AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 25 November 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which State Government issued a notification to rename the Haveri Railway station as Mahadevappa Mailara Railway Station after a freedom fighter?
4) Tamil Nadu
5) Andhra Pradesh
The Government of Karnataka issued a notification to rename the Haveri Railway station as Mahadevappa Mailara Railway Station, after Mahadevappa Mailara, a freedom fighter from Haveri district, Karnataka. Following the State Government’s request to rename, The Ministry of Home affairs issued the no objection for the name change of the Haveri Railway station as Mahadevappa Mailara Railway Station in July 2019.
- Which State Cabinet has agreed on the creation of Vijayanagara district as its 31st District?
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
The cabinet of Karnataka has in principle agreed the creation of Vijayanagara district as the 31st District of Karnataka. The Vijayanagara district, will be carved from the Ballari district and will include Hampi, the capital of Vijayanagara empire. The new district will have 6 out of the 11 taluks in Ballari with Hospet as its headquarters.
- Which edition of Global Conference on Criminal Finances and Cryptocurrencies organised by Interpol, Europol & Basel Institute on Governance (Switzerland) took place virtually from November 18-19, 2020?
The 4th Global Conference on Criminal Finances and Cryptocurrencies organised by Interpol (also known as International Criminal Police Organization), Europol (European Union Agency for Law Enforcement Cooperation) & Basel Institute on Governance (Switzerland) took place virtually from November 18-19, 2020. Around 2, 000 representatives from 132 countries attended the Virtual Conference. It was aimed to strengthen the knowledge, expertise and enable sharing of best practices for investigations into financial crime and intelligence on virtual assets and cryptocurrencies.
- Where did PM Narendra Modi launch “Har Ghar Nal Yojna” worth Rs 5,555.38 crore for drinking water projects (November 2020)?
1) Madhya Pradesh
3) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-3) Uttar Pradesh
Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi launched “Har Ghar Nal Yojna” (tap water to every household) worth Rs 5,555.38 crore for drinking water projects in Mirzapur and Sonbhadra districts in Vindhyachal region of Uttar Pradesh (UP). In this regard, Rs 3212.18 crore will be spent in Sonbhadra and Rs 2343.20 crore will be utilized in Mirzapur. This will benefit 41,41,438 families in both the districts by ensuring water supply through pipelines to 2,995 villages. The scheme will be completed within the next two years (24 months).
- Name the schemes launched by West Bengal Government to ‘address the grievances of the people starting from the block level’ and ‘providing Motorbikes for the youth to enable them to do small scale businesses’ respectively?
1) Duare Duare Paschim Banga Sarkar Scheme, Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme
2) Matir Smristi Scheme, Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme
3) Pathashree Abhijan Scheme, Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme
4) Duare Duare Paschim Banga Sarkar Scheme, Karmai Dharma Scheme
5) Pathashree Abhijan Scheme, Karmai Dharma Scheme
Answer-4) Duare Duare Paschim Banga Sarkar Scheme, Karmai Dharma Scheme
West Bengal (WB) Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced two schemes “Duare Duare Paschim Banga Sarkar Scheme” (West Bengal government at every doorstep) & “Karmai Dharma” (Work is Worship) scheme at a programme held at Sidhu Kanhu Indoor Stadium, Durgapur. Mamata Bannerjee also announced 100 % scholarship to People in need of it.
“Duare Duare Paschim Banga Sarkar Scheme” (West Bengal government at every doorstep) is to address the grievances of the people starting from the block level. “Karmai Dharma” (Work is Worship) – Providing Motorbikes for the youth to enable them to do small scale businesses.
- Which Payment Bank has partnered with HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited to offer customized insurance solutions to its customers?
1) NSDL Payments Bank Limited
2) Paytm Payments Bank Limited
3) India Post Payments Bank
4) FINO Payments Bank
5) Jio Payments Bank
Answer-1) NSDL Payments Bank Limited
NSDL Payments Bank Limited (National Securities Depository Limited Payments Bank), digital-first payments bank entered into partnership with HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited to offer a customised, affordable and whole range of general insurance products to its customers through NSDL Jiffy, mobile banking application. It aims to integrate NSDL Payment Bank’s deep distribution network and HDFC ERGO’s strong innovation pipeline to contribute to financial inclusion in India.
- Muthoot Finance launched “Muthoot Gold Shield” in association with which General Insurance Company to provide insurance to its customers on gold jewellery?
1) IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
2) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
3) TATA AIG General Insurance
4) Reliance General Insurance
5) Edelweiss General Insurance
Answer-2) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
Gold loan Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) Muthoot Finance in collaboration with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance (BAGIC) has launched “Muthoot Gold Shield” to provide insurance to its customers on gold jewellery. This scheme is backed by the Group Affinity All Risk policy of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance. It is launched as a part of Muthoot Finance’s ongoing customer loyalty programme and social commitment.
- Which is the 1st Central bank to reach one million followers on twitter?
1) The Bank of Ghana
2) European Central Bank
3) Reserve Bank of India
4) Central Bank of India
5) Bank of America
Answer-3) Reserve Bank of India
The number of followers of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has increased from 9.66 lakh to one million or 10 lakh on Twitter. With this, the central bank of India is now the first-ever such bank in the world to reach these many followers in the micro-blogging site. The US Federal Reserve has about 6.67 lakh Twitter followers and the Frankfurt-headquartered European Central Bank (ECB), the second most powerful monetary authority in the world, has about 5.91 lakh followers. Currently, the RBI handle is followed by over 1 million people.
- According to the report titled “FDI in India: Now, Next and Beyond” by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), India may attract FDI of $120-160 billion per year by which year?
In accordance with the report titled “FDI in India: Now, Next and Beyond” by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Ernst & Young Global Limited (EY), India may attract foreign direct investment (FDI) of $120-160 billion per year by 2025. This is on the condition that the ratio of FDI to GDP (Gross Domestic Product) should be increased to less than 2% from 3-4%. Notably, India’s GDP grew 6.8% in the past 10 years with FDI to GDP at 1.8%.
India’s GDP growth could also improve to 7-8% growth if the investments come in.
- Which State received maximum FDI According to the report titled “FDI in India: Now, Next and Beyond” by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)?
5) Tamil Nadu
In accordance with the report titled “FDI in India: Now, Next and Beyond” by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Ernst & Young Global Limited (EY), India may attract foreign direct investment (FDI) of $120-160 billion per year by 2025. The investors ranked India third in terms of attractiveness and 80% of them have planned for investment in India in the next two to three years. Out of them 25% investments are worth over $500 million.
States-wise Maharashtra remains the most attractive destination (28%), followed by Karnataka (19%), Delhi (16%) and Gujarat (10%). These four alone received 75% of the FDI between October 2019 and June 2020.
- FLO (FICCI Ladies Organization) signed a MoU with which Indian Institute of Management (IIM) to mentor women entrepreneurs?
1) IIM Dhanbad
2) IIM Calcutta
3) IIM Lucknow
4) IIM Bangalore
5) IIM Shillong
Answer-5) IIM Shillong
FLO (FICCI Ladies Organization), the women’s wing of Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Shillong and Incubation and Enterprise Support Centre (IESC) to mentor women entrepreneurs. The MoU will create a sustainable ecosystem within FLO to identify potential start-ups and provide entrepreneurs with necessary guidance and support.
- Which Indian web television series has won the award under the ‘drama series’ category (1st ever Emmy award for any Indian Program) at the 48th International Emmy Awards 2020?
2) Mission Over Mars
3) Special Ops
4) Delhi Crime
5) The Family Man
Answer-4) Delhi Crime
The International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences announced the winners of the 48th International Emmy® Awards 2020 during a live ceremony hosted by actor Richard Kind in New York City, USA. Netflix’s India Original series ‘Delhi Crime’ written and directed by Richie Mehta won the award under the ‘drama series’ category. Delhi Crime wins the 1st Emmy® for a program from India.
- Which company purchased 5.2% stake in Avaada MHBuldhana Private Limited, a solar power firm for INR 4.55 Crore?
1) Reliance Jio
3) Bharti Airtel
4) Vodafone Idea Limited
Answer-3) Bharti Airtel
Bharti Airtel Limited, an Indian multinational telecommunications services company has picked up a 5.2% stake in Avaada MHBuldhana Private Limited, a solar power firm for INR 4.55 Crore. Avada Energy Pvt Ltd is developing a captive solar power plant in Maharashtra and will become operational by March 2021. The Acquisition was an all-cash deal.
- Varunastra, designed and developed by Naval Science & Technological Laboratory (NSTL), DRDO, is an –
1) Air to Surface Missile
2) Air to Air Missile
3) Antiship Missile
4) Antitank Missile
5) Anti-submarine Torpedo
Answer-5) Anti-submarine Torpedo
Secretary, Department of Defence Research & Development (R&D) and Chairman, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), G. Satheesh Reddy flagged off the first ‘Varunastra’, heavy weight torpedo to be delivered to the Indian Navy during a ceremony held at Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL), Visakhapatnam Unit, Andhra Pradesh.
The Varunastra has been designed and developed by Naval Science & Technological Laboratory (NSTL), Visakhapatnam.
Varunastra is an Indian advanced heavyweight anti-submarine Torpedo and is capable of being launched from both Ships and Submarines. It is powered by an electric propulsion system. It is made of 95% Indigenous contents.
- Name the China’s lunar mission (launched in November 2020) to collect samples from the moon (world’s first moon-sample mission in 44 years i.e. since 1976).
4) Gaofen 13
China National Space Administration (CNSA) has successfully launched the 8.2 tonne lunar probe namely “Chang’e-5” through Long March-5, China’s largest carrier rocket. The launch took place from the Wenchang Spacecraft Launch Site in the southern province of Hainan, China. Its task is to bring 2kgs of sample soil and rock of moon to earth in a mission of around 23 days. The mission is named after the ancient Chinese goddess of the moon.
The spacecraft “Chang’e-5” consists of four parts: an orbiter, a returner, an ascender and a lander. It’s the lander who will drill and scoop samples from the surface and store them in a protective capsule. Notably it is the world’s first moon-sample mission in 44 years i.e. since 1976. Only two other countries, the United States (US) and the former Soviet Union, have brought samples back from the moon.
- Who has won the 51st Edition Men’s Singles of 2020 ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) officially known as 2020 Nitto ATP Finals held at The O2 Arena, London, United Kingdom?
1) Daniil Medvedev (Russia)
2) Dominic Thiem (Austria)
3) Rafael Nadal (Spain)
4) Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
5) Roger Federer (Switzerland)
Answer-1) Daniil Medvedev (Russia)
The 51st Edition (51st edition of Singles, 46th edition of doubles) of 2020 ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) officially known as 2020 Nitto ATP Finals took place from November 15-22, 2020 at The O2 Arena, London, United Kingdom. It is organized by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP). ATP Finals is an Annual season-ending event for the 8 highest ranked singles players and double teams on the ATP Tour. London has held ATP Finals for the last 12 years; the 2021 tournament is set to be moved to Turin in Italy. The Tournament is played on Hard Court and is a men’s tennis tournament.
Winners of 2020 ATP Finals:
Category Winner Runnerup Men’s Singles Daniil Medvedev (Russia) Dominic Thiem (Austria) Men’s Doubles Wesley Koolhof (Netherlands), Nikola Mektic (Croatia) Jurgen Melzer (Austria), Edouard Roger-Vasselin (France)
- Athletics Integrity Unit has handed a two-year ban to Elijah Manangoi (Kenya). He is a professional ___________.
1) Tennis Player
2) Weight lifter
5) Middle Distance Runner
Answer-5) Middle Distance Runner
Athletics Integrity Unit has handed a two-year ban to former 1,500 metres champion Elijah Manangoi (Kenya) for failing to make himself available for doping tests. The 27-year-old is now set to miss the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, having missed three doping tests. Manangoi took the silver medal at the 2015 Beijing world championships before winning gold in London two years later.
- Name the Bhojpuri Novel written by Pandey Kapil translated into English by Gautam Choubey recently (First ever translation of a Bhojpuri novel into English).
