AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 25 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to India’s 1st ever ‘District Good Governance Index (DGGI)’ that was released in January 2022?
A) Union Minister Amit Shah released India’s 1st DGGI’ in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).
B) It was prepared by the Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG) in collaboration with the J&K Government.
C) J&K became the first Indian UT with a Good Governance Index, with key analysis on Governance in different sectors across the 20 Districts of J&K.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & B
4) Only B
5) Only CAnswer-1) All A, B & C
Union Minister Amit Shah released India’s 1st DGGI in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).
i. It was prepared by the Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG) in collaboration with the J & K Government.
ii. J&K became the first Indian UT with a Good Governance Index & it is prepared for the 20 Districts of UT of J&K.
- Which Ministry prepared the revised ‘Rural Area Development Plan Formulation & Implementation (RADPFI) Guidelines’ that was released in January 2022?
1) Ministry of Planning
2) Ministry of Panchayati Raj
3) Ministry of Rural Development
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer-2) Ministry of Panchayati Raj
Giriraj Singh, Union Minister of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj has released the revised Rural Area Development Plan Formulation and Implementation (RADPFI) Guidelines prepared by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
i. He called upon the Panchayati Raj Institutions to take RADPFI Guidelines as “Sankalp Patra ” by leveraging an active ownership approach.
- Which organization recently (in Jan’22) released the ‘Global Cybersecurity Outlook 2022’ report that revealed that Advances in Digitalization led to Increased Cybersecurity incidents?
1) World Economic Forum
2) World Bank
3) International Monetary Fund
4) Asian Development Bank
5) United Nations Development ProgrammeAnswer- 1) World Economic Forum
The annual report titled ‘Global Cybersecurity Outlook 2022’ which was released by the World Economic Forum (WEF) during the virtual Davos Agenda summit 2022 revealed that advances in digitalization and their growth due to the COVID-19 have led to increasingly frequent, costly, and damaging cyber incidents.
- In January 2022, _________ published a study on Artificial Intelligence (AI), which ranked India at ______ position in terms of spending and investments on AI.
1) International Crisis Group; 6th
2) Cato Institute; 4th
3) Brookings Institution; 6th
4) International Crisis Group; 3rd
5) Cato Institute; 7thAnswer-3) Brookings Institution; 6th
India is among the top 10 nations in the world in terms of technological advancements and funding in artificial intelligence (AI), according to findings from a study published by the Brookings Institution.
i. India ranks 6th in terms of spending and investments on AI made by the public, governmental initiatives, as well as private institutions and organizations.
ii. In the AI adoption, Globally India was Positioned at 7th Place while US tops followed by China & UK.
- Name the NBFC that recently (in Jan’22) partnered with ‘One97 Communications’ to provide lending products to merchant partners & consumers.
1) Aditya Birla Finance Ltd
2) India Infoline
3) Fullerton India
4) Bajaj Finance Ltd
5) Muthoot Finance LtdAnswer-3) Fullerton India
Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) Fullerton India and One97 Communications, parent company of Paytm, have joined hands to provide lending products to merchant partners and consumers.
i. Under this partnership, Paytm Postpaid/buy-now-pay-later or innovative merchant loan products will be offered to consumers on the Paytm platform while utilizing Fullerton’s risk assessment capabilities, and understanding of the segment.
- Which Organization recently (in Jan’22) approved a loan of USD 125 million to the West Bengal Government to support social protection service?
2) United Nations Development Programme
3) World Bank
4) Asian Development Bank
5) International Monetary FundAnswer-3) World Bank
The World Bank has approved a loan of USD 125 million to the government of West Bengal (WB) to support its effort towards social protection service access to the poor and vulnerable groups.
i. The loan will be sanctioned under the ‘WB Building State Capability for Inclusive Social Protection’ operation which will strengthen the access to social assistance and targeted service for poor and vulnerable groups.
- Who was recently (in Jan’22) honoured with the Netaji Award for 2022 by Netaji Research Bureau?
1) Yoshihiko Noda
2) Shinzo Abe
3) Yoshiro Mori
4) Yasuo Fukuda
5) Naoto KanAnswer-2) Shinzo Abe
On the occasion of the 125th Birth Anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, Netaji Research Bureau, has honoured Shinzo Abe, former Prime Minister(PM) of Japan, with the Netaji Award 2022.
About Shinzo Abe:
i. Shinzo Abe has served as the PM of Japan & President of the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) from 2006 to 2007.
ii. The government of India honoured Shinzo Abe with the Padma Vibhushan in 2021 for Public Affairs.
- Who was recently (in Jan’22) appointed as the chairperson of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 (PMLA) Adjudicating Authority ?
1) Ajay Gupta
2) Vijendra Singh
3) Athish Matur
4) Vinodanand Jha
5) Abhisekh KumarAnswer-4) Vinodanand Jha
The Union Finance Ministry appointed Vinodanand Jha as the chairperson of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 (PMLA) Adjudicating Authority, New Delhi, Delhi till the completion of his tenure i.e. upto 22nd June 2023.
About Vinodanand Jha:
i. Vinodanand Jha was appointed as the chairperson after he retired from service as the Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax in Pune, Maharashtra.
ii. He has been serving as the Member (Finance and Accounts) in the Adjudicating Authority under PMLA, 2002 since September 2018.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the Syed Modi International Badminton Championship 2022?
A) The championship was organized by Badminton World Federation (BWF) at the Babu Banarasi Das Indoor Stadium, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
B) India’s Saina Nehwal won the women’s singles final against PV Sindhu (India).
C) The mixed doubles title was won by the Indian duo of Ishaan Bhatnagar and Tanisha Crasto against Hema Nagendra Babu (India) and Srivedya Gurazada (India).
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & C
5) Only B & CAnswer-4) Only A & C
The championship was organized by Badminton World Federation (BWF) at the Babu Banarasi Das Indoor Stadium, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
i. PV Sindhu won the women’s singles final against Malvika Bansod (India).
ii. The mixed doubles title was won by the Indian duo of Ishaan Bhatnagar and Tanisha Crasto against Hema Nagendra Babu (India) and Srivedya Gurazada (India).
- Parakram Diwas is annually observed across India on __________ to mark the birth anniversary of ____________.
1) 24th January; Bhagat Singh
2) 25th January; Subhas Chandra Bose
3) 23rd January; Bhagat Singh
4) 24th January; Chandra Shekhar Azad
5) 23rd January; Subhas Chandra BoseAnswer-5) 23rd January; Subhas Chandra Bose
Parakram Diwas also known as Courage Day is annually observed across India on 23rd January, the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose to honour and remember the efforts and contribution of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. 23rd January 2022 marks the observance of the 2nd Parakram Diwas.
i. The 1st ever Parakram Diwas was observed on 23rd January 2021.
ii. Prime Minister(PM) Narendra Modi unveiled a hologram statue of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose at India Gate.
iii. Gujarat Institute of Disaster Management (GIDM) and Professor Vinod Sharma of Sikkim State Disaster Management Authority has been honoured with the Subhas Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2022 for their excellent work in disaster management.