AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 25 & 26 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where is Indian government planning to establish a new Central University at a cost of Rs 750 crores?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Ladakh
Union cabinet’s approval for the formation of a Central University in the Union Territory (UT) of Ladakh with a project cost of Rs 750 crore, covering the entire Ladakh region, including Leh and Kargil.
Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh – Radha Krishna Mathur
- Identify the Ministry that launched “SMILE” – ‘Support for Marginalized Individuals for Livelihood and Enterprise’, a welfare scheme for beggars.
1) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
2) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
3) Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
4) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
5) Ministry of Law and Justice
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment initiated a welfare scheme named – ‘SMILE – Support for Marginalized Individuals for Livelihood and Enterprise’ covering several comprehensive measures for the welfare of beggars.
- In July 2021, UNGA adopted ‘Vision for Everyone’ – that targets to provide eye care services to 1.1 billion people by ________, while the resolution for which was introduced in UNGA by _________.
1) 2030; India
2) 2025; India
3) 2030; Bangladesh
4) 2025; Bangladesh
5) 2030; Sri Lanka
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) 2030; Bangladesh
The UN General Assembly (UNGA) adopted its 1st-ever resolution on vision named ‘Vision for Everyone’ to make eye care services an integral part of universal health coverage. It targets to provide eye care service for at least 1.1 billion people by 2030.
i.The resolution was introduced by Bangladesh’s UN Ambassador Rabab Fatima.
- Name the organisation that released the report – ‘Regional status report on drowning in the Asia Pacific region’.
1) Asian Development Bank
2) National Disaster Response Force
3) UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
4) World Health Organisation
5) World Meteorological Organization
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) World Health Organisation
The World Health Organization (WHO) released 2 reports ‘Regional status report on drowning in the Western Pacific’ & ‘Regional status report on drowning in the Asia Pacific region’. It is the 1st WHO regional assessment on drowning prevention.
- Which country recently (in July’21) signed an MoU with Singapore-based Sunseap Group to build the World’s largest floating solar farm?
1) South Korea
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Indonesia
Singapore’s Sunseap Group and Batam Indonesia free zone authority signed an MoU to build the world’s largest floating solar farm and energy storage system at Batam, Indonesia.
i.India’s Largest Floating Solar Power Plant is being constructed at Ramagundam in Peddapalli district of Telangana.
- Name the bank that recently (in July’21) appointed Paisalo Digital as its National Corporate business correspondent.
1) Punjab National Bank
2) Canara Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) Indian Bank
5) HDFC Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) State Bank of India
State Bank of India (SBI) selected Paisalo Digital as National Corporate Business Correspondent of the Bank. It has been selected to ensure greater financial inclusion and to increase the delivery of its financial services.
Chairman – Dinesh Kumar Khara
Tagline – The Banker to Every Indian
- In India, Income Tax Day is annually celebrated on _________ by the Central Board of Direct Taxes, marking the introduction of Income Tax in India by __________ in 1860.
1) July 24; Sir James Wilson
2) July 23; Lord Hardinge
3) July 25; Sir James Wilson
4) July 24; Lord Hardinge
5) July 23; Sir James Wilson
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) July 24; Sir James Wilson
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) celebrated the 161st Income Tax Day or Aaykar Diwas on July 24, 2021. It was on July 24, 1860 that income tax was introduced in India by Sir James Wilson to compensate the British government for the losses incurred during the First War of Independence in 1857.
- What is the theme of 2021’s World Brain Day that is annually observed by the World Federation of Neurology on 22nd July?
1) Stroke is a brain attack – prevent it and treat it
2) Stop Multiple Sclerosis
3) Parkinson’s Disease
4) Migraine: The Painful Truth
5) Clean Air for Brain Health
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Stop Multiple Sclerosis
Annually the 22nd of July is observed as World Brain Day by the World Federation of Neurology (WFN) to create awareness on neurological diseases and their effects. This year’s focus is on ‘Multiple Sclerosis (MS)’, a cognitive neurological disease that leads to physical disability among people across age groups.
Theme of 2021 – “Stop Multiple Sclerosis”
- What is the Minimum Net Owned Fund required for a Microfinance institution (MFI) registered under RBI as a Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC)?
1) Rs 10 crore
2) Rs 15 crore
3) Rs 50 crore
4) Rs 25 crore
5) Rs 5 crore
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Rs 5 crore
A Microfinance institution (MFI) registered under RBI as a Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) requires a Minimum Net Owned Funds (NOF) of Rs.5 crores. Whereas Rs. 2 crores are required as minimum NOF, for NBFCs registered in the North Eastern Region of India.
- Which of the following fields of Biology is wrongly matched with the study conducted under it?
1) Hepatology – Study of Liver
2) Oncology – Study of Cancer
3) Nephrology – Study of Kidney
4) Ophthalmology – Study of Bones
5) Neurology – Study of Nervous System
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Ophthalmology – Study of Bones
Ophthalmology is the branch of biology that deals with the ‘Study of Eyes’.
Osteology is the ‘Study of bones’