AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 September 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which Organization recently (in Sept’ 21) signed an MoU with the ‘Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying’ to support India’s livestock sector?
1) Tech Mahindra Foundation
2) CARE international
3) Tata Trusts Foundation
4) Wikimedia Foundation
5) Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying (DAHD) signed a multi-year MoU with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to support India’s livestock sector. Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Minister Parshottam Rupala signed the deal & ‘National One Health’ platform will be established
- Name the platform that launched (in Sept’ 21) the ‘Planetarium Innovation Challenge’ for Indian start-ups and tech entrepreneurs.
1) Bharat Tech
2) MyGov India
3) Invest India
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) MyGov India
MyGov India, under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), launched the ‘Planetarium Innovation Challenge’ for Indian start-ups and tech entrepreneurs. MyGov was launched on 26th July 2014 as a Citizen Engagement Platform.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade (DPIIT) along with _________ developed an online portal named ‘National Single Window System’ under _____________.
1) Invest India; Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
2) Oracle India; Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
3) Invest India; Ministry of Commerce & Industry
4) Oracle India; Ministry of Commerce & Industry
5) Invest India; Ministry of Finance
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Invest India; Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Union Minister, Piyush Vedprakash Goyal, Ministry of Commerce & Industry launched the National Single Window System (NSWS), an online portal for Investors, Entrepreneurs & Businesses toward ease of doing business.
i. It was developed by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) along with Invest India.
- Who led the Indian delegations in the 1st India-United Kingdom (UK) Consular Dialogue that was virtually hosted by India in September 2021?
1) S. Jaishankar
2) Kshitij Tyagi
3) Narendra Modi
4) Devesh Uttam
5) Arindam Bagchi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Devesh Uttam
India virtually hosted the 1st India-United Kingdom (UK) Consular Dialogue, a part of the 2030 roadmap on ‘Comprehensive Strategic Partnership’ & strengthening people-to-people contacts. The Indian delegation was led by Devesh Uttam, Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs
About the United Kingdom (UK):
PM – Boris Johnson
Currency – British Pound Sterling
- Identify the point(s) that are correctly related to the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PM-JAY).
A) AB PM-JAY, the largest health assurance scheme in the world was launched in 2016 under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
B) National Health Authority, Implementing Agency of PM-JAY organised a 4 days’ event named ‘ArogyaManthan 3.0’ to celebrate the 3 years’ completion of the scheme in September 2021.
C) PM-JAY provides a cashless health cover of Rs 10 lakhs per person per year at all listed hospitals across India.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Both A & B
5) Both B & C
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Only B
i. AB PM-JAY, the largest health assurance scheme in the world, was launched in 2018 under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
ii. National Health Authority (NHA), Implementing Agency of PM-JAY organised a 4 days’ event named ‘ArogyaManthan 3.0’ to celebrate the 3 years’ completion of the scheme.
iii. PM-JAY provides a cashless health cover of Rs 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary & tertiary care hospitalization across public & private listed hospitals.
- Name the Bank that recently (in Sept’ 21) launched a new campaign named- ‘#UseBefikar’ along with ‘Mastercard’ to provide shopping offers & rewards.
1) RBL Bank
2) CSB Bank
3) DBS Bank India
5) Axis Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) RBL Bank
RBL Bank launched ‘#UseBefikar’, a new campaign with Mastercard to provide shopping offers and rewards for the existing cardholders.
About RBL Bank:
MD & CEO– Vishwavir Ahuja
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline– Apnoka bank
- Who was honoured with 2021’s ‘Global Goalkeeper Award’ that was awarded by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation?
1) Michelle Bachelet
2) Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka
3) Rebeca Grynspan
4) Lakshmi Puri
5) Asha-Rose Migiro
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation awarded South Africa’s Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, former United Nations(UN) Under-Secretary-General and Executive Director of the UN Women, with the 2021 Global Goalkeeper Award.
- Name the Indian Sports Person who was recently (in Sept’ 21) elected to World Archery Athletes Committee for 4 years till 2025.
1) Jayanta Talukdar
2) Rahul Banerjee
3) Abhishek Verma
4) Tarundeep Rai
5) Deepika Kumari
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Abhishek Verma
Indian Compound Archer & Arjuna Awardee Abhishek Verma, 3-time world cup gold medalist, was elected to the World Archery Athletes Committee, the international federation for the Olympic sport of archery.
About World Archery:
Secretary General– Tom Dielen
Headquarters– Lausanne, Switzerland
- __________ was the theme of 2021’s ‘International Day of Sign Languages’ that is annually observed across the globe by the UN on _________ .
1) We Sign For Human Rights; 23rd September
2) We Sign For Human Rights; 22nd September
3) Stand Up for Human Rights; 23rd September
4) Sign Languages are for everyone; 23rd September
5) Sign Languages are for everyone; 22nd September
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) We Sign For Human Rights; 23rd September
The United Nations(UN)’s International Day of Sign Languages (IDSL) is annually observed across the globe on September 23rd. 23rd September 2021 also marks the 70th anniversary of the World Federation of the Deaf (WFD).
i. The theme of International Day of Sign Languages 2021, declared by WFD, is “We Sign For Human Rights”.
- How much additional amount was allocated (in June’ 21) by the government for world’s largest fiber-based rural broadband connectivity project ‘BharatNet Project’?
1) Rs 6000 cr
2) Rs 11000 cr
3) Rs 19000 cr
4) Rs 24000 cr
5) Rs 32000 cr
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Rs 19000 cr
BharatNet, also known as Bharat Broadband Network Limited, was set up by the Department of Telecommunications. The government allocated an additional Rs 19,041 crore to provide broadband connectivity in all villages under the Bharat Net project in June 2021.