AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 23 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- India was ranked as the _____Strongest Military Force in the World in the ‘Ultimate Military Strength Index’ released in March 2021, where ________ topped the ranking.
1) 4th, China
2) 3rd, USA
3) 5th, Russia
4) 6th, USA
5) 3rd, China
Answer-1) 4th, China
According to a study, ‘Ultimate Military Strength Index’ by Defence Website ‘Military Direct’, India with 61 Points is the 4th Strongest Military Force in the World. China (82 Points) was rated as the World’s Strongest Military Force followed by the USA (74) & Russia (69). Countries are rated based on their Military budget, total active personnel, defence capabilities etc.
- Where was the 36th meeting of the RATS (Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure) of SCO was held and also took the decision to hold a joint counter-terrorism Exercise ‘Puppy-Antider-2021’?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Moscow, Russia
3) Tashkent, Uzbekistan
4) Beijing, China
5) Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
Answer-3) Tashkent, Uzbekistan
India, Pakistan, China & other members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) will take part in a Joint Anti-Terrorism Exercise called ‘Pabbi-Antiterror-2021’ scheduled to take place in 2021. The decision to hold a Joint Anti-Terrorism exercise was taken during the 36th meeting of the Council of RATS (Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure) of SCO held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan on March 18, 2021.
SCO was established in 2001.
SCO has 2 permanent bodies –
· SCO Secretariat based in Beijing, China
· Executive Committee of RATS based in Tashkent
- Which country holds India’s largest Exports of Software & IT services as per RBI’s data for 2019-20 while India’s total software service exports were at USD 128.6 bn?
1) European Union
RBI released the data related to the 2019-20 round of annual survey on exports of computer software and information technology-enabled services in which India’s software services exports stood at USD 128.6 bn during 2019-20, registering 9.1% growth over the previous year.
· The USA was the major destination for software exports with a 56.6% share. Europe had a 27.6% share, of which half was in the UK.
- What is the revised (in Mar’21) maximum limit for health insurance covered under “Arogya Sanjeevani Policy” as per the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI)?
1) Rs. 15 lakhs
2) Rs. 2 lakhs
3) Rs. 5 lakhs
4) Rs. 2.5 lakhs
5) Rs. 10 lakhs
Answer-5) Rs. 10 lakhs
IRDAI has hiked the maximum cover under the standard health insurance plan – “Arogya Sanjeevani Policy” – from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 10 lakh and also has expanded the sum insured bands under the policy to between ₹50,000 and ₹10 lakhs in multiples of ₹50,000 as against the previous range of Rs 1 lakh – Rs 5 lakh.
Headquarters – Hyderabad, Telangana
Chairman – Subhash Chandra Khuntia
- Who won the Women’s Singles Title in the Yonex All England Open Badminton Championships 2021?
1) Nozomi Okuhara
2) P. V. Sindhu
3) Carolina Marin
4) Akane Yamaguchi
5) Pornpawee Chochuwong
Answer-1) Nozomi Okuhara
The 2021 All England Open (officially known as the Yonex All England Open Badminton Championships 2021), the 2nd Tournament of the 2021 BWF (Badminton World Federation) World Tour, took place in March 2021 at England.
· Japan’s Nozomi Okuhara won the Women’s Singles Title.
· Malaysia’s Lee Zii Jia won the Men’s Singles Title.
- Which organisation partnered (in Mar’21) with the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) to launch the Global Integrity Programme, to prevent match manipulation?
1) International Boxing Association (AIBA)
2) Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA)
3) National Basketball Association (NBA)
4) International Cricket Council (ICC)
5) International Hockey Federation (FIH)
Answer-2) Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA)
On March 16, 2021, The Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) collaborated with United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime(UNODC) to launch the Global Integrity Programme a comprehensive international programme to fight and prevent match manipulation.
· Alongside the FIFA Global Integrity Programme, that it will shortly be launching the FIFA Integrity Officers Community Platform.
- The recent (in Mar’21) online campaign #LotsOfSocks was conducted towards _______________.
1) World Mental Health Day
2) World Epilepsy Day
3) International Day of Older Persons
4) International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
5) World Down Syndrome Day
Answer-5) World Down Syndrome Day
In a move to create awareness towards Down Syndrome, the United Nations annually observes 21st of March as the World Down Syndrome Day.
#LotsOfSocks campaign – An online campaign was conducted where, people are asked to wear mismatched socks, to spread awareness on Down Syndrome.
Down Syndrome is a genetic disorder, where a child is born with an additional chromosome 21, so it is also called “Trisomy 21”.
- What is the theme of 2021’s International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, that is annually observed by UN on 21st of March?
1) United Against Racism: Dignity and Justice for All
2) Youth Standing Up Against Racism
3) Mitigating and countering rising extreme supremacist ideologies
4) The Role of Leaders in Combating Racism and Racial Discrimination
5) I Stand Up To Racism
Answer-2) Youth standing up against racism
The United Nations(UN)’s International Day for the elimination of Racial Discrimination is annually observed across the globe on 21st March to eliminate all forms of racial discrimination and to create awareness about the impacts of racial discrimination.
The theme of International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination 2021 is “Youth standing up against racism”.
- Which state govt. announced ‘Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Yojana’ a Universal Health Insurance scheme?
1) Uttar Pradesh
5) West Bengal
Rajasthan Government is set to implement its Universal Health Scheme from May 1, 2021. The scheme named ‘Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Yojana’ will provide free annual medical insurance of up to INR 5 Lakh for every family in the State.
Free insurance will be provided to all families under BPL (Below Poverty Line), NFSA (National Food Security Act) & SECC categories (Socio-Economic Caste Census). Others can pay 50% premium & join the scheme.
- Which of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) deals with “Clean Water And Sanitation”?
1) SDG 17
2) SDG 13
3) SDG 3
4) SDG 6
5) SDG 11
Answer-4) SDG 6
The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)-6 deals with “Clean Water And Sanitation”.