AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 23 & 24 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the 1st Indian state police in the country to introduce taser guns.
1) West Bengal
2) Tamil Nadu
5) Uttar Pradesh
The Gujarat Police is first in the country to be equipped with taser guns as a part of police weapons to ensure safety and security of the public. Earlier, the taser guns were used in agencies such as the UK Metropolitan Police, the Los Angeles Police Department and the New York Police Department.
- The Bridge constructed by Border Roads Organisation (BRO) over Teesta River is opened for traffic. The Bridge is present in which Indian state?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) opened a 360 feet long bailey suspension bridge for traffic over Teesta River in Munshithang near Chungthang town, North Sikkim. The bridge constructed will be useful for the people residing in Lahen town, North Sikkim.
- Name the Indian state which signs MoU with Netherland company Flying Car Maker PAL-V to set up the manufacturing plant in the state.
1) Andhra Pradesh
5) Madhya Pradesh
Flying car-maker PAL-V (Personal Air Land Vehicle) of the Netherlands will set up a manufacturing plant in Gujarat. A Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) was signed in the presence of Gujarat Chief Minister (CM) Vijay RamniklalRupani between state industries Principal Secretary MK Das and Carl Maasbommel, Vice President of PAL-V’s international business development.The Dutch car company sets up the firm for the first time in India and has set a target of commencing production by 2021.
- Name the Nation which has become the 1st co-chair of the governing council of global climate initiative ‘‘Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI)’ led by India.
3) United Kingdom
5) United States
Answer-3) United Kingdom
The Government of United Kingdom has become the 1st co-chair of the governing council of global climate initiative ‘‘Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI)’ led by India. The initiative was created by the Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi on September 23, 2019 during the UN (United Nations) Climate Summit in New York, US(United States). The secretariat of the Coalition will be in New Delhi.
- To which scheme Cabinet has approved Rs 3,762.25 crore to recognize India as the global hub of mobile and component manufacturing?
1) Electronics Design and Manufacturing Scheme
2) Mobile Manufacturing scheme
3) Modified Electronics Manufacturing Clusters
4) National Electronics Mission
5) Production Incentive Scheme
Answer-3) Modified Electronics Manufacturing Clusters
To recognize India as the global hub of mobile and component manufacturing, Union Cabinet has approved Rs. 3,762.25 Crore for the Modified Electronics Manufacturing Clusters (EMC 2.0) Scheme.
- How many AYUSH wellness centres was included in National Ayushman Mission as approved by Cabinet?
Union Cabinet has approved the inclusion of 12,500 AYUSH Health and Wellness Centre (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sows-rigpa and Homoeopathy-HWC) component of Ayushman Bharat in the National AYUSH Mission (NAM).
- Commerce and Industry Ministry has informed that The Board of Approval on Special Economic Zones (SEZs) has approved 101 cases of de-notification between April 1, 2008 & February 29, 2020. Who is the commerce minister of India (March 2020)?
1) Piyush Goyal
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
3) Nitin Gadkari
4) Ramesh Pokriyal
5) Amit Shah
Answer-1) Piyush Goyal
Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal informed that The Board of Approval on Special Economic Zones (SEZs) has approved 101 cases of de-notification between April 1, 2008 & February 29, 2020 on the request of SEZ private developers which include poor market response, lack of space demand & a change in the fiscal regime for SEZs.
- The Cabinet has approved to sign and ratify extradition treaty between India and which of the following country?
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi announced that it has approved to sign & ratify the extradition treaty between India and Belgium, which will enable the countries to surrender any person found in its territory who is accused of or convicted in an extraditable offence in the territory of the other party.
- Name the SAARC countries which has pledged to contribute $ 3.5 million (combined total) to SAARC Corona Emergency Fund proposed by PM Modi.
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
Answer-5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
The Government of Bangladesh, Nepal and Afghanistan have pledged to contribute $1.5 million, $1 million and $1 million respectively to the SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) Corona Emergency Fund proposed by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi on March 15,2020 with an initial grant of $10 million from India to deal with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Which Bank has introduced the pre-paid card ‘Enkasu’?
1) HDFC Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) City Union Bank
4) IndusInd Bank
5) Karur Vysya Bank
Answer-5) Karur Vysya Bank
In a bid to promote digital India initiative of the central Government, Karur Vysya Bank (KVB), a Scheduled Commercial Bank in India, has launched India’s 1st prepaid wallet card ‘Enkasu’ (My cash in Tamil) in Karur,Tamil Nadu (TN) under its Quit cash movement.
- Which is the 1st Bank to launch COVID 19 emergency credit line (CECL) to provide funds to businesses affected by the infectious coronavirus?
1) Punjab National Bank
2) Canara Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) Syndicate Bank
5) Andhra Bank
Answer-3) State Bank of India
State Bank of India (SBI), an Indian multinational, public sector bank, became the 1st bank to launch COVID 19 emergency credit line (CECL) to provide funds to businesses affected by the infectious coronavirus.
- How much amount RBI is going to inject through Open market Operations (OMOs) into market to maintain financial stability and liquidity during COVID-19?
1) 50,000 Crore
2) 25,000 Crore
3) 5,000 Crore
4) 10,000 Crore
5) 30,000 Crore
Answer-5) 30,000 Crore
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is all set to inject liquidity of Rs 30,000 crore through open market operations (OMOs) on March 24 and March 30, 2020 to maintain financial stability and liquidityin all market segments during coronavirus outbreak.
- The RBI has extended the regulatory restriction on PMC Bank (Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative) till June 22, 2020. Under which section of Banking Regulation Act, 1949 the restrictions were imposed?
1) Section 35B
2) Section 31B
3) Section 35A
4) Section 33B
5) Section 33A
Answer-3) Section 35A
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the 6-month regulatory restrictions on Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) bank which was posed on September 23, 2019 due to financial irregularities, hiding and misreporting of loans given to real estate developer HDIL (Housing Development and Infrastructure Limited). Now, the restriction is extended for three more months i.e. from March 23, 2020 to June 22, 2020 to work out a revival scheme. The restriction has been imposed under Section 35A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 on withdrawal and lending. RBI also superseded the board and the management of PMCbank and appointed an ex-RBI official JB Bhoria as the administrator at the bank.
- The RBI for the first time, shared its BCP to ensure zero disruptions in the national payments systems due to the coronavirus outbreak. What is ‘B ‘in BCP denotes?
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), for the first time, shared its Business Continuity Plan (BCP) to ensure zero disruptions in the national payments systems (NPS) due to the coronavirus outbreak. The national payment system includes National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT), Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS), e-Kuber for government transactions, etc.
- Name the 1st company in India which to begin supply of BS-VI fuel across country.
1) Gas Authority of India Limited
2) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
3) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
4) Indian Oil Corporation
5) Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited
Answer-4) Indian Oil Corporation
Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), the nation’s biggest oil firm, began the supply of the world’s cleanest petrol and diesel across the country. All 28,000 petrol stations of IOC’s across the country are dispensing BS-VI (Bharat Stage- VI) ultra-low sulphur grade fuel to reduce the pollution from vehicles in the air.
- Justice Bhushan P Dharmadhikari has been appointed as the Chief Justice of which High Court (In March 2020)?
1) Madras High Court
2) Patna High Court
3) Bombay High Court
4) Delhi High Court
5) Calcutta High Court
Answer-3) Bombay High Court
Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari appointed Justice Bhushan P Dharmadhikari as the Chief Justice of Bombay High Court. He was sworn in at Raj Bhavan. President of India, Ram Nath Kovind issued a notification for appointing him as Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court.
- Who among the following are winners of Abel Prize 2020?
1) Gregory Margulis
2) Hillel Furstenber
3) Karen Uhlenbeck
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters named Hillel Furstenber from Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel and Gregory Margulis from Yale University, USA as winners of the Abel Prize 2020. They share the prize & the amount of Norwegian Krone (NOK) 7.5 Million (USD 8.3400).
- Name the Ministry which is going to conduct country’s 1st summit on Artificial Intelligence (AI), ‘RAISE 2020– Responsible Artificial intelligence (AI) for Social Empowerment’ in the month of October 2020 (postponed).
1) Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
2) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
3) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
4) Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
5) Ministry of Agriculture
Answer-3) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
The Indian government announced the postponement of the country’s 1st summit on Artificial Intelligence (AI), ‘RAISE 2020– Responsible Artificial intelligence (AI) for Social Empowerment’ to October 5-6, 2020 due to COVID-19. It was to be conducted between April 11 & 12, 2020 in New Delhi by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- The government of India constitutes 21-member high-level technical committee of public health experts to guide the people in preventive & control activities of COVID-19. Name the person who heads the committee.
1) Vivek Pandit
2) Kirit Parikh
3) V K Paul
4) Sachidananda Tripathi
5) K M Soni
Answer-3) V K Paul
The government set up a 21-member high-level technical committee of public health experts to guide the people in preventive & control activities of COVID-19. i.The committee is headed by NITI Aayog member V K Paul.
- What is India’s rank in the 26th edition of Economic Freedom Index 2020 released by Heritage Foundation?
The Heritage Foundation published its 26th annual edition of Economic Freedom Index 2020 to measure the level of economic freedom in 186 countries. India (56.5) ranks in 120th position & Singapore (89.4) tops the index for the 1st time.
Rank Country 120 India 1 Singapore 2 Hong Kong 3 New Zealand 178 Cuba 179 Venezuela 180 North Korea
- Name the World group which launches website (www.covid19-sdmc.org) for information related to COVID-19.
The SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) Disaster Management Centre launched a website [www.covid19-sdmc.org] for information related to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the region as announced by the Indian Prime Minister (PM) Shri Narendra Modi during the recent video conference with SAARC leaders.
- M. R. Viswanathan who passed away recently is ________.
4) Social Activist
Famous actor, director and stage artiste Meenakshisundaram Ramasamy Viswanathan, popularly known as Visu passed away at the age of 75 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu (TN). He was born on July 1, 1945, in Chennai, Tamil Nadu (TN).
- The World Water day is celebrated every year on March 22. What is the theme for World water day 2020?
1) “Water and Climate Change”
2) “Leaving no one behind”
3) “Nature for Water”
4) “Why Waste Water?”
5) “Water and Jobs”
Answer-1) “Water and Climate Change”
The World Water Day is observed globally on March 22 every year, to highlight the importance of freshwater. Theme of the year 2020: “Water and Climate Change”. World Water Day celebrates water & raises awareness of the 2.2 billion people living without access to safe water and the main purpose of the day is to achieve Sustainable Development Goal which includes water and sanitation for all by 2030.
- When was the Work Meteorological Day observed annually?
1) April 24
2) September 26
3) July 4
4) March 23
5) August 18
Answer-4) March 23
The World Meteorological Day (WMD 2020) is observed every year on March 23 organized by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) in the year 1950. The theme of WMD 2020 is “Climate and Water”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the present Governor of Gujarat (March 2020)?
- What is the Capital and Currency of Belgium?
Answer-Capital – Brussels & Currency – Euro
- Who is the Prime Minister of UK (March 2020)?
- Who is the present Minister for Electronics and Information Technology (March 2020)?
Answer-Ravi Shankar Prasad
- What is the Capital of Sikkim?
- Where is the Headquarters of Karur Vysya Bank located?
Answer-Karur, Tamil Nadu
- Who is the present Governor of Gujarat (March 2020)?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]