AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 June 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which company signed a contract (in June’21) with the Ministry of Defence for indigenously developing 2-Pollution Control Vessels for Indian Coast Guards?
1) Cochin Shipyard
2) Mishra Dhatu Nigam
3) Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers
4) Goa Shipyard
5) Mazagon Dock ShipbuildersAnswer-4) Goa Shipyard
The Ministry of Defence (MoD) signed a contract with Goa Shipyard Ltd (GSL) for the construction of 2 Pollution Control Vessels (PCVs) for Indian Coast Guard (ICG) at a cost of about INR 583 crore. The ships will be indigenously designed, developed and built by GSL.
i.At present, ICG has 3 PCVs in its fleet at Mumbai, Visakhapatnam, and Porbandar
- Identify the country that signed an MoU (in June’21) with India to set-up a Joint Working Group for enhancing cooperation in the field of Agriculture?
5) FijiAnswer- 5) Fiji
India and Fiji signed an MoU for cooperation in the field of Agriculture and allied sectors for a period of 5-years during a virtual meeting. To enhance mutual cooperation towards the program, both countries agreed to set up a Joint Working Group (JWG).
Currency– Fijian dollar
- Which country will host the 9th Asian Ministerial Energy Roundtable (AMER9) of the International Energy Forum (IEF) in 2022?
3) Saudi Arabia
5) SwitzerlandAnswer-1) India
India agreed to host the 9th Asian Ministerial Energy Roundtable (AMER9) 2022 after a virtual meeting between International Energy Forum (IEF) Secretary-General Joseph McMonigle and India’s Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
Headquarters: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Where did Tata Motors & Tata Power jointly inaugurate India’s largest Solar Carport?
1) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
2) New Delhi
3) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
4) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
5) Pune, MaharashtraAnswer-5) Pune, Maharashtra
Tata Motors and Tata Power jointly inaugurated India’s largest grid-synchronized, behind-the-meter solar carport at the Tata Motors car plant in Chikhali, Pune, Maharashtra.
- India is the ____ largest source of FDI for the United Kingdom in 2020, while _____________ remains as the Top source, as per the Inward Investment Statistics for 2020-21 released by the UK.
1) 3rd; China
2) 2nd; USA
3) 3rd; Japan
4) 2nd; China
5) 3rd; USAAnswer-2) 2nd; USA
According to the Inward Investment Statistics for 2020-21 released by the Department for International Trade (DIT), the Government of the United Kingdom (UK) – India retained its position as the 2nd largest source of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) for the UK in 2020. The United States (US) took the top spot.
- Which company launched India’s 1st Wallet Auto Top-up feature using UPI e-mandates?
5) Google PayAnswer-3) PhonePe
PhonePe launched India’s 1st Wallet Auto Top-up feature using UPI (Unified Payments Interface) e-mandates for its customers. The amount for Auto top-up ranges from Rs 1,000 to Rs 5,000.
- Kevin O’Brien, the record holder of fastest century ever in 50-over World Cup Cricket retired from International Cricket in June 2021. Which country does he belong to?
4) West Indies
5) South AfricaAnswer-3) Ireland
Ireland Cricketer Kevin O’Brien has announced his retirement from One-day International Cricket after a 15-year long career.
i.He scored the fastest century ever in 50-over World Cup
- Who (in June’21) created a new World Record in Swimming 100-meter backstroke?
1) Kaylee McKeown
2) Emily Seebohm
3) Ariarne Titmus
4) Regan Smith
5) Minna AthertonAnswer-1) Kaylee McKeown
Australian Swimmer Kaylee McKeown breaks the 100-meter backstroke world record at the South Australian Aquatic Centre with a time of 57.45 seconds
Ethiopia’s Letesenbet Gidey sets the women’s 10,000 metres new world record of 29 minutes and 1.03 seconds at Ethiopia’s Olympic trials held in the Netherlands.
- Which state government appointed Esther Duflo, Raghuram Rajan, Arvind Subramanian as members of its “Economic advisory council to the Chief Minister”?
3) Tamil Nadu
4) West Bengal
5) KeralaAnswer- 3) Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu government has constituted an “Economic advisory council to the chief minister”. Its members include:
Esther Duflo – Nobel laureate of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the USA
Raghuram Rajan – Former Reserve Bank of India governor
Arvind Subramanian – Former chief economic advisor to central government
- International Olympic Day is annually celebrated on ________ to promote global sporting events, since its inaugural celebration in __________.
1) 22nd June; 1945
2) 23rd June; 1945
3) 22nd June; 1951
4) 23rd June; 1948
5) 23rd June; 1951Answer-4) 23rd June; 1948
The International Olympic Day is annually observed across the globe on 23rd June to promote the Olympic movement. The day commemorates the creation of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on 23rd June 1894 in Paris, France.
i.The first Olympic Day was celebrated on 23 June 1948