AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 25 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Recently (In Feb’21), The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) approved INR 8, 300 Crore for procurement of 118 indigenously developed Arjun Mark – 1A (MK-1A). What is Arjun MK-1A?
1) Cruise Missile
2) Stealth Submarine
3) Laser Cannon
4) Battle Tank
5) Stealth BomberAnswer-4) Battle Tank
On February 23, 2021, The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) headed by Defence Minister Rajnath singh approved 3 Acceptance of Necessities (AoNs) worth INR 13, 700 Crore for defence procurement to Indian Army, Navy & Air Force. Out of INR 13, 700 Crore, (~) INR 8, 300 Crore will be sent for procuring 118 indigenously developed Arjun Main Battle Tank (MK-1A) which was handed over to the Indian Army by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Chennai in February, 2020.
- Where is the Asia’s largest Cattle Park, Advanced Institute for Integrated Research on Livestock and Animal Sciences (AIIRLAS) located?
1) Hubli, Karnataka
2) Ongole, Andhra Pradesh
3) Ludhiana, Punjab
4) Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
5) Salem, Tamil NaduAnswer-5) Salem, Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu CM Edappadi K Palaniswami inaugurated Asia’s biggest cattle park, Advanced Institute for Integrated Research on Livestock and Animal Sciences (AIIRLAS) in Thalaivasal, Salem district. It was constructed at a cost of Rs 1,023 crore. In a bid to help farmers to get more milk from the existing exotic breed, the state govt. will set up a frozen semen station. This will develop high milk yielding indigenous and crossbred cows.
- Recently (in Feb’21), “National Urban Digital Mission (NUDM)” was launched to create a digital infrastructure all over India by ________.
5) 2022Answer-3) 2024
On February 23, 2021, Minister of State (MoS) Hardeep Singh Puri, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) and Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) virtually launched a “National Urban Digital Mission (NUDM)” to create a digital infrastructure for Indian cities in 2022 cities by 2022 and Pan-India by 2024.
- Which organisation received the Genome Valley Excellence Award for the year 2021 during the BioAsia 2021 event?
1) Bharat Biotech
2) Serum Institute of India
3) Indian Council of Medical Research
4) AIIMS, New Delhi
5) JIPMERAnswer-1) Bharat Biotech
During the BioAsia 2021, 2 major awards were announced. They are,
1) The Genome Valley Excellence Award for the year 2021 was awarded to ‘Bharat Biotech’ for its commitment to development of India’s 1st Indigenous vaccine for COVID-19 called ‘COVAXIN’.
2) Special Award of the Federation of Asian Biotech Associations (FABA) was presented to Balram Bhargava, Director-General of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Secretary to Central Government’s Department of Health Research.
- Where is the World’s Largest Cricket Stadium, “Narendra Modi Cricket Stadium” located?
2) New Delhi
5) AhmedabadAnswer-5) Ahmedabad
President, Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the World’s Largest Cricket Stadium, the refurbished Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, which was renamed as Narendra Modi Cricket Stadium. The stadium has seating capacity for 1.32 lakh spectators. The stadium was conceptualized by Narendra Modi, when he was Chief Minister of Gujarat. He was also the then president of Gujarat Cricket Association.
- Which is the 1st African country to sign a trade Agreement (in Feb’21) with India?
5) Sierra LeoneAnswer-1) Mauritius
External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar, had a 4-day visit to Maldives and Mauritius in February 2021. In Mauritius he signed the India-Mauritius Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement (CECPA), covering 310 export items for India including food items, beverages, electrical products, telecom, and a variety of other items such as sea food. It is a 1st trade Agreement signed by India with a country in Africa.
- Which bank (in Feb’21) signed an MoU with Stellapps, an IIT Madras incubated dairy-tech startup to digitize milk procurement?
1) Equitas Small Finance Bank
2) India Post Payments Bank
3) Federal Bank
4) Karur Vysya Bank
5) Airtel Payments BankAnswer-2) India Post Payments Bank
Stellapps, an IIT Madras incubated dairy-tech startup signed an MoU with India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) to digitize the dairy milk procurement value chain and improve banking facilities at milk collection centres. Recently, Stellapps launched mooPay in Bhilwara district of Rajasthan. It is a first-of-its-kind fully automated direct payment platform for dairy processors, including cooperatives.
- Who was appointed (in Feb’21) as the President of Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO)?
1) S K Saraf
2) A Sakthivel
3) Varsha Joshi
4) Prasanth Prabhakaran
5) SN RajeswariAnswer-2) A Sakthivel
The Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) has unanimously elected Padma Shri Dr A Sakthivel as its president. He is the owner and Founder of Poppys Group of Companies of Tirupur, Tamil Nadu and is currently the Chairman of Apparel Export Promotion Council(AEPC). He succeeds Sharad Kumar (S K) Saraf, a Mumbai-based businessman.
- Who is the American Indian responsible for handling the Guidance, Navigation, and Controls Operations (GN&C) of NASA’s ‘Perseverance rover’ to Mars?
1) Swati Mohan
2) Minal Rohit
3) Ritu Karidhal
4) Moumita Dutta
5) Shruthika PadhyAnswer-1) Swati Mohan
On February 18, 2021, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) Perseverance rover of Mars 2020 mission successfully landed on the surface of Mars.
Notably, its Guidance, Navigation, and Controls Operations (GN&C) were handled by Indian-American Swati Mohan.
- Who partnered with Kamilla Radhikova to win the WTA 250 Doubles title at Phillip Island Trophy Tennis Tournament?
1) Anna Blinkova
2) Sania Mirza
3) Karman Kaur Thandi
4) Ankita Raina
5) Riya BhatiaAnswer-4) Ankita Raina
India’s Ankita Raina partnered with Russia’s Kamilla Radhikova to defeat the Russian pair of Anna Blinkova & Anastasia Potapova in the final of Phillip Island Trophy Tennis Tournament at Melbourne, Australia to win her maiden WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) 250 Doubles title. The win made Ankita India’s First WTA Champion since Sania Mirza.