AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 25 June 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Identify the points that are correctly related to the BRICS Green Hydrogen Summit 2021:
A) BRICS countries jointly hosted the summit & set-up an International standard for safe transportation & storage of Green Hydrogen
B) The summit was virtually organised by the New Development Bank
C) In 2021, India launched the National Hydrogen Mission (NHM) to boost the manufacturing of hydrogen and fuel cells technologies
1) Only A & C
2) Only B
3) Only A & B
4) Only C
5) Only B & C
Answer-4) Only C
India hosted the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China & South Africa) Green Hydrogen Summit 2021 which took place virtually from June 22-23, 2021. The event was organised by NTPC Ltd.
i.India called for common international standards for green hydrogen to ensure safe transportation and storage
ii.Hydrogen, when produced by electrolysis using renewable energy is known as Green Hydrogen, it has no carbon footprint.
iii.India launched the National Hydrogen Mission (NHM) in 2021, to develop India into a global hub for the manufacturing of hydrogen and fuel cells technologies
- Which country recently (in June’21) signed the framework agreement of the International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement (ISA FA) and Instrument of Ratification with India?
The Kingdom of Denmark signed the framework agreement of the International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement (ISA FA) and Instrument of Ratification with India. With this, Denmark became the 1st country to ratify ISA FA after the amendments to it entered into force on January 8, 2021.
Headquarters – Gurugram, Haryana
Prime Minister – Mette Frederiksen
Capital – Copenhagen
Currency – Danish Krone
- ___________ was the ranked as India’s Most livable Capital City in the ‘Ease of Living Index 2020’ released by _____________________.
1) Chennai; NITI Aayog
2) Bangalore; Centre for Science and Environment
3) Bangalore; Centre for Policy Research
4) Bangalore; NITI Aayog
5) Chennai; Centre for Policy Research
Answer-2) Bangalore; Centre for Science and Environment
According to the ‘Ease of Living Index 2020’ released by Centre for Science & Environment (CSE) – Bengaluru (Karnataka) with a score of 66.7 has been ranked as India’s most livable capital city followed by Chennai, Tamil Nadu and Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
- Name the organisation that partnered (in June’21) with National Skill Development Corporation to launch ‘Digital Skill Champions Programme’
WhatsApp & National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) launched its ‘Digital Skill Champions Programme’. The programme aims to train Indian youth on digital skills to make them employable and more productive in their work environment.
2 broad areas of collaborations
WhatsApp Digital Skills Academy
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK) & WhatsApp Business App Training sessions
- In June 2021, the Environment Ministry constituted a “Coastal Zone Management Authority” to protect & improve the quality of coastal environment of which state?
3) Tamil Nadu
In June 2021, the Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change notified about the constitution of the ‘Karnataka Coastal Zone Management Authority’ to protect and improve the quality of the state’s coastal environment.
i.The authority is a 15-member body and it is headed by the Additional Chief Secretary, State Department of Forest, Ecology and Environment, Bengaluru.
- Which Indian Institute Topped among the Global ‘Pioneering B-schools (Level 5)’ in the 2nd edition of the Positive Impact Rating (PIR) 2021?
1) Goa Institute of Management
2) SP Jain Institute of Management and Research
3) International Management Institute
4) XLRI – Xavier School of Management
5) Great Lakes Institute of Management
Answer-1) Goa Institute of Management
The Goa Institute of Management (GIM) was Top ranked among the Pioneering Business Schools (B-school) in the 2nd edition of the Positive Impact Rating (PIR) 2021.
i.4 business schools were ranked globally in the list of PIR 2021 as the ‘Pioneering B-schools (Level 5)’, in which 3 were of the Indian business schools.
- Which company partnered with SBI Cards (in June’21) to issue co-branded Contactless Credit Cards to issue rewards on shopping?
3) Big Bazaar
SBI Cards & Payment Services, in partnership with Fabindia, launched co-branded contactless credit cards named ‘Fabindia SBI Card’ and ‘Fabindia SBI Card SELECT’ to offer a rewarding shopping experience to its premium customers.
i.It offers 10% value back to customers for buying in-stores at Fabindia
- What is India’s GDP projection (as of June’21) for FY22 as per S&P Global Ratings?
In June 2021, S&P Global Ratings revised India’s economic growth projection in FY22 to 9.5 percent from its earlier forecast of 11 percent. It projected the growth for FY23 at 7.8 percent.
RBI – FY22 to 9.5%
World Bank – FY22 to 8.3%
ICRA – FY22 to 8.5%
Moody’s – FY22 to 9.3%
- Identify the points that are correctly related to the Inaugural Edition of ICC World Test Championship 2021:
A) 1st Edition of ICC World Test Championship held in Wellington, New Zealand was won by New Zealand
B) 9 teams competed in the Tournament, where Marnus Labuschagne become the Top run scorer and Ravichandran Ashwin the Top Wicket taker
C) At the end of the Tournament, India’s Ravichandran Ashwin became the ICC World’s No. 1 All-rounder in Test Cricket
1) Only C
2) All A, B & C
3) Only B & C
4) Only B
5) Only A & C
Answer-4) Only B
New Zealand defeated India in the finals of the 2019-2021 ICC World Test Championship to win the Inaugural Edition of ICC World Test Championship 2021 (for men). The finals were held at Rose Bowl, Southampton, England from June 18-23, 2021.
i.New Zealand’s Kyle Jamieson was named as the Player of the Match Award
ii.9 Teams competed in 71 Test matches in 27 series across two years from 2019-21
iii.The highest run scorer in the 2019-21 ICC World Test Championship was Australia’s Marnus Labuschagne (1675 runs) & highest wicket taker was India’s Ravichandran Ashwin (71)
iv.India’s Ravindra Jadeja was ranked as the World’s No. 1 All-rounder in Test Cricket, while Ravichandran Ashwin moved to 4th rank
- Name the Title of India’s official Olympic theme song that was launched by Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju in June 2021.
1) Tu Thaan Ley
2) One Moment in Time
3) Chak De! India
4) Lakshya Tera Samne Hai
5) Hand in Hand
Answer-4) Lakshya Tera Samne Hai
Kiren Rijiju, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MoYAS) launched the official Olympic theme song titled “Lakshya Tera Samne Hai” of the Indian contingent for the Tokyo Olympics or Summer Games (July 23 to August 8, 2021). The song has been composed and sung by singer Mohit Chauhan