AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 25 June 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- Which of the following points are ‘correct’ with respect to the recent (in June’22) inauguration by the PM Narendra Modi?
A) PM inaugurated the new premises of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry namely ‘Vanijya Bhawan’, and launched a new portal National Import-Export Record for Yearly Analysis of Trade (NIRYAT ).
B) Vanijya Bhawan building has been completed at the cost of Rs 226 crore and will serve as an integrated and modern office complex for the Ministry of Commerce and Industry’s Departments.
C) NIRYAT Portal is developed as a one stop platform for stakeholders to get all necessary information related to India’s foreign trade.
1) Only A
2) Only C
3) Only A & C
4) Only B & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer- 5) All A, B & C
The Prime Minister (PM) of India Narendra Modi inaugurated the new premises of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI) namely ‘Vanijya Bhawan’, and launched a new portal NIRYAT (National Import-Export Record for Yearly Analysis of Trade) during an occasion in Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi, Delhi.
i. Vanijya Bhawan building has been completed in less than the budgeted cost of Rs 226 crore. It will serve as an integrated and modern office complex for its two Departments i.e. Department of Commerce, and Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
ii. NIRYAT Portal is developed as a one stop platform for stakeholders to get all necessary information related to India’s foreign trade.
- As per the BloombergNEF (BNEF)’s report titled “Financing India’s 2030 Renewables Ambition”, India needs _______ investment to achieve the wind and solar capacity goal to 500 gigawatts (GW) by 2030.
1) USD 178 billion
2) USD 223 billion
3) USD 324 billion
4) USD 416 billion
5) USD 512 billionAnswer- 2) USD 223 billion
According to the BloombergNEF (BNEF)’s report titled “Financing India’s 2030 Renewables Ambition”, published in association with the Power Foundation of India, states that India will need USD 223 billion investment to achieve the goals of the government of India to increase the non-fossil power, wind and solar, capacity to 500 gigawatts (GW) by 2030.
i. By 2030, India aims to provide around 50% of its electricity demand from renewable energy. In order to achieve this target, India needs to scale up funding for renewables.
ii. Shantanu Jaiswal, Head of India research at BNEF, was the lead author of the report.
- According to the “Creating Jobs and Cutting Bills: the economic opportunities of a clean energy transition” report, Rapid transition to clean energy could create 1.5 crore new jobs in India by________.
Ahead of the Group of Seven (G7) leader’s summit, We Mean Business Coalition and Cambridge Econometrics published a new report titled “Creating Jobs and Cutting Bills: the economic opportunities of a clean energy transition”.
i. The report states that rapidly implementing policies to end dependency on fossil fuels and switching to clean energy could lead to the creation of 1.5 crore new jobs in India by 2025 and increase savings on electricity bills.
ii. The report also states that India could witness an 8 USD or 10% reduction in per capita energy expenditure by 2025 compared with the business as usual scenario.
- The Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan (GKRA) scheme completed two years on 20th June 2022.
Which ministry is the nodal Ministry of GKRA scheme?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Finance
3) Ministry of Rural Development
4) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
5) Ministry of Road Transport and HighwaysAnswer-3) Ministry of Rural Development
Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan (GKRA), a scheme for migrant workers who were affected during COVID-19 has completed two years. The scheme was launched by the Government to provide immediate employment and livelihood opportunities for migrant workers in India.
i. The Ministry of Rural Development is the nodal Ministry and is implemented in close coordination with the State Governments.
ii. Government of India launched Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan (GKRA) on 20th June in 2020 for a period of 125 days with a resource envelope of 50,000 crore rupees to boost employment and livelihood opportunities for returnee migrant workers in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic.
- As per the Economist Intelligence Unit’s (EIU) Global Liveability Index 2022, New Delhi, India secured a ______ rank in the list, while _______ top the list as World’s Most Liveable City.
1) 80; Copenhagen, Denmark
2) 112; Vienna, Austria
3) 96; Copenhagen, Denmark
4) 150; Melbourne, Australia
5) 100; Vienna, AustriaAnswer- 2) 112; Vienna, Austria
According to the Economist Intelligence Unit’s (EIU) ‘The Global Liveability Index 2022’, which examined 173 cities worldwide, New Delhi, the capital of India, is ranked 112th on the list of the most liveable cities, whereas India’s financial capital, Mumbai,(Maharashtra) is ranked 117th.
i. The list is topped by Vienna, Austria’s capital, which made a successful comeback, being crowned the “most liveable city” in the world once again.
ii. Vienna has recaptured the top spot from Auckland, New Zealand, which fell to 34th place in 2022 due to COVID-19 pandemic restrictions.
