AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 22 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which country got approval from the Union Cabinet (in Jan 2021) for signing an MoU with India for Cooperation in Solar Energy Sector?
On January 20, 2021, the Union Cabinet chaired by PM Modi gave its approval to the signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Uzbekistan for cooperation in the Solar Energy sector. The entities included in this project are National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, India and the International Solar Energy Institute (ISEI), Uzbekistan. The Union Cabinet has given its approval to the new Joint Venture Company (JVC) for an investment of Rs.5281.94 crore in the 850 MW Ratle Hydro Electric (HE) Project on Chenab river.
- Which State recently (in Jan 2021) signed an agreement with Power Grid Corporation of India for telecom connectivity in remote & hilly areas?
4) Himachal Pradesh
Answer-4) Himachal Pradesh
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID) has signed an agreement with Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board Ltd (HPSEBL) to improve telecom connectivity in the remote & hilly areas of the state. POWERGRID will use the 500 Kms Long Optical Ground Wire (OPGW) laid in HPSEBL Extra High Voltage (EHV) lines of the state to boost the telecom connectivity. POWERGRID has created about 67, 500 kms of Optical Fiber Communication (OFC) network which connects over 1000 plus locations across India
- Indian Railways has renamed the one of India’s oldest train Howrah-Kalka Mail Express as ___________
1) Garib Rath Express
2) Howrah Rajdhani Express
3) Kavi Guru Express
4) Nizamuddin Duronto Express
5) Netaji Express
Answer-5) Netaji Express
As a tribute to Freedom fighter ‘Netaji’ Subhas Chandra Bose, the Indian Railways has renamed the Howrah-Kalka Mail, one of the oldest running trains in India, as “Netaji Express” with effect on 23rd January 2021, the 125th Birth Anniversary of Subhas Chandra Bose. The train was first operated on 1st January 1866 as Howrah-Peshawar Express.
- Which state introduced India’s 1st Solar Electric Roll-on/roll-off (RORO) service?
5) West Bengal
The country’s maiden Solar Electric Roll-on/roll-off (RORO) service and Kerala’s first amphibious water bus will be introduced during the year 2021-2022. Utilising the potential of the National Waterway corridors in the State, the Department of Water Transport will gear up to introduce Barge Service for cargo movement.
- Who won the Presidency Election of the United Nations Human Rights Council(UNHRC) in January 2021?
1) Nazhat Shameem
2) Michelle Bachelet
3) TS Tirumurti
4) Deepak Bhojwani
5) Zeid Raad Al Hussein
Answer-1) Nazhat Shameem
Fijian Ambassador Nazhat Shameem Khan, the chief diplomat of Fiji in Geneva won the Presidency Election of the United Nations Human Rights Council(UNHRC) with 29 out of 47 votes. Fiji became the first Pacific Island nations to win the presidency election of the UNHRC. She succeeds Elisabeth Tichy-Fisslberge of Austria.
- Which organisation signed an MoU (in Jan 2021) with Jammu & Kashmir’s Department of Skill Development that will promote institutional exchange between the them?
1) Institute of Company Secretaries of India
2) Department of Higher Education, J&K
3) IIT Jammu
4) NITI Aayog
5) IIT Madras
Answer-3) IIT Jammu
On January 19, 2021, Jammu & Kashmir’s Department of Skill Development signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Jammu whereas Department of Higher Education signed an MoU with Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI). The agreement promotes institutional exchange between the institutions to use their infrastructure, labs & workshops for research works.
- Recently (in Jan 2021), Joe Biden took oath as the _______ President of the United States of America(USA).
On 20th January 2021, Joseph R. Biden Jr. (Joe Biden) took oath as the 46th President of the United States of America(USA) at a ceremony organised at the West Front of the US Capitol building, Washington, USA. 78-year-old Joe Biden became the oldest President in the history of the USA. He was sworn in by Chief Justice John Roberts. He belongs to Democratic Political Party. Kamala Harris took oath as the 49th Vice President. She is the first woman and first person with south Asian origin to take the office of Vice President of the USA.
- Which state topped in the 2nd Edition of Indian Innovation Index 2020 under Major States Category?
1) Tamil Nadu
On January 20, 2021, NITI Aayog, along with the Institute for Competitiveness virtually released the 2nd Edition of Indian Innovation Index 2020. Karnataka topped the Index in the Major States Category, Delhi topped among the Union Territories (UT) and Himachal Pradesh among North-Eastern and Hilly States.
Rank Major States Score 1 Karnataka 42.50 2 Maharashtra 38.03 3 Tamil Nadu 37.91
- Which insurance company’s share will be bought by Axis Bank Ltd, Axis Capital ltd and Axis Securities Ltd as the deal got approval from Competition Commission of India (CCI), in January 2021?
1) Max Life Insurance
2) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
3) Aegon Life Insurance
4) Bharti Axa General Insurance
5) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
Answer-1) Max Life Insurance
On January 20, 2021 Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the following deal. CCI has given approval to the deal between Max Life Insurance Company Ltd and Axis entities (Axis bank Ltd, Axis Capital ltd and Axis Securities Ltd). Under the Proposed Combination 9% stake in Max life insurance will be acquired by Axis Bank. Axis Capital and Axis Securities will acquire 2% and 1% stake respectively in Max Life Insurance. CCI also gave approval for the acquisition of 7.8% minority stake in Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Limited (ABFRL) by Flipkart Investments Private Limited (FIPL) on a fully diluted basis. The deal is worth Rs 1,500 crore.
- Who authored the book “The Population Myth: Islam, Family Planning and Politics in India”?
1) Sunil Arora
2) T. N. Seshan
3) Najma Heptulla
4) S Y Quraishi
5) Farooq Abdullah
Answer-4) S Y Quraishi
Dr. S Y Quraishi, former Chief Election Commissioner(CEC) is set to release his new book titled “The Population Myth: Islam, Family Planning and Politics in India”. This book looks into the questions about the politicisation of demographics in India based on the standard research of SY Quraishi. The book aims to clear the misconceptions about Islam and break the two myths, Muslim rate of growth Muslims are against family planning on religious grounds.