AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 25 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the Institute which is going to organize India’s 1st Global Hyperloop pod competition.
1) IIT Bombay
2) IIT Calcutta
3) IIT Delhi
4) IIT Madras
5) IIT Ahmedabad
Answer-4) IIT Madras
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras will organize India’s 1st Global Hyperloop Pod Competition named as ‘Indian Hyperloop Pod Competition’, to increase the awareness & enthusiasm about Hyperloop in India.
- Name the medicine which was recommended by National task force for novel coronavirus constituted by ICMR for health care workers who treats COVID-19 patients.
The National Task Force for the novel coronavirus constituted by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has recommended the use of hydroxychloroquine for healthcare workers or persons staying with and caring for positive COVID-19 patients. This protocol has been approved by the Drug Controller General of India (DGCI), Dr. V. G. Somani.
- Sri Lanka has contributed $5 Million to SAARC Corona Emergency Fund. What is the Number of countries part of SAARC?
The Government of Sri Lanka has pledged to contribute $5 million to the SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) Corona Emergency Fund proposed by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi on March 15, 2020 with an initial grant of $10 million from India to deal with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.Members of SAARC (8)– Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
- According to which UN agency’s report, protecting peatlands can help attain climate goals?
1) International Fund For Agricultural Development
2) International Civil Aviation Organization
3) International Maritime Organization
4) Food and Agriculture Organization
5) United Nations Industrial Development Organization
Answer-4) Food and Agriculture Organization
In accordance with the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations (UN) report, Peatlands are facing degradation and need to be urgently monitored. The report authored by 35 experts comprised information as well as recommendations to countries on restoring and managing peatland.
- How much amount is opened for emergency credit line for Yes Bank by Reserve Bank of India (in March 2020)?
1) 48,000 Cr
2) 24,000 Cr
3) 59,000 Cr
4) 36,000 Cr
5) 68,000 Cr
Answer-3) 59,000 Cr
After the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) reconstruction plan for Yes Bank, the latter has resumed its standard operations from last week. Now, to keep the liquidity of the bank for paying back to its depositors stable, RBI has opened an emergency line of credit of Rs 59,000 crore. This liquidity support to Yes Bank is an additional liquidity arsenal provided under Section 17 (4) of the RBI Act, 1934 as the bank has no solvency problem or any other issue except liquidity.
- How much percentage of profit of State Bank of India for the FY 2019-20 will be used by bank to combat COVID-19?
State Bank of India (SBI),the country’s largest lender has announced to provide 0.25% of its annual profit for Fiscal Year(FY)2019-20 to fight Covid-19 pandemic in India, which will be spent from corporate social responsibility (CSR) funds after the notification of Ministry of Corporate Affairs(MCA) under the companies law 2013, which stated that companies have to shell out at least 2% of their three-year annual net profit towards CSR activities in a particular financial year to fight against Covid-19 pandemic.
- What is the maximum limit of on-lending allowed for NBFCs for ‘term lending’ component under agriculture per borrower as per revised norms of RBI?
1) 5 Lakh
2) 15 Lakh
3) 10 Lakh
4) 25 Lakh
5) 50 Lakh
Answer-3) 10 Lakh
To boost credit disbursement in the targeted segment like agriculture, Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) and housing sector, RBI has extended the priority sector classification for bank loans to Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) for on-lending for Fiscal year 2020-21.As per the revised norms, on-lending by NBFCs for ‘term lending’ component under agriculture will be allowed up to Rs 10 lakh per borrower.
- The NABARD provides finance assistance of Rs. 42,313 crores in FY 2019-20 for building rural infrastructure. Where is the HQ of NABARD located?
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) provides financial support of Rs 42,313 crores in the Financial Year(FY) 2019-20 for building rural infrastructure. The HQ of NABARD located at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- The Credit rating agency S&P has lowered India’s growth forecast for FY 21 to _____.
Standard & Poor’s (S&P) Global Ratings, the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings, has slashed India’s economic growth forecast to 5.2 % from 6.5 % estimated earlier for fiscal year-FY 21 (April 2020 to March 2021) due to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), which has affected the economy worldwide.
- In which Indian city, the Reliance foundation has set up India’s 1st dedicated COVID-19 centre?
3) New Delhi
As a measure to curb deadly coronavirus (COVID-19), Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital in collaboration with the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), has set up India’s first 100 bedded centre at Seven Hills Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra for positive COVID 19 patients. The Centre fully funded by Reliance Foundation, includes a negative pressure room that helps in preventing cross contamination and helps control infection, among necessary infrastructure and bio-medical equipment.
- Name the Company, which become 1st Indian firm to make diagnostic test kid for COVID-19?
The National Institute of Virology (NIV) has given its nod to Pune (Maharashtra) based Mylab Discovery Solutions Pvt Ltd to make diagnostic test kits (also known as MylabPathoDetect COVID-19 Qualitative PCR kit) for novel coronavirus (COVID-19). With this, it becomes the 1st Indian company to develop the first made-in-India test kit for the disease in a period of 6- weeks. Germany-based Altona Diagnostics has also received the approval.
