisition Corporation II resulting in ReNew Energy Global Plc.
i. ReNew Power signed a power purchase agreement with the Solar Energy Corporation of India for Round-The-Clock electricity supply, the first-of-its-kind in India.
- In August 2021, _________ was awarded the 2020 Sahitya Akademi Award for his contribution in Malayalam, while Yashodhara Mishra received the award for _______ language.
1) Sugathakumari; Kannada
2) Sugathakumari; Odia
3) Omcherry NN Pillai; Odia
4) Omcherry NN Pillai; Kannada
5) M T Vasudevan Nair; Assamese
Answer-3) Omcherry NN Pillai; Odia
Yashodhara Mishra (book titled- Samudrakula Ghara) & Omcherry NN Pillai (book titled- Akasmikam: Omcheriyute Ormmakkurippukal) were declared as the winners of the ‘2020 Sahitya Akademi Awards’ for Odia and Malayalam respectively.
- Which Bollywood Actress was appointed (in Aug’ 21) as the brand ambassador of Galaxy Z – foldable smartphones series by Samsung India?
1) Alia Bhatt
2) Kiara Advani
3) Priyanka Chopra
4) Deepika Padukone
5) Kriti Sanon
Answer-1) Alia Bhatt
Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt was appointed as the brand ambassador of Samsung India to endorse Galaxy Z, a series of foldable smartphones, in India.
i. Sunpure, an edible cooking oil brand based in Karnataka has appointed Actor Sonu Sood as its brand ambassador.