AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 23 February 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs December 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Which e-commerce platform has recently (in Feb ‘23) signed an MoU with the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) to onboard rural women as online sellers?
5) SnapdealAnswer-1) Meesho
The Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Meesho, an e-commerce platform owned by Bengaluru (Karnataka)-based Fashnear Technologies Private Limited, to drive digital inclusion of all women registered under State Rural Livelihood Missions (SRLMs) and enable them to sell online.
i. Meesho will offer free support to individual sellers for 100 products and to aggregators for 300 products, offering zero commission fees on all products for Rural Livelihood Mission affiliate sellers as well as training on cataloguing, order management, pricing, and business growth.
ii. The cumulative loan to Self Help Groups (SHGs) was about Rs 80000 crore before 2014. Now, the bank linkage has crossed over 6.25 lakh crore in the last 9 years, with an NPA of just 2.08%.
- Which Municipal Corporation’s green bonds have been recently (in Feb ‘23) listed on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) marking the first-ever green bond issue by a municipal corporation in India?
5) KochiAnswer-2) Indore
The Indore Municipal Corporation’s (IMC) Green Bonds have been listed on the National Stock Exchange (NSE), marking the first-ever green bond issue by a municipal corporation in India.
i. The public issue of IMC green bonds was subscribed 5.91 times the issue size. This issue will provide momentum for the advancement of green financing and aid in India’s goal of moving towards clean and sustainable energy.
ii. There is an exponential increase in the global green bond market, which has now surpassed $2 trillion in cumulative green bond issuance.
iii. From 2019 to 2022, Indian corporations, public sector undertakings (PSUs), and financial institutions have collectively issued green bonds totaling approximately $10.8 billion.
- Name the company that recently (in Feb ‘23) signed a joint venture (JV) with slovakia-based Magic Trading Corporation, Inc. (MTC) for the development of precision drones in India.
1) Garuda Aerospace Pvt Ltd
2) Lockheed Martin India Ltd
3) Gopalan Aerospace India Pvt Ltd
4) Boeing India Pvt Ltd
5) Aarav Unmanned Systems LtdAnswer-3) Gopalan Aerospace India Pvt Ltd
Gopalan Aerospace India Pvt Ltd signed a joint venture (JV) with Slovakia-based Magic Trading Corporation, Inc. (MTC), a self-regulatory organization (S.R.O), and DEFSYSTECH S.R.O for the development of precision drones in India.
i. According to Gopalan Aerospace, the high-precision weapon system AX-2 predator is an attack system of Beyond-Line-Of-Sight (BLOS) guidance type, based on an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) platform. It’s Operational Range is Up to 120KM
- Which of the following points is/are ‘Correct’ with respect to the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival (DPIFF) 2023 held at Mumbai, Maharashtra in February 2023?
A) Bollywood actors Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt received awards in the Best Actor and Best Actress categories for ‘Brahmastra: Part 1’ and ‘Gangubai Kathiawadi’ respectively.
B) Filmmaker Anupam Kher’s Hindi Movie ‘Kantara’ won the Best Film award.
C) Filmmaker SS Rajamouli’s Telugu Movie, ‘RRR’ received the Film of the year award.
1) Only C
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B, CAnswer-4) Only A & C
In February 2023, India’s only independent international film festival, Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival (DPIFF) 2023 was held at Taj Lands End Hotel in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
i. Bollywood actors Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt received awards in the Best Actor and Best Actress categories for their performances in the movies ‘Brahmastra: Part 1‘ and ‘Gangubai Kathiawadi.
ii. Filmmaker SS Rajamouli’s Telugu Movie, ‘RRR’ received the Film of the year award and Filmmaker Vivek Agnihotri’s Hindi Movie ‘The Kashmir Files‘ won the Best Film award. List of DPIFF Awardees 2023
- Name the Indian Naval Ship (INS) that recently (in Feb ‘23) received “on the spot” unit citation by chief of the naval staff (CNS) Admiral R. Harikumar.
1) INS Sumedha
2) INS Vikrant
3) INS Prahar
4) INS Vindhyagiri
5) INS NireekshakAnswer-5) INS Nireekshak
Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS) Admiral R. Harikumar presented a “on the spot” unit citation to “Indian Naval Ship (INS) Nireekshak” at Kochi, Kerala, marking the first for the Indian Navy.
i. INS Nireekshak was honoured for deep water diving and salvage operations at a depth of 219 metres (m) in the Arabian Sea under the most difficult conditions. This is the deepest salvage operation ever performed in Indian waters.
ii. The ship was constructed in 1985 by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders, entered Navy service in 1989, and was commissioned in 1995.
- Name the company that has recently (in Feb ‘23) received the Indian Technical Standard Order (ITSO) approval from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) for indigenously developed “Black Boxes”.
1) Bharat Electronics Limited
2) Engineers India Limited
3) BAE System India
4) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
5) Bharat Dynamics LimitedAnswer-4) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has received the Indian Technical Standard Order (ITSO) authorisation from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) for its indigenously developed Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) and Flight Data Recorder (FDR), which is popularly known as “Black Boxes”.
i. The ITSO is a minimum performance standard for specified materials, parts, processes, and appliances used on civil aircraft.
ii. Critical flight characteristics and audio environment are recorded using CVR and FDR and then used for the investigation of an aircraft incident or accident.
- In which state “Horaglanis populi”, a new species of catfish with no eyes & blood-red body, was discovered by an Indo-German team of researchers in February 2023?
1) Andhra Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
5) TelanganaAnswer-3) Kerala
“Horaglanis populi”, a new species of catfish with no eyes and blood red body was discovered in Kerala by an Indo-German team of researchers, led by Rajeev Raghavan from the University of Kochi, Kerala and Neelesh Dahanukar from Shiv Nadar Institution of Eminence, Delhi-National Capital Region (NCR).
• This marks the 4th Horaglanis species endemic to the southern Indian state of Kerala.
• The discovery of Horaglanis populi is reported in a paper in the journal Vertebrate Zoology.
i. About Horaglanis populi: It belongs to Horaglanis, a genus of rarely-collected, tiny, blind, pigment less, and strictly aquifer-residing catfish.
• Horaglanis populi has a blood-red body, four pairs of well-developed barbels, and measures less than 3.2 cm in length.
- When was World Thinking Day (WTD) 2023 observed across the globe?
1) 22nd February 2023
2) 19th February 2023
3) 21st February 2023
4) 18th February 2023
5) 20th February 2023Answer-1) 22nd February 2023
World Thinking Day (WTD) 2023 was observed across the globe on 22nd February 2023 by Girl Scouts and Girl Guides in the 152 member organisations across the world.
i. The day is annually observed and organised by the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS).
ii. The theme of World Thinking Day 2023“Our World, Our Peaceful Future: The environment, peace, and security”.
• The World Thinking Day theme from 2022-2024 will be ‘Our World, Our Future’.
iii. The day February 22 marks the birth anniversary of Lord Robert Baden Powell, the founder of the Boy Scout Movement and the 1st Chief Scout, and Olave Baden Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Which state/UT has recently (in Feb ‘23) launched India’s first Marine Spatial Planning (MSP) Framework, as a part of a pact under the Indo-Norway Integrated Ocean Initiative?
1) Tamil Nadu
5) GujaratAnswer-4) Puducherry
India’s first Marine Spatial Planning (MSP) Framework was launched in Puducherry as a part of a pact under the Indo-Norway Integrated Ocean Initiative.
• Puducherry and Lakshadweep were chosen as coastlines to pilot the MSP initiative after the 2019 Memorandum of understanding (MoU) between India and Norway that envisaged the collaboration on implementing MSP in Oceanic space.
i. Lt. Governor of Puducherry Tamilisai Soundararajan along with Chief Minister of Puducherry N. Rangasamy, released ‘The Shoreline Change Atlas of the UT of Puducherry’ during the event.
ii. What is MSP: It is a process of allocating spaces in marine zones for human activities like economic purposes, ecological purposes, or social purposes. MSP is a spatial planning approach based on the principles of ecosystem management.
- ____________________ has recently (in Feb ‘23) became 1st High Court (HC) in India to publish its judgments in the regional language.
1) Karnataka High Court
2) Madras High Court
3) Kerala High Court
4) Gujarat High Court
5) Telangana High CourtAnswer-3) Kerala High Court
On the occasion of International Mother Language Day (21st February 2023), the Kerala High Court (HC) published 2 of its recent judgments and became the 1st HC in India to publish its judgments in the regional language.
i. The judgments passed by a division bench of Chief Justice S. Manikumar (WA 926/2016) and Justice Shaji P. Chaly (WA 1638/2022) in January 2023 were published in Malayalam on the High Court’s website.
ii. On 2023 Republic Day, the supreme court also proposed to release 1,268 of its judgments in 13 Indian languages.
• Translated Judgments in Supreme Court: 1,091 judgments had been translated to Hindi, 21 to Odia, 14 to Marathi, 4 to Assamese, 1 to Garo, 17 to Kannada, 1 to Khasi, 29 to Malayalam, three to Nepali, 4 to Punjabi, 52 to Tamil, 28 to Telugu and 3 to Urdu.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification