AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 December 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Tribal Affairs Minister, Arjun Munda recently e-launched the new Tribes India Outlet on December 2020 in Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport. Where was that airport located?
5) GuwahatiAnswer-5) Guwahati
Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Tribal Co-operative Marketing Federation of India (TRIFED) are in motive to promote the livelihood of the tribal artisans through marketing and provide support to tribal products across the country through various initiatives. As a part of initiatives, Union Minister for Tribal Affairs Shri Arjun Munda e-launched the new Tribes India Outlet at the Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport or also called International Airport, Guwahati in Assam. TRIFED and Shree Swarnam Divine Products Private Limited (DIVINITI) made an MoU to create a strong market for tribal products in New Delhi.
- Which Defence manufacturing company recently received ‘Green Channel Status’ from the Ministry of Defence on December, 2020?
1) Ordnance Factory Board
2) Mahindra Defence Systems
3) Bharat Dynamics
4) L&T Defence
5) Tata Advanced SystemsAnswer-4) L&T Defence
L&T Defence, the defence manufacturing group of Larsen and Toubro received ‘green channel status’ from Defence Ministry. It has received the status from the Directorate General Quality Assurance (DGQA) under the Ministry of Defence for its major naval weapon delivery systems. Green Channel Policy was introduced in March 2017 by the Defence Ministry, as part of the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- To mark the Centenary celebration of Which University, PM Narendra Modi released a special postal stamp on December, 2020?
1) Banaras Hindu University
2) University of Allahabad
3) Jawaharlal Nehru University
4) Aligarh Muslim University
5) University of DelhiAnswer-4) Aligarh Muslim University
Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a special postal stamp to mark the centenary celebration of Aligarh Muslim University(AMU). He participated in the event organised at the AMU through video conferencing. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, Union Minister of Education also participated in the event. He highlighted the achievements of AMU over the past 100 years and the contributions of its alumni.
- Which branch of the Controller of Defence Accounts(CDA) released a special post cover to commemorate its 25 years of service on December, 2020?
5) ChennaiAnswer-3) Secunderabad
On December 21, 2020 The Controller of Defence Accounts(CDA), Secunderabad, Telangana to commemorate its 25 years of service released a special post cover. It will capture the honour of CDA Secunderabad nationwide, that has the ‘Philately’ legacy alongside. Philately is the study of postage stamps and postal history. It also refers to the collection, appreciation and research activities on stamps and other philatelic products.
- Where is India planning to set-up Coastal Radar Stations to expand India’s Coastal Surveillance Network (CSN) as of December, 2020?
1) Bangladesh, Pakistan & Myanmar
2) Maldives, Myanmar & Bangladesh
3) Indonesia, Singapore & Sri Lanka
4) Mauritius, Seychelles & Sri Lanka
5) Indonesia, Myanmar & SeychellesAnswer-2) Maldives, Myanmar & Bangladesh
India is planning to set up Coastal Radar Stations in Maldives, Myanmar & Bangladesh as part of its plan to expand the area under Coastal Surveillance Network (CSN). An expanded CSN will help in Real time monitoring of the high seas for threats & Expanding India’s assistance for capacity building to Indian Ocean littoral (places close to shore) states. India has already integrated Mauritius, Seychelles & Sri Lanka into its CSN, and discussions are being held to bring Bangladesh & Thailand into the network.
- What is the name of 8th Hydrocarbon producing basin of India that was inaugurated by Union Minister for Petroleum, Natural Gas and Steel Dharmendra Pradhan?
1) Kerala-Konkan Basin
2) Himalayan Foreland Basin
3) Bengal Basin
4) Ganga-Punjab Basin
5) Pranhita-Godavari BasinAnswer-3) Bengal Basin
Union Minister for Petroleum, Natural Gas and Steel Dharmendra Pradhan dedicated the Bengal Basin, the eighth hydrocarbon producing basin of India, to the nation at Asokenagar, West Bengal. This discovery would play a crucial role for India’s energy security.
- Which organisation launched an interactive tool ‘COVID-19 Vaccine Market Dashboard’ to enables countries and partners to follow, the developments of COVID-19 vaccine market and the efforts of the COVID-19 Vaccine Global Access (COVAX) facility?
2) Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance
4) Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
5) World Health OrganizationAnswer-3) UNICEF
On December 21, 2020 The United Nations Children’s Fund(UNICEF) launched ‘COVID-19 Vaccine Market Dashboard’. The interactive tool enables countries, partners and industry to follow the developments of COVID-19 vaccine market and the efforts of the COVID-19 Vaccine Global Access (COVAX) facility to confirm that there is fair and equitable access for each and every country in the world.
- Which pharma company will become the world’s first company to produce a ‘Green Vaccine’?
1) Cadila Healthcare
3) Serum Institute of India
5) Johnson & JohnsonAnswer-3) Serum Institute of India
The world’s largest vaccine maker, Serum Institute of India (SII), could soon become the world’s first company to produce a ‘Green Vaccine’. The vaccine major firm is also aspiring to be the first `Net Zero’ pharma company in the world. Achieving Net Zero state would mean reduction of emissions from all sources to zero.
- Which Bank launched ‘Infinite India’, an online platform to provide different banking and value-added services for foreign companies to set up or expand business in India, also becomes industry-first initiative in India?
1) Canara Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) HDFC Bank
4) UCO Bank
5) ICICI BankAnswer-5) ICICI Bank
On December 22, 2020 ICICI Bank Ltd launched ‘Infinite India’, an online platform for foreign companies who set up or expand business in India. The portal unifies different banking and value-added services on one platform for foreign companies throughout their business lifecycle. With this launch, ICICI bank becomes the 1st bank in India to offer such facilities. This initiative is an industry first initiative.
- Which Bank secured the top spot in UPI Transaction among the UPI Remitter Banks in the ‘UPI Ecosystem Statistics’- November 2020 report released by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)?
1) HDFC Bank
2) Paytm Payments Bank
3) Yes Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) State Bank of IndiaAnswer-5) State Bank of India
The ‘UPI Ecosystem Statistics’- November 2020 of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), has released Unified Payments Interface(UPI) Top 30 Banks Performance (for Remitter Banks and Beneficiary Bank). The State Bank of India(SBI) secured the top spot in UPI Transaction among the UPI Remitter Banks with 607.92 million transactions.
UPI Top 30 Performance Banks UPI Remitter Bank S. no Name of the Bank Total Transaction(Million) Approval Rate (%) Technical Decline(TD)- in % 1 State Bank of India 607.92 90.52% 3.12% 2 Axis Bank Ltd 241.92 97.16% 0.56% 3 HDFC Bank Ltd 179.40 93.46% 1.85% 4 Paytm Payments Bank ltd 169.25 92.71% 0.08% UPI Beneficiary Bank 1 State Bank of India 363.23 95.91% 3.06% 2 Paytm Payments Bank ltd 329.04 97.63% 0.06% 3 Yes Bank Ltd 255.73 99.76% 0.10%
- What is the total fund raised by National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Ltd (NIIFL) during its closure, after achieving the targeted USD 2.1 Billion?
1) USD 2.7 Billion
2) USD 3 Billion
3) USD 2.91 Billion
4) USD 2.34 Billion
5) USD 2.86 BillionAnswer-4) USD 2.34 Billion
On December 21, 2020 National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Ltd (NIIFL) announced closure of NIIF Master Fund, as it had completed the fund raising of the Fund by achieving a rupee equivalent size USD 2.34 Billion exceeding its target of USD 2.1 Billion. The investments marked the 5th & Final Close of the NIIF Master Fund. The Fund saw investments worth USD 107 Million from new investors – Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board (PSP Investments), United States International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) & Axis Bank which had already invested.
- Which Bank signed with Government of India for $500 Million (around Rs 3,692 crore) loan towards Green National Highways Corridors Project to build safe, green and resilient highways, on December, 2020?
1) European Central Bank
2) Asian Development Bank
3) European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
4) World Bank
5) International Monetary FundAnswer-4) World Bank
On December 22, 2020 The World Bank and Government of India signed a $500 Million (around Rs 3,692 crore) Green National Highways Corridors Project to build safe, green and resilient highways in states of Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh. It has a maturity of 18.5 years including a grace period of 5 years. It will boost the capacity of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) to mainstream the safety and green technologies and also the climate resilience aspects in project design and implementation.
- Which organisation recently signed an MoU with Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited (MECL) for mutual collaboration in exploration of iron ore, gold, coal, diamond and various minerals in India, on December, 2020?
1) Coal India
2) Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC) India Limited
3) National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) Limited
4) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
5) Steel Authority of India (SAIL)Answer-3) National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) Limited
NMDC Limited (formerly known as National Mineral Development Corporation) & Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited (MECL) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate & conduct exploration in mutually agreed projects for iron ore, gold, coal, diamond and other minerals in various states. The agreement will help in establishing resources, reserves of various minerals, ores & its extraction besides identifying unexplored mining areas. It will support the Government of India’s ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan’ initiative & aid in the commitment of mineral security of India.
- Which country recently signed an MoU with India for cooperation in health and medicine and Supporting ‘Green Healthcare’, on December, 2020?
1) United States of America
5) IsraelAnswer-5) Israel
On December 21, 2020, India & Israel signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation in the fields of Health and Medicine, sharing expertise in building climate resilient infrastructure & support to ‘Green Healthcare’. The MoU was signed by Israel’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Gabi Ashkenazi & Sanjeev Kumar Singla, India’s ambassador to Israel. On November 4, 2020, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi had approved the signing of MoU between India & Israel. The Agreement will replace the existing MoU signed between both countries in September, 2003.
- Which state government’s Industrial Development Corporation signed MoU’s attracting investments worth INR 61, 042 with 25 Indian Companies under its ‘Magnetic ___________2.0’ initiative on December, 2020?
1) Tamil Nadu
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) TelanganaAnswer-4) Maharashtra
On December 22, 2020 Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) signed Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) worth INR 61, 042 with 25 Indian Companies under its ‘Magnetic Maharashtra 2.0’ initiative. With this the proposed investment in Maharashtra has gone above INR 1 Lakh Crore (through MoUs) target set by Maharashtra Chief Minister (CM) Uddhav Thackeray.
Some of the MoUs signed during the event are – JSW Steel (INR 20, 000 crores), Indian Corporation Logistic (INR 11, 049 crores) & INR 7500 crores each by Kirtikumar Steel Udyog & Inspire Infra Projects. MIDC also signed MoU with Bajaj Motors worth INR 650 crores for setting up a new manufacturing unit at Chakan.
- Who was recently appointed as the Chief Secretary of Andhra Pradesh state, on December, 2020?
1) Aditya Nath Das
2) Nilam Sawhney
3) Somesh Kumar
4) K. Shanmugam
5) Ashwani KumarAnswer-1) Aditya Nath Das
Aditya Nath Das, a 1987 batch IAS officer has been appointed as the New Chief Secretary to the Government of Andhra Pradesh(AP). He will succeed the incumbent Nilam Sawhney who retires from the service on 31st December 2020. Aditya Nath Das is currently serving as the Special Chief Secretary, Water Resources and Environment, Forest, Science and Technology departments. Aditya Nath Das is set to retire on 30th June 2021.
- Which is the new Space Carrier Rocket used by China to successfully launch 5 satellites into space in its maiden flight, on December, 2020?
1) Long March 8
2) Falcon 9 rocket
3) Soyuz rocket
4) Antares rocket
5) Long March 11Answer-1) Long March 8
On December 22, 2020, China’s new Space Carrier Rocket ‘Long March-8’ successfully launched 5 satellites into a preset orbit in its maiden flight, the rocket was launched from Wenchang Spacecraft Launch Site, Hainan, China. The rocket has been developed by China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology (CALT). The 5 satellites will perform in-orbit verification of microwave imaging and other technologies and conduct experiments in Space Science, remote sensing & Communication technologies.
- What was the Rank of Indian Men Hockey Team in the ranking released by International Hockey Federation (FIH) for 2020?
5) 4Answer-5) 4
According to the latest rankings released by the International Hockey Federation (FIH), Indian Men’s Hockey Team will finish 2020 in the 4th Position, while the Women’s Hockey Team will finish at the 9th Position. Belgium Men’s Team will finish 2020 at the top position, while Netherlands women’s team finished 1st. Captain of the Indian Men’s Hockey Team is Manpreet Singh, Captain of the Indian Women’s Hockey Team is Rani Rampal.
- Who authored the book, “The Light of Asia: The Poem that Defined the Buddha”?
1) Kunwar Natwar Singh
2) Jairam Ramesh
3) Chinmay Tumbe
4) Chandrakant Lahariya
5) Tamal BandyopadhyayAnswer-2) Jairam Ramesh
Former Union Minister Jairam Ramesh authored his new book titled “The Light of Asia: The Poem that Defined the Buddha”. The book will showcase the story of the poem “The Lights of Asia” which shaped the people’s view of Buddha and his teachings. The book will be published by Viking imprint of Penguin India.
- What was the key position held in Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) by late Madhav Govind Vaidya?
1) 1st Spokeperson
2) 1st Treasurer
3) 1st Chairman
5) 1st Legal ExecutiveAnswer-1) 1st Spokeperson
Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) ideologue and the organisation’s first spokesperson, Madhav Govind Vaidya, died at 97. Vaidya, who had recovered from coronavirus infection, died at a private hospital in Nagpur.
- To honour the birth anniversary of which former Indian Prime Minister, Indian government has recognised 23rd December as National Farmers Day or Kisan Diwas?
1) Rajendra Prasad
2) M. S. Swaminathan
3) Chaudhary Charan Singh
4) Norman Borlaug
5) Verghese KurienAnswer-3) Chaudhary Charan Singh
The National Farmers Day or Kisan Diwas is annually observed across India on 23rd December to honour the contributions of the Indian farmers and to mark the birth anniversary of Chaudhary Charan Singh, 5th Prime Minister of India. To educate people about the importance of farmers in the economy of a country.
- Himalayan Serow, a species believed to be extinct was recently found at __________.
1) Spiti valley
2) Pin Valley
3) Parvati Valley
4) Nubra Valley
5) Chandra TaalAnswer-1) Spiti valley
An extinct spiecies, the Himalayan Serow was spotted in the cold deserts of the Spiti valley in Himachal Pradesh. The re-occurance of the subspecies of the mainland serow was believed to be extinct, has excited environmentalists and wildlife experts in the region.
- Which Financial Institution took projects on pilot basis on Karnataka government’s 1st of its kind Farmer Registration and Unified Beneficiary Information System(FRUITS)Portal?
2) Canara Bank
3) IndusInd Bank
4) State Bank of India
5) SIDBIAnswer-2) Canara Bank
On December 22, 2020 The 1st of its kind Farmer Registration and Unified Beneficiary Information System(FRUITS)Portal, a project of e-Governance, Government of Karnataka is integrated with BHOOMI Package of the Karnataka State to fetch and validate land details. Canara Bank becomes the 1st Financial Institution(FI) to take the project on a pilot basis. It is the first of its kind technology adoption from the Karnataka govt to combine all 70 lakh farmers in the state with land and other details under a single platform.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium located?
5) Saudi ArabiaAnswer-4) Qatar
Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium was inaugurated in Qatar 2 years ahead of the FIFA World Cup in 2022. Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium hosted the 48th Amir Cup final on Qatar National Day, will become the fully operational before FIFA World Cup 2022.
- When was Tribal Co-operative Marketing Federation of India (TRIFED) established?
5) 1973Answer-1) 1987
Tribal Co-operative Marketing Federation of India (TRIFED) was established in August 1987 under the Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act, 1984 by the Government of India as a National Level Cooperative body. It is a national level cooperative body under the administrative control of Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India.
- Where is the Headquarters of Canara Bank located?
4) New Delhi
5) KolkataAnswer-2) Bangalore
The Headquarters of Canara Bank located at Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Who was the founder of Aligarh Muslim University?
1) Muhammad Ali Jinnah
2) Sir Syed Ahmad Khan
3) Muhammad Iqbal
4) Abul Kalam Azad
5) Shibli NomaniAnswer-2) Sir Syed Ahmad Khan
Aligarh Muslim University(AMU) was founded by Sir Syed Ahmad Khan, one of the architects of modern India. He was born on 17th October 1817 in Delhi.
- Who was the MD & CEO of National Payments Corporation of India(NPCI) on December, 2020?
1) Arvind Krishna
2) Dilip Asbe
3) Jayshree Ullal
4) G.R. Chintala
5) Shyamala GopinathAnswer-2) Dilip Asbe
Dilip Asbe was the MD & CEO of National Payments Corporation of India(NPCI) on December, 2020.
- What was the share of Indian Government in National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Ltd (NIIFL), on December, 2020?
1) 51 %
2) 49 %
3) 75 %
4) 38 %
5) 63 %Answer-2) 49 %
The Indian Government holds a 49% share in the NIIF. NIIFL is a joint investment platform for international & Indian investors, anchored by the Government of India. It manages equity capital commitments across its 3 funds – Master Fund, Fund of Funds & Strategic Opportunities Fund.