AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 September 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- India and Nepal unveiled a website for all information related to education projects under GOI-assisted post-earthquake reconstruction initiatives in Nepal. Which institute developed the Website?
1) Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI)
2) Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute (AMPRI)
3) Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CECRI)
4) Central Building Research Institute (CBRI)
5) Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute (CEERI)
Answer-4) Central Building Research Institute (CBRI)
India and Nepal unveiled a dedicated website for all information related to education projects under GOI-assisted post-earthquake reconstruction initiatives in Nepal. The website, available in both English and Nepali versions, was launched by Indian Ambassador to Nepal Vinay Mohan Kwatra and Sushil Gyewali, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of National Reconstruction Authority (NRA) of Nepal through video conference. The website has been conceptualized and developed by the Central Building Research Institute (CBRI), Roorkee under India’s Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR).
- India along with which country has begun the join security patrol in Kapilvastu district?
The Security forces of Nepal and India have started a joint security patrol at the Nepal-India Border in Kapilvastu district, Nepal. The patrol has been started with a motive to control the spread of COVID-19 and keep in check the illegal cross-border activities at the Nepal-India Border. The Krishnanagar Municipality of the Kapilvastu district is a major point of transit along the Nepal-India Border. Nepal Police, Armed Police Force of Nepal and Seema Suraksha Bal of India began the patrol on borders on 19th September, 2020. The Joint security patrol will consist of twenty-six security personnel each from both sides.
- Which is 1st country in the world that plans to introduce Climatic Financial Report for companies to tackle the climate crisis?
2) New Zealand
Answer-2) New Zealand
New Zealand will be the First country in the world to introduce Climatic Financial Report for companies to tackle the climate crisis, the new regime will be in the form of Compilation or Explanation based on the framework of Task Force on Climate related Financial Disclosures(TCFD). Other countries like Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Japan and the European Union are all working to form Climate risk report.
- Which state government has launched ‘Moksha Kalash Yojana-2020’?
3) Madhya Pradesh
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot gave approval for the scheme ‘Moksha Kalash Yojana-2020’, which allows free bus travel to two members of a family to immerse ashes of their loved ones in River Ganga in Haridwar.
- Bajaj Finserv has entered into healthcare sector by launching health tech solutions business “Bajaj Finserv Health Ltd (BFHL)” recently. Where is the HQ of Bajaj Finserv located?
1) New Delhi
Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) Bajaj Finserv stepped into the healthcare sector by launching health tech solutions business “Bajaj Finserv Health Ltd (BFHL)” as its fully-owned subsidiary. This new venture will offer “Aarogya Care” an industry-first product, providing preventive, personalised, prepaid health care packages. Bajaj Finserv: Headquarter– Pune, Maharashtra.
- What will be the contraction in Indian economy in 2020, as per the estimation of UNCTAD?
As per the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)’s Trade and Development Report 2020– From global pandemic to prosperity for all: Avoiding another lost decade, global economy is expected to contract by 4.3%(-4.3%) in 2020, with global output falling short by over USD 6 trillion of the estimates by the economists before the spread of COVID-19. It also has projected India’s economy to contract by 5.9%(-5.9%) in 2020 and expects the economy to rebound to 3.9% in 2021. -5.9% is expected to be translated into a permanent income loss.
- India’s iCreate has signed MoU with which country’s start-up nation central to collaborate in tech innovation & start-ups?
On September 22, 2020, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between India’s International Centre for Entrepreneurship and Technology (iCreate) and Israel’s Start-Up Nation Central by Prof. Eugene Kandel, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Start-Up Nation Central from Jerusalem and Anupam Jalote, CEO of iCreate from Ahmedabad (Gujarat) in the presence of Dr. Ron Malka, Israel’s Ambassador to India and Yaakov Finkelstein, Israel’s Consul General in Mumbai (Maharashtra).
- Name the person who has been appointed as the new Administrator of PMC bank.
1) Prashant Joshi
2) J.B. Bhoria
3) A K Dixit
4) Surinderpal Singh
5) Surojit Shome
Answer-3) A K Dixit
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) appointed AK Dixit, ex-General Manager of Union Bank of India (UBI) as the new administrator of Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank Limited with effect from September 23, 2020. He succeeds J.B. Bhoria, ex-chief general manager with the central bank who stepped down from the post of administrator on September 22, 2020, due to health reasons. Administrator was appointed in the exercise of the powers conferred on RBI as per Banking Regulation Act, 1949 under subsections 1 and 2 of section 36AAA and Section 56. Surinderpal Singh Ram Singh has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of PMC bank limited with effect from September 11, 2020. He succeeds Shiny Mithbaokar, who was relieved from September 10, 2020.
