AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 22 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Union Power and New & Renewable Energy minister (MoS I/C) Raj Kumar Singh inaugurated India’s 1st public EV (Electric Vehicle) charging plaza at which state/UT?
1) West Bengal
4) New Delhi
Answer-4) New Delhi
India’s first public EV (Electric Vehicle) charging plaza inaugurated by Minister of State (MoS) for Power, and New & Renewable Energy, Raj Kumar (RK) Singhat Chelmsford Club in New Delhi in order to make e-mobility hassle free and convenient for the consumers. This plaza has been established by EESL, a joint venture of Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) under Ministry of Power, in collaboration with New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC), which will host 5 Electric Vehicle Chargers of different specifications.
- Which ministry launched MANODARPAN initiative recently?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Human Resource Development
3) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
4) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
5) Ministry of Science and Technology
Answer-2) Ministry of Human Resource Development
The Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched MANODARPAN initiative of HRD Ministry virtually in New Delhi. The initiative provides psycho-social support to students, teachers and parents and addresses their issues related to mental health and emotional wellbeing.
- Which ministry partnered with UNICEF’s YuWaah initiative to mobilize 1 crore youth volunteers in India to achieve the goals of Atmanirbhar Bharat?
1) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
2) Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
3) Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
4) Ministry of Labour and Employment
5) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
Answer-2) Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports(MYAS) signed the statement of intent with United Nations Children’s Fund(UNICEF)’s multi stakeholder platform – YuWaah to mobilise 1 crore youth volunteers in India to achieve the goals of Atmanirbhar Bharat and to promote the volunteerism among the youth in India.
- Who heads the Investment Clearance Cell (ICC)set up by Ministry of civil aviation for assistance and clearance of proposals in domestic civil aviation industry (July 2020)?
2) Sateesh Reddy
3) Sanjeevanee Kutty
4) Amber Dubey
5) Rajiv Gauba
Answer-4) Amber Dubey
The Ministry of Civil Aviation(MoCA) has set up the Investment Clearance Cell (ICC) under the chairmanship of Amber Dubey, joint secretary, Ministry of Civil Aviation.ICC is a single window clearance mechanism for assistance and clearance of investment proposals in the domestic aviation industry.
- Environment ministry has cleared approval of the Zonal Master Plan of which eco sensitive zone (July 2020)?
1) Sultanpur Eco-Sensitive Zone
2) Bhindawas Eco-Sensitive Zone
3) Bhagirathi Eco-Sensitive Zone
4) Barnawapara Eco-Sensitive Zone
5) Netravali Eco-Sensitive Zone
Answer-3) Bhagirathi Eco-Sensitive Zone
In the review meeting of “Char Dham Road Project” over a virtual platform, Prakash Javadekar, the Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change(MoEF&CC) informed the approval of the Zonal Master Plan (ZMP) of Bhagirathi Eco-Sensitive Zone by the Ministry Environment, Forest and Climate Change(MoEF&CC) on 16th July 2020.The Zonal Master Plan was prepared by the State government of Uttarakhand and appraised by the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- Puducherry CM V Narayanasamy presented Rs 9000 crore tax free budget for the financial year 2020-2021 recently. Who is the Lt. governor of Puducherry?
1) V.P. Singh Badnore
2) Dineshwar Sharma
3) Praful Patel
4) Kiran Bedi
5) Devendra Kumar Joshi
Answer-4) Kiran Bedi
Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanasamy, who also holds the finance portfolio presented Rs 9000 crore tax free budget for the financial year 2020-2021 in the assembly. The budget is Rs 575 crore more than the previous year’s outlay of Rs 8,425 crore and Rs 1073 crore more than the revised budget outlay of Rs 7927 crore in 2019-2020. Note– The budget was presented amid objections from Lt Governor Kiran Bedi and without her customary address.
- Which state’s cabinet gave approval to ‘Samadhan se Vikas’, a one-time settlement scheme for the recovery of long-pending dues?
