AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 25 December 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Union Cabinet has approved post metric scholarship scheme worth Rs. 59,000 crores for students belonging to ______ on December, 2020.
1) Economically Weaker Section
2) Scheduled Tribes
3) Scheduled Caste
4) Only 1, 2
5) All 1, 2, 3
Answer- 3) Scheduled Caste
On December 23, 2020, the Union Cabinet, headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved the following proposals:
i.Approved Merger of Five Film Media Units through Rationalization of Infrastructure, Manpower and Other Resources.
ii.Approved Revision in guidelines for providing Direct to Home (DTH) Services in India.
iii.Approved ordinance to protect Delhi’s unauthorised colonies from punitive action.
iv.Approved ₹59,000 crores post-matric scholarship scheme for 4 crores Scheduled Caste students.
- Which Ministry collaborated with Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) to announce a Grand Challenge for the Strengthening of “CoWIN” – COVID Vaccine Intelligence Network , on December 2020?
1) Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST)
2) Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH)
3) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC)
4) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW)
5) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA)
Answer-4) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW)
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) & Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) announced a Grand Challenge for the Strengthening of “CoWIN” – COVID Vaccine Intelligence Network (CoWIN). CoWIN is a digital platform developed by MoHFW to roll out & scale up mechanisms for COVID Vaccine Distribution System (VDS) across India. Top 2 contestants of the challenge will be rewarded with INR 40 Lakhs & 20 Lakhs.
- Where was India’s indigenously High Power Electric Locomotives manufactured in collaboration with Alstom, France, making India the 6th country to manufacture such rail locomotives?
1) Chittaranjan Locomotive Works, Chittaranjan
2) Diesel-Loco Modernisation Works, Patiala
3) Golden Rock Railway Workshop, Tiruchirapall
4) Diesel Locomotive Works, Varanasi
5) Electric Locomotive Factory, Madhepura
Answer- 5) Electric Locomotive Factory, Madhepura
India became the 6th Country to manufacture High Power Electric Locomotives indigenously, in 2015 Ministry of Railways & Alstom (France) signed a contract worth €3.5 billion (INR 25,000 crore) to produce High Power Electric Locomotives at Madhepura Electric Loco Factory in Bihar. It was the largest ever Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) project of Indian Railways. The contract allowed for manufacturing of 800 Prima Locomotives at the Madhepura Electric Loco Factory, Bihar.
- What is the new extended date for the suspension of Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code (IBC) given by Ministry of Corporate Affairs to ease out the difficulties caused due to COVID-19, on December 2020?
1) February 28, 2021
2) March 25, 2021
3) April 30, 2021
4) March 1, 2021
5) June 25, 2021
Answer-2) March 25, 2021
On December 22, 2020 the Ministry of Corporate Affairs extended the suspension of Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code (IBC) by another 3 months to March 25, 2021. The Previous suspension was about to expire on December 25, 2020. The Government of India had suspended IBC to help businesses cope with the financial difficulties created by COVID-19. As part of the ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’ package, the Government of India raised the minimum limit to initiate insolvency proceedings to INR 1 Crore from INR 1 Lakh to protect micro, small & medium enterprises (MSMEs) from bankruptcy.
- Which country will host Global Media and Film Summit in 2021?
3) United States
4) South Korea
On December 16, 2020 Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting addressed the Confederation of Indian Industry(CII) Big Picture Summit 2020. During the event mentioned that India will host Global Media and Film Summit in 2021. He also announced the Indian govt in cooperation with Indian Institute of Technology(IIT)Bombay is forming a Center of Excellence, where the courses in Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comic (AVGC) will be offered.
- Which birds are the focus of conservation under the “Firefly Bird Diverter” initiative of the Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) and Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) to reduce mortality caused by overhead power lines?
