AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which Ministry (in Apr’21) launched the innovation challenge #FOSS4GOV to accelerate the adoption of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) in Government?
1) Ministry of Science and Technology
2) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
3) Ministry of Education
4) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
5) Ministry of Skill Development and EntrepreneurshipAnswer-2) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has announced an Innovation Challenge #FOSS4GOV to accelerate the adoption of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) in Government.
FOSS is the use of free & open-source software i.e. anyone is freely licensed to use, copy, study, and change the software in any way.
‘Aarogya Setu’ app is built using Open Source Software.
- Which organisation partnered with the Council on Energy, Environment and Water to launch the ‘India Renewables Dashboard’?
1) Central Electricity Authority
2) Bureau of Energy Efficiency
3) Indian Energy Exchange
4) Solar Energy Corporation of India
5) ReNew PowerAnswer-1) Central Electricity Authority
The Central Electricity Authority (CEA) & CEEW’s CEF (Council on Energy, Environment and Water – Centre for Energy Finance) have launched the ‘India Renewables Dashboard’. The dashboard will provide detailed operational information on Renewable Energy (RE) projects in India.
India Targets 175 GW Renewable Energy by 2022 – 100 GW Solar, 60 GW Wind, 10 GW Bio-Energy, 5 GW Small Hydro.
- Where was the 20th Anniversary edition of the Boao Forum for Asia (BFA) Annual Conference 2021 took place?
3) South Korea
5) VietnamAnswer-1) China
The Boao Forum for Asia (BFA) Annual Conference 2021 took place in Boao, South China’s Hainan Province from April 18-21, 2021.
Theme – A World in Change : Join Hands to Strengthen Global Governance and Advance Belt and Road Cooperation.
Boao Forum for Asia (BFA) is a Non-Profit Organisation formed in 2001 by 25 Asian countries (including India) & Australia. It is celebrating its 20th Anniversary in 2021.
- In April 2021, the New Development Bank (NDB) issued a USD 1.5 billion benchmark bond.
Identify the points that are correctly related to NDB:
A) The USD 1.5 billion benchmark bond has a maturity period of 5 years
B) The bond will provide COVID-19 Emergency Program Loans to ASEAN countries
C) India’s K V Kamath was the 1st President of NDB
1) Only A & B
2) Only B & C
3) All A, B & C
4) Only A & C
5) Only CAnswer-4) Only A & C
In April 2021, the New Development Bank (NDB) of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) issued a USD 1.5 billion benchmark bond with 5 years of maturity.
NDB will use the total earnings of the Bond for financing sustainable development activities and to provide COVID-19 Emergency Program Loans to the member countries (BRICS).
India’s K V Kamath was the 1st President of the New Development Bank (NDB).
- Which Bank partnered (in Apr’21) with Google Pay & Visa to provide a secure tokenization to its credit cards?
1) Standard Chartered
2) HSBC India
3) DBS Bank
5) Deutsche BankAnswer-2) HSBC India
HSBC India has partnered with Google Pay (GPay) and Visa to provide a secure tokenization on its credit cards.
This is done based on the principle of NFC(Near Field Communication), QR pay and in-app purchase
- Which company along with Mastercard launched the World’s 1st QR Credit Card “ConQR”?
1) Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services
2) Bank of Baroda Financial Solutions
3) Tata Capital Financial Services
4) Shriram City Union Finance
5) Ujjivan Financial ServicesAnswer-2) Bank of Baroda Financial Solutions
The Mastercard and Bank of Baroda Financial Solutions (BFSL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda came together to launch World’s 1st QR on Card Program ‘ConQR’ – a Mastercard QR on Card solution to simplify digital payments of Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
ConQR Credit Card will have a Bharat QR Code on the card face
- Who was featured in the Forbes 30 under 30 Asia 2021 list?
1) Kavita Shukla
2) Nikhil Kamath
3) Narendra Bansal
4) Keshav Bansal
5) Vibha HarishAnswer-5) Vibha Harish
Forbes launched the 6th annual Forbes 30 under 30 Asia list. 25 years old Vibha Harish, the founder of Cosmix, a Bengaluru based health supplement brand is featured on the Forbes 30 under 30 Asia 2021 list.
Harshil Mathur the co-founder and CEO of Razorpay, featured in the Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia 2021 list under the Finance & Venture Capital category.
- Who recently (in Apr’21) became the 1st Indian Women to scale Mt Annapurna?
1) Anita Devi
2) Arunima Sinha
3) Santosh Yadav
4) Priyanka Mohite
5) Shivangi PathakAnswer- 4) Priyanka Mohite
A 28-year-old Priyanka Mohite from Maharashtra becomes the first Indian woman to scale Mt Annapurna (8,091 metres), the 10th highest mountain peak in the world. Previously, She also climbed the world’s highest peak Mount Everest.
- Who recently (in Apr’21) became the 1st woman Chairperson of NASSCOM?
1) Soma Mondal
2) Chanda Kochhar
3) Usha Ananthasubramanian
4) Arundhati Bhattacharya
5) Rekha MenonAnswer-5) Rekha Menon
Accenture India’s Chairperson and Senior Managing Director Rekha Menon has been appointed as the Chairman of IT industrial body, National Association of Software and Services Companies(NASSCOM) for 2021-22.
Rekha Menon becomes the 1st woman Chairperson of NASSCOM.
- In April 2021, RBI approved the appointment of Atanu Chakraborty as the part-time Chairman of __________ for a period of 3-years.
1) HDFC Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) Axis Bank
5) Canara BankAnswer-1) HDFC Bank
As per the information received from HDFC bank , the Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has approved the appointment of Atanu Chakraborty as the part-time Chairman of the bank for a period of 3-years.
About HDFC bank:
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline: We understand your world