- Khuvsgul Lake is one of the 11 newly added biosphere reserves to the UNESCO World Network of Biosphere Reserves. It is located in which country?
5) CameroonAnswer- 2) Mongolia
The 34th session of the International Co-ordinating Council (ICC) of the Man and the Biosphere (MAB) Programme of the UNESCO held at UNESCO headquarters in Paris, France from 13th to 17th June 2022 approved to add 11 new biosphere reserves in 9 countries to the United Nations Educational, Scientific And Cultural Organization (UNESCO) World Network of Biosphere Reserves.
i. The Khuvsgul Lake, located in Khuvsgul Province of Mongolia near the Russian borders, is the largest freshwater lake in Mongolia.
ii. Including the 11 new sites, there are 738 biosphere reserves in 134 countries, including 22 transboundary sites.
- Which organisation recently (in June’22) launched a Dhan Sanchay Savings scheme, savings life insurance plan?
1) HDFC Standard Life Insurance
2) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
3) Life Insurance Corporation of India
4) Max Life Insurance
5) Exide Life InsuranceAnswer-3) Life Insurance Corporation of India
The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has launched a Dhan Sanchay Savings scheme, which is a non-linked, non-participating, individual, savings life insurance plan providing guaranteed Income Benefit and Terminal Benefit (Life protection) payable at the time of maturity of scheme.
i. The plan is available for a term of minimum 5 years to maximum 15 years depending on the option chosen by the policyholder.
- Who was recently (in June’22) appointed as a member of the Advisory Committee of Srei Infrastructure Finance Limited (SIFL) and Srei Equipment Finance Limited (SEFL)?
1) Ashish Chauhan
2) R Subramaniakumar
3) G. Mahalingam
4) Manoj Kumar
5) Venkat Nageswar ChalasaniAnswer-5) Venkat Nageswar Chalasani
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) appointed Venkat Nageswar Chalasani, former Deputy Managing Director of SBI, as a member of the Advisory Committee of Srei Infrastructure Finance Limited (SIFL) and Srei Equipment Finance Limited (SEFL) with effect from 22nd June 2022. He succeeds R Subramaniakumar, ,Former MD & CEO, Indian Overseas Bank.
i. The three member Advisory Committee shall advise the Administrator in the operations of the SIFL and SEFL during the corporate insolvency resolution process.
ii. The other 2 members of the committee are, T T Srinivasaraghavan (former Managing Director, Sundaram Finance Limited) and Farokh N Subedar (former Chief Operating Officer and Company Secretary, Tata Sons Limited).
- In June 2022, China launched the 2nd Batch of three new remote sensing satellites of Yaogan-35 series by a ________ rocket from the Sichuan Province, southwest China.
1) Long March 4C
2) Long March 3B
3) Long March 2D
4) Long March 4B
5) Long March 5Answer-3) Long March 2D
China successfully launched the 2nd Batch of three new remote sensing satellites of Yaogan-35 series by a Long March (LM)-2D carrier rocket, from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center (XSLC) in Sichuan Province, southwest China.
i. The satellites entered the desired orbit successfully as the second batch of the Yaogan-35 series. XSLC specialises in the insertion of satellites into Geostationary Orbit (GEO), such as broadcast, communication, and meteorological satellites.
ii. Three Yaogan-35 satellites, the first batch, were launched into orbit by China on November 6, 2021. The LM-2D is a two-stage launch vehicle. Its overall length is 41.056 metres (m), and its lift-off mass is 250 tonnes.
- Which state recently (in June’22) signed an agreement with BLS International Services for computerisation, e-governance of registration offices in Public-Private Partnership (PPP) mode?
1) West Bengal
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) TelanganaAnswer-1) West Bengal
BLS International Services, a tech-enabled services partner for governments and citizens, has entered into an agreement with the West Bengal government for computerisation and e-governance of registration offices in Public-Private Partnership (PPP) mode in the Presidency Zone.
i. BLS International Services Ltd. has been selected by the Directorate of Registration and Stamp Revenue, Govt. of West Bengal for Computerization and e-Governance of Registration offices in West Bengal.
ii. In the project, the company will procure, install and commission the hardware for 81 offices under the Presidency Zone.