- Which organization has appointed Khushi Chindaliya as the green ambassador of India?
1) United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
2) International Labour Organization (ILO)
3) United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
4) United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
5) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Answer-1) United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Khushi Chindaliya, a 17-year-old girl from Surat, Gujarat has been appointed as Regional Ambassador (RA) for India for the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Tunza Eco-Generation (TEG), which is scheduled to take place in September, 2020.
- Alexander Lukashenko has been appointed as the president of which country?
President of Belarus (officially the Republic of Belarus), Alexander Lukashenko (Alexander Grigoryevich Lukashenko or Alyaksandr Ryhoravich Lukashenka), the 66-year-old sworn in for a new 5-year term (i.e., this is his 6th term) in an inauguration conducted with no prior announcement. He is an independent or nonpartisan politician. He won this election in alliance with Belaya Rus.
- Ishmael Toroama was elected as the president of Bougainville recently. What is the capital of Bougainville?
Ishmael Toroama, former rebel military commander and leader of Bougainville People’s Alliance Party (BPAP) was elected as the President of Bougainville, an autonomous region of Papua New Guinea (PNG). Replacing the long serving President John Momis, Toroama will take office on 25th September 2020. This is the first General Election of Bougainville since its independence from PNG in December 2019. The capital and currency of Bougainville are Buka and Papua New Guinea kina respectively.
- Who has won the Golden Pen of Freedom Award of WAN-IFRA 2020?
1) Jineth Bedoya
2) Jamal Khashoggi
3) Srinivasan Balasubramanian
4) Vincent Peyrègne
5) None of the Above
Answer-1) Jineth Bedoya
Colombian Journalist Jineth Bedoya Lima was honoured with the prestigious Golden Pen of Freedom Award 2020, an annual press freedom award of the World Association of News Publishers(WAN-IFRA). The award was presented to recognise her contribution towards promoting and protecting women rights and her courage to overcome her personal tragedy which inspires other women across the globe.
- Who represented India at the G-20 Trade and Investment ministers meet held recently?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Piyush Goyal
3) Harsh Vardhan
4) Niramala Sitharaman
5) Nitin Gadkari
Answer-2) Piyush Goyal
The virtual G-20 (Group of Twenty) Trade and Investment Ministers under the Saudi Arabia Presidency was held where India was represented by Union Commerce and Industry & Railways Minister, Piyush Vedprakash Goyal. The objective of the meet was the further strengthening of G20 trade and investment cooperation. During the meet, Piyush Goyal cleared that India is not in a position to accept the concept of Data Free Flow with Trust (DFFT) as there is a need for policy to finalize laws around digital trade and data. The concept of “Data Free Flow with Trust,” was first espoused by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in a speech at the World Economic Forum’s annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland, in January 2019.
- US based KKR plans to buy ______ stake in Reliance Retail Ventures Limited (RRVL) for Rs. 5550 crores.
Reliance Industries limited(RIL) announced that KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts), global investment firm, will pick up 1.28% equity shares of RIL subsidiary Reliance Retail Ventures Limited(RRVL) by investing Rs.5550 crores. The investment of KKR will translate into a 1.28% equity stake in RRVL on a fully diluted basis.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved an acquisition of 100% shares of Medlife by which company?
1) Religare Health
2) Fortis Healthcare
3) API Holdings
4) Bharati Vidyapeeth
5) None of the Above
Answer-3) API Holdings
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved an acquisition of 100% equity shares of Medlife International Private Limited (Medlife) by API Holdings Private Limited (API Holdings), the parent of PharmEasy and as consideration, the acquisition of up to 19.59% of the equity share capital of API Holdings on a fully diluted basis, by the Medlife Promoter Shareholders and other shareholders of Medlife. The Approval was given under the Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
- Find the organization which has successfully conducted the flight test of ABHYAS – High Speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) from ITR, Odisha.
1) Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC)
2) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
3) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
4) National Informatics Centre (NIC)
5) National Development Centre (NDC)
Answer-2) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully conducted the flight test of ABHYAS – High Speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) from the Interim Test Range, Balasore, Odisha. ABHYAS is designed and developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE) of DRDO. The ABHYAS vehicle is a drone and can be used as a target for evaluation of various missile systems.
