AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 December 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- In December 2021, The security of the Offshore Development Area in Krishna Godavari Basin, Visakhapatnam was reviewed during _________ Exercise.
5) AUMXAnswer-3) Prasthan
The security of the Offshore Development Area in Krishna Godavari Basin on the East Coast of India in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh was reviewed during exercise Prasthan, conducted in December 2021.
i. The biannual exercise was coordinated and controlled by NOIC (APD) from Joint Operations Centre (JOC) Visakhapatnam under the aegis of Indian Navy.
- In December 2021, Minister of Defence, Rajnath Singh launched indigenous Multi-terrain Artillery Gun (MArG 155)– BR that was developed by which company?
1) Larsen & Toubro
2) Indian Ordnance Factories
3) TATA Advanced Systems Ltd
4) Bharat Forge Ltd
5) Bharat Electronics LtdAnswer-4) Bharat Forge Ltd
On the lines of Government’s Make-in-India and Atma Nirbhar Bharat Mission, the Union Minister Rajnath Singh, Ministry of Defence (MoD) unveiled indigenously built Multi-terrain Artillery Gun (MArG 155) – BR
ii. The MArG 155– BR is the only 155mm 39 calibre gun system mounted on 4×4 HMV (High Mobility Vehicle) in the world.
ii. It is developed by Pune, Maharashtra based Indian MNC Bharat Forge Ltd.
About MArG 155– BR Gun:
The weight of a fully kitted gun is 18 ton & it is capable of firing complete NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) standard and in service ammunition.
- Which Bank recently (in Dec’21) partnered with MoneyGram to enable International Fund Transfer?
1) India Post Payments Bank
2) Paytm Payments Bank
3) Airtel Payment Bank
4) Jio Payment Bank
5) Fino Payment BankAnswer-2) Paytm Payments Bank
Paytm Payments Bank has partnered with MoneyGram to enable international fund transfer directly to Paytm Wallet.
i. MoneyGram transactions in India received digitally stands at nearly 50 percent of all transactions received in the country.
ii. This is MoneyGram’s first mobile wallet partnership in India.
About Paytm Payments Bank:
MD & CEO – Satish Kumar Gupta
Headquarters – Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Which Company signed an agreement with KfW Development Bank (in Dec’21) to provide USD 169.5 million loan for Power Sector and Renewable Projects?
1) Rural Electrification Corporation
2) NTPC Limited
3) Power Finance Corporation
4) Coal India
5) Power Grid Corporation of IndiaAnswer-1) Rural Electrification Corporation
REC Ltd (Rural Electrification Corporation Limited) has signed a pact with KfW Development Bank to avail Official Development Assistance (ODA) term loan worth USD 169.5 million for power sector and renewable energy projects. The loan is provided under the Indo-German bilateral partnership.
i. The approval was passed by the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance.
ii. It will help in projects such as electrical and electromechanical/hydro systems, projects of lift irrigation, smart city, electrification of railway lines, airports, etc
- What is the Tagline of Akasa Air that was crafted by 26FIVE India Lab in December 2021?
1) Your Palace in the Sky
2) Touch the Sky
3) It’s Your Sky
4) Great way to Fly
5) Fly the HighAnswer-3) It’s Your Sky
India’s new Airline, ‘Akasa Air’ launched its logo “The Rising A” & its tagline “It’s Your Sky”, which highlights the brand’s promise to embrace everyone and to create an inclusive environment for all Indians.
i. Brand colours: ‘Sunrise Orange’ and ‘Passionate Purple’ reflect the airline’s warm, youthful, and respectful nature.
ii. The symbol & tagline were crafted by 26FIVE India Lab.
Note- Akasa Air operated by SNV Aviation Private Limited and backed by billionaire Rakesh Jhunjhunwala
- In December 2021, Who was awarded with the BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2021 Award?
1) Emma Raducanu
2) Serena Williams
3) Novak Djokovic
4) Roger Federer
5) Naomi OsakaAnswer-1) Emma Raducanu
2021 US Open Women’s Singles Champion, Emma Raducanu won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2021 Award.
i. Winning her first major title at the 2021 US Open, Emma Raducanu became the 1st qualifier in the open era to win a grand slam tennis tournament.
- Which Organization launched indigenous messaging application called ASIGMA – Army Secure IndiGeneous Messaging Application?
2) Indian Army
4) Indian Navy
5) BELAnswer-2) Indian Army
The Indian Army, launched a contemporary messaging application named ‘ASIGMA’ (Army Secure IndiGeneous Messaging Application).
i. It is a new generation web-based application developed entirely in-house by a team of officers of the Corps of Signals of the Army.
ii. It works as an alternative to Army Wide Area Network (AWAN) messaging application which has been in service for the past 15 years.
About Indian Army:
Chief of the Army Staff– Manoj Mukund Naravane
- In Men’s Asian Champions Trophy Hockey Trophy 2021, India won the ____ medal, while ____ won the Gold medal.
1) Silver; South Korea
2) Bronze; Japan
3) Silver; Pakistan
4) Bronze; South Korea
5) Silver; JapanAnswer-4) Bronze; South Korea
Indian Men’s Hockey team won a bronze medal in the Men’s Asian Champions Trophy Hockey tournament 2021 in Dhaka, Bangladesh after defeating Pakistan.Tournament Held at – Mawlana Bhashani Hockey Stadium, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
i. Harmanpreet Singh was adjudged as the Player of the Match, where India defeated Pakistan in 4-3 game, to win Bronze.
ii. The Men’s Asian Champions Trophy Hockey Trophy 2021 was won by South Korea and silver for Japan.
- Which of the following points are correct with the National Farmers Day?
A) The National Farmers Day or Kisan Diwas is observed across India on 23rd December 2021.
B) This Day is celebrated on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Father of Agriculture M. S. Swaminathan.
C) The first National Farmers’ Day was observed on 23rd December 2001.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only A & CAnswer-5) Only A & C
The National Farmers Day or Kisan Diwas is observed across India on 23rd december 2021.
i. This Day is celebrated on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Former Prime Minister Chaudhary Charan Singh.
ii. The first National Farmers’ Day was observed on 23rd December 2001.
- In December 2021, Justice Sanjaya Kumar Mishra was appointed as the Acting Chief Justice of which High Court?
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) PunjabAnswer-2) Uttarakhand
In the exercise of the power conferred by Article 223 of the Constitution of India 1949, the President of India has appointed Justice Sanjaya Kumar Mishra has been appointed as the Acting Chief Justice(CJ) of the Uttarakhand HC with effect from 24th December 2021.
i. He was appointed following the retirement of Justice Raghvendra Singh Chauhan, CJ of Uttarakhand HC.