2) Mati Kare Pukar
Gautam Choubey has translated ‘Phoolsunghi’, a Bhojpuri Novel written by Pandey Kapil. It is the first ever translation of a Bhojpuri novel into English. The book is published under Penguin’s Hamish Hamilton. It is an historical novel set in Bihar that narrates the tale of an unfulfilled love between Mahendra Mishra, one of the most popular yet enigmatic Bhojpuri poets, and the tawaif Dhelabai.
- Tarun Gogoi, senior leader of Indian National Congress (INC) passed away recently. He was the former and longest CM of which State?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
Tarun Gogoi, the longest serving chief minister of Assam and popular leader of Indian National Congress (INC) passed away at a hospital in Gauhati, Assam. He passed away due to post COVID-19 complications and multiple organ failures. He was born in Assam Province, British India (now Assam, India). Tarun Gogoi served as the Chief Minister of Assam for three terms from 2001 to 2016, He has served as the Member of Legislative Assembly from the Titabor Constituency since 2001.
- What was the 2020 theme of the 59th National Pharmacy week on the 3rd week of November (from 16th November to 22nd November 2020)?
1) Lessen the mortality of COVID 19
2) Pharmacists: Frontline Health Professionals
3) Safe and effective medicines for all
4) Pharmacists are your medicines experts
5) From research to health care: Your pharmacist is at your service
Answer-2) Pharmacists: Frontline Health Professionals
The National Pharmacy Week (NPW) is annually celebrated across India on the 3rd week of November to create awareness to the stakeholders about the presence of the pharmacists in the society and to acknowledge the importance of the role of registered pharmacists with respect to medicine, its usage, handling and dispensing. The Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA) organised the 59th National Pharmacy week on the 3rd week of November (from 16th November to 22nd November 2020). The theme of the National Pharmacy Week 2020 is “Pharmacists: Frontline Health Professionals”.
- Aviation Safety Awareness Week 2020 was observed from ______________ to raise awareness on Aviation Safety by Airports Authority of India (AAI).
1) 19th November to 25th November
2) 23rd November to 27th November
3) 16th November to 22nd November
4) 9th November to 15th November
5) 1st November to 7th November
Answer-2) 23rd November to 27th November
Airports Authority of India (AAI) has commenced Aviation Safety Awareness Week 2020 from 23rd November to 27th November 2020 to raise awareness on Aviation Safety. The week will be celebrated across all airports and ANS (Air Navigation Service) locations managed by AAI across India. Arvind Singh, Chairman of AAI virtually inaugurated the celebrations of Aviation Safety Awareness Week.
- Which organization observes World Heritage Week the globe from 19th November to 25th November?
1) United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
2) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
3) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
4) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
5) Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage
Answer-3) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO)’s World Heritage Week is annually observed across the globe from 19th November to 25th November to create awareness among the general public about the importance of rich heritage and to make them strive for the preservation of their heritage. As a part of the celebration of the World Heritage week 2020, for the first time, The Directorate of Archeology, Assam will award three monumnets mitro awards to two individuals and one organisation.
- The National Cadet Corps (NCC)’s Raising Day 2020 was observed on which day?
1) November 21
2) November 22
3) November 23
4) November 24
5) November 25
Answer-2) November 22
The National Cadet Corps (NCC)’s Raising Day is observed annually on the 4th Sunday of November. This year (2020) falls on November 22 and also marks the 72nd day. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a scheme for expansion of National Cadet Corps coverage, in Border and Coastal regions of the country on August 15, 2020.
- Ravi Shankar Prasad, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), launched international version of ______________ app on its 3rd anniversary.
4) KRISHI KISHAN
An online conference was held under the chairmanship of Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Ministry of Communications and Ministry of Law and Justice (MoL&J) to celebrate 3 years of UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance) and it’s more than 2000 services milestone. The occasion saw the launch of UMANG’s international version by Ravi Shankar Prasad in coordination with the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) for 9 countries. It was also notified that a voice based solution using Artificial Intelligence (AI) of UMANG will be developed to reach people living in the remotest areas of India. The minister also launched an e-Book “3 Saal Umang Bemisaal- #3YearsofUMANG”.
- Which State Government has launched the ‘Abhayam App’ for the safety of women travelling by Auto & Taxis?