The Haryana Cabinet gave approval to the ‘Samadhan se Vikas’, a one-time settlement scheme for the recovery of long-pending dues on account of External Development Charges (EDC). It is modeled on the central scheme ‘Vivad se Vishwas-2020’. The scheme is applicable in respect of the full amount outstanding on account of the EDC and on interest and penalty interest. Note– Many colonisers and builders, mostly in Gurgaon and Faridabad failed to pay the state government over Rs 10,000 crore as EDC.
- The Consumer Protection Act (CPA), 2019 has come into effect from which date?
1) July 20, 2020
2) June 30, 2020
3) July 1, 2020
4) August 15, 2020
5) July 31, 2020
Answer-1) July 20, 2020
The Consumer Protection Act (CPA), 2019, which has replaced old Consumer Protection Act 1986 has come into force w.e.f. July 20, 2020 aiming to enforce and protect the rights of consumers, and provide an effective mechanism to address consumer grievances. The act was briefed by Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Ram Vilas Paswan through video conference with media.The Act proposes the establishment of a Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) to promote, protect and enforce the rights of consumers, and make interventions in situations of unfair trade practices.
- Which PSU partnered with United States Agency for International Development for the initiative named “RAISE”?
1) State Express Transport Corporation(SETC)
2) United Electrical Industries Limited(UEIL)
3) Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL)
4) Heavy Engineering Corporation Ltd(HECL)
5) None of these
Answer-3) Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL)
The Minister of State (MoS) for Power, and New & Renewable Energy, Raj Kumar (RK) Singh launched a national programme namely “Retrofit of Air-conditioning to improve Indoor Air Quality for Safety and Efficiency (RAISE)” in order to alleviate the issue of bad air quality in workspaces and to develop healthy and energy efficient buildings. This programme is a part of “Healthy and Energy Efficient Buildings”, a joint initiative of EESL and United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) MAITREE (Market Integration and Transformation Program for Energy Efficiency) programme, launched on the occasion of World Environment Day.
- Rajya Sabha secretariat has launched the employee’s welfare scheme on the name of whom?
1) Arun Jaitley
2) Sushma Swaraj
3) Uma Bharti
4) Bal Thackeray
5) Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Answer-1) Arun Jaitley
The Rajya Sabha Secretariat launched “Arun Jaitley Financial Assistance for Group C Employees”, an Employees Welfare Scheme in the name of former Union Minister of Finance, Arun Jaitley. The Scheme will be funded by the pension his family receives as he has been a member of the upper house. The scheme was formulated and approved based on the decision of Sangeeta Jaitley, wife of Arun Jaitley.
- Which state cabinet approved ‘One-Stop Shop’ scheme (July 2020)?
Rajasthan Cabinet has approved ‘One-Stop Shop’ Scheme– OSS(earlier known as single window clearance system) to fast track investment and capacity expansion proposals by facilitating time-bound approvals and clearances. This will help revive industries in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Harsh Vardhan launched the CSR campaign (to prevent spread of COVID-19) of which public sector bank recently?
1) Indian Overseas Bank
2) Central Bank of India
3) Punjab National Bank
4) UCO Bank
5) Bank of Maharashtra
Answer-3) Punjab National Bank
Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Harsh Vardhan launched Punjab National Bank(PNB)’s nationwide Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR) campaign to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by distributing face masks and sanitizers.
- Which ministry signed MoU with Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) for data sharing?
1) Ministry of Culture
2) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
3) Ministry of Human Resource Development
4) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
5) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Answer-5) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Central Board of Direct Taxes(CBDT) and the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MoMSME) signed the formal memorandum of understanding(MoU) for sharing of data related to income tax returns by the CBDT to the Ministry of MSME.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) signed MoU with the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) for data sharing. Both the CBDT & CBIC functions under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Commerce
3) Ministry of Heavy Industries
4) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
5) Ministry of Finance
Answer-5) Ministry of Finance
Two tax policy bodies under the Finance Ministry: The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC), signed A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for a smoother data exchange between the two organizations.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the MD&CEO of Karur Vysya Bank.
1) Arun Singhal
2) PVS Suryakumar
3) Shaji KV
4) P R Seshadri
5) Ramesh Babu Boddu
Answer-5) Ramesh Babu Boddu
Karur Vysya Bank (KVB)’s Board of Directors has co-opted Ramesh Babu Boddu as an Additional Director and appointed him as the Managing Director(MD) & Chief Executive Officer(CEO) for three years’ tenure. He replaces P R Seshadri, who resigned in January 2020 citing personal reasons.
