AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 24 October 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs October 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Name the Bank that has recently (in Oct ‘23) partnered with NPCI Bharat BillPay Limited (NBBP) to launch its services under the Business-to-Business (B2B) category.
1) IndusInd Bank
2) YES Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) Axis BankAnswer-5) Axis Bank
NPCI Bharat BillPay Limited (NBBP) has partnered with Axis Bank to launch its services under the Business-to-Business (B2B) category to provide businesses value-added services like flexible invoice presentation, complaint management, Management Information System(MIS), etc.
NBBP’s B2B Category Payments went live for the first time on e MyJio app for Arzooo, a B2B Retail Tech platform, with Axis Bank as the Biller Operating Unit (BOU).
i. With the first B2B Category payment,
MyJio became the 1st app to go live with the B2B Category Payments.
Arzooo became the first biller in this category with support from Jio Payments Bank.
Axis Bank became the first BOU enabling B2B payments.
Note- NPCI Bharat BillPay Limited(NBBP) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- Which organisation has recently (in Oct ‘23) examined Metro rail works in Agra, Kanpur and Lucknow that are being constructed under Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC)?
1) African Development Bank
2) World Bank
3) European Investment Bank
4) Asian Development Bank
5) Japan International Cooperation AgencyAnswer-3) European Investment Bank
A three-member delegation from the European Investment Bank (EIB) examined Metro rail works in Agra, Kanpur and Lucknow which are being constructed under Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC). EIB had funded these metro rail projects. These projects are in par with the international quality and safety standards.
i. Agra Metro Rail Project is being built at the total cost of EUR 908 million. The European Investment Bank (EIB) is providing EUR 450 million in funding for this project.
EIB will finance the acquisition of rolling stock and the development of two metro rail corridors with elevated sections, totaling to 32.4 km with 31 stations. The project was initiated in 2020 by UPMRC.
Out of the total estimated cost of EUR 1354 million EIB will contribute about EUR 650 million.
The Lucknow metro project aims to construct a 23km metro line and purchase a fleet of about 80 metro cars in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
The project is of total value EUR 914 million; EIB is contributing EUR 450 million.
- Name the regulator body in India that has been recently (in Oct ‘23) awarded with the ISAR Honours 2023 by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) working group on International Standards for Accounting and Reporting (ISAR).
1) Competition Commission of India
2) Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
3) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
4) Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
5) Bureau of Indian StandardsAnswer-4) Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has been awarded the ISAR Honours 2023, 6th edition of ISAR Honours, by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) working group on International Standards for Accounting and Reporting (ISAR).
i. The award was presented during the 8th World Investment Forum (WIF) held from October 16-20, 2023 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE) on the theme ‘Investing in Sustainable Development’.
Note- Guidance the Investment Promotion Agency (IPA under the Department of Industries, Investment Promotion and Commerce, Government of Tamil Nadu (TN), was honored with the 2023 United Nations (UN) Promotion Award for Excellence in Scaling Up Energy Transition Investments during the 8th WIF.
- Name the personality who has been recently (in Oct ‘23) felicitated with the ‘2022 Center on the Legal Profession (CLP) Award for Global Leadership’ by The Harvard Law School Center of Harvard University, Massachusetts, United States of America (USA).
1) Sanjay Kishan Kaul
2) Hemant Gupta
3) Indira Banerjee
4) Uday Umesh Lalit
5) Dhananjaya Yeshwant ChandrachudAnswer-5) Dhananjaya Yeshwant Chandrachud
The Chief Justice of India(CJI) Dhananjay Yeshwant(DY) Chandrachud has been felicitated with the ‘2022 Center on the Legal Profession(CLP) Award for Global Leadership’ by The Harvard Law School Center of Harvard University, Massachusetts, United States of America(USA).
i. He was announced as the recipient of the award in December 2022.
ii. He was awarded in recognition of his lifetime service to the legal profession in India and around the world.
iii. About the award:
The Center on the Legal Profession Award for Global Leadership is the highest professional distinction of Harvard Law School.
Dana Remus who is the Former White House Counsel is announced as the recipient of the award for the year 2023.
- In October 2023, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approved the appointment of Ashok Vaswani as the next Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of ___________ Bank for a period of 3 years.
1) IndusInd Bank
2) Kotak Mahindra Bank
3) YES Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) Axis BankAnswer-2) Kotak Mahindra Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the appointment of Ashok Vaswani as the next Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited (KMB) for a period of 3 years. The appointment is with effect from the date of taking charge, which shall not be later than January 1, 2024.
i. Ashok Vaswani will replace Uday Kotak who stepped down from the post in September 2023. He resigned 4 months ahead of the end of his current tenure, which is December 31, 2023.
ii. Ashok Vaswani will succeed Dipak Gupta, the Joint MD of KMB, who is serving as the interim MD & CEO of KMB until December 31, 2023.
iii. Ashok Vaswani is currently the president of Pagaya Technologies Ltd, the United States of America (US)-Israel Artificial intelligence (AI) fintech firm.
- Who has been recently (in Oct ‘23) appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC)?
1) Sanjay Kumar Jain
2) Vinay Kumar Sharma
3) Devendra Pal Bharti
4) Kamlesh Kumar Mishra
5) Lokiah Ravi KumarAnswer-1) Sanjay Kumar Jain
Sanjay Kumar Jain has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
i. His appointment has been approved after the recommendation of Serach-Cum-Selection Committee (SCSC).
ii. The post was vacant since January 2021 after the retirement of Mahendra Pratap Maal.
iii. From June 2023, Seema Kumar who is the Additional Member (Tourism & Catering) is acting as CMD (Additional Charge).
- Name the personality who has been recently (in Oct ‘23) appointed as the senior vice president (SVP) and Managing Director (MD) of HP’s India market.
1) Gurpreet Singh
2) Ketan Patel
3) Ipsita Dasgupta
4) Jayanth Kumar
5) Praveen GuptaAnswer-3) Ipsita Dasgupta
HP Inc. (known as Hewlett-Packard Company), has appointed former Apple executive Ipsita Dasgupta as senior vice president (SVP) and Managing Director (MD) of HP’s India market.
i. She will take over the new position with effect from 30th October 2023 succeeding Gurpreet Singh Brar, who has been serving as the Interim MD since November 2022.
ii. As the SVP and MD, she will be responsible for all the aspects of HP’s strategy and Profit and Loss (P&L) in India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
iii. She will be reporting to David McQuarrie, Chief Commercial Officer(CCO) of HP.
- In October 2023, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched the first flight Test Vehicle Abort Mission-1 (TV-D1) of ___________ (Mission) from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh (AP).
2) Shukrayaan 1
3) Mangalyaan 2
5) GaganyaanAnswer-5) Gaganyaan
On 21st October 2023, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched Gaganyaan’s first flight Test Vehicle Abort Mission-1 (TV-D1) from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh(AP).
i. Mission Definition: “In-flight Abort Demonstration of Crew Escape System (CES)” at Mach number 1.2 with the newly developed Test Vehicle followed by Crew Module(CM) separation & safe recovery.
ii. Mission Objective:
Test all the systems of the Test Vehicle to make sure they are working properly.
Test the CES to make sure it can safely separate the Crew Module from the Test Vehicle in the event of an emergency.
Test the CM’s ability to fly and land safely at higher altitudes.
iii. Test Vehicle Demonstration 1(TV-D1) is a low cost liquid propelled single stage rocket which is developed specifically for test missions.
TV-D1 uses a modified VIKAS(VIKram Ambalal Sarabhai) engine with CM and CES mounted at its fore end.
- In October 2022, the Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully tested the air-launched version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from _________ fighter jet in an airbase in Bay of Bengal.
1) Dassault Mirage 2000
2) Mikoyan MiG-31
3) HAL Tejas
4) Sukhoi-30 MKI
5) Mirage 2000DAnswer-4) Sukhoi-30 MKI
Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully tested the air launch version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile.
i. The missile was launched from a Sukhoi Su-30 Modernizirovannyi Kommercheskiy Indiski (MKI) fighter jet in an airbase in Bay of Bengal.
ii. This is a long range version of supersonic weapon system with a range of about 1500km.
iii. The BrahMos missile can be launched from a range of platforms, including fighter jets, submarines, ships, and land-based systems.
It is developed by BrahMos Aerospace which is a joint venture between Russia’s NPO Mashinostroyeniya (NPO Mash) and India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- When was World Snow Leopard Day 2023 observed across the globe?
1) 19th October 2023
2) 20th October 2023
3) 21st October 2023
4) 22nd October 2023
5) 23rd October 2023Answer-5) 23rd October 2023
World Snow Leopard Day, also known as International Snow Leopard Day, 2023 was observed across the globe on 23rd October 2023 to raise awareness about the conservation and protection of Snow Leopard, one of the world’s most elusive and endangered big cats, and their natural habitat.
i. The Snow Leopard (Panthera uncia) is listed as Vulnerable by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List of Threatened Species.
ii. The Day commemorates the adoption of the ‘Bishkek Declaration,’ as well as the Global Snow Leopard and Ecosystem Protection (GSLEP) Program, by all snow leopard range countries on 23 October 2013, in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
iii. The first-ever International Snow Leopard Day was observed on 23 October 2014.