AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 23 & 24 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Identify the points that are correctly related to Indian Insurance Companies (Foreign Investment) Amendment Rules, 2021:
A) The amendment rules for the FDI in insurance companies was notified by the IRDAI
B) As per the new amendments, FDI limit in insurance sector is increased to 51% form the existing 25%
C) At Least one of the 3 top positions – Chairperson of the board, the MD and CEO in the insurance company shall be held by a resident Indian citizen
1) Only A & C
2) Only A
3) Only B & C
4) Only C
5) Only A & BAnswer-4) Only C
The Ministry of Finance notified the Indian Insurance Companies (Foreign Investment) Amendment Rules, 2021 which increases the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) limit in the Insurance sector to 74% from the existing 49%.
i.FDI in the insurance sector was increased from 26% to 49% in 2015.
ii.According to the new norms, Majority of board members, Key Management Persons (KMP) need to be resident Indian citizens, as should be at least one of the 3 top positions – Chairperson of the board, the MD and CEO.
- Which organisation launched the tele-counselling helpline ‘SAMVEDNA’?
1) National Commission for Protection of Child Rights
2) National Commission for Minorities
3) National Commission for Backward Classes
4) National Human Rights Commission of India
5) National Commission for WomenAnswer-1) National Commission for Protection of Child Rights
National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) under the aegis of Ministry of Women and Child Development has been providing Tele-Counselling to children affected during COVID 19 Pandemic through SAMVEDNA -Toll-Free Helpline.
SAMVEDNA – Sensitizing Action on Mental Health Vulnerability through Emotional Development and Necessary Acceptance.
- __________ has announced USD 50 Billion to end COVID-19 Pandemic, by vaccinating at least _______ of the World’s population by the end of 2021.
1) World Bank, 60%
2) World Bank, 30%
3) International Monetary Fund, 40%
4) World Bank, 50%
5) International Monetary Fund, 60%Answer-3) International Monetary Fund, 40%
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) announced an USD 50 Billion proposal to end the COVID-19 Pandemic. It has set a target of vaccinating at least 40% of the world’s population by the end of 2021 & remaining 60% by the first half of 2022.
i.This would inject USD 9 trillion into the global economy by 2025 due to fast resumption of economic activity.
Managing Director – Kristalina Georgieva
Headquarters – Washington, D.C., United States
- Who chaired the 33rd virtual meeting of Health Ministers of Commonwealth countries in May 2021?
1) Tedros Adhanom
2) Harsh Vardhan
3) Ashwini Kumar Choubey
4) Soumya Swaminathan
5) António GuterresAnswer-2) Harsh Vardhan
The 33rd virtual meeting of Health Ministers of Commonwealth countries was chaired by India’s Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Harsh Vardhan.
Theme – “Commonwealth Response to COVID-19: Ensuring Equitable Access to Vaccines and Building Resilience for Health Systems and Emergencies”.
Union Minister – Dr Harsh Vardhan (Constituency: Chandni Chowk, Delhi)
Minister of State – Ashwini Kumar Choubey (Constituency: Buxar, Bihar)
- Which is the 1st small finance bank (SFB) to offer online account opening facility for Non-Resident Indians(NRIs)?
1) Equitas SFB
2) ESAF SFB
3) Janalakshmi SFB
4) Suryoday SFB
5) Ujjivan SFBAnswer-1) Equitas SFB
Equitas Small Finance Bank Ltd (ESFBL) became the 1st Small Finance Bank(SFB) to offer the online account opening for Non-Resident Indians(NRIs). It also became the first SFB to have Virtual Relationship Managers(VRM) based on time zones.
About Equitas Small Finance Bank Ltd(ESFBL):
MD and CEO– Vasudevan Pathangi Narasimhan
Headquarters– Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Tagline – It’s Fun Banking
- Which organisation won the Etienne Glichitch Award in May 2021?
1) Sports Authority Of India
2) Board of Control for Cricket in India
3) All India Chess Federation
4) Hockey India
5) All India Tennis AssociationAnswer-4) Hockey India
Hockey India won the Etienne Glichitch Award in recognition of Hockey India’s contribution towards the growth and development of Hockey.
The award is presented once every two years.
About Hockey India:
President- Gyanendro Ningombam
Headquarters– New Delhi
- Who was appointed (in May’21) as the Managing Director of Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd (CPCL)?
1) Shrikant Madhav Vaidya
2) Arvind Kumar
3) Arun Kumar Singh
4) Mukesh Kumar Surana
5) Gurdeep SinghAnswer- 2) Arvind Kumar
The Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) has recommended Arvind Kumar as Managing Director(MD) of Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd (CPCL), a unit of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
- Indian Navy decommissioned its 1st Naval destroyer ship in May 2021 after its 41 years of service. Name the destroyer ship.
1) INS Kolkata
2) INS Delhi
3) INS Rajput
4) INS Vikrant
5) INS ArihantAnswer-3) INS Rajput
Indian Navy’s 1st destroyer INS Rajput was decommissioned at Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh after 41 years of service (commissioned on May 4, 1980).
- Which Ministry launched the 2 new apps – National Mobile Monitoring Software app (NMMS) & Area officer monitoring App?
1) Ministry of Women and Child Development
2) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
3) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
4) Ministry of Railways
5) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers WelfareAnswer-5) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar, virtually launched the National Mobile Monitoring Software app (NMMS) & Area officer monitoring App for monitoring the MGNREGS (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme) worksites.
- In May 2021, Padma Vibhushan Awardee Sunderlal Bahuguna passed away. What is the famous slogan coined by him?
1) Ecology is the permanent economy
2) Aaram Haraam Hai
3) Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan, Jai Vigyan
4) Satyameva Jayate
5) One religion, one caste and one God for mankindAnswer-1) Ecology is the permanent economy
Well-known environmentalist, Gandhian and Padma Vibhushan Awardee Sunderlal Bahuguna passed away due to COVID-19 related complications in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand.
i.He created the Chipko movement ‘s slogan “Ecology is the permanent economy.”