AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- PM Modi laid foundation stone for water supply project in which state (July 2020)?
5) Arunachal PradeshAnswer-4) Manipur
Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, laid the foundation stone of the Manipur Water Supply Project, under the Jal Jeevan Mission designed to provide Freshwater Household Tap connections (FHTCs) to the rural households of Manipur. The outlay of the project with a loan component funded by New Development Bank is about Rs.3000 crores (~Rs.3054.58 crores).
- The 3rd unit of Kakrapar atomic power project has become India’s 1st 700 MW unit to achieve criticality. Where does the Kakrapar atomic power plant located?
4) Tamil Nadu
5) PunjabAnswer-1) Gujarat
The Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) announced that, Unit-3 of Kakrapar Atomic Power Project (KAPP-3), India’s First 700 MWe (megawatt electric) and indigenously developed Pressurized Heavy Water Reactor (PHWR) in Surat, Gujarat achieved its first criticality – initiation of controlled and sustained nuclear fission reaction on 22nd July 2020 (Wednesday).
- What percent of India’s installed capacity of the electricity generation will be from renewable resources by 2030, as per estimation of Power and New & Renewable Energy (MoS I/C) Rajkumar Singh?
5) 35%Answer-3) 60%
Raj Kumar Singh, Minister of State(MoS)(IC) Power and New & Renewable Energy stated that India will have around 60% of the installed capacity of the electricity generation from renewable resources by 2030, in the webinar on Energy Transition at the second pre-event hosted by The World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) 2021 in collaboration with Energy Transitions Commission (ETC) India on 21st July 2020.
- Name the organization which prepared the report titled ‘Renewable Power Pathways: Modelling the Integration of Wind and Solar in India by 2030’.
1) Non-Conventional Energy Commission of India
2) Solar & Wind Researchers Authority India
3) Renewable Energy Monitoring Commission India
4) Energy Transitions Commission India
5) None of the AboveAnswer-4) Energy Transitions Commission India
During the webinar R K Singh launched two reports titled ‘Renewable Power Pathways: Modelling the Integration of Wind and Solar in India by 2030’ and ‘Bending the Curve: 2025 Forecasts for Electricity Demand by Sector and State in the Light of the COVID Epidemic’ prepared by the Energy Transitions Commission (ETC) India.
- Which country signed agreement with India to set up Geydoshu Mas Plant (fish processing plants) at islands named Maradhoo and Hulhudhoo?
2) Hong Kong
5) MaldivesAnswer-5) Maldives
India and Maldives inked an agreement to set up Geydoshu Mas Plant (Neighbourhood Fish Processing Plants) at two islands in the Addu city of Maldives namely Maradhoo and Hulhudhoo. The Contract signing ceremony was held virtually in Addu City, which was attended by Maldives’ Foreign Secretary Abdul Ghafoor Mohamed, High Commissioner of India to the Maldives Sunjay Sudhir, along with other members of Maldives’ Ministry of Foreign affairs.
- Which state’s Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology (CIPET) has got NABL accreditation for testing, certification of PPE kits?
1) Tamil Nadu
5) West BengalAnswer-4) Odisha
Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology (CIPET), Bhubaneswar, Odisha, under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Dept of Chemicals & Petrochemicals, has received National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) accreditation for Testing and Certification of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) kit. Note: The headquarter of NABL is Gurugram, Haryana.
- What is the name of 1st ever container Ship which started from Kolkata through Bangladesh’s Chattogram port reached Agartala recently?
1) MV Shejyoti
2) MV Harmattan
3) MV Gulf Star
4) MV Venus
5) MV PralayaAnswer-1) MV Shejyoti
The first-ever container Ship “MV Shejyoti “from Kolkata (West Bengal) via Bangladesh’s Chattogram port has reached Agartala (Tripura), was flagged off by Union Minister of State for Shipping (I/C) Mansukh Mandaviya on July 16, 2020.
- Who launched the restructured scheme for PM’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration 2020 recently?
1) Jitendra Singh
2) Nitin Gadkari
3) Prahlad Singh Patel
4) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
5) Smriti IraniAnswer-1) Jitendra Singh
Jitendra Singh, Minister of State for Prime Minister’s Office(PMO), Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space launched the restructured scheme for PM’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration 2020 and the web portal (www.pmawards.gov.in) through video conference. This year, for the very first time, the PM’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration seeks to recognize the efforts of District level officials involved in the Namami Gange Programme.
- Which country became the 25th country to receive observer status in the World Trade Organization (WTO)?
5) UzbekistanAnswer-4) Turkmenistan
Turkmenistan became the 25th country who was granted observer status in the World Trade Organization (WTO) enabling the nation to establish permanent residence at WTO headquarter in Geneva, Switzerland and monitor its proceedings. Turkmenistan also became the last former Soviet republic to establish formal ties with the trade body. This observer status was granted during the 5th virtual session of WTO General Council which was held from WTO headquarters and attended by representatives of its member-states.
- The Republic of Nicaragua has become ______ country to sign International Solar Alliance (ISA) Framework Agreement (July 2020).
5) 78thAnswer-1) 87th
The Republic of Nicaragua became the 87th country to sign the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Framework Agreement, an initiative to promote sustainable energy, led by India. Out of the 87 signed countries 67 countries have also ratified the ISA Framework agreement.
- Which payments bank partnered with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to train and skill the youth in rural India for financial service sector jobs?
1) Airtel Payments Bank
2) India Post Payments Bank
3) Paytm Payments Bank
4) Fino Payments Bank
5) Jio Payments BankAnswer-1) Airtel Payments Bank
Airtel Payments Bank Ltd has partnered with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to train and skill the youth in rural India. This will enable them to find employment opportunities and become entrepreneurs in the financial services sector. The knowledge and training imparted to youth is to render financial and banking services more accessible to rural and semi-urban India.
- Which bank launched 100% paperless digital self-assisted online savings account named ‘Insta Click Savings Account’?
1) ICICI Bank
2) Bank of Baroda
3) Union Bank of India
4) HDFC Bank
5) State Bank of IndiaAnswer-2) Bank of Baroda
India’s third-largest public sector bank, Bank of Baroda(BoB) launched ‘Insta Click Savings Account’, a 100% paperless digital self-assisted online savings account. It can be activated in real-time i.e; the customer can transact using the Baroda M Connect Plus application with the MPIN received on the mobile number.
- What will be the GDP of India in FY21 as per the estimation of Singapore based DBS Bank?
5) -9%Answer-4) -6%
As per the report of DBS (Formerly, Development Bank of Singapore), Singaporean brokerage, India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) will contract by 6% (-6%) in FY21 as the economy is yet to stabilize the COVID -19 infection curve and due to the caseload in the economically key states. This will affect the economy badly. In its earlier forecast, the brokerage had forecasted the growth as -4.8%.
- Which form was revised by Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) to enhance the flow of information between taxpayers and tax authorities (July 2020)?
1) Form 26AS
2) Form 15IC
3) Form 10BA
4) Form 44AB
5) Form 16Answer-1) Form 26AS
In order to enhance the flow of information between taxpayers and tax authorities, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has launched a revised auto-generated Form 26AS namely “Annual Information Statement (AIS)” from this assessment year of 2020-2021 w.e.f. June 1. The key difference between the new and old form is that the former will also reflect the details of “specified financial transactions (SFT)” i.e. all high-value transactions of individuals, companies, partnership firms, etc. which are filed with the tax department under Section 285BA of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
- Which is the 1st Indian company to reach the market Capitalization of Rs 13 lakh crore (48th in world)?
1) Reliance Industries Limited
2) HDFC Bank
3) Bharti Airtel
4) Tata Consultancy Services
5) Hindustan Unilever LimitedAnswer-1) Reliance Industries Limited
As stock market data, Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) becomes the 1st Indian company to reach Market Capitalisation (m-cap) of Rs 13 lakh crore. It becomes the world’s 48th largest company by m-cap, ahead of Abbott Labs, Oracle, Chevron and Unilever. It also crossed the stock price of Rs 2000 for the 1st time. Globally, Saudi Aramco is the company with the highest market cap of $1.7 trillion, followed by Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, and Alphabet. Reliance is the 10th highest m-cap company in Asia. China’s Alibaba Group is ranked 7th globally.
- Which country has added Reliance Jio among “Clean Telcos” companies list (July 2020)?
1) United States
4) United Kingdom
5) RussiaAnswer-1) United States
The United States listed Reliance Jio among the companies that are becoming “Clean Telcos” (who reject doing business with tools of the Chinese Communist Party’s surveillance state, like Huawei).
- Which PSU signed MoU with Green Energy Corporation of Odisha Limited (GEDCOL) to develop floating solar power projects in Odisha?
1) Rural Electrification Corporation
2) National Hydroelectric Power Corporation
3) India Tourism Development Corporation
4) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
5) Solar Energy corporation of IndiaAnswer-2) National Hydroelectric Power Corporation
The National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) through video conference with The Green Energy Corporation of Odisha Limited (GEDCOL) to develop floating solar power projects with a total capacity of 500 Megawatts (MW) in the state of Odisha. The first phase work of the project starts by March, 2022.
- Who has been nominated as the vice chairman of Paris based UIC (Union Internationale des Chemins/International Union of Railways)?
1) Arun Kumar
2) Rajesh Tiwari
3) P C Sharma
4) Vinod Kumar
5) Pradeep KumarAnswer-1) Arun Kumar
The DG of the Railway Protection Force (RPF) Shri Arun Kumar, has been nominated as the Vice -Chairman of the Security platform of the Paris – based UIC (Union Internationale des Chemins/International Union of Railways) from July 2020 to July 2022.
- As per Forbes real-time ranking of billionaires, what is the rank of Mukesh Ambani ($75 billion wealth) in world’s richest man list (July 2020)?
5) 9thAnswer-3) 5th
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) Chairman & CEO Mukesh Ambani (63), became the world’s fifth-richest man in the world with an estimated wealth of 75 billion USD, according to the real-time ranking of billionaires by Forbes.
- What is the theme of India Ideas Summit 2020 addressed by PM Modi?
1) “Ideas for Inclusive Growth”
2) “Building a Better Future”
3) “SDG for Growth”
4) “Going Forward”
5) None of the AboveAnswer-2) “Building a Better Future”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi delivered the keynote address at the two days long (July 21-22) virtual India Ideas Summit 2020 which was hosted by US-India Business Council (USIBC) under the theme “Building a Better Future”. The year 2020 marked the 45th anniversary of the formation of the Council.
- India targeted to reach _____ spot in World Bank’s (WB) Ease of Doing Business ranking?
5) 100thAnswer-3) 50th
In October 2019, India jumped 14 places to rank 63rd among 190 nations in the World Bank’s (WB) Ease of Doing Business ranking. Now, the target of India is to reach at the 50th spot.
- Who represented India in G20 Digital Economy Ministers virtual meet held in July 2020?
1) Piyush Goyal
2) Raj Kumar Singh
3) Ravi Shankar Prasad
4) Giriraj Singh
5) Pralhad JoshiAnswer-3) Ravi Shankar Prasad
Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad represented India in the virtual meeting of the G20 Digital Economy Ministers under the presidency Saudi Arabia.
- The Competition Commission of India has approved proposal of Adani Ports and SEZ Limited’s acquisition of which port company?
1) Zen Shipping & Ports India Private Limited
2) Nyk Line India Private Limited
3) MSC Agency India Private Limited
4) Seapol Port Private Limited
5) Krishnapatnam Port Company LimitedAnswer-5) Krishnapatnam Port Company Limited
The Competition Commission of India(CCI) has approved the acquisition of Krishnapatnam Port Company Limited(KPCL) by Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Limited(APSEZ). The proposed combination envisages acquisition of equity shareholding and full management control of KPCL by APSEZ.
- ‘Tianwen-1’ is the mars mission of which country?
1) South Korea
3) Hong Kong
5) ChinaAnswer-5) China
Tianwen-1, China’s first fully homegrown Mars Mission, was launched by Long March 5 Rocket from the Wenchang Satellite Launch Center in Hainan Island, China.
- Which is South Asia’s 1st league that joined world leagues forum?
1) VIVO Pro Kabaddi
2) Indian Premier League
3) Indian Super League
4) Hockey India League
5) Pro Volleyball LeagueAnswer-3) Indian Super League
The Hero Indian Super League (ISL) joins the World Leagues Forum (WLF), the association of Professional football leagues. It is the first league from South Asia and seventh in Asia to join the WLF. The Premier League, La Liga and Bundesliga are also part of the association of Professional football leagues and also the most supported leagues by the people.
- Who authored the book titled “The Pandemic Century”?
1) Khaled Hosseini
2) Atul Gawande
3) Mark Honigsbaum
4) C.J. Lyons
5) Siddhartha MukherjeeAnswer-3) Mark Honigsbaum
“The Pandemic Century, A History of Global Contagion from the Spanish Flu to Covid-19”, by the british medical historian Mark Honigsbaum covers 10 outbreaks in the past 100 years, dating from the Spanish Flu (1918) to the present day Coronavirus (2019). The book is published by Penguin Publishers.
- When was National Broadcasting Day observed annually?
1) July 21
2) July 18
3) July 25
4) July 23
5) July 22Answer-4) July 23
The 23rd July of every year is observed as the National Broadcasting Day across India to commemorate the first ever radio broadcast aired in India on 23rd July 1927 from the Bombay Station of a private company, the Indian Broadcasting Company.The first broadcast in India in June 1923, by the Bombay Radio Club, the Calcutta Radio Club was established.
- The World Day of War Orphans was observed every year on _________.
1) January 6
2) February 12
3) March 15
4) April 21
5) May 28Answer-1) January 6
The World Day of War Orphans was observed on January 6 every year to address the war orphans as it has become a growing worldwide humanitarian and social crisis. The day was initiated by the French organization, SOS Enfantsen Détresse. Note: According to UNICEF (the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund), there are roughly 153 million orphans worldwide.
- The commonwealth day 2020 was observed on March 9. What is the 2020’s theme of the day?
1) ‘The Inclusive Commonwealth’
2) ‘A Peace-Building Commonwealth’
3) ‘A Connected Commonwealth
4) ‘Delivering a Common Future: Connecting, Innovating, Transforming’
5) ‘Towards a Common Future’Answer-4) ‘Delivering a Common Future: Connecting, Innovating, Transforming’
The commonwealth day 2020 was observed on March 9. It was celebrated on the 2nd Monday of March every year. Earlier the day was observed on May 24 as British Empire day since the late 19th century, later based on the request of Canadian government, the day was shifted to the 2nd Monday of March in 1977. The 2020 theme is ‘Delivering a Common Future: Connecting, Innovating, Transforming’.
- Which year was declared as International Year of Fruits and Vegetables by United Nations?
5) 2023Answer-1) 2021
On December 2019, The United Nations designates the year 2021 as the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables based on the request of Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) to create awareness about the increasing loss and waste in fruits and vegetables and their negative impacts on the global economy and also to acknowledge the nutritional and health benefits of consuming fruits and vegetables Note: As per FAO estimation, 14 percent of the world’s food gets lost from the point of harvest to the retail level.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the HQ of World Gold Council (WGC) located?
5) New YorkAnswer-1) London
The gold prices crossed Rs. 50,000 per 10 grams after nine years in India (July 2020).India is the world’s second-largest gold consumer after China. The HQ of World Gold Council (WGC) located at London, United Kingdom.
- What is the capital of Turkmenistan?
5) TashkentAnswer-3) Ashgabat
The capital and currency of Turkmenistan are Ashgabat &Turkmenistan manat respectively.
- Where is the HQ of International Solar Alliance (ISA) located?
2) New Delhi
5) GurugramAnswer-5) Gurugram
The HQ of International Solar Alliance (ISA) located at Gurugram, Haryana.
- Who is the present Information and Broadcasting minister?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Nitin Gadkari
3) Narendra Modi
4) Amit Shah
5) Nirmala SitharamanAnswer-1) Prakash Javadekar
Prakash Javadekar is the present Information and Broadcasting minister of India.
- What is the capital of Nicaragua?
2) San José
4) San Salvador
5) ManaguaAnswer-5) Managua
The capital and currency of Nicaragua are Managua &Nicaraguan Cordoba Oro respectively.