AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 February 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- The 1st batch of 3 MH-60R Multi-Role Helicopters are expected to arrive India in July 2022 in Kochi, Kerala.
Which country will deliver the MH-60R Multi-Role Helicopters to India?
5) RussiaAnswer-3) US
The first batch of three MH-60R Multi-Role Helicopters is expected to arrive in India in July 2022 in Kochi, Kerala. These three helicopters were already handed over by the United States (US) in 2021 but Indian pilots were using these helicopters for training purposes in Pensacola, San Diego and Florida of US.
i. The MH-60R Multi-Role helicopters will replace Sea King 42/42A helicopters, which were decommissioned in the 1990s.
ii. These helicopters are expected to be deployed on indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vikrant.
iii. In 2020, India signed a USD 2.2 billion deal for MH-60R helicopters built by Lockheed Martin during the visit of former U.S. President Donald Trump. All deliveries will be completed by 2025.
- Which Bank recently (in Feb’22) partnered with Indore Clean Energy Private Limited (ICEPL) to fund Asia’s Largest Bio-CNG Plant ‘Gobar-Dhan’, Indore, Madhya Pradesh?
1) State Bank of India
2) HDFC Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) YES Bank
5) Axis BankAnswer-2) HDFC Bank
HDFC Bank has collaborated with Indore Clean Energy Private Limited (ICEPL) to fund the conversion process of 550 tonnes/day of Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) into Compressed Biogas (CBG) at the Gobar-Dhan plant, the largest Bio-CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) plant in Asia located in Indore, Madhya Pradesh (MP).
i. This is the largest waste to energy project funded by HDFC Bank under its ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) commitments to mitigate the adverse effects of climate change and make the bank carbon neutral by 2031-2032.
ii. ICEPL is promoted by Green Growth Equity Fund (GGEF), which is the largest climate impact fund in India with investors like NIIF (National Investment and Infrastructure Fund) & the Government of the UK (United Kingdom).
- In February 2022, Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) increased its stake from 4.959% to 5.044% in which company?
1) Aditya Birla Finance Ltd
2) STCI Finance Ltd
3) Capri Global Capital Ltd
4) Muthoot Capital Services Ltd
5) Tata Capital Financial Services LtdAnswer-3) Capri Global Capital Ltd
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has acquired 0.085% additional stakes of Capri Global Capital Ltd (CGCL) through market purchase and increased its stake in CGCL from 4.959% to 5.044%.
i. CGCL is a Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and National Stock Exchange (NSE).
ii. LIC has acquired 150000 shares (0.085%) carrying voting rights.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana-Gramin (PMAYG) scheme (as of February 2022)?
A) Recently, the PMAYG Dashboard was launched by the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) to monitor the implementation of the scheme.
B) It was developed by the National Informatics Centre of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology under the policy of Zero tolerance against corruption.
C) PMAY-G was launched in 2016 with the objective of providing “Housing to All” by 2024.
1) Only A
2) Only C
3) Only A & B
4) Only B & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-5) All A, B & C
Union Minister Giriraj Singh, Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) launched the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG) Dashboard to monitor the implementation of the scheme.
i. This portal has been developed on the lines of the Government’s policy of Zero tolerance against corruption by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) to provide complete transparency in the implementation of the PMAYG.
ii. Launched in 2016, PMAY-G is a revamped rural housing programme namely ‘Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY)’ initiated in January 1996. PMAY-G was introduced to boost the “Housing for All” scheme by 2024.
- The indigenous underwater submersible vehicle called “Matsya 6000” will be launched in 2024 for the Samudrayaan Mission.
The MATSYA 6000 was designed by which organization?
1) Goa Shipyard Ltd
2) Indian Space Research Organisation
3) Hindustan Shipyard Ltd
4) Defence Research and Development Organisation
5) Mazagon Dock ShipbuildersAnswer-2) Indian Space Research Organisation
The indigenously developed manned underwater submersible vehicle, Matsya 6000 that is capable of taking 3 humans to a depth of 6,000 metres (m), will be ready for its launch in 2024 for the Samudrayaan Mission.
i. MATSYA 6000 is an undersea submersible vehicle designed by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and developed by the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) under the aegis of Deep Ocean Mission (DOM). The navigation and electronics aspects of the vehicle were designed by the National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT), MoES.
ii. Matsya 6000 is 2.1 m in diameter with a Titanium Alloy Personnel Sphere of 80 mm thickness that uses battery-powered propulsion that can reach a maximum depth of 6,000 metres.
iii. It has an operational capacity of 12 hours and during emergencies, it can operate up to 96 hours for deep ocean exploration of non-living resources
iv. It will study cobalt crust, hydrothermal sulphides, hydrates and polymetallic manganese nodules in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR).
- Who recently (in Feb’22) created a world record by becoming the 1st cricketer to score a triple century on his first-class match debut in the Ranji Trophy 2021–22?
1) Sakibul Gani
2) Bipin Saurabh
3) Nikhil Anand
4) Harsh Vikram Singh
5) Abhijeet SaketAnswer-1) Sakibul Gani
Sakibul Gani, an Indian cricketer hailing from Motihari in Bihar, created a world record by becoming the first cricketer to score a triple century on his debut in a first-class match, 2021–22 Ranji Trophy.
i. He scored 341 runs with 405 balls, (56 fours& 2 sixes) representing Bihar in the plate group 2021–22 Ranji Trophy fixture against Mizoram at the Jadavpur University Campus Ground, Kolkata, West Bengal.
ii. Previously, the record of highest score on first-class debut was held by Ajay Rothera of Madhya Pradesh (267 runs in December 2018) and Amol Muzumdar of Mumbai (260 runs in 1993-1994).
- “A Nation To Protect”, a book about the leadership of Indian Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi during the Covid-19 crisis was authored by ___________.
1) Shashi Tharoor
2) Sinderpal Singh
3) Rajdeep Sardesai
4) Priyam Gandhi-Mody
5) Kishor MakwanaAnswer-4) Priyam Gandhi-Mody
Priyam Gandhi-Mody authored “A Nation To Protect”, a book about the leadership of Indian Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi tackling the Covid-19 crisis. The book was launched by Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya in presence of health ministry officials on 18 February, 2022.
About ‘A Nation To Protect’:
i. The book speaks about Mansukh Mandaviya’s role of Fertilizers Minister during the second wave of Covid-19 by ensuring proper supplies of essential medicines and Remedisvir.
ii. It also speaks about Modi’s view of India to follow ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ or self-reliance without depending on foreign vaccine manufacturers.
- The 11th World Pangolin Day was observed across the world on?
1) 19th February 2022
2) 21st February 2022
3) 23rd February 2022
4) 20th February 2022
5) 22nd February 2022Answer-1) 19th February 2022
World Pangolin Day is annually observed across the world on the 3rd Saturday of February. The day aims to create awareness about Pangolins, a unique endangered mammal and their plight.
i. 19th February 2022 marks the observance of the 11th World Pangolin Day.
ii. Eight species of pangolins are found in Africa (4) and Asia (4).
iii. All eight pangolin species are protected under national and international laws. Pangolins on the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List of Threatened Species (2019 assessment).
• Chinese, Sunda and Philippine pangolins are listed as Critically Endangered
• Indian, White Bellied and Giant pangolins are listed as Endangered.
• Black-Bellied and Ground Pangolin are listed as Vulnerable.
- The Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) observed its ________ Foundation Day on __________.
1) 43rd; 20th February 2022
2) 41st; 19th February 2022
3) 44th; 22nd February 2022
4) 42nd; 21st February 2022
5) 40th; 23rd February 2022Answer-3) 44th; 22nd February 2022
The Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) observed its 44th Foundation Day on 22nd February 2022, which was virtually attended by Upendra Prasad Singh, Secretary, Ministry of Textiles as a Guest of Honour.
i. During the event, it was projected that India’s textile exports can increase from the current $40 billion to $100 billion in the next five years. Apparel exports are likely to reach $20 billion next fiscal (FY23) or a year after that (FY24).
ii. AEPC is the official body of apparel exporters in India, under the aegis of the Ministry of Textiles, which provides invaluable assistance to Indian exporters as well as importers/ international buyers and current (as of Feb’22) AEPC Chairman is Narendra Goenka.
- Which state/UT is set to launch a 4-year mentorship programme named “Project Arohan” to provide guidance to students and hone their skills?
3) West Bengal
5) DelhiAnswer-4) Assam
The government of Assam is set to launch a 4-year mentorship programme – “Project Arohan” – to mentor the students of Assam and to hone their skills.
i. Himanta Biswa Sarma, CM of Assam, met with Anita Rajan, Chief Executive officer CEO) of Tata STRIVE, the skill development initiative of Tata Trusts, to seek cooperation for Project Arohan.
Governor- Prof. Jagadish Mukhi
National Park- Kaziranga National Park, Dibru – Saikhowa National Park