1) West Bengal
3) Andhra Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-3) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister (CM) Jagan Mohan Reddy virtually launched the ‘Abhayam App’ for the safety of women travelling by Auto & Taxis under the Nirbhaya Scheme. The app will help women to raise an alarm in case of any emergency. This is the First Internet of Things (IoT) based women safety project. The app was launched as part of the First Phase of the Abhayam Project. During the First Phase 1000 auto rickshaws equipped with GPS (Global Positioning System)/Internet of Things (IoT) devices have been linked to the Abhayam app in Visakhapatnam.
- Tamil Nadu (TN) launched a mobile application “Thee” to support the general public to reach out which services in need?
2) Fire and Rescue Services
3) Water and Irrigation
5) Banking & Insurance
Answer-2) Fire and Rescue Services
Edappadi K. Palaniswami, Chief Minister (CM) of Tamil Nadu (TN) launched a mobile application “Thee” to support the general public to reach out the Tamil Nadu Fire and Rescue Services. Its purpose is to help the people in case of fire accidents, flood, mishaps in deep well, rescue in wildlife, chemical or gas leaks and others.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the Cherry Blossom Festival celebrated annually?
India International Cherry Blossom Festival is the annual event of Meghalaya that attracts a record number of tourists in Shillong. 5th India International Cherry Blossom Festival 2020 has been cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic. Shillong, the capital of Meghalaya hosts the only Cherry Blossoms festival in India. Meghalaya people celebrate festivals through virtual mode. These flowers can be spotted across Meghalaya during this time of the year. These flowers are expected to continue to bloom till the end of November.
- Where is Nargu Wildlife Sanctuary?
1) Himachal Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
Answer-1) Himachal Pradesh
The central government has published a draft notification declaring 50-square kilometre area around the Nargu Wildlife Sanctuary in Himachal Pradesh as an eco-sensitive zone. The area declared as eco-sensitive zone includes 17 revenue villages in Jogindernagar and Mandi forest divisions.
- Umred-Pauni-Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which State?
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) Uttar Pradesh
Umred-Pauni-Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary, about 50 km from Nagpur and 60 km from Bhandara, is spread over Pauni Tahsil of Bhandara district and Umred, Kuhi and Bhivapur Taluka of Nagpur district. This sanctuary has a connection with Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve through the forest along Wainganga River.
It came in news recently when a pregnant female tiger was found dead here.
- Where is Kalaburagi Airport located?
2) Jammu & Kashmir
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) Arunachal Pradesh
Kalaburagi Airport is a public airport located 12 km east of Kalaburagi in Karnataka, India. The airport was built by the Karnataka State Public Works Department with technical assistance from RITES Limited and is operated by the Airports Authority of India.
The fast-growing Kalaburagi Airport has completed one year of service. It all started a year ago when the long-pending dream of the people of Kalyana Karnataka region of having an airport in Kalaburagi was realised with Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa inaugurating the service with full capacity operation at the Greenfield airport on the outskirts of the city.
- Santhal, one of the best tribal folk dances of India, belongs to which state?
2) West Bengal
3) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-2) West Bengal
Santhal is one of the most abundantly found tribes in India. A major chunk of this tribe can be found in West Bengal and Jharkhand. Santhal tribe has a rich cultural lineage and immense solidarity. Its members are basically the devotees of ‘Thakurji’, the deity they believe created this world. They move to the beats of music, to celebrate the glory of nature, raise a message and offer prayers to the presiding deity of their tribe, through a dance known as Santhal dance. The Santhal dance is considered to be one of the best tribal folk dances of India, which offers immense vibrancy and cheerfulness.
- Where is Pilibhit Tiger Reserve situated in India?
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-2) Uttar Pradesh
The Pilibhit Tiger Reserve is situated in the Pilibhit district and Shahjahanpur District of Uttar Pradesh, forming part of the Terai Arc Landscape, in the upper Gangetic Plain Biogeographic Province.
The Pilibhit Tiger Reserve (PTR) and the Uttar Pradesh Forest department have bagged the first-ever international award, TX2, for doubling the number of tigers in four years against a target of 10 years. The award was virtually presented to the principal chief conservator of forest (wildlife) of the state, Sunil Pandey, by UNDP’s (United Nations Development Program) head of ecosystems and biodiversity, Mindori Paxton.