AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 22 September 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs September 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Which GoI office/Authority has recently (in Sept ‘23) signed an agreement with Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)-National Physical laboratory (NPL) to develop Indian Standard Time (IST) traceable Primary Reference Time Clock (PRTC) for Telecom Sector?
1) National Informatics Centre
2) Indian Telephone Industries Limited
3) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
4) Centre for Advanced Research & Development
5) Centre for Development of TelematicsAnswer- 5) Centre for Development of Telematics
Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research(CSIR)-National Physical laboratory (NPL) in New Delhi, Delhi signed an agreement to develop Indian Standard Time (IST) traceable Primary Reference Time Clock (PRTC) to synchronise all the telecom services with one reference time.
i. The time clock will be based on a regional navigation satellite system called Navigation with Indian Constellation (NavIC).
ii. The agreement was signed under the Telecom Technology Development Fund (TTDF) scheme of the Department of Telecommunication (DoT).
iii. The agreement was signed in the presence of Rajkumar Upadhyay, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of C-DOT.
iv. Primary Reference Time Clock (PRTC) aims to provide direct IST traceability to all the Telecom Service Providers (TSPs) and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) within ± 20 nanoseconds.
- In September 2023, Union Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan launched ‘Skills on Wheels’ initiative in collaboration with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and __________ (Bank).
1) Axis Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) IndusInd Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) HDFC BankAnswer-3) IndusInd Bank
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) launched ‘Skills on Wheels’ initiative in collaboration with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and IndusInd Bank. MSDE minister and Shri Om Birla,Speaker, Lok Sabha have jointly launched the initiative during the inauguration of the program ceremony.
To equip rural youth, especially women, with key digital skills and make them job and future-ready
This initiative will empower 60,000 youth over a period of 5 years with relevant skills training to improve the livelihood of rural households.
- Name the organisation that has recently (in Sept ‘23) signed a Statement of Intent(SoI) with the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) to advance the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs).
1) World Bank
2) International Monetary Fund
3) United Nations Environment Programme
4) United Nations Development Programme
5) United Nations Framework Convention on Climate ChangeAnswer-4) United Nations Development Programme
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) have signed a Statement of Intent(SoI) to use International Standards as a tool in advancing the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs).
The collaboration also aims to develop the first international standard for the SDGs based on UNDP’s SDG Impact Standards and relevant ISO standards.
The partnership is in alignment with SDG17 – Partnerships for Goals.
The collaboration will develop a common basis for documentation and certification, making it easier for organizations and companies to align their efforts and document progress toward the SDGs.
The collaboration will design New management standards for the benefit of businesses and investors.
- Which of the following points is/are “correct” with respect to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)’s Flow of Financial Assets and Liabilities of Household data released in September 2023?
A) Net financial savings of households fell to a nearly seven-decade low of 6.1% of GDP in FY23, down from 7.2% in FY22.
B) National Financial Switch (NFS) usage decreased from 11.5% in FY21 to 5.1% in FY23.
C) Household financial liabilities saw a substantial increase, rising to 5.8% of GDP in FY23, up from 3.8% in FY22.
1) Only A
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-3) Only B & C
Net financial savings of households fell to a nearly five-decade low of 5.1% of GDP in FY23, down from 7.2% in FY22. This marked a notable decrease from the previous fiscal year, where it stood at 7.2% (FY22), as per Reserve Bank of India (RBI) data.
National Financial Switch (NFS) usage decreased from 11.5% in FY21 to 5.1% in FY23, as per data from RBI’s Flow of Financial Assets and Liabilities of Household released in September 2023.
Household financial liabilities saw a substantial increase, rising to 5.8% of GDP in FY23, up from 3.8% in FY22. This indicates that households have increasingly relied on borrowing to meet their consumption needs.
- In September 2023, Asian Development Bank (ADB) lowered India’s gross domestic product (GDP) projection for Fiscal 2022-2023 (FY23) to ________ from 6.4%.
5) 6.3%Answer-5) 6.3%
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) in its Asian Development Outlook (ADO) September 2023 lowered India’s gross domestic product (GDP) projection by one percentage point for Fiscal 2022-2023 (FY23) to 6.3% from 6.4% (ADO April 2023 estimate).
i. This down gradation is due to slowing exports, global geopolitical tensions, and the likely impact of erratic rainfall on agriculture output at the time of harvesting of kharif season (July-October) or during the Rabi season(October-April).
ii. For FY 2023-2024 (FY24), the GDP projection is retained at 6.7%.
iii. In FY25, economic growth could be higher if foreign direct investment(FDI) inflows are larger, particularly in the manufacturing sector.
- Name the company that has recently (in Sept ‘23) signed two non-binding Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) with Lloyd’s Register & Caterpillar Inc for Hydrogen Fuel Cell Ferry & Medium-Speed Engines respectively.
1) Cochin Shipyard Limited
2) Goa Shipyard Limited
3) Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited
4) Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited
5) Hindustan Shipyard LimitedAnswer-3) Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited
The Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Limited signed two non-binding Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) with foreign companies during the Defense and Security Equipment International (DSEI) Exhibition in London, United Kingdom (UK) which took place from 12th – 15th September 2023 at the Excel in London’s Royal Victoria Dock.
i. These MoUs are in line with India’s commitment to advance innovative green energy technologies and promote sustainable, cost-effective alternative fuels.
ii. The two non-binding and confidential in nature MoUs:
With Lloyd’s Register for the development of a hydrogen fuel cell ferry.
With Caterpillar Inc. for a potential collaboration in the production, sale, and service of medium-speed engines, particularly for the Indian Navy (IN) and the Indian Coast Guard (ICG).
- India finished fifth in the medal tally with __________ medals at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Rifle/Pistol World Cup 2023 held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, in September 2023.
5) SixAnswer-2) Two
International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Rifle/Pistol World Cup 2023 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil was held from 12th – 19th September 2023. India finished 5th in the medal tally with 2 medals (1 Gold and 1 Silver).
The World Cup Rifle/Pistol 2023 Rio de Janeiro was the final stage of the ISSF World Cup for rifle and pistol shooters.
i. Italy tops the medal tally with 3 medals (2- Gold, 1-Bronze), china secured 2nd rank with 8 medals (1-Gold, 4-Silver, 3-Bronze).
ii. India’s Elavenil Valarivan won the gold medal in the women’s 10m air rifle event.
This was Elavenil’s second individual ISSF World Cup medal since she won the gold in the women’s 10m air rifle event in ISSF World Cup Rio in 2019.
ii. India’s Nischal won the silver medal in the Women’s 50m Rifle 3 Positions while Jeanette Hegg Duestad of Norway and Stephanie Laura Scurrah Grundsoee of Denmark won the gold and bronze medals respectively.
iii. The 19-year-old Nischal created a qualification national record in the Women’s 3 Positions event by shooting a solid 587 in relay one.
- When was World Alzheimer’s Day 2023 observed across the globe?
1) 21st September 2023
2) 20th September 2023
3) 19th September 2023
4) 18th September 2023
5) 17th September 2023Answer- 1) 21st September 2023
World Alzheimer’s Day 2023 was observed across the globe on 21st September 2023 to raise awareness and challenge the stigma that persists around Alzheimer’s disease, which is the most common type of dementia and other forms of dementia.
World Alzheimer’s Day is observed during World Alzheimer’s Month.
i. The month of September is annually observed across the world as World Alzheimer’s Month (a month-long campaign). It is the international campaign from Alzheimer’s Disease International (ADI).
ii. According to ADI, the theme for World Alzheimer’s Month campaign 2023 is “Never too early, never too late”.
On the occasion of World Alzheimer’s Day 2023, the ADI launched the World Alzheimer Report 2023 with focus on reducing the risk of dementia. The 2023 report is written in journalistic style and featuring key case studies.
According to ADI, globally, the number of people living with dementia will almost triple by 2050.
- Name the state government that has recently (in Sept ‘23) integrated its Maa Navjaat Tracking app (MaNTrA) with the birth registration system to enable the immediate issuance of birth registration certificates for newborns at the Government health facilities.
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) West Bengal
5) OdishaAnswer-2) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh (UP) Government has integrated its Maa Navjaat Tracking app (MaNTrA) with the birth registration system, to enable the immediate issuance of birth registration certificates for newborns at the Government health facilities in UP.
i. This will enhance citizen convenience and eliminate the need for parents to apply separately.
ii. With this development, UP has become the first state to implement ‘Suo Motu’ automatic birth registration for government health institutions verified through the Civil Registration System (CRS) portal.
iii. The MaNTrA app, originally developed in UP in collaboration with UNICEF, monitors the quality of services in the labour room and has been successfully deployed in public health facilities in UP.
- Which state has recently (in Sept ‘23) launched the Integrated Electricity Consumer Portal to establish a paperless work culture throughout the organisation?
3) West Bengal
4) Himachal Pradesh
5) OdishaAnswer-4) Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh(HP) Chief Minister(CM) Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu launched the Integrated Electricity Consumer Portal of Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board Limited (HPSEBL) on the occasion of Engineer’s Day on 15th September 2023.
i. This effort seeks to establish a paperless work culture throughout the organisation, with the goal of streamlining administrative processes and expediting services.
ii. This is a part of Himachal Pradesh’s efforts to achieve a Green Energy State by 31st March, 2026.