AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 22 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Which Company recently (in Jan’22) got selected by the Indian Armed Force for supplying the single-shot anti-armour weapon – AT4?
5) Almaz-AnteyAnswer-4) Saab
Swedish defence company ‘Saab’ had been selected by the Indian Armed Force through a competitive programme for the supply of single-shot anti-armour weapon AT4.
i. AT4 will be used by the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force.
Establishment – 1937
Headquarters – Stockholm, Sweden
President & CEO – Micael Johansson
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the India-assisted Projects that were inaugurated in Mauritius in January 2022?
A) Indian Government announced to provide LOC for the Metro Express project in Mauritius.
B) The 8 MW Solar PV Farm project was launched to generate 14 GWh of green energy annually helping Mauritius mitigate the effects of climate change.
C) The Civil Service College project in Reduit was launched with support of US$ 4.74 million which is under an MoU signed in 2017.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & B
4) Only B
5) Only AAnswer-1) All A, B & C
Two bilateral pacts were exchanged between India & Mauritius which includes an agreement for the extension of USD 190 million LOC for the Metro Express project.
i. The 8 MW Solar PV Farm project was launched to generate 14 GWh of green energy annually helping Mauritius mitigate the effects of climate change.
ii. The Civil Service College project in Reduit was launched with support of US$ 4.74 million which is under an MoU signed in 2017.
- Indian Navy aircraft P-81 recently (in Jan’22) participated in the ASW Exercise Sea Dragon-22 in which city?
1) Osaka, Japan
2) Guam, USA
3) Medan, Indonesia
4) Kazan, Russia
5) Abu Dhabi, UAEAnswer-2) Guam, USA
P-8I long-range maritime reconnaissance aircraft of the Indian Navy have participated in the multinational Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Exercise Sea Dragon-22 held at Guam, United States (USA).
i. Sea Dragon is an annual multinational high-end exercise hosted by the US Navy.
- RBI recently (in Jan’22) permitted the NBFC-Investment and Credit Companies (ICC) with asset size of ___________ & above to undertake factoring business under Factoring Regulation Act, 2011.
1) Rs 2,000 crore
2) Rs 1,000 crore
3) Rs 5,000 crore
4) Rs 6,500 crore
5) Rs 9,000 croreAnswer-2) Rs 1,000 crore
RBI issued the following regulations after exercising its powers conferred under the Factoring Regulation Act, 2011.
i. It permits all existing non-deposit taking Non-Banking Finance Company-Investment and Credit Companies (NBFC-ICCs) with asset size of Rs 1,000 crore and above to undertake factoring business, subject to certain conditions.
ii. This will increase the number of NBFCs eligible to undertake factoring business significantly from 7 to 182.
- Which Company recently (in Jan’22) signed an agreement with the Fluence to set up a joint venture (JV) to provide Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) solutions in India?
1) Vikram Solar
2) ReNew Power
3) Azure Power
4) Suzlon Energy
5) Tata PowerAnswer-2) ReNew Power
ReNew Power has signed an agreement with the United States (US) based Fluence to form a 50:50 joint venture (JV) to provide BESS (Battery Energy Storage System) solutions to customers of the Indian market.
i. It will provide a solution to ReNew, with 150 MWh (megawatt hour) BESS required for its 300 MW (Mega Watt) peak power project in Karnataka.
- Name the Indian cricketer(s) who was included in the ICC Men’s Test team of the Year for 2021.
1) Rohit Sharma
2) Rishabh Pant
3) Ravichandran Ashwin
4) Both 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-5) All 1, 2 & 3
Indian opener Rohit Sharma, wicketkeeper-batter Rishabh Pant, and off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin were included in the ICC Men’s Test team of 2021 by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
i. The India players Mithali Raj and Jhulan Goswami were included in the ICC Women’s ODI Team of the Year for 2021 by the International Cricket Council.
- Who recently (in Jan’22) won the Prime Minister election of Barbados for the 2nd consecutive term?
1) Freundel Stuart
2) Keith Rowley
3) Angela Merkel
4) Mia Amor Mottley
5) Andrew HolnessAnswer-4) Mia Amor Mottley
The Prime Minister (PM) of Barbados, Mia Amor Mottley, was sworn in for a second term. She is also the first female PM of Barbados in 2018 and now to lead a second term as the PM.
i. She is the eighth person to hold the position of Prime Minister in Barbados and also Barbados’ first prime minister under a republic system.
- Which country recently (in Jan’22) won its 8th Asian Cricket Council (ACC) U-19 Asia Cup 2021 by defeating Sri Lanka?
5) BangladeshAnswer-3) India
India under 19 cricket Team led by Yash Dhull has won its 8th Asian Cricket Council (ACC) U-19 Asia Cup 2021 by defeating Sri Lanka by 9 wickets at the match held at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai, United Arab Emirates(UAE).
i. The ACC U-19 Asia Cup is organized by the Asian Cricket Council (ACC).
- Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM) celebrated the Agri Nutri Garden Week from _________________.
1) 8th-15th January 2022
2) 10th-17th January 2022
3) 12-19th January 2022
4) 11-18th January 2022
5) 9th-16th January 2022Answer-2) 10th-17th January 2022
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM) has celebrated the Agri Nutri Garden Week from 10th to 17th January 2022.
i. The week was observed to encourage the establishment of ‘Agri Nutri Gardens’ in rural households.
- Which state recently (in Jan’22) launched ‘Apna Kangra’ App to promote local handicrafts through tourism?
1) West Bengal
2) Himachal Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-2) Himachal Pradesh
The CM of Himachal Pradesh, Jai Ram Thakur launched ‘Apna Kangra’ app & hampers handcrafted by self help groups (SHGs) at Dharamsala, HP.
i. The CM also virtually inaugurated Radhe Krishna Cow Sanctuary at Luthan in Jawalamukhi Vidhan Sabha area of Kangra.