AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 23 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which institution organised the ‘World Universities Summit 2021’ that saw the virtual participation of Vice President Venkaiah Naidu?
1) Lovely Professional University
2) Amity University
3) Ashoka University
4) O.P. Jindal Global University
5) Sharda UniversityAnswer-4) O.P. Jindal Global University
The Vice President Venkaiah Naidu virtually addressed the World Universities Summit 2021 organised by O.P. Jindal Global University, Sonipat, Haryana.
Theme – “Universities of the Future: Building Institutional Resilience, Social Responsibility and Community Impact”.
- In July 2021, ___________ partnered with UNICEF & NITI Aayog launched a COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign – Project CAVACH in _____ aspirational districts.
1) NSE Foundation; 7
2) BSE Foundation; 6
3) BSE Foundation; 5
4) BSE Foundation; 7
5) NSE Foundation; 6Answer-3) BSE Foundation; 5
NSE Foundation in partnership with UNICEF & NITI Aayog launched a COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign – Project CAVACH (COVID-19 and Vaccination Assistance Campaign for Health) in 5 Aspirational districts of India.
5-districts: ‘Nandurbar’, ‘Osmanabad’ in Maharashtra, ‘Karauli’ in Rajasthan, ‘Ramanathapuram’ in Tamil Nadu and ‘Kiphire’ in Nagaland.
- In July’21, Robotics company ‘MX3D’ developed the World’s 1st 3D-printed Steel Bridge. Where is the Bridge located?
1) Los Angeles, USA
2) Ottawa, Canada
3) Amsterdam, Netherlands
4) Oslo, Norway
5) Lyon, FranceAnswer-3) Amsterdam, Netherlands
World’s 1st 3D-printed Steel Bridge, a 12-meter long steel structure, developed by MX3D, a Dutch robotics company in collaboration with a consortium of experts, has been opened to the public in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Name the sportsperson who will be honoured with Mohun Bagan Ratna Award (Posthumously) in July 2021.
1) Praful Patel
2) Shibaji Banerjee
3) Subrata Dutta
4) Sandesh Jhingan
5) Syed Abdul RahimAnswer-2) Shibaji Banerjee
Former Indian goalkeeper, Shibaji Banerjee, who has played for the Mohun Bagan Athletic Club for more than a decade will be honoured with Mohun Bagan Ratna Award 2021(posthumously) at the Mohun Bagan Day Celebration which will be organised virtually on 29th July 2021.
- Name the Site that recently (in July’21) got removed from the UNESCO World Heritage Site list
1) Elbe Valley
2) Arabian Oryx Sanctuary
3) Belfries of Belgium and France
4) Liverpool – Maritime Mercantile City
5) Tournai CathedralAnswer-4) Liverpool – Maritime Mercantile City
i.United Kingdom’s (UK) ‘Liverpool – Maritime Mercantile City’ was delisted from the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites after marginalising losing the vote count conducted.
ii.It was included into the World Heritage Site list in 2004, and only the 3rd Site to get delisted.
- Which city was unanimously selected by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to host the 2032 Summer Olympics?
1) Paris, France
2) Ottawa, Canada
3) Los Angeles, USA
4) Wellington, New Zealand
5) Brisbane, AustraliaAnswer-5) Brisbane, Australia
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) awarded the honour of hosting the Games of the 35th Olympiad or 2032 Summer Olympics to Australia’s Brisbane city.
President– Dr. Thomas Bach(Germany)
Headquarters– Lausanne, Switzerland
- Identify the points that are correctly related to the 32nd Edition of Summer Olympics that is set to be held at Tokyo, Japan in July 2021.
A) ‘Someity’ is the official Mascot of Tokyo Summer Olympic games
B) 5 games – Karate, Skateboarding, Sport Climbing, Surfing, and 4x400m mixed relay are set to make their Olympic debut.
C) Wrestler Bajrang Punia will be India’s Flag bearer in the Opening Ceremony
1) Only B & C
2) All A, B & C
3) Only C
4) Only A & C
5) Only BAnswer-5) Only B
The 32nd Edition of Olympic Games is set to take place in Tokyo, Japan from 23rd July, 2021 – 8th August, 2021.
i.Summer Olympic Mascot – ‘MIRAITOWA’
ii.There are 339 Medal Events in the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. 5 games – Karate, Skateboarding, Sport Climbing, Surfing, and 4x400m mixed relay are set to make their Olympic debut.
iii.Mary Kom (Boxing) & Manpreet Singh (Hockey) will be India’s flag bearers in the Opening Ceremony, while Bajrang Punia (Wrestling) will be the flag bearer for the Closing ceremony.
- Name the organisation that launched ‘Heroes Connect’ – a web database of both men & women sports persons.
1) Hockey India
2) Sports Authority of India
3) All India Tennis Association
4) Board of Control for Cricket in India
5) All India Chess FederationAnswer-1) Hockey India
Hockey India (HI) has launched its own player-oriented web-based engagement platform called ‘Heroes Connect’. It will create a detailed database of the players who have represented India in both men’s & women’s games.
- Who authored the book, “The India Story: An Epic Journey Of Democracy And Development”?
1) Amartya Sen
2) Kaushik Basu
3) Bimal Jalan
4) Urjit Patel
5) Raghuram RajanAnswer-3) Bimal Jalan
Dr Bimal Jalan, Former Governor of RBI, has authored a new book titled “The India Story: An Epic Journey Of Democracy And Development” based on extensive research and data, and his experience as RBI Governor.
- Which Section of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, mandates banks to maintain 20% of annual net profit as Reserve Fund?
1) Section 17
2) Section 20
3) Section 13
4) Section 28
5) Section 31Answer-1) Section 17
Section 17, under the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, mandates all banks in India to maintain a Sum equivalent to 20% of their annual net profit as a Reserve Fund/Statutory Reserve.