- Which is the 1st Indian company to manufacture indigenous composites sonar dome (to be mounted on P15 Alpha)?
1) Valeth Composites Limited
2) Kineco Limited
3) IndoCool Limited
4) Hindustan Composites
5) None of the Above
Answer-2) Kineco Limited
Goa-based composites manufacturing company Kineco Limited became the first Indian company to manufacture indigenous composites sonar dome after it was flagged off by the then Union Defence Minister Late Manohar Parrikar to be delivered to Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) Mumbai (Maharashtra). Now after two years, on September 23, 2020, Kineco manufactured sonar dome again flagged off to MDL, Mumbai by Goa Chief Minister, Pramod Sawant for its mounting on the Indian Navy’s Kolkata and Visakhapatnam-class stealth destroyers of Indian Navy, P15 Alpha for the first time. It has been designed by Research and Development Establishment (Engineers), a Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) laboratory based in Pune (Maharashtra). India’s first maritime cluster is coming up at Verna, Goa.
- DRDO successfully test fired the Indigenously developed Laser Guided Anti-Tank Guided Missile from Main Battle Tank ________.
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully test fired the Indigenously developed Laser Guided Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) from Main Battle Tank (MBT) Arjun at the Armoured Corps Centre and School (ACC&S), KK Ranges in Ahmednagar, Maharashtra.
- Mountaineer Ang Rita Sherpa (popularly known as “Snow Leopard”) who is in news recently belongs to which country?
Ang Rita Sherpa, the Nepalese Mountaineer who scaled Mount Everest, the world highest peak, 10 times without bottled oxygen passed away at the age of 72 at his residence in Kathmandu, Nepal due to brain and liver ailments. He was born on 27th July 1948 in Solukhumbu, Nepal. Ang earned the nickname “Snow Leopard” for his mountaineering skills and adventures.
- Ashalata Wabgaonkar who passed away in September 2020 is a renowned _______.
3) Social Activist
4) Film Produce
Veteran Marathi actor Ashalata Wabgaonkar, passed away at the age of 79 at Satara, Maharashtra after testing positive for COVID-19. Ashalata Wabgaonkar was born on 2nd July 1941 in Goa.
- The International Day of Sign Languages (IDSL) was observed every year on September 23. What is the theme of IDSL?
1) “Sign Language Basic for All”
2) “With Sign Language, everyone is Included!”
3) “Sign Languages are for everyone!”
4) “Sign Language Rights for All!”
5) “Sign Language includes everyone!”
Answer-3) “Sign Languages are for everyone!”
United Nations’ (UN) celebrates the International Day of Sign Languages (IDSL) annually on September 23. It is observed to support and protect the linguistic identity and cultural diversity of all deaf people and other sign language users. The year 2020 marks the 3rd edition. The Theme for International Day of Sign Language 2020 is – “Sign Languages are for everyone!”. The day corresponds with International Week of the Deaf, which is taking place from 21st September – 27th September, 2020. The proposal for IDSL came from World Federation of the Deaf (WFD), which is a federation of 135 national associations of deaf people and represents approximately 70 million deaf people’s human rights.
- Name the Andhra Pradesh CM who has launched “AP Police Seva App” to file complaint online.
1) Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy
2) Bhupesh Baghel
3) Manohar Lal
4) Yogi Aditya Nath
5) Pramod Sawant
Answer-1) Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy
Andhara Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched the mobile application “AP Police Seva” to lodge complaints online and to monitor the status of the complaint. Police Seva app offers 87 types of services including detection of fake news connecting all police stations across the state.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- SGX is the investment holding company located in which country?
3) Hong Kong
Singapore Exchange Ltd and National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. signed a formal agreement in order to confirm the key terms to operationalise the NSE International Financial Service Centre (IFSC)-SGX Connect. NSE IFSC-SGX Connect unites international and Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT) participants to create a large liquidity pool for Nifty products in GIFT City.
- Where is the HQ of World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) located?
The World Federation of the Deaf is an international non-governmental organization that acts as a peak body for national associations of Deaf people. The Headquarters of World Federation of the Deaf is located at Helsinki, Finland.
- Sawai Mansingh cricket stadium is located in which state?
1) Madhya Pradesh
The Sawai Mansingh Stadium is a cricket stadium in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
- What is the capital of Belarus?
The capital and currency of Belarus are Minsk & Belarusian ruble respectively.
- Where is the HQ of United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) located?
5) Washington DC
The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) was established in 1964 as a permanent intergovernmental body. The HQ of UNCTAD is located in Geneva, Switzerland.