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan has become the Chief Minister for 4th time to which Indian State/UT?
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) New Delhi
5) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-3) Madhya Pradesh
Shivraj Singh Chouhan(61) took oath as Chief Minister(CM) of Madhya Pradesh(MP)for the 4th time. He will succeed Kamal Nath who was in power for 15 months.
- Ramesh Sobti retries as MD&CEO of which of the following Private Sector Bank?
1) ICICI Bank
2) KVB Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) IndusInd Bank
Answer-5) IndusInd Bank
Private sector lender IndusInd Bank Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Ramesh Sobti, 70 years old, retired. The bank’s consumer head, SumantKathpalia will serve as the MD and CEO of IndusInd bank for the period of 3 years.
- Name the person who has won the annual PEN/Hemingway Award 2020 for the Novel” A Prayer for Travelers”.
1) Joshua Ferris
2) Teju Cole
3) Yaa Gyasi
4) Tommy Orange
5) Ruchika Tomar
Answer-5) Ruchika Tomar
The Indian-origin American author Ruchika Tomar is named as the winner of the annual PEN/Hemingway Award 2020 for her 1st novel (debut)”A Prayer for Travelers”. She hails from California & is currently working as a lecturer at Stanford University.
- Name the person who has honoured with India International Film Tourism Conclave (IIFTC) Tourism Impact Award 2020.
1) Mira Nair
2) Zoya Akhtar
3) Gauri Shinde
4) Farah Khan
5) Deepa Mehta
Answer-2) Zoya Akhtar
Zoya Akhter honoured with IIFTC Tourism Impact Award 2020 during the 8th India International Film Tourism Conclave (IIFTC) held in Mumbai, Maharashtra on March 5-7, 2020. The award was presented by NaheedNenshi– Mayor of Calgary, Alberta (Canada) in recognition of her outstanding contribution to the world tourism through her cinema. She has promoted tourism through her films like 2011 ‘Zindagi Na MilegiDobara’ which was shot in Spain, and 2015 comedy-drama ‘DilDhadakne Do’ shot in Turkey.
- Name the Country which has tested its 1st nuclear capable hypersonic missile (in March 2020).
4) United States
5) United Kingdom
Answer-4) United States
In a major development, the United States (US) Navy and Armyhas successfully tested its common hypersonic glide body (C-HGB), a first unarmed prototype of a hypersonic missile capable of carrying nuclear warheads. The test was carried out at the Pacific Missile Range Facility in Kauai, Hawaii and was monitored by Missile Defence Agency (MDA) of US Department of Defence i.e. The Pentagon.
- Canada is the 1st country to back out of Tokyo Olympics 2020. What is the capital of Canada?
The Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Committee jointly announced that it would not send any of its athletes to participate in the Tokyo Olympics 2020 which is scheduled on July 24, 2020 in Japan, due to the spread of Coronavirus disease rapidly across the world. Thus, Canada becomes the first country to back out of Tokyo Olympics 2020. The Capital of Canada is Ottawa.
- The World Tuberculosis Day 2020 is Observed annually on March 24. What is the theme for the World TB day 2020?
1) Unite to end TB
2) It’s Time
3) Wanted: Leaders for a TB-free world
4) It’s Time to End TB
5) Reach the 3 Million: Reach, Treat, Cure Everyone
Answer-2) It’s Time
World Tuberculosis Day is being observed on March 24 globally to raise awareness of Tuberculosis (TB) disease and the efforts made to eliminate the disease. The date marks the day in 1882 when Dr Robert Koch announced that he had discovered the bacterium that causes TB. World TB Day is one of the 8 official global health campaigns marked by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Theme of the year 2020: ‘It’s Time’.
- When was the International Achievers Day celebrated every year?
1) March 18
2) March 22
3) March 16
4) March 30
5) March 24
Answer-5) March 24
International Day for Achievers (IDA) is observed every year on March 24, to honour the achievers who have shown determination and confidence on their journey.
- The International Day for the Right to the Truth Concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims observed every year on ______.
1) March 24
2) December 12
3) September 22
4) July 22
5) August 14
Answer-1) March 24
International Day for the Right to the Truth Concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims is observed every year on March 24 to honor those who have dedicated & lost their lives in struggle to promote & protect human rights for all.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Shaheed Diwas was celebrated annually on?
- What is the Installed solar power capacity of the country till Feb 2020?
A total 35-gigawatt grid connected solar power capacity has been installed in the country till last month. Giving a written reply in the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for New and Renewable Energy, R.K. Singh
- Who is the present Drugs Controller General of India (March 2020)?
Answer-Dr. V. G. Somani
- Where is National Institute of Virology located?
- Panna National park is in which Indian state?
- Shaheed Diwas was celebrated annually on?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]