AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 26 April 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
Our Current Affairs March 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- In April 2022, which city gets India’s 1st digital bus service with a “Tap in and Tap out” facility?
1) Bangalore, Karnataka
2) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
3) Mumbai, Maharashtra
4) Jaipur, Rajasthan
5) Gandhinagar, GujaratAnswer-3) Mumbai, Maharashtra
Maharashtra State Tourism, Environment & Protocol Minister Aditya Thackeray inaugurated India’s first digital bus service with ‘Tap In, Tap Out’ feature, with the goal of increasing the digitalization of the bus ticketing system, in order to make traveling across Mumbai easier. With this, Mumbai will become the first city in the country to get 100% digital buses with a ‘Tap in and Tap out’.
i. The service was inaugurated on the Gateway of India – Churchgate route by the Brihanmumbai Electricity Supply and Transport (BEST) in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Which of the following points is “Incorrect” with respect to recent (in April’22) steps taken by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
1) The RBI issued the RBI (Credit Card and Debit Card) Directions, 2022 in the exercise of the powers conferred by Sections 35A and 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, and Chapter IIIB of the RBI Act, 1934.
2) NBFCs should get prior approval from RBI to undertake credit card business with the minimum net owned fund of Rs 100 crore.
3) SCBS, other than RRBs, with a net worth of Rs 200 crore can do credit card business either independently or in tie-up arrangement with other card-issuing banks or NBFCs with their board approvals.
4) RBI launches the 98th Quarterly Industrial Outlook Survey 2022 to Assess Business Sentiment for the Q1FY23 and expectations for the ensuing Q2FY23 period.
5) RBI also launched the 33rd round of the quarterly Services and Infrastructure Outlook Survey (SIOS) 2022.Answer-3) SCBS, other than RRBs, with a net worth of Rs 200 crore can do credit card business either independently or in tie-up arrangement with other card-issuing banks or NBFCs with their board approvals.
Scheduled commercial banks, other than regional rural banks (RRBs), with a net worth of Rs 100 crore and above can do credit card business either independently or in tie-up arrangement with other card-issuing banks or NBFCs with their board approvals.
i. The RBI issued the RBI (Credit Card and Debit Card) Directions, 2022 w.e.f 1st July 2022, in the exercise of the powers conferred by Sections 35A and 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, and Chapter IIIB of the RBI Act, 1934.
ii. NBFCs should get prior approval from RBI to undertake credit card business with the minimum net owned fund of Rs 100 crore.
iii. RBI launches 98th Quarterly Industrial Outlook Survey 2022 to Assess Business Sentiment for the Q1FY23 and expectations for the ensuing Q2FY23 period.
iv. RBI also launched the 33rd round of the quarterly Services and Infrastructure Outlook Survey (SIOS) 2022.
- Which organisation recently (in April ’22) signed an MoU with West Bengal Small Industries Development Corporation Limited (WBSIDCL) to Develop the MSME Ecosystem in West Bengal?
1) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development
2) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority
3) Small Industries Development Bank of India
4) Securities and Exchange Board of India
5) Reserve Bank of IndiaAnswer-3) Small Industries Development Bank of India
The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), India’s leading financial institution for the Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector, has signed an MoU with West Bengal Small Industries Development Corporation Limited (WBSIDCL).
i. The MoU aims to enhance the eco-system for micro and small firms in West Bengal and was signed during the MSME sectoral session of the Bengal Global Business Summit (BGBS), which was held in Kolkata on April 21, 2022.
- Name the personality from India who recently (in April ’22) received the 1st Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award 2022 at the 80th Annual Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Awards ceremony held in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
1) Narendra Modi
2) Raj Nath Singh
3) Ram Nath Kovind
4) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
5) Nirmala SitharamanAnswer- 1) Narendra Modi
The Hon’ble Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi received the First Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award 2022, for his ‘selfless service to the country and society’. The award was conferred at the 80th Annual Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Awards ceremony held at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
The Award was instituted by the Pune-based Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Smruti Pratishthan, a public charitable trust run by the Mangeshkar family.
About Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award:
i. The Award was given in memory of late Lata Mangeshkar on the occasion of her father Deenanath Mangeshwar’s 80th death anniversary (24th April, 2022) and the award will be presented annually to only one individual who has made path-breaking, spectacular and exemplary contributions to the nation, its people, and the society.
- Who was recently (in April’22) re-appointed as the “President of France” for the 2rd term?
1) Marine Le Pen
2) Emmanuel Macron
3) Jacques Chirac
4) Francois Hollande
5) Nicolas SarkozyAnswer-2) Emmanuel Macron
The French President Emmanuel Jean-Michel Frédéric Macron belongs to La République En Marche! (The Republic On The Move) party got re-elected as the French President after defeating his far-right rival Marine Le Pen in a runoff election (Second Round) held on April 24, 2022, making Macron the first French President to get re-elected in last 20 years, before which only two Presidents have been re-elected for the second term.
- In April 2022, the Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI) restructured its Market Data Advisory Committee (MDAC). The committee will be chaired by __________.
1) Arun Raste
2) Vikram Limaye
3) Anuj Kumar
4) Prabhas Kumar Rath
5) M S SahooAnswer-5) M S Sahoo
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has restructured its Market Data Advisory Committee (MDAC) which recommends policy measures pertaining to areas like securities market data access and privacy.
i. The restructured committee will be chaired by Dr M S Sahoo, Distinguished Professor at National Law University, Delhi (NLUD) and former chairperson of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI).
ii. The restructured committee will now have 21 members. Previously the committee had 20 members.
iii. The committee recommends appropriate policy for access to securities market data for both transactions and disclosures.
- Who recently (in April ’22) won the Men’s Singles Title at the Serbia Open 2022 by defeating Novak Djokovic?
1) Daniil Medvedev (Russia)
2) Alexander Zverev (Germany)
3) Rafael Nadal (Spain)
4) Andrey Rublev (Russia)
5) Roger Federer (Switzerland)Answer-4) Andrey Rublev (Russia)
Russian Tennis player Andrey Rublev, defeated Serbian tennis player, Novak Djokovic & won the Men’s Singles Title in Serbia Open 2022 held at “Novak” Tennis Centre, Belgrade, Serbia from April 17 to 24, 2022. This win was his third title of the 2022 season.
i. Uruguay’s Ariel Behar and Ecuador’s Gonzalo Escobar defeated Croatia’s Nikola Mektić and Croatia’s Mate Pavić & won the Men’s Doubles Category.
- Padma Shri Awardee Binapani Mohanty recently (in April 22) passed away. In which field did Binapani Mohanty receive the Padma Shri award in 2020?
1) Literature and Education
2) Public Affairs
3) Science and Engineering
5) ArtAnswer- 1) Literature and Education
The Padma Shri and Sahitya Akademi Awardee Odia Writer Binapani Mohanty died at her residence in Cuttack, Odisha. She was born on 11th November 1936 in Chandol, Kendrapada, Bengal Presidency, British Raj.
i. She is well known for her works ‘Patadei’, ‘Kasturi Mriga O Sabuja Aranya’, ‘Khela Ghara’, ‘Naiku Rasta’, ‘Bastraharana’, ‘Andhakarara’.
i. In 1990, She won Sahitya Akademi Award for her collection of stories ‘Patadei’.
ii. In 2020, She was conferred with Padma Shri in the Literature and Education category.
- The ______ National Panchayati Raj Day was observed across India on 24th April 2022.
5) 11thAnswer-3) 13th
National Panchayati Raj Day(NPRD) is annually observed across India on 24th April to celebrate the constitutional status accorded to the Panchayati Ray system of India. The observance of the day is annually organised by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
i. 24th April 2022 marks the celebration of the 13th National Panchayati Raj Day.
ii. The 73rd Constitutional Amendment came into force on 24th April 1993. The first edition of National Panchayati Raj Day was observed on 24th April 2010.
iii. National Panchayat Awards–2022 (Appraisal Year 2020-21) was awarded a total of 322 awards to Panchayats.
- What is the theme of World Malaria Day 2022, observed across the globe on 25th April, 2022?
1) Zero malaria starts with me
2) End Malaria for Good
3) Invest in the future. Defeat malaria
4) Ready to Beat Malaria
5) Harness innovation to reduce the malaria disease burden and save livesAnswer-5) Harness innovation to reduce the malaria disease burden and save lives
World Malaria Day 2022 was observed across the globe on 25th April 2022 to highlight the need for investment and commitment toward the prevention and control of Malaria.
i. The observance of the day is annually organised by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the first-ever World Malaria Day was observed on 25th April 2008.
ii. The theme of World Malaria Day 2022 is “Harness innovation to reduce the malaria disease burden and save lives”.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification