AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where did PM Narendra Modi laid foundation stone for construction of Dhemaji Engineering College and Sualkuchi Engineering College?
1) West Bengal
3) Tamil Nadu
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Assam
On February 22, 2021, PM Narendra Modi visited Assam and West Bengal where he dedicated to the nation important projects of the oil & gas sector in an event organized at Dhemaji, Assam and inaugurated several railway projects in Hooghly, West Bengal. He laid Foundation Stone for Dhemaji Engineering College and Sualkuchi Engineering College in Assam. PM dedicated Oil India Limited’s Secondary Tank Farm at Madhuban, Dibrugarh which has been built for safe storage of about 40,000 Kilo Litres of Crude Oil.
- Which of the following disease was recently (in Feb’21) added to National Programme for Prevention & Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke (NPCDCS)?
1) Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
2) Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
3) Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
4) Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
5) Alzheimer’s Disease
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
On February 22, 2021, Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoH&FW) launched the operational guidelines for Integration of NAFLD (Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease) with NPCDCS (National Programme for Prevention & Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke). India has become the first country in the world to identify the need for action for NAFLD. ‘Eat Right India’ and ‘Fit India Movement’ were initiated by Indian Govt. as a preventive measure.
- Where did Indian Govt. invested Rs. 400 crores to create India’s 1st Fisheries Hub under the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)?
1) Tamil Nadu
4) West Bengal
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Goa
Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Giriraj Singh has stated that the Central Government is set to Invest INR 400 crore in Goa to transform the state into India’s First Fisheries Hub under the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY). Of this, INR 30 Crore to be allocated for setting up Aquarium Cluster, INR 50 Crore for upgrading the Margao Wholesale Fish Market. Sagar Mitras to be set up in Goa for educating the Fishermen community.
- Where was the India International Mega Trade Fair (IIMF) – 2021 conducted?
1) Kolkata, West Bengal
2) Jaipur, Rajasthan
3) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
4) New Delhi
5) Hyderabad, Telangana
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Odisha is currently hosting the 17th India International Mega Trade Fair & Home Decor Exhibition 2021 at Janata Maidan, Bhubaneswar from February 19-March 1, 2021. It is being organized by the Odisha Chapter of the Real Estate Developers Association of India (CREDAI). Partner Country for the 2021 Fair is Bangladesh & focus countries are Afghanistan & Iran. It will also showcase the latest developments in the field of real estate.
- Which of the following is the benchmark interest rate (in Feb’21) that is used by global banks to lend to one another?
1) Sterling Overnight Index Average (SONIA)
2) London Interbank Mean Rate (LIMEAN)
3) Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR)
4) Euro Interbank Offer Rate (EURIBOR)
5) London Inter Bank Offered Rate (LIBOR)
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) London Inter Bank Offered Rate (LIBOR)
In accordance with the new EY (Ernst & Young) India report titled “Impact of IBOR transition on NBFCs in India”, Indian Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) require an effective plan for Inter Bank Offered Rate (IBOR) transition, as majority of London Inter Bank Offered Rate (LIBOR) are likely to be phased out by the end of 2021. LIBOR is the benchmark interest rate at which major global banks lend to one another. LIBOR is being replaced by the Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR) on June 30, 2023.
- Who was appointed as the Managing Director General of Asian Development Bank (ADB) in February 2021?
1) Masatsugu Asakawa
2) Rajesh Khullar
3) Takeo Konishi
4) Marcos Prado Troyjo
5) Woochong Um
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Woochong Um
On 22nd February 2021, Woochong Um of Republic of Korea was appointed as the new Managing Director General of Asian Development Bank (ADB). He assumed office on 22nd February and will be reporting to Masatsugu Asakawa, President of ADB. He will assist the President of ADB to institute the bank wide coherence on various key initiatives and issues.
- Who recently (in Feb’21) became the Brand Ambassador of Unacademy?
1) Amitabh Bachchan
2) Mary Kom
3) Deepika Padukone
4) Sachin Tendulkar
5) Aamir Khan
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Sachin Tendulkar
On 23rd February 2021, Former Indian Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar signed a strategic partnership with Unacademy, India’s largest online learning app to pick up small stakes in the platform and he also became its brand ambassador. Sachin will host a series of live interactive classes which can be accessed by the users of Unacademy at free of cost.
- Who received the Best Woman Boxer of the Tournament Award at the 30th Youth International Boxing Tournament ‘Adriatic Pearl’?
2) Alfiya Pathan
4) Lucky Rana
5) Thokchom Sanamacha Chanu
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Vinka
Indian Boxing Contingent finished with 12 medals at the 30th Youth International Boxing Tournament ‘Adriatic Pearl’. Only Boxers who were under the age of 18 years took part in the tournament. Vinka (60 Kg) who won the Gold Medal received the Best Woman Boxer of the Tournament Award.
- The picture book ‘The Lost Soul’ was authored by ____________.
1) Margaret Atwood
2) Anna Burns
3) Louise Glück
4) Olga Tokarczuk
5) Peter Handke
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Olga Tokarczuk
Polish Author and 2018 Nobel Prize winner (Literature) Olga Tokarczuk’s latest book ‘The Lost Soul’, English translation of “Zgubiona dusza” is set to hit the bookstores. The book is translated by Antonia Lloyd-Jones and the illustrations were done by Joanna Concejo. This is the first time that Olga Tokarczuk’s prose will be accompanied by illustrations in the form of a picture book. “The lost soul” was awarded a special mention of the Bologna Ragazzi Award in 2018.
- Which state govt. presented its budget through the National e-Vidhan Application (NeVA) that included the conversion of SCB Medical College into an ‘AIIMS plus Institute’?
5) Uttar Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Odisha
On February 22, 2021, Odisha’s Finance Minister Niranjan Pujari presented the State Budget for the Financial Year 2021-22 with a budget outlay of INR 1,70,000 Crores. The Budget was presented through the National e-Vidhan Application (NeVA) & Odisha Budget Mobile App. The Budget listed the conversion of SCB Medical College, Cuttack into ‘AIIMS plus Institute’ for providing world-class health care facilities by spending INR 3500 Crores over 3 years.