AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 23 April 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- Which organisation recently (in April ’22) signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) with NITI Aayog on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Focusing on Children?
1) UNEP India
2) UNICEF India
3) WHO India
4) UNDP India
5) UNESCO IndiaAnswer- 2) UNICEF India
The National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog, India’s leading policy think tank, has inked a Statement of Intent (SoI) on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) with an emphasis on children with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) India.
i. The SoI intends to formalize a framework of cooperation in order to launch the first report on the “State of India’s Children: Status and Trends in Multidimensional Child Development,” emphasizing a mutual commitment to achieving children’s rights in India.
- Which space company recently (in April’22) signed an agreement with the ISRO arm, New Space India Limited to complete satellite launches?
3) Blue Origin
5) Canadian Space AgencyAnswer-2) OneWeb
The New Space India Limited (NSIL), a commercial arm of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and OneWeb, inked an agreement to complete oneweb’s Satellite Launch Programme.
i. The pact was signed in the mutual interest of NSIL and Oneweb, for developing Satellite Constellation Network, delivering industry-grade secure Internet connectivity.
ii. The first launch with the NSIL is expected to be launched from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) formerly called as Sriharikota Range (SHAR), Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh by 2022.
- Name the Institute that recently (in April’22) signed an MoU with Power System Operation Corporation Limited (POSOCO) to Conduct R&D on India’s Power Sector.
5) IIT-MadrasAnswer-4) IIT-Delhi
The Northern Regional Load Despatch Centre (NRLDC) of Power System Operation Corporation Limited (POSOCO) and Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT-D) signed an MoU to encourage research and development on issues related to India’s power sector and strengthen interaction between the academia and industry.
i. The MoU aimed at strengthening industry-academia interaction with goals of knowledge sharing and capacity building through collaboration.
- Which Indian organisation recently (in April’22) partnered with the Indian Air Force and Indian Navy to use “CHAFF Technology” in the Indian Airforce Aircrafts and Indian Naval Ships (INS)?
1) Bharat Dynamics Limited
2) Indian Space Research Organisation
3) Bharat Electronics Limited
4) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
5) Defence Research and Development OrganisationAnswer-5) Defence Research and Development Organisation
The Indian Air Force (IAF) and the Indian Navy have partnered with the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) to use CHAFF Technology in the Indian Airforce Aircrafts and Indian Naval Ships (INS) in order to protect from enemy radar-guided missiles during hostile situations. This makes India the second country to induct such technology only after the United States.
i. CHAFF is a passive expendable electronic countermeasure technology used worldwide to protect naval ships and fighter aircrafts from enemy’s radar and Radio Frequency (RF) missiles.
ii. The Defence Laboratory Jodhpur (DLJ), a DRDO laboratory, has indigenously developed three variants of CHAFF Rockets namely – Short Range Chaff Rocket (SRCR), Medium Range Chaff Rocket (MRCR) and Long Range Chaff Rocket (LRCR).
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the recent (in April’22) steps taken by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
A) RBI mandated non-individual borrowers with exposure of Rs 1 crore and above from Banks and Financial Institutions (FIs) to obtain Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) codes.
B) RBI directs the Urban Cooperative Banks (UCBs) to create honorary positions or titles within one year.
C) RBI gave direction to UCBs in exercise of its powers conferred under Section 35A and Section 36(1)(d) of the Bank Regulation ACT, 1949.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only A & B
4) Only B & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-4) Only B & C
RBI mandated non-individual borrowers with exposure of Rs 5 crores and above from Banks and Financial Institutions (FIs) to obtain Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) codes.
i. RBI directs the Urban Cooperative Banks (UCBs) to create honorary positions or titles within one year.
ii. RBI gave direction to UCBs in exercise of its powers conferred under Section 35A and Section 36(1)(d) of the Bank Regulation ACT, 1949.
- The National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) was recently (in April’22) declared that the BHIM UPI is functioning at NEOPAY terminals in which country?
2) United Arab Emirates
3) Sri Lanka
5) NepalAnswer- 2) United Arab Emirates
The National Payment Corporation of India’s (NPCI) international arm, NPCI International Payments Ltd (NIPL), has announced that BHIM UPI (Bharat Interface for Money-Unified Payments Interface) has gone operational at NEOPAY terminals across the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
i. This initiative will empower Indian tourists to pay at NEOPAY terminals using BHIM UPI, which has become the preferred means of payment for Indian citizens.
- Which country’s President recently (in April’22) received the “John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award 2022” for protecting democracy?
3) North Korea
5) USAAnswer-2) Ukraine
The John F. Kennedy Library Foundation, for the first time ever, awarded the John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award 2022 to five individuals — Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, United States (US) Representative Liz Cheney, Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson, Arizona Representative Russell “Rusty” Bowers, and Wandrea “Shaye” Moss — each for their courage to protect and defend democracy.
i. The award will be presented by Caroline Kennedy and her son, Jack Schlossberg on May 22, 2022 at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library, Boston, USA.
- Name the Nobel Peace Prize laureate who recently (in April’22) won the Presidential Elections of Timor-Leste/East Timor 2022 for the 2nd time.
1) Taur Matan Ruak
2) Jose Ramos-Horta
3) Xanana Gusmao
4) Francisco Guterres
5) Vicente GuterresAnswer- 2) Jose Ramos-Horta
Nobel Peace Prize laureate José Ramos-Horta has won the 2022 Presidential Elections of Timor-Leste, or East Timor (former Portuguese colony) to become the president for the 2nd Time. He will be sworn into office on 20th May 2022, which marks the 20th anniversary of East Timor’s independence.
i. According to the Secretariat for Electoral Administration (STAE), he secured 62.09%, against incumbent President Francisco Guterres, popularly known as Lú-Olo, who secured 37.91% of the vote.
ii. José Ramos-Horta won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1996 for their work toward a just and peaceful solution to the conflict in East Timor. He shared the prize with Carlos Filipe Ximenes Belo.
- Who was recently (in April ’22) appointed as a member of the Haj Committee of India (HCoI) for 3 years by the Government of India?
1) C Muhammed Faizi
2) M. A. Golandaz
3) Salamat Ullah
4) AP Abdullakutty
5) Maqsood Ahmed KhanAnswer-1) C Muhammed Faizi
In the exercise of the powers conferred by Section 3, 4, 5 and 6 read with Section 15 (1) of the Haj Committee Act 2002(35 of 2002), The Government of India (GoI) has appointed C Muhammed Faizi as a member of the Haj Committee of India (HCoI), a statutory body under the Ministry of Minority Affairs, under sub-section (11), of Section 4 of Haj Committee Act 2022, for a period of 3 years up to 31st March 2025 with effect from 21st April 2022.
i. The Ministry of Minority Affairs is the nodal ministry to conduct the Haj pilgrimage in India.
- What is the theme of the 52nd International Mother Earth Day that was observed across the globe by the UN on 22nd April 2022?
1) End Plastic Pollution
2) Invest in Our Planet
3) Protect Our Species
4) Climate Action
5) Restore Our EarthAnswer-2) Invest in Our Planet
The United Nations (UN)’s International Mother Earth Day (also known as World Earth Day) is annually observed across the globe on 22nd April to honour the Earth and the concept of peace.
i. Earth Day (22nd April) marks the anniversary of the birth of the modern environmental movement in 1970.
ii. 22nd April 2022 marks the observance of the 52nd Earth Day with the theme of “Invest In Our Planet”.
iii. This is the 1st Mother Earth Day celebrated within the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration (2021-2030).