1) Indian Peafowl
2) Great Indian Bustard
3) Indian Grey Hornbill
4) White-Rumped Vulture
5) Bengal Florican
Answer-2) Great Indian Bustard
“Firefly Bird Diverter” a unique initiative of the Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) and Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) to reduce the mortality of the Great Indian Bustard (GIB) from the overhead power lines in areas with high population of GIB in the wild. Under this initiative, around 1813 diverter flaps, called “fireflies”, were installed on the lines, which can be spotted by the birds from a distance of 50 meters and change their course.
- Where was Bihar’s 1st Glass Bridge being constructed as of December, 2020?
Inspired by the glass bridge in China, a similar bridge is being constructed at Rajgir in Bihar’s Nalanda district. Apart from the glass bridge, a Nature and Zoo Safari is also in the making in the area. The bridge is scheduled to get completed by 2021.
- Which Indian State was affected by Cyclone ‘Burevi’?
4) Tamil Nadu
5) West Bengal
Answer-4) Tamil Nadu
The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has deputed an Inter-Ministerial Central Team (IMCT), led by a Joint Secretary to assess damages caused by Cyclone ‘Burevi’ in Tamil Nadu. Cyclone ‘Burevi’ disrupted the livelihood and power supply in various districts of Tamil Nadu.
- Which Bank signed an MoU with Indian Green Building Council (IGBC), a part of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to promote green building in India, on December, 2020?
1) Canara Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) HDFC Bank
4) UCO Bank
5) ICICI Bank
Answer-3) HDFC Bank
HDFC Limited has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Indian Green Building Council (IGBC), a part of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to promote green building in India. HDFC will collaborate with IGBC to create awareness and promote financing green buildings through joint training and awareness programme to enable the capacity building across India. Green building is a practice to increase the efficiency of the buildings or a site to optimise the use of energy, water, and materials and reduce its impacts on the human health and environment throughout its lifecycle.
- Which Financial Institution launched its flagship ‘Team Cashless India’ campaign in Coimbatore targeting small and medium merchants of Tier 2 & 3 cities, on December, 2020?
1) Capital One
3) American Express
Targeting small and medium merchants of Tier two and three cities, payment technology major Mastercard launched its flagship ‘Team Cashless India’ campaign in the Coimbatore city to boost digital payments.
- Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi recently approved the signing of India’s Revised Air Services agreement with __________ on December, 2020.
1) Bangladesh & Myanmar
2) China & USA
3) Philippines & Afghanistan
4) Malaysia & Singapore
5) USA & Brazil
Answer- 3) Philippines & Afghanistan
On December 23, 2020, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the signing of a Revised Air Services agreement between India & 2 Countries – Philippines & Afghanistan. The agreement will help in creating an environment for enhanced & seamless connectivity between the air service carriers of both sides. Apart from ensuring safety & security, the agreement has the capacity to increase trade, investment, tourism & cultural exchanges with India & both the countries. The agreement is being seen as an important landmark in civil aviation relations.
- Which organisation signed an MoU with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to set up a Regional Academic Centre for Space(RAC-S) on its Campus, on December, 2020?
1) IIT- Banaras Hindu University (IIT- BHU)
2) Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
3) Hindu College, University of Delhi
4) Jamia Millia Islamia (JMU)
5) Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Answer-1) IIT- Banaras Hindu University (IIT- BHU)
On December 23, 2020 Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) signed Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Indian Institute of Technology(IIT)-Banaras Hindu University(BHU) to set up its Regional Academic Centre for Space(RAC-S) at the institute. This will enable advanced research in the future technology of the Indian space program. To ease the short and long term projects at the institute so as to advance the research and development culture among students.
- Which organisation recently signed an MoU with CSIR-NIO (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research – National Institute of Oceanography) to collaborate & exchange expertise in the field of Oceanography, on December 2020?
1) Indian Coast Guard
2) International SeaKeepers Society
3) International Marinelife Alliance
4) Indian Navy
5) Society for Marine Research and Conservation
Answer-4) Indian Navy
On December 24, 2020 The Indian Navy represented by Integrated Headquarters, Directorate of Naval Oceanology & Meteorology (DNOM) & CSIR-NIO (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research – National Institute of Oceanography) virtually signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate & exchange expertise in the field of Oceanography. The MoU was signed by Commodore AA Abhyankar, Commodore Naval Oceanology and Meteorology & Professor Sunil Kumar Singh, Director of CSIR-NIO.
- Which state government recently signed an MoU with SAP India to enhance competitiveness of MSMEs in the state through digital skilling, on December 2020?
1) Madhya Pradesh
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
On December 23, 2020 Telangana government and SAP India signed Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) to equip Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises(MSMEs) in the state with digital skilling and technology. This will pave the way for MSMEs to become self-reliant and globally competitive through Digitization.
- Which State government recently signed an MoU with IIT Madras to help implementing data-driven system approach for Road Safety similar to Tamil Nadu Model of Road Safety, on December, 2020?
Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Madras has signed Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Rajasthan government to help the state to implement a structured framework for a data-driven systems approach to road safety. As per the MoU, Rehabilitation Bioengineering Group (RBG) Labs at IIT Madras will help the state to implement the Tamil Nadu Model of Road Safety.
- Who was approved by RBI to get appointed as the new Executive Director of ICICI Bank for a period of 3 years on December, 2020?
1) Sandeep Batra
2) Chanda Kochhar
3) Rishi Gupta
4) Shyam Srinivasan
5) Rakesh Sharma
Answer-1) Sandeep Batra
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had approved the appointment of Sandeep Batra as Executive director of ICICI bank for a period of three years. Batra is currently serving as the president of ICICI Bank at the corporate centre of the bank.
- Who headed the 31-member Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs that presented a report on ‘Management of COVID-19 pandemic and related issues’ to Rajya Sabha Chairman, Venkaiah Naidu?
1) Veerappa Moily
2) Anand Sharma
3) Girish Bapat
4) Jairam Ramesh
5) Ghulam Nabi Azad
Answer-2) Anand Sharma
On December 21, 2020, The 31-member Committee (10 from Rajya Sabha, 21 from Lok Sabha) Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs headed by Rajya Sabha MP, Anand Sharma presented a report on ‘Management of COVID-19 pandemic and related issues’ to Rajya Sabha Chairman – Venkaiah Naidu (Vice President). The report lauded the Government’s efforts in controlling the spread of COVID-19, but pointed out the deficiency of testing facilities at Airports throughout March 2020.
- Which organisation alongside US Navy successfully launched the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet Block III version using a ski-jump at Naval Air Station(NAS) Patuxent River, Maryland?
5) General Electric
On December 21, 2020, Boeing & United States (US) Navy successfully launched the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet Block III version using a ski-jump at Naval Air Station (NAS) Patuxent River, Maryland. The Launch showcases the compatibility of Super Hornet to operate from Short Take-Off But Arrested Recovery (STOBAR) configured Indian Aircraft carriers such as INS (Indian Naval Ship) Vikramaditya & future INS Vikrant. With this, Boeing has put Super Hornet in contention for Indian Navy’s Fighter Jets procurement.
- Which organisation jointly developed Medium-Range Surface-to-Air Missile (MRSAM) along with Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) to conduct India’s first army variant of the test?
1) Israel Aerospace Industries
3) Hindustan Aeronautics
4) Rafael Advanced Defense Systems
5) CSIR- National Aerospace Laboratories
Answer- 1) Israel Aerospace Industries
On December 23, 2020 India successfully conducted the first army variant test of Medium-Range Surface-to-Air Missile (MRSAM) from Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, Odisha. The missile has been jointly developed by Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) & Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI). The MRSAM has been manufactured by Bharat Dynamics Ltd (BDL). The army variant includes a command post, a multi-function radar & mobile launcher system.
- Who is the author of the book “Covid-19: Sabhyata ka Sankat aur Samadhan”?
1) Harivansh Narayan Singh
2) Giriraj Kishore
3) Kailash Satyarthi
4) Gopaldas Neeraj
5) Jagdish Raj
Answer-3) Kailash Satyarthi
On 17th December 2020, former Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra and Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman Harivansh Narayan Singh launched Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi’s new book titled “Covid-19: Sabhyata ka Sankat aur Samadhan” (Covid-19: Crisis of Civilisation and Solutions). This Hindi book was published by Prabhat Prakashan.
- Late Sugathakumari from kerala, received Padma Shri award in 2006 for her contribution towards ______.
1) Public Affairs
3) Social work
Answer-4) Literature in Malayalam
On 23rd December 2020, Padma Shri awardee Sugathakumari renowned Malayalam poet and environmental activist passed away at the age of 86 in the Medical College Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. She died due to COVID-19 complications. She was born on 22nd January 1934 in Kingdom of Travancore, British India (present day Kerala, India).She received the Padma Shri in 2006 for her literature work in Malayalam.
- What is the theme of National Consumer Day 2020 that is annually observed across India on 24th December?
1) Smart Consumer Movement, Independent and Love Domestic Products
2) Alternate Consumer Grievance/Dispute Redressal
3) Consumer Protection in Digital Era
4) New Features of Consumer Protection Act, 2019
5) Timely Disposal of Consumer Complaints
Answer-4) New Features of Consumer Protection Act, 2019
The theme of National Consumer Day 2020 is “New Features of Consumer Protection Act, 2019”. The National Consumer Day is annually observed across India on 24th December to highlight the importance of the consumer movement and the needs to ensure that customers are aware of their rights and responsibilities. The National Consumer Day marks the day on which the Consumer Protection Act 1986 received the presidential assent.
- Which of the following is India’s 1st digital asset management platform that was launched by Amitabh Kant, CEO of NITI Aayog on December, 2020?
4) Saksham Bharat
On December 22, 2020 Amitabh Kant, CEO of National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog virtually launched India’s 1st digital asset management platform, DigiBoxx. The digital file storage, sharing, and management SaaS product provides storage options for individuals and organisations of all sizes and industries. This cloud storage service was created by a tech startup founded and promoted by Arnab Mitra, MD, LIQVD ASIA along with Ashish Jalan and Vivek Suchanti, Concept Group.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Across which river is the World’s tallest rail bridge being constructed?
1) Jhelum River
2) Poonch River
3) Brahmaputra River
4) Chenab River
5) Godavari River
Answer-4) Chenab River
World’s tallest rail bridge constructed at the height of 359 meters across Chenab River. The Chenab Bridge, which is under construction between Bakkal and Kauri at Reasi District, Jammu and Kashmir.
- Who was the current Minister of State for Civil Aviation as of December 2020?
1) Piyush Goyal
2) Suresh Prabhu
3) Narendra Singh Tomar
4) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
5) Hardeep Singh Puri
Answer-5) Hardeep Singh Puri
Hardeep Singh Puri is an Indian politician, former diplomat who is the current Civil Aviation Minister of India and Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs in India as of December, 2020.
- When was the Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code (IBC) of India introduced?
Introduced in 2016, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code (IBC) is a one stop solution for resolving insolvencies. It aims to tackle the bad loan problems which affected the banking system.
- Where is Rana Pratap Sagar Dam located?
Rana Pratap Sagar dam is a gravity dam on Chambal river in Rajasthan.
- Where is Wheeler Island located?
2) Tamil Nadu
Dr. Abdul Kalam Island, formerly known as Wheeler Island, is an island off the coast of Odisha.
- Who is the current President of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on December, 2020?
1) T. V. Narendran
2) Chandrajit Banerjee
3) Chanda Kochhar
4) Uday Kotak
5) O. P. Bhatt
Answer-4) Uday Kotak
Uday Kotak is the current President of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on December, 2020.