AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 23 December 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Name the organization that was recently (in Dec’21) deployed 1st Squadron of the ‘S-400 missile system’ in the Punjab sector?
2) Indian Air Force
4) Indian Army
5) DRDOAnswer-2) Indian Air Force
IAF deployed 1st Squadron of the S-400 missile system in the Punjab sector. S-400 is an Air Defence missile system.
i. It has been developed by Russia’s Almaz Central Marine Design Bureau.
ii. It is considered to be the World’s most capable surface- to air missile defence system.
- Indian Army will receive a new range of landmines called ‘Nipun, Vibhav, Vishal, Prachand & Uluk’ to boost China, Pakistan borders. The landmines are developed by which organization?
2) Indian Air Force
5) HALAnswer-4) DRDO
The Indian Army set out to induct a new range of landmines viz. Nipun, Vibhav, Vishal, Prachand and Uluk which will act as the first line of defence against enemy infantry and terrorists trying to infiltrate into Indian territory especially China & Pakistan Borders.
i. Indian Army will induct 7 Lakh indigenously developed ‘Nipun’ anti-personnel mines which is developed by an DRDO
ii. Vibhav &Vishal, anti-tank mines which have been developed for the Indian Army by DRDO.
- Which Company launched India’s 1st ‘Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission Health Locker’ (in Dec’21) to digitally manage all health records?
1) Docprime Technologies
2) Fortis Healthcare
3) Piramal Enterprises
4) Care Health Insurance
5) Aster DM HealthcareAnswer-1) Docprime Technologies
Gurugram, Haryana based Docprime Technologies Private Limited launched India’s 1st Health Locker integrated with Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) namely ‘Docprime Health Locker’.
It is Free of cost to the user, in which users can create digital Health IDs for themselves & their family members to manage all their health records electronically & The Locker has received the ABDM Sandbox approval
Note- Docprime Technologies Private Limited is fully owned by PB Fintech
- Which Bank signed a co-lending agreement with U GRO Capital (in Dec’21) to provide MSME loans worth Rs 1000 crore?
1) Indian Bank
2) Central Bank of India
3) Punjab National Bank
4) Bank of Baroda
5) Bank of IndiaAnswer-2) Central Bank of India
Central Bank of India signed a co-lending agreement with U GRO Capital, MSME lending fintech platform. The agreement will provide INR 1000 crore formal credit to underserved MSMEs at affordable rates across all product categories of U GRO Capital.
i. Under this partnership, it is aimed to disburse up to INR 1000 crore to U GRO Capital’s varied programmes like Pratham, Sanjeevani, Saathi, GRO MSME and Machinery
ii. Central Bank of India will provide co-lending support through GRO-Xstream platform with the loans originated by U GRO Capital’s distribution network.
About Central Bank of India:
MD & CEO – MV Rao
Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Which Bank reclassified the Oriental Insurance from promoter category to Public Shareholder category in December 2021?
1) HDFC Bank
2) Federal Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) YES BankAnswer-3) Axis Bank
Axis Bank announced the approval to reclassify The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd (OICL) from promoter category to public category shareholder in the bank.
i. At present, OICL holds a 0.16 per cent stake in Axis Bank.
- In December 2021, Which Bank was enrolled by RBI as ‘Agency Bank’ to undertake general banking business of both central & state governments?
1) Bandhan Bank
2) CSB Bank
3) Federal Bank
4) RBL Bank
5) IndusInd BankAnswer-2) CSB Bank
RBI announced empanelment of CSB Bank as an ‘Agency Bank’ to undertake general banking business of central & state governments under the guidelines set by the RBI.
i. As an Agency bank, CSB Bank will work with different state governments and central government departments for businesses such as tax collections, pension payment, collection of stamp duty, etc.
- Which Insurance Company won the “Best Governed Company Listed Segment under Large Category” at the 21st edition of the ICSI National Awards for Excellence in Corporate Governance 2021?
1) Aviva Life
2) HDFC Life
3) IndiaFirst Life
4) Exide Life
5) Bharti AXA LifeAnswer- 2) HDFC Life
HDFC Life won the Best Governed Company Listed Segment under Large Category at the 21st edition of the ICSI National Awards for Excellence in Corporate Governance 2021.
i. The award was presented by Union Minister of Home Affairs and Minister of Cooperation, Amit Shah.
ii. The eminent Jury was headed by Justice P.Sathasivam, Former Chief Justice of India.
About HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (HDFC Life):
Established – 2000
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO & MD – Vibha Padalkar
- India recently (in Dec’21) test-fired the surface-surface guided ballistic missile – ‘Pralay’ from Odisha that was developed by which organization?
5) Indian ArmyAnswer-1) DRDO
India successfully test fired short-range, surface to surface-guided ballistic missile ‘Pralay’ from APJ Abdul Kalam Island, off the coast of Odisha.
Pralay is the solid-fuel, battlefield missile with short range (150-500km) based on Prithvi Defence Vehicle from the Indian ballistic missile programme which is developed by DRDO.
- In December 2021, Indian Army got 1st set of indigenously-built Armoured Engineer Reconnaissance Vehicle (AERV) that was manufactured by which organization?
1) Ordnance Factory Medak
2) Bharat Electronics
3) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer-4) Both 1 & 2
During an event in Pune (Maharashtra), the first batch of indigenously developed next-generation Armoured Engineer Reconnaissance Vehicles (AERV) has been inducted into the Corps of Engineers of the Indian Army.
i. The induction ceremony was one in the presence of Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Manoj Mukund Naravane.
ii. It has been designed by DRDO & manufactured by Ordnance Factory Medak (OFMK) in Telangana and Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Pune.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the National Mathematics Day?
A) Every year, National Mathematics Day is observed across India on 22nd December to mark the birth anniversary of Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan.
B) 2021 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize was awarded to Dr Will Sawin of Columbia University.
C) National Mathematics Day was introduced by former PM Manmohan Singh in 2012 to mark the 125th birth anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Both A & B
5) All A, B & CAnswer-5) All A, B & C
National Mathematics Day is annually celebrated across India on 22nd December to mark the birth anniversary of Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan.
i. 2021 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize was awarded to Dr Will Sawin of Columbia University.
ii. National Mathematics Day was introduced by former PM Manmohan Singh in 2012 to mark the 125th birth anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan.