AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 22 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the organization which launched the capacity building program ‘Tech for Tribals’ to bring technology to tribal entrepreneurs.
A 30- day long capacity building program called “Tech for Tribal” has been launched by the Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED),which works under Ministry of Tribal Affairs in association with IIT-Kanpur,IIT-Roorkee, IIM Indore, Kalinga Institute of Social Science, Bhubaneshwar (Odisha) and SRIJAN, Jaipur to provide entrepreneurship skills to the tribal people. The Programme is supported by MSME ministry.
- The Administrative council of which Indian state/UT has approved the implementation of Dairy Cooperative Scheme (March 2020)?
2) Jammu & Kashmir
4) New Delhi
Answer-2) Jammu & Kashmir
Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) administrative council approved the implementation of Dairy cooperative scheme for dairy cooperative society with the support & sponsorship of the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC)to boost milk production in the Union territory by empowering dairy cooperative societies with easy financial assistance. The administrative council is headed by Lieutenant Governor Girish ChandraMurmu.
- The Star Health and Allied Insurance company has launched ‘Star Novel Coronavirus Insurance Policy’ that provides coverage to patients who test positive for COVID-19. Where is the Headquarters of Star Health located?
1) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2) Mumbai, Maharashtra
3) Gurgaon, Haryana
4) Kolkata, West Bengal
5) Bengaluru, Karnataka
Answer-1) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd, a company specializes in providing health insurance at low-cost rates to its customers, has launched ‘Star Novel Coronavirus Insurance Policy’ that provides coverage for hospitalized patients who test positive for the current pandemic COVID-19.The company has set a premium of Rs 459 plus GSTfor a sum insured of Rs. 21,000 and a premium of Rs 918 plus GST for a sum insured of Rs 42,000. People who aged between 18-65yrs can avail this policy. The HQ of star health is located at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Credit rating agency CRISIL has lowered the GDP forecast of India for fiscal 2021 to ______.
The Credit rating agency Crisilhas downgraded India’s Gross Domestic Forecast (GDP) for fiscal 2021 to 5.2% from 5.7% due to the coronavirus pandemic.As per Crisil, if the COVID 19 if not tackled by April-June 2020 globally then it may lead to a severe slowdown.
- Kamal Nath the Chief Minister of which state has resigned from his post (March 2020).
1) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-1) Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh (MP) Chief Minister (CM) Kamal Nath of Indian National Congress (INC) party submitted his resignation letter to MP Governor Lalji Tandon at Raj Bhawan, Bhopal, MP, ahead of the scheduled floor test ordered by the Supreme Court (SC) in the State Assembly. He will continue as caretaker CM till new one took charge.
- The IRDAI has constituted a 16-member panel to strengthen its guidelines on
corporate governance. Name the person who heads the panel.
1) Tapan Roy
2) UK Sinha
3) TN Manoharan
4) Nandan Nilekani
5) Pravin Kutumbe
Answer-5) Pravin Kutumbe
The Insurance Regulation and Development Authority (IRDAI) instituted a 16-member
committee headed by Pravin Kutumbe to strengthen its guidelines on corporate
governance. The committee consists of a head, six members from the insurance
regulator besides members from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the Securities and
Exchange Board of India (SEBI) along with other industry participants. The committee
must submit report to IRDAI in three months.
- What is India’s rank in UN’s 8th World Happiness report 2020 which comprises of 156 countries?
The United Nations (UN) released the 8th World Happiness Report 2020 to measure the happiness of people of 156 countries where India(3.573) ranks in 144th position & Finland(7.809) tops the 3rd time.This is the 1st time the report ranks cities around the world, where Delhi- India (4.011) is positioned in 180th position which is among 10 least happiest cities,Helsinki-Finland (7.828) tops the report were, Kabul -Afghanistan (3.236) is at the bottom place with 186th position.
Rank table (including top & bottom)
Rank Country 144 India 1 Finland 2 Denmark 3 Switzerland 151 Zimbabwe 152 South Sudan 153 Afghanistan
- The Union Defence Minister has proposed “Draft Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP) 2020” featuring promotion of indigenous manufacturing. Name the Person who headed the Drafting committee of DPP-2020.
1) Bibek Debroy
2) Biplab Kumar Sarma
3) Kirit Parikh
4) Vivek Pandit
5) Apurva Chandra
Answer-5) Apurva Chandra
Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh proposed a new “Draft Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP) 2020” featuring promotion of indigenous manufacturing. The proposed DPP 2020 comes into effect from April 1, 2020 and remain in force till March 31, 2025. DPP 2020 replaces DPP 2016 and the draft for DPP 2020 has been finalized by a high-level committee headed by Apurva Chandra, Director General (DG) Acquisition, Ministry of Defence that was set up in August 2019.
- Name the Space agency which has detected 4 Asteroids namely, 2020 FK, 2020
FS,2020 DP4 & 2020 FF1 approaching the earth (March 2020).
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) Centre for Near-Earth
Object Studies (CNEOS) identifies 4 asteroids namely, 2020 FK, 2020 FS, 2020 DP4 &
2020 FF1 approaching the earth which follows Earth-intersecting orbits.
- The Scientists of University of Cambridge have discovered the fossil of world’s
oldest known modern bird skull dating to about 66.8m – 66.7m years ago. What is the name of the creature?
Scientists at the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom (UK) have discovered a
fossil of the world’s oldest known modern bird skull dating to about 66.8m – 66.7m
years ago- means the birds lived alongside dinosaurs for around a million years before
the latter died out. Scientists dubbed the creature as ‘Wonderchicken’, which is thought
to be a common ancestor of modern chickens and ducks.The findings were published in
the journal Nature.
- A study led by paleontologist Richard Cloutier have revealed that Fins of
prehistoric fish “Elpistostegewatsoni” revealed origins of the human hand. Name the journal which published the Findings.
1) Nature Genetics
4) British Journal
5) Scientific Reports
A study led by paleontologist Richard Cloutier of Universite du Quebec a Rimouski in
Canada has revealed the origins of the human hand after examining the 380-million-
year-old complete fossil of an ancient fish called Elpistostegewatsoni which had finger
bones in its front fins. The team has examined the specimen using the high-energy
computed tomography. The study is published in the journal Nature.
- Kenneth Ray Rogers who passed away recently is _________ (March 2020).
1) Football Player
2) Law Maker
Kenneth Ray Rogers, longtime star of country music, passed away at the age of 81 in Colbert, Georgia, US (United States). He was born on August 21, 1938, in Houston, Texas, US. He was inducted to the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2013, for his “distinctive & husky voice”. He was a six-times Country Music Awards (CMA) winner and 3 times Grammy award winner.
- The World Poetry day is observed annually on _________.
1) December 18
2) April 9
3) September 12
4) March 21
5) November 15
Answer-4) March 21
The World Poetry Day (WPD) is observed annually on March 21 to encourage people to read, write, teach, publish poetry & also to recognize poetry’s unique ability which captures the creative spirit of the human mind. United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) has declared March 21 as WPD in its 30th General council meet held at Paris in 1999.
- The International day for the elimination of Racial Discrimination is observed to raise awareness about the negative consequences of racial discrimination. The Day is observed annually on ________.
1) July 7
2) March 21
3) April 6
4) May 12
5) June 1
Answer-2) March 21
The International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination is observed annually on March 21 to raise awareness about the negative consequences of racial discrimination.The UN (United Nations) General Assembly proclaimed the day as a UN Day of observance in 1966.
- The International Day of Forests (IDF) is observed annually on March 21. What is the theme for IDF 2020?
1) “Forests and Sustainable Cities”
2) “Forests and Energy”
3) “Forests and Biodiversity”
4) “Forests and Education”
5) “Forests and Water”
Answer-3) “Forests and Biodiversity”
The International Day of Forests (IDF) is observed annually on March 21 to raise awareness of the importance of all types of forests and of trees outside forests. Theme of the year 2020: “Forests and Biodiversity”.The UN (United Nations) General Assembly proclaimed March 21 as the International Day of Forests (IDF) in 2012 and the day has been observed since 2013.
- The World Down Syndrome Day (WDSD) is observed annually on March 21 to raise awareness and provide support to the patients suffering from Down syndrome. What is the Theme for WDSD 2020?
1) Theme: “My Voice, My Community”
2) Theme: “My Friends, My Community”
3) Theme: “My, Opportunities, My Choices”
4) Theme: “What I bring to the Workplace”
5) Theme:” We Decide”
Answer-5) Theme:” We Decide”
World Down Syndrome Day (WDSD) has been observed annually on March 21 which aims to raise awareness and provide support to the patients suffering from Down syndrome, a congenital disorder caused by having an extra 21st chromosome. The Day is observed since 2012 (1st recognized by World Health Organisation (WHO)).
The Theme for the WDSD 2020: “We Decide”
- When did the World Puppetry Day is celebrated annually?
1) March 21
2) May 12
3) April 21
4) February 12
5) August 21
Answer-1) March 21
World Puppetry Day has been celebrated every year on March 21 across the world with the aim to raise interest and encourage the kids and youngsters towards the comic-art-entertainment form. The day is celebrated since 2003.
- The International day of Nowruz is celebrated every year on March 21. Name the world organization which recognized the day.
1) World Health Organisation (WHO)
2) United Nations (UN)
3) Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
4) World Trade Organisation (WTO)
5) Amnesty Internationals (AI)
Answer-2) United Nations (UN)
The International Day of Nowruz was celebrated on March 21, 2020. The word Nowruz (new day) is the name of the Iranian new year or Persian new year which is celebrated worldwide by various ethnolinguistic groups. The UN (United Nations) general assembly recognized March 21 as International Day of Nowruz in 2010.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- As per the ‘World Population Prospects 2019’ report, what is India’s population by Mid-2019?
Answer-1.36 Billion (136 Crore)
- Where is the Headquarters of NASA located?
Answer-Washington, D.C, US
- Who is the present Tribal Affairs Minister of India (as on March 2020)?
- Who is the present Governor of Madhya Pradesh (as on March 2020)?
- Where is the Headquarters of IRDAI located?
- As per the ‘World Population Prospects 2019’ report, what is India’s population by Mid-2019?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]