- Indian Navy carried out Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with navy of which country near the Andaman and Nicobar Islands (July 2020)?
2) United States
4) Sri Lanka
Answer-2) United States
Indian Navy undertook a short joint naval Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with the United States (US) Navy near the Andaman and Nicobar (A&N) islands in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR) to conduct maritime drills, against the backdrop of the India-China border standoff in Ladakh. Both naval forces conducted high-end exercises designed to maximize training and interoperability, including air defense.US was represented by US Navy carrier strike group which was led by USS (United States Ship) Nimitz (CVN 68), a nuclear-powered World’s largest aircraft carrier USS Nimitz and consisted of Ticonderoga-class guided missile cruiser USS Princeton (CG 59), Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyers USS Sterett (DDG 104) and USS Ralph Johnson (DDG 114).
- Ministry of Defence signed deal with which PSU for the procurement of 1,512 mine plough for Indian army’s battle tank T-90?
1) Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers
2) Shipping Corporation of India
3) Bharat Earth Movers Limited
4) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
5) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
Answer-3) Bharat Earth Movers Limited
To boost Make in India Initiative of the Indian government, the Defence Acquisition Council(DAC) chaired by Rajnath Singh, Union Minister of Defence signed the contract worth Rs.557 crores (approx) with Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) for the procurement of 1,512 mine plough(MP) for the battle tank T-90 S/SK of Indian Army.
- ANASIS-II is the 1st military communication satellite of which country?
2) South Korea
Answer-2) South Korea
South Korea launched its first military communications satellite, Army/Navy/Air Force Satellite Information System 2(ANASIS-II). The satellite was deployed into a geostationary transfer orbit (GTO) by a Falcon 9 rocket developed by US space firm SpaceX. It was lifted off from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in the US state of Florida.ANASIS-II is SpaceX’s 1st geostationary transfer orbit (GTO) mission of 2020.As part of a package for Lockheed Martin’s F-35A combat aircraft, South Korea’s Defense Acquisition Program Administration(DAPA) contracted with Lockheed Martin for the satellite. Lockheed Martin then subcontracted the construction of the satellite to Airbus Defence and Space.
- Name the android malware which steals data such as password and credit card details that was discovered by mobile security firm ThreatFabric recently?
3) Storm Worm
A new Android malware “BlackRock” has been discovered that steals data such as password and credit card details from 337 apps like Gmail, Amazon and more, which was discovered by mobile security firm ThreatFabric.
- Which country is going to host ICC Men’s ODI world cup 2023?
1) United Kingdom
2) New Zealand
3) South Africa
The International Cricket Council (ICC) confirmed that the Men’s T20 World cup, 2020 scheduled to be played in Australia in October – November, has been postponed to 2022 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.ICC T20 World Cup 2021 is rescheduled on October – November 2021 with final on 14 November 2021.The ICC World cup (50 over) is 2023 rescheduled in October – November 2023 with the final on 26 November 2023 in India.
- Lalji Tandon who passed away recently served as the governor of which state?
1) Madhya Pradesh
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) & 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
Madhya Pradesh (MP) Governor Shri Lalji Tandon, who was admitted in Medanta hospital, in Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow, had passed away at the age of 85. He was diagnosed to have chronic liver disease and breathing problems and put on severe medical ailment. He was born on 12, April 1935, in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.He served as the 28th Governor of Bihar between 23rd August 2018 to 28th July 2019.
- The Vesak day 2020 was observed on _______.
1) May 7
2) June 23
3) April 19
4) July 4
5) March 28
Answer-1) May 7
The Vesak, also known as Buddha Jayanti, Buddha Purnima and Buddha Day 2020 was observed on May 7 by International Buddhist Confederation (IBC). The day was recognized by the United Nations and celebrated since 2000.The Day of Vesak (1st full moon day in the month of May) commemorates Buddha’s birth, enlightenment, and death.
- When was the world crocodile day observed annually?
1) 18th July
2) 17th June
3) 15th May
4) 14th August
5) 13th April
Answer-2) 17th June
World crocodile day or World croc day is observed annually on 17th June to create awareness about the endangered crocodiles and alligators specious around the world. The day was first observed in 2017 by the Crocodile Research Coalition (CRC) & The Belize Zoo.
- World day against speciesism was observed every year on _______.
1) June 25
2) June 15
3) July 15
4) June 5
5) July 5
Answer-4) June 5
On June 5, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM), and other animal rights groups observe, The World day against speciesism every year to enlighten knowledge about speciesism among people. Note: The word “speciesism” refers to the assignment of different rights, values, or special consideration to individuals solely on the basis of their species.
- Which country proposed the United Nations to dedicate the year 2020 as International Year of Plant Health (IYPH)?
According to Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) data, annually there is a loss of food crops upto 40% due to plant pest and diseases which leaves millions of people without enough food & affects the agricultural sector severely, In order to address the issue the United Nations (UN) has declared the year 2020 as the International Year of Plant Health (IYPH) to raise the global awareness on how, protecting the plant health can help to end hunger, reduce poverty, protect the environment, and boost economic development. Finland Government has proposed the UN to dedicate the year 2020 as IYPH. FAO and its International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) are the Implementing agencies to promote plant health.
- United Nations decided to dedicate 2021 as which year?
1) International Year of Peace and Trust
2) International Year of Creative Economy for Sustainable Development
3) International Year of Fruits and Vegetables
4) International Year for the Elimination of Child Labour
5) All the Above
Answer-5) All the Above
The United Nations General Assembly has declared the year 2021 as the International Year for the Elimination of Child Labour to eradicate forced labour and child labour across the world. The International Labour Organization (ILO) will be the Nodal agency for the implementation of activities. The Republic of Argentina has proposed the Idea of International Year for the Elimination of Child Labour. In addition to that 2021 was also dedicated as International Year of Peace and Trust, International Year of Creative Economy for Sustainable Development&International Year of Fruits and Vegetables.
- The researchers from Singapore discovered a new species called ‘Bathynomus raksasa’ recently. The ‘Bathynomus raksasa’ is described as __________.
1) Ant of the sea
2) Locusts of the sea
3) Cockroach of the sea
4) Lizard of the sea
5) Centipedes of the sea
Answer-3) Cockroach of the sea
A team of researchers led by Peter Ng from Singapore confirmed the discovery of a new species called ‘Bathynomus raksasa’ (Described as “cockroach of the sea”). The scientists reported their findings in the biodiversity research journal ‘ZooKeys’. The researchers found the new species in 2018 during a deep-sea survey off of the coast of Banten, Western Java, Indonesia (Indian Ocean).‘Bathynomus Raksasa’ is the second-largest isopod species known to researchers to date and is the sixth “supergiant” species from the Indo-West Pacific.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- ‘Nimitz’ is the largest aircraft carrier of navy of which country?
2) United States
4) Sri Lanka
Answer-2) United States
United States Ship (USS) Nimitz is the U.S. Navy’s largest aircraft carrier.
- Bhagirathi river originates at which state?
1) Himachal Pradesh
2) Arunachal Pradesh
Environment, Forest and Climate Change Minister Prakash Javadekar today informed that the Zonal Master Plan of Bhagirathi Eco-Sensitive Zone has been approved by the government. Bhagirathi river – originates at Uttarakhand. The Tehri dam (Uttarakhand) is the highest dam in India built across Bhagirathi river.
- Where is the HQ of Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) located?
The HQ of Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) located at Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Who is the present ex-officio chairman of Rajya Sabha?
2) Harivansh Narayan Singh
3) Venkaiah Naidu
4) Thawar Chand Gehlot
5) Ghulam Nabi Azad
Answer-3) Venkaiah Naidu
Venkaiah Naidu, the vice president of India, is the present ex-officio chairman of Rajya Sabha.
- Where is the HQ of Punjab National Bank located?
1) New Delhi
Answer-1) New Delhi
The HQ of Punjab National Bank located at New Delhi.
- What is the capital of South Korea?
The capital and currency of South Korea are Seoul & South Korean won respectively.