AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 26 & 27 February 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs December 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- As per the 5th ‘Annual Report Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) released by National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) released in February 2023, the Unemployment rate (UR) at 5-year low of _________ in July 2021-June 2022.
5) 4.2%Answer-3) 4.1%
The National Sample Survey Office (NSSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) released the 5th ‘Annual Report Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS)- July, 2021 – June, 2022’ stating Unemployment rate (UR) at 5-year low of 4.1% in July 2021- June 2022. It was 4.2% in July 2020-June 2021.
• The pan-India UR for male was 4.4% and for women was 3.3% in July, 2021 – June, 2022.
• The UR in both rural and urban areas declined to 3.2% and 6.3%, respectively from 3.3% and 6.7% respectively, in July 2020-June 2021.
i. The labour force participation rate (LFPR) had increased significantly in the last five years from 37.5% in 2018-19 to 55.2%.
ii. The Worker-to-Population Ratio (WPR) was 52.9% as compared to 52.6% in July 2020-June 2021.
- In which Institute, V. Muraleedharan, Minister of State (MoS) for External Affairs and Parliamentary Affairs has recently (in Feb ‘23) launched several new initiatives, as part of the implementation of the National Education Policy (NEP)?
1) Indian Institutes of Technology, Bombay
2) Indian Institutes of Management, Bengaluru
3) National Institute of Technology, Trichy
4) National Institute of Technology, Calicut
5) Indian Institutes of Technology, DelhiAnswer-4) National Institute of Technology, Calicut
On 24th February 2023, V. Muraleedharan, Minister of State (MoS) for External Affairs and Parliamentary Affairs, visited the National Institute of Technology, Calicut (NIT-C), Kozhikode, Kerala and launched several new initiatives in light of the implementation of the National Education Policy (NEP).
i. He also released a brochure of the “Centre for Women’s Welfare and Social Empowerment (CWSE)” at the NIT-C.
ii. The National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF) Level of Training (Level 3-7) Skill Hub is being established by NIT Calicut to support self and wage employment, apprenticeship, etc.
iii. National Institute of Technology, Calicut (NIT-C) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Kozhikode-based Mahatma Gandhi College of Mass Communication (MAGCOM) for academic cooperation.
- Which city of Maharashtra was recently (in Feb ‘23) renamed as “Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar” by the approval of Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)?
2) Fatehpur Sikri
5) AligarhAnswer-1) Aurangabad
On 24th February 2023, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) approved the renaming of Aurangabad city as “Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar” and Osmanabad city as “Dharashiv” in Osmanabad district, Maharashtra.
i. Aurangabad derives its name from the Mughal emperor Aurangzeb, while Osmanabad was named for a 20th-century ruler of the princely state of Hyderabad.
ii. The new name of Aurangabad – ‘Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar’, is derived from Chhatrapati Sambhaji, 2nd ruler of the Maratha state (1681-1689). ‘Dharashiv‘, a new name for Osmanabad, is derived from the name of a cave complex
- According to the 11th International Intellectual Property Rights Index 2023 released in February 2023, India secured ______ rank with an overall index score of 38.64% among 55 countries.
5) 44thAnswer-3) 42nd
According to the International Intellectual Property Rights Index 2023 (11th edition) released by the United States (US) Chamber of Commerce, India ranks 42nd with an overall index score of 38.64% (i.e.,19.32 out of 50) among 55 major global economies across 50 unique indicators.
i. India was placed 43rd out of 55 countries in 2022 and 40th in the index in 2021, rising just one spot to the 42nd position in 2023.
ii. The annual international IP index assesses the protection of intellectual property rights (IPR) in 55 of the world’s largest economies, which account for around 90% of global GDP.
- Which Government agency/Statutory body has recently (in Feb ‘23) signed an MoU with the Lulu Hypermarket LLC to promote the export of millets to the Countries of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)?
1) Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
2) India Trade Promotion Organisation
3) Food Corporation of India
4) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry
5) Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development AuthorityAnswer-5) Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority
The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), under the Ministry of Commerce (MoC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Lulu Hypermarket LLC to promote the export of millets to the Countries of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
i. The MoU was signed by Tarun Bajaj, Director of APEDA, and VI Saleem, Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Lulu Hypermarket LLC, at Gulfood 2023 in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), for the promotion of millets in GCC countries.
ii. From April to November 2022, India exported millets worth USD 46.05 million. The new MoU will help APEDA to reach its target of exporting millets and its value-added products worth USD 100 million by 2025.
- Name the personality who has recently (in Feb ‘23) became the 1st Indian to be elected as President of the FIBA (Federation Internationale de Basketball Amateur) Asia.
1) Gautam Ganguly
2) Seema Sharma
3) Govindaraj Kempareddy
4) Teja Singh
5) Chander Mukhi SharmaAnswer-3) Govindaraj Kempareddy
Govindaraj Kempareddy(K Govindaraj), President of the Basketball Federation of India (BFI), was unanimously nominated as the President of FIBA Asia, a zone within the International Basketball Federation (FIBA – Federation Internationale de Basketball Amateur) which contains all 44 Asian FIBA federations. He became the 1st Indian to be elected as FIBA Asia President.
i. K Govindaraj will replace Qatar’s Sheikh Saud Ali Al Thani, who is currently serving his 4th five-year term as President of FIBA Asia. He has been president of FIBA Asia since 2002.
ii. Indian National Congress activist K Govindaraj is currently serving as a member of the Karnataka Legislative Council (KLC) and Vice-President of the Indian Olympic Association(IOA).
iii. Presently, Govindaraj Kempareddy serves as the Director of the Indian Cost Accountants Institute, a Government of India Nominee.
- In which city, the 1st Missile cum Ammunition (MCA) Barge, “Yard 75 (LSAM 7)” was launched (in Feb ‘23) by Rear Admiral Sandeep Mehta at Guttenedevi (SECON)?
1) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2) Kochi, Kerala
3) Mumbai, Maharashtra
4) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
5) Kolkata, West BengalAnswer-4) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
The first Missile cum Ammunition (MCA) Barge, Yard 75 (LSAM 7) was launched by Rear Admiral Sandeep Mehta at Guttenedevi, the launch site of SECON, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
i. The MCA Barges are included in the Indian Navy to perform the mission needs for embarking/ disembarking Missile, Gunnery and ASW Ammunition.
ii. Being a part of the ‘Make in India’ initiative of the Government of India, all major and auxiliary equipment/systems of the MCA Barge was sourced from indigenous manufacturers. The Barge was built with a service life of 30 years
- Which Space Agency has recently (in Feb ‘23) launched a Soyuz MS-23 spacecraft to bring back 3 astronauts stranded on the International Space Station (ISS)?
1) Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency
3) National Aeronautics and Space Administration
4) European Space Agency
5) Canadian Space AgencyAnswer-2) Roscosmos
State Space Corporation ROSCOSMOS (Roscosmos), the Russian Space Agency, launched a Soyuz MS-23 spacecraft to bring back 3 astronauts stranded on the International Space Station (ISS) due to the coolant leak on their original return capsule, Soyuz MS-22 capsule.
i. The unmanned Soyuz MS-23 was launched from Baikonur space centre in Kazakhstan and had been placed in Orbit.
ii. Soyuz MS-23 will bring back 3 Astronauts: Sergey Prokopyev and Dmitri Petelin, cosmonauts from Russia, and Frank Rubio, a NASA astronaut from the United States of America (USA) who had been due to end their mission in March.
iii. The 3 astronauts were intended to be on board the International Space Station (ISS) for 6 months when they arrived in September 2022, but their mission was extended when their return Soyuz MS-22 capsule began to leak coolant in December 2022.
- Name the State/UT government that has recently (in Feb ‘23) approved USD 50,000 to develop a fog alert system with the US National Center for Atmospheric Research (US-NCAR).
1) Jammu and Kashmir
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) BiharAnswer-5) Bihar
The Cabinet of Bihar chaired by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, approved USD 50,000(around Rs 41.41 lakh) to develop an early warning system for dense fog and cold wave conditions in collaboration with the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), a Federally Funded Research and Development Center of the National Science Foundation, United States of America.
i. The proposal to approve USD 50,000 for this project was introduced by the Planning and Development Department, Government of Bihar.
ii. The Early warning systems will play a major role in climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction.
• The aim of the Early warning systems is to avoid or reduce the damages caused by extreme weather conditions.
- Which state government has recently (in Feb ‘23) signed an MoU with Ola Electric Mobility Private Limited to set World’s largest EV hub with Rs. 7,614 crore investment?
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) MaharashtraAnswer-3) Tamil Nadu
Ola Electric Mobility Private Limited has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Tamil Nadu (TN) committing investments worth Rs 7,614 crore in the presence of TN Chief Minister(CM) Muthuvel Karunanidhi Stalin (M.K. Stalin) and Bhavish Aggarwal, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Ola, at the Secretariat in Chennai, TN.
i. The investments include setting up of world’s largest Electric Vehicle (EV) hub with an integrated two-wheeler, electric car and lithium-cell Gigafactories with a capacity of 20 GW in SIPCOT Bargur, Krishnagiri district of Tamil Nadu
ii. Ola will invest Rs 5,114 crore for making lithium cells and Rs 2,500 crore